Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Way She Goes Man

His trip to the galactic core had been interesting thus far. Cedric had taken himself a padawan, and this one showed far more promise than any of his previous students. Furthermore, a number of mercenaries, good samaritans, and every other shade of person had signed on with the burgeoning alliance. Soon they would be ready to make their first move against the Sith Empire, though a month yet remained on their estimated schedule. Cedric had not minded the waiting; he truly enjoyed the visit to Coruscant.

Now that visit culminated in the convincing of one final man. Stories of [member="Noah Corek"] were relatively popular among the fighting men of the south, and Cedric had come to hear of him after asking for recommendations. A night of background investigations later and the knight had elected to seek the man out, if nothing less than for curiosity's sake.When dawn had come, he'd taken a speeder down to Mister Corek's residence, or at least what was listed as his dwelling.

The knight had clad himself in the robes and furs of his homeworld, the dark fabric bearing a clear inspiration from traditional Jedi design, but with an Essonian twist to it. It was his hope that recognition as a Jedi might give his words a bit more credence.

After a deep breath, Cedric knocked on the door.

Ari Vox

I thought this was America, huh?!
The woman was a few feet from [member="Cedric Grayson"] when the Jedi delivered his knock, her silhouette lithe and petite given the lack of visible armour. Having taken a note from Cedric she wore a much less conspicuous attire, though hers had an almost ratty appearance to it. Her wool sweater, once worn by a much larger man, displayed holes from its years of use and her legs wore simply denim jeans that fit snug against the Asheran Armorweave full-body suit that reached from her feet to her neck and her wrists where her vambraces and wrist bolter sat.

So maybe she hadn't given up all of her habits.

Still, it was hard for a soldier to do anything ill-prepared, and in her mind when most anything could kill her at a moments notice and with minimal physical effort, she always needed to have something prepared. That too was why she stood with her back to Cedric and the door, watching for lingering eyes or things that looked out of place to her highly tuned senses. They were rebels after all and enemies lay at every crossing, hell she didn't even know if this [member="Noah Corek"] was the real deal.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
[member="Cedric Grayson"] [member="Ari Vox"]

Mid-Levels of Coruscant, Little Mandalore District

Noah sighed as he heard the knocking at his door. For the last few weeks a door-to-door salesman had been coming by to try and sell homeowners insurance...on the mid-levels of Coruscant. Noah had no doubt in his mind that it was a scam to get people's information. He chuckled at that thought, maybe he should give the man his info and see how long he lasted with the kind of people that wanted his head. Shaking his head he decided against it, the guy was annoying and most likely a criminal but he didn't deserve to die.

Finishing up his work, that work being a half assembled assault rifle, and putting it down Noah grabbed one of his nearby sidearms and racked the slide until the slide lock stopped it. Looking down he saw there was indeed now a round in the chamber and hit the slide release before tucking it into his waistband and pulled his shirt over it to conceal it. Reaching his door Noah pushed the button on the nearby control panel to open it.

To say what he saw was surprising would be false because after over two decades he had learned to expect anything. Before even speaking Noah's eyes roamed over his two new guests. Male, military age, a head shorter than him but just as muscular, obviously a force user from his attire. Recommended action was a surprise strike to the throat to stun and step back, draw sidearm and fire two shots, one in the chest and one in the head. Female, military age, at least three heads shorter than him, attentive but obviously sleep deprived and most likely some sort of force user as well, in Noah's experience they always traveled in pairs. Recommended action was to quickly double tap her before the shock could set in. But Noah was a civilian now, sort of, and he couldn't just shoot whoever he wanted, not that he ever did.

A full ten seconds had passed before Noah finally spoke. "Let me guess, you know who I am and want to hire me?"

The ten seconds were painfully awkward.

For all Cedric's bravado, he found himself at a loss for words when confronted with the veteran's searching stare. His gaze shifted to meet Ari's, as if to ask her if she was as weirded out right now as he was. It was only when Mister Corek spoke that the knight visibly relaxed.

"That's a bit of an oversimplification," Cedric's brow furrowed. "Though yes, you'd be correct in the assumption that we want to bring you into our services." His tone was diplomatic, though that seemed to fade from his voice the more he talked. "My name is Cedric Grayson, and this is my associate, Ari," he doubted she wanted her last name given out.

He paused, feeling outward with his senses. When nothing malignant reported its presence to him, he continued, "We're part of a military group, one that wants to make moves against the Sith. I've heard some snippits of your past - we thought seeking you out might be wise."

[member="Noah Corek"], [member="Ari Vox"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Cedric Grayson"] [member="Ari Vox"]

When Noah heard him talking about snippets of his paths he chuckled, if this guy actually knew the half of what he use to do he'd have not come looking for him but maybe he really needed someone with his particular set of skills. "My past huh? Tell me Mister...Grayson was it? What exactly did you hear about me?" With this question Noah invited them in.

Noah's apartment was a mess but not in a disgusting way. It was messy in a way that obviously told of a man who was a soldier. Exercise equipment was secluded off to one corner and, judging by the wear on it, used quite often. The nearby dining table was a varitable armory. A few sidearms, some rifles, a couple of shotguns and a light machine gun to top it off. On the far wall was a flimsi printout of the Sith Empire and First Order's logo with a few throwing knives stuck into them. All in all the apartment spoke of a man who was ready for a fight and hated the Sith.

Ari Vox

[member="Cedric Grayson"], [member="Noah Corek"]

The apartment spoke well of the man's tastes and Ari felt comfortably at home. Spartan in its utilitarianism, the abode felt less like a home and more like an outpost, a place from which the man, [member="Noah Corek"], could stage his efforts and plan his attacks. It reminded the Mando a little of home.

She walked in and closed the door, being the last of them to enter and allowed Noah to give them the tour. Her eyes fell upon the dining table, or at least that was what she assumed it had been, back before this man started using it as a workbench for his various tools of destruction. Again she found commonality, appreciating the obnoxious nature to which he seemed beholden, in the appearance of Sith and First Order colours that sat battered and tattered by knives which protruded from them. There would be no security deposit to return on his vacancy.

"Lovely home," She said, injecting herself into the conversation as her eyes fell upon the man himself. Calculating, belligerent, she could see the processes winding through his mind as he etched their details into his consciousness. She did the same, a trait inherited from a lifetime at war with peace and a curse against any semblance of silence.

Why had she even come? This man was hardly fit, psychologically speaking, to deal with the rebellion that smouldered in their wake.

"Bits and pieces. Mostly about your work with the old Omega Protectorate," the knight answered as Noah let them into his home. The chamber seemed spartan in nature, if one were to ignore the gratuitous amount of weapons at least. There was enough ordnance here to supply a small independent cell all its own.

"I like your posters," Cedric snickered, tilting his head toward the speared emblems of the Sith Empire and the First Order. "My family was imperial, but I never really was a fan of the belief system. Too much boot licking," he continued as Noah led them on.

The room reminded him of his father's private armory back on the Chimaera. He'd watched the old man fiddle with more than his fair share of firearms in that old room. The memory filled Cedric with a momentary feeling of nostaliga, one that faded slowly as he grew acclimated to his surroundings.

"I suppose the question isn't what you've done, Mister Corek," Cedric cracked a smile. "It's what you plan to do."

[member="Ari Vox"], [member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Ari Vox"] [member="Cedric Grayson"]

The Omega Protectorate, the place where Noah had finally felt at home. Until it was utterly destroyed when the Omega Defense Force was decimated when millions of it servicemen and women were suddenly taken from the universe and criminal factions took advantage. In those days Noah had struggled to take the lead and they were eventually pushed back to Fondor. Once the Alliance started to expand from Sullust they finally found the remnants of the Protectorate and incorporated all they could into their own ranks, much to the grumbling of some of the old hands like Noah."Ah the Protectorate, those were the days. Though I never was apart of them officially. I worked in the Omega Pyre and therefore fell under direct command of the Protector. In five years I served under all five protectors you know. First was Cira, then Alcori, Cater was next and shortest, HK-36 was the only droid and then Sarge was the last. Good times, good times."

When the girl spoke Noah chuckled and looked her dead in the eye. "Let me guess Mandalorian right? What clan?" These words weren't spoken in Basic though but instead in complete fluent, unaccented Mando'a. When Grayson spoke Noah laughed, very loudly. "I plan on killing as many Imps as I can get my hands on!" With this in mind some wheels began turning. "I'll make you a deal Grayson. I've got a lead on a juicy target. Even with the firepower and gear I have it'll be hard. So if you help me I'll take a little look at your rebellion."

Ari Vox

[member="Noah Corek"], [member="Cedric Grayson"]

Disinterest. Ari was patient and let the boys talk, one eye on the pair and another on her surroundings, vigilance being something the Mandalorian could not turn off. As she surveyed the assembled hardware with what seemed a keener interest, the words of her people were spoken and she looked up from the table to address Noah directly, her face expressionless and eyes revealing nothing, a one-word response being the only appropriate answer.

"Vox," Her eyes returned to the table, her part in the conversation over. Were he to even know of her Clan she would've been surprised and suspicious all at once. Here she was, a one-time Alor of a now exiled Clan, her people scattered across Fleet Echoylir and the Galaxy at large, her own successor Rhys having disappeared into The Unknown.

It was not a good time for the woman.

In truth, Cedric was spouting a crock of bullshit.

He knew vaguely of Noah's history with the protectorate, but anything really beyond that was a gray area. Still, it seemed if he could get Mister Corek talking, then those little details would reveal themselves over time. The knight found himself snickering at the dark humor when referring to imp slaughter - he knew many men that shared a favorite past time with Noah.

He recognized the Mando'a immediately, though not the words themselves. Cedric's brow furrowed with the momentary confusion, but context clues told him Noah had just asked Ari for her name. His expression softened.

"Well, I suppose that really depends on who this target is." The knight mused, "And more importantly, what he's got protecting him."

Assuming Noah was hunting the bad guys, anyway.

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Ari Vox"] - [member="Cedric Grayson"]

Noah chuckled at Ari's response. One to three word sentences and non-committal grunts were typical for Mandalorians. Noah was a bit of exception to that rule but he was only half Mandalorian so did that count? Eh it didn't really matter. Looking at Grayson, Noah flashed a smile that could be considered predatory. "A few weeks ago an old buddy of mine who now works in the Coruscant Security Force told me that they were on to a sex trafficking ring in this district run by the Black Suns." Saying this Noah grabbed a nearby holoprojector and threw it on the table. "I went over to where they were and told them if I came back in a week and they weren't shut down I'd come back and it'd be bad. Well it's a week later and they aren't shut down."

With a push of a button a building came into view. "This is the building their hold up in. I got the schematics from a public utilities official who owed me a favor. It's a pretty nondescript building. Three stories and a front and rear entrance but the recon I did showed that they blocked the rear entrance. Stupid but it gives us an advantage." As Noah began pointing to certain parts of the building little red blips began to show up. "They have three guys at the entrance, they've got some sub-par blaster rifle and the bulky clothing they have suggests their wearing plate carriers or blast vests. Up on the roof they've got a sniper. Besides that I counted about thirty to thirty-five guys going in and out. So all in all it's a pretty easy assault."

Ari Vox

[member="Noah Corek"], [member="Cedric Grayson"]

Standing as she was, the two men couldn't see her expression wrinkle ever so slightly at the mention of 'sex-trafficking'. The phrase itself elicited uncharacteristic reactions, she didn't think it was fear but perhaps disgust at the deplorable depths that sentients would go. Still, she felt it wasn't even really their fight. Nevermind the fact she hadn't even worn her best outfit, an almost definite no-no for any formal dance party.

"You said it was someone within the Coruscant Security Forces that tipped you to the location?" She cast a look over her shoulder then turned completely around, pausing in her appreciation of the fellow warrior's wall-mounted artwork to cast a look at both her counterparts. "Who's to say they're not still watching the site?" With an audible crack she leaned backwards, pinning her arms at the low of her back and stretching out the largest muscle of her body. She felt a fight coming on.

"I don't like walking into traps, and given that we're uh..." Eyes locked on Cedric's, hazel eyes flecked with a bit of good-natured humour. "Terrorists, it could get a little complicated should the Security forces clamp down on us,"

Cedric couldn't help but snicker at Ari. "She has a point."

He paused, his gaze shifting to meet Noah's. "That being said, we can still help you, we just need to be quick. I can have Georgie deliver your armor Ari," he added, referring to the mentally deficient bartender of the Graywall. Cedric had picked him up from a spice house a few years back, and Georgie had been loyal ever since.

"We can move quickly as a team of three. If can find the guy running this ring and take him down quickly, we can end whatever big hostilities might be in our way before they begin," he paused, "As for CSF, I have a feeling they'll stick to their other operations. If they haven't dealt with this yet, odds are they were planning on letting a rival gang deal with it."

Cedric smiled. "I'd rather we free the area sll together than let it fall into another crime lord's hands," he gave Ari a curious look, and flashed her a shit-eating grin. "Wouldn't you agree?"

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
r[member="Ari Vox"] - [member="Cedric Grayson"]

Noah shrugged when Ari spoke, it wasn't that she was wrong with what she said. The Rebels were considered terrorists and the CSF would be watching, if Noah hadn't paid them off. While Noah hated corruption he had to admit, knowing how to use it was a good thing to know. "Don't worry about the CSF. Not only died I make sure that the CSF won't be bothering us but the guy who runs the operation is a hairs length away from filing a harassment suit against the CSFT because of how many times they've tried to bust him and came up with nothing."

Noah looked at the building and plans began to formulate in his head. "What I'm thinking is pretty simple and pretty high speed. Vox, you take out the sniper on the roof while me and Grayson approach the front door. We take out the guards with suppressed weapons and place a small breaching charge on the door. We detonate that and we breach. From there we go room by room using smalls arms as much as possible but if we need explosives I've got enough. Any questions?"

Ari Vox

When she was beat she was beat, Ari just shrugged and placed her hands on her hips. "Alright, that's fine with me," Turning to Cedric she shrugged again, even less enthused than the previous, if that were actually possible. "I can go like this, it'll be nice to just disappear into the city once we've caused enough mayhem. So what're we standing around for?" With an exaggerated motion, Ari slid her hands before her and cracked her knuckles noisely, flexing them inside out and rolling her shoulders. "Let's go break some chit,"

[member="Noah Corek"] [member="Cedric Grayson"]

Suppressed weapons.

Cedric audibly laughed.

"I don't need weapons. I have my own," was his response. "If a lightsaber won't do, then the force certainly will. I'll be silent as the grave," he was already filing through the means in which he would incapacitate the guard. It didn't take him long to settle upon Malacia; what better way was there to incapacitate an opponent?

"Alright Mister Corek," the knight turned to the veteran. "Looks like you've got us both for this little adventures of yours."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Cedric Grayson"] - [member="Ari Vox"]

Noah rolled his eyes. Typical force users and Mandalorians, always thought that their gear was in some way better to anything anyone else had. Well they'd would see if they truly did have better weapons or not.

Walking over to a locker Noah smiled as he pulled out his gear and laid it on a nearby table. His CQCR Mk II fitted with a four times optic, backup red dot sight, suppressor and stubby foregrip. His tactical sidearms fitted with laser/light combo's. His vibro-trench knives and honor blade. A light plate carrier/blast vest combo and a ball cap. The last thing Noah pulled out was assault pack though what was inside was anyone's guess.

Noah made sure all his gear was secure it in proper place. Sidearms in a chest mounted crossdraw. Vibro-trench knives secured on the outside of each ankle. Honor blade secured in a sheath on his right shoulder. Vest and all pouches secured and loaded. Cap drawn over his head and finally assault pack secured. "All right let's kick some ass."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom