Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Wheel of Fortune

*Destiny was edging on a learned state of agitation. She stopped abruptly and yanked her shoulder away from the hand of [member="Ciara"] . She did so somewhat strongly, but intentionally avoided using her full strength.*

Destiny: *To Ciara* "You are a very forward creature; however, you will find as long as you sling insults like a child I will be very unresponsive. If you would like to speak with me elsewhere for a moment I am very capable of moving there myself. Otherwise I suggest finding somewhere else to vent your unwarranted anger."

*Destiny looked at Ciara piercingly, her eyes took on a cold and inhuman look as her emotions began to shut down. If the woman wanted to go elsewhere for business matters Destiny needed the money. If she was trying to lure Destiny into an ambush, Destiny had nothing to fear, a combination of high security and Destiny's own ability would ensure that she was safe within these confines.*

Ciara

Huntress of the North
[member=Destiny] [member="Seto Du Couteau"]

"I see. My approach was wrong, but there is a sense of urgency to this discussion. I have no time to deal with..." Ciara states in a diplomatic tone, and turns to Seto for the first time and states callously, "Lustful dregs of society."

"And I apologize if I seemed angry in any way, but I am not." Ciara continued politely to Destiny. Ciara held her arm in the air for a while, gauging Destiny's strength before lowering it once again and stretching her fingers of her right hand. She rotated her fist around her wrist, and tested her grip a few times before tapping the side of her helmet, initiating a recording from this point forward.

Ciara motioned toward a private booth nearby and stated, "Would you please?"

As she began moving away from the crowd, Ciara turned to Seto once more and addressed him directly for the first time: "I'll be back for you later."

Now stop rubbing it in, I already wished I was born in Coruscant Seto thought wearily to himself in mock anger. "Oye, oye," Seto sighed in frustration, "Have it your way," Seto admitted, no longer interested in challenging [Member="Ciara"] in her somewhat abrasive move to remove his company away from him. Rather than to get upset Seto saw this as a lost battle, he had already won war though, his hand gently patting his pocket. Offering a short glare towards the woman he raised his hands in mock defeat as he turned to face [Member="Destiny"] and offered a weary smile. Perhaps even a small regretful smile as well, perhaps if one squinted enough.

"Take your leave if you must then, as it appears both our nights have cut short unexpectedly," Seto said. "If you're ever bored just give me a call, I've always got plans to enjoy what this galaxy has got to offer," Seto added. Truthfully he had plans later to try out some races later and even some tournament he wasn't even sure if he knew how to compete.

Watching as Destiny began to move, he noticed the other woman's stare and offered a confident smile, he wasn't insulted by her comment. Stung perhaps, but expected, playing enough with a wasp and you're bound to get stung. "Sir Lustful Dregs de Society awaits your return Miss," Seto responded to her. "But I don't believe he is here but I Seto Du Couteau will gladly accept and bring your message to him," Seto joked as he offered her a winning smile.

Klay had found himself into the same room as the rest of them, noticing the interesting 'conflict' in front of him before finally approaching Seto as the two women went onto whatever business they intended to discuss.

Wrapping an arm around
[member="Seto Du Couteau"] like he would one of his mates, the pirate leaned in closely to offer some advice. "A girl like that is interested in an assertive guy.", he said patting him on the chest with his other hand and giving a good friendly smile before pulling off. "If anything look at it this way, she went with her because she was assertive.", he said with his own sense of wisdom; whether or not it was true it did kind of make sense, maybe.

The pirate was indeed a bit out of place and probably even more so by going up to strangers and giving them words of advice. Only now did he realize this was the same 'couple' he had saw at the gambling table.

[member="Destiny"] [member="Ciara"]

*Destiny followed the abrasive woman purposefully to the private booth. She sat down across from [member="Ciara"] regretful that she had to cut short her time with [member="Seto Du Couteau"] *

Destiny: *to ciara* "What is it that you want?"

Ciara

Huntress of the North
[member=Destiny]

Ciara closes the door to the private booth and locks the door. She gets up in front of the door and puts her right hand on her belt.

"Well, I am curious about you. Who are you and why is the Queen looking for you?" Ciara states directly in a low pitch, warbled voice. It is apparent that her voice is being further modulated to avoid others outside from listening as well as bypassing the audible range of any surveillance bugs in the room.

*Destiny watched [member="Ciara"] place her hand on her belt out of the corner of her eye as she tried to formulate a response.*

Destiny: "I am Jennifer Drew, well known on the wheel for a winning smile and deep pockets at the gambling table. As for this 'Queen,' you are the second person to mention her around me. I don't know why she would be looking for me, and frankly, I am not too sure who she is, so as to reasons your guess is as good as mine."

Ciara

Huntress of the North
[member="Destiny"]

Ciara visibly relaxes as she hears those words and removes her hand from her belt and sits down in front of Destiny. Her voice modulator actually emits the words at an extremely low decibel frequency, preventing standard audio bugs from listening to her words, "Well, I'll trust you on that matter for now. You probably hold some sort of intelligence that she requires, or perhaps she just wants a HRD for her own intents and purposes. That is of no concern of mine. However, I do wish to discuss what you know about this Queen."

Lowering her hand onto her belt, she removes her previously purchased bottle of tihaar and grabs two nearby glasses. She places one in front of Destiny and another in front of herself. Ciara pauses, and states, "You may be in danger."

Seto turned around, the sudden and unexpected appearance of another man made him realized that perhaps he should be slightly more aware of his surroundings. Offering a grin to [Member="Mad Klay Grubber"] he as well as nodded, slightly agreeing to the idea of his statement. Perhaps it were the dim lights but Seto could have sworn this man was at the table with him just a while ago.

"If you know you already won, no point of fighting," Seto countered, giving a confident smile as he turned to face the man. Clasping him on the shoulders with his free hand, "Trust me, I don't like losing just as much as the next guy," He said, laughing once he turned around to leave the club. He had an assistant to find, already Seto was feeling frustrated and annoyed.

"That's the spirit!", he said to [member="Seto Du Couteau"] before the man went off. Klay looked back towards where [member="Destiny"] and [member="Ciara"] were and noticed that they had disappeared into a closed-door private proof, if anything he thought the very wrong idea about what was going on inside...

The pirate sighed and looked back to Seto briefly before once again engaging himself with the surroundings. [member="The Queen"] had already left but there was still an unresolved issue in the air. He couldn't put his finger on it but his intuition knew better. Something was missing, something was going on, and it wouldn't take a detective to figure out what -- to him he could pull off the deed and discover the hidden truth about the regal woman, the strange lovers, and the mysterious hooded man.

Why was this all so interesting anyway? There wasn't a a very good chance of credits to be made and even then there wasn't a good chance this wouldn't end badly. It was his impulsiveness, that drive to do what comes to mind.

*Destiny looks curiously at [member="Ciara"] . It appears this WAS a business meeting in a way.*

Destiny: "So I am guessing since you know I'm and HRD, you also know who I am. In terms of being in danger, I have yet to piss off the right people; however, she may have some desire to hire me were I one to bet."

*Destiny picks up and downs the cup out of instinct. This was a far more interesting trip to the wheel than she had assumed it would be.*

Ciara

Huntress of the North
[member="Destiny"]

"Perhaps. But I possess a lack of knowledge about the details of what the Queen desires you for. Simple the desire itself." Ciara states honestly. "So I'll tell you directly, The Queen hired me to bring you to her. For what purposes, I am unsure, but she came here herself so..."

Ciara pauses and adjusts her helmet, opening her visor to take a sip of her drink. Ciara pours herself some more tihaar from the bottle, using her sleight of hand to slip in four tablets inconspicuously. She then pours Destiny another drink from the bottle and places the bottle to the side. "Cheers," Ciara says, before downing her drink.

OOC: Cellphone wont let me swap to the right account and sometimes it sends pages twice -_- also, HRD isn't biological enough to be susceptible to any kind of tablets. Destiny only drinks for appearances. EMP would be a much better strategy because the under skin armor is not EMP proof. Rather it is very lightly EMP resistant (in other words residual EMP wouldn't have any effect, but any kind of EMP based explosive would knock Destiny out like a light or at least cause her emotions to go so out of control it would incapacitate her.

*Destiny picked up the glass and once again downed it out of almost pure learned behavior. Was the regal woman The Queen?*

Destiny: *to [member="Ciara"] * "That's very strange. Perhaps she was the exotic woman with the two brutes following her everywhere... Anyways, this is very interesting, but I do believe I will take my leave. I have a date to return for."

*Destiny stands up and begins walking away. Her thoughts were still being muddled by her curious experience with [member="Seto Du Couteau"] and she didn't take much time to analyze what was going on.*

Ciara

Huntress of the North
[member="Destiny"]

Ciara pauses and remains sedentary in her seat. "A date over your own life, eh?" Ciara states as Destiny exits the room.

As Destiny departs, Ciara closes the door once again and locks it. Taking out her datapad, Ciara initiates tracking mechanism of the tablets Destiny had just consumed. It was called DUST, and the pinkish brown colored tablets dissolved into microscopic dust-like trasmitters, providing Ciara Destiny's precise location within the Wheel. Rendering the publicly available floorplans and factory specifications of the Wheel, Ciara created a virtual, 3D model of the entire structure and then, programmed the tracking mechanism into this new model. "Voila," Ciara thought to herself, "Now, I wait."

From her belt, Ciara removed a six sharpened, slim styli and two restraining bolts. Unfortunately, traditional weapons would be far too conspicuous and bothersome to utilize on board the Wheel and thus, Ciara had to resort to EMP weaponry. The conditions of the contract from [member='The Queen'] were unspecified, and thus, she had to bring in Destiny subdued, but alive and still retaining whatever knowledge was stored inside of her mind. The styli were EMP disruptors, and she was planning on directly stabbing Destiny with the devices before activating them to prevent Destiny from avoiding the effects of the EMP while it was being discharged, and the restraining bolts were to be used to incapacitate Destiny during transportation.

Seto's eyes narrowed as he scanned the crowd once more, a sigh escaped his lips as he spotted his assistant. Trapped he was, between a few women and men, probably being a butt end of their joke of how nervous he positively looked at the moment. Quickly reaching over to the man Seto but just glared at the drunken group and they quickly dissipated without much of a complaint. A Du Couteau could clean out a room indeed.

Seto patted down his assistant and began to straighten out the poor man's tie. "Go to the ship and prep it for launch, I might just want to blast out of this place when it gets too boring," Seto ordered the man. Nervously nodding he knew that apologizing would only bring a glare from the young Heir. The Assistant scampered away as Seto looked around, musing on his next actions. The Wheel provided several activities and an assortment of entertainments but for Seto he felt wary of doing much, boredom began to gnaw at his mind as he continued to patrol the hallway.

Another few minutes of walking Seto nearly decided to simply take off, the Tables he knew would be boring, he didn't see much talent. His eyes though instantly locked on a familiar woman, [Member="Destiny"], his smile returned. Seto guessed his assistant would be fine in their ship, not like he was going anywhere without his employer some time soon. His feet quickly maneuvered through the crowd as he crossed to reach Destiny.

"Well then, managed to finish your business?" Seto asked, not exactly expecting a real answer, "But as it seems a mercenary certainly never has a dull moment do they?" Seto chuckled as he asked this, certainly anything than sitting in his office sound better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom