Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Vizier

Status
Not open for further replies.
c914df969f0aee4dc9750a0f7f32a041--human-anatomy-pictures-of.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: A Suit that connects a Shard and an artificial being mentally, granting the artificial access to Force powers.
  • Image Source: http://envoyfilm.com/
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: LOOM
  • Model: N/A
  • Affiliation: Ultimatum
  • Modularity: No

• Production: Unique
  • Material: Duranium, Bondite, Upari Crystal, Shard
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Force Enhancement
  • Weight: Average
  • Height: 1.7 m
  • Resistances
- Blasters: Low
- Kinetic: Low
- Lightsabers: Very Low
- Sonic: Low
- Ionic/EMP: Average

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Designed to connect a droid brain with a Shard mind and create a bond that would allow the droid to have a command of the Force, via proxy
Strengths:
  • Gives an artificial being access to the Force
  • With training, can become more powerful
  • Gives minor protection from both Electronic weapons
Weaknesses:
  • Grants little protection to more conventional firearms
  • Other Force-users can use crystals to augment their own power
  • Damage to Shard, or electronic connections, disable Force powers
DESCRIPTION
An entirely unique design Ultimatum envisioned during his time studying the limits of the known Galaxy, the reawakened droid has taken back up the project and, with the help of Force experienced individuals, managed to perfect the Vizier suit. Using Duranium as the basis for the construct, and Bondite for wiring and mobile parts, the materials for the basic suit were easy enough to obtain. Discovering a Shard who agreed with Ultimatum to the point willingly becoming part of the suit was surprisingly simple, though by no means easy. Collecting a few Upari crystals and refining them so as to be usable as a strengthening amulet for Force powers, was perhaps a more complex task. Creating a new neural link system was somewhat challenging, but was eventually accomplished.

The result of the labors was a suit that Ultimatum's minor body could fit into and connect him with the Shard. The Shard was a fortuitous discovery, for it agreed with Ultimatum's design and subjected itself to the fitting. Unlike most Shard suits, the Shard does not control anything beyond the Force abilities. However, if it felt inclined it would be able to utilize the Force to move the body anyways. Usually, Ultimatum is in control when inside the suit and interacts with the physical environment. It is through a mental connection that allows the Shard and Ultimatum to exchange thoughts over the secure lines of electronic translation. Under most circumstances, the Shard is free to use the Force as it sees fit, generally for protection in combat. If Ultimatum believes the use of the Force is necessary in another capacity, he and the Shard can communicate in milliseconds and agree or disagree with the belief. In the case of agreement, the Shard will usually comply with the manipulation of the Force that as close as possible fits to what Ultimatum suggested. Should there be a disagreement, then Ultimatum can do little aside from trying to change the Shard's mind. In most cases, this grants Ultimatum rudimentary Force command, via proxy. However, the imperfections in the process lent themselves to a natural lack of potency. In order to counter this, therefore granting power equatable to normal Force users, several Upari crystals were refined and inlaid into the inside of the armor. This added a potential issue in the form of easily accessible Force power to nearby users. Another user can if nearby, use the Upari crystals to augment their own Force abilities, which could be a threat, especially when fighting a Force user. To protect the Shard from potential harm, the containing center is located up against the user cavity. Because the armor was intended for only one user, the armor is designed to fit perfectly over Ultimatum's new body. This limits the damage potentials of long falls and jarring when compared to most organic armors.

Aside from the specially designed aspects of the armor, the more standard portions are lackluster regarding protection. With Duranium used as the basic material, there is a minor defense against conventional weapons. As a droid, Ultimatum's only real concern with regards to protection was from ionic weapons. Unlike most of his previous preferences, however, the armor's design did not allow for the extensive internal conducting material that would have transferred the electricity to a ground. The design does what it can to follow this idea, but it is not as effective as Ultimatum would have preferred.

Because this is a suit rather than a body, there is a direct connection between the suit and Ultimatum's body. These various connections and wiring, from the Upari crystals in the wrists, to the Shard in the chest, to the body of Ultimatum, all pose significant threats to the operation. If the wires are severed in any way, the effects can be catastrophic. Damage to the Upari crystals only limits the Force strength, while damage to the Shard or its connectors would eliminate any Force connection Ultimatum may have been utilizing. As with most Force users, Ultimatum must train to strengthen the Shard's connection with the Force. Further, because while he may not fatigue from Force usage as most Force users, the Shard he relies on tires with extended exertion and would no longer respond if pushed too far.

No, I cannot support that particular portion. It is not a coma, as a coma is usually considered the point when a person is unconscious. The Shard I proposed is not unconscious so much as deformed; it's mental faculties have either not fully developed or otherwise have been damaged. My assumption was that there was no precedent to assume they were immune to disease, rather they would have their own forms of maladies. Because they have a mind I guessed that it was possible that they could experience such basic developmental issues.

This was my thought process anyways.

[member="Gir Quee"]

[member="Ultimatum"], we're talking about fringe science in a speculative work of fiction. So I think that there is some leeway to be had in things like this, however, in this context, I'm not sure about this. Using the Force seems to require a will or intent from the host of the midi-chlorians. I'm not certain then that if a creature's mind is "possessed" by Ultimatum if it would count as using its free will to influence the Force.

I think that perhaps a different option would be to make this suit for a Shard who has its own free will and developed personality, but is allied with Ultimatum for whatever reason, so that the two of them can work as a team.

There we go. How does it look now?
I think I have the changes below.

"Discovering a Shard who agreed with Ultimatum to the point willingly becoming part of the suit was surprisingly simple, though by no means easy."

"The Shard was a fortuitous discovery, for it agreed with Ultimatum's design and subjected itself to the fitting. Unlike most Shard suits, the Shard does not control anything beyond the Force abilities. However, if it felt inclined it would be able to utilize the Force to move the body anyways. Usually, Ultimatum is in control when inside the suit and interacts with the physical environment. It is through a mental connection that allows the Shard and Ultimatum to exchange thoughts over the secure lines of electronic translation. Under most circumstances, the Shard is free to use the Force as it sees fit, generally for protection in combat. If Ultimatum believes the use of the Force is necessary in another capacity, he and the Shard can communicate in milliseconds and agree or disagree with the belief. In the case of agreement, the Shard will usually comply with the manipulation of the Force that as close as possible fits to what Ultimatum suggested. Should there be a disagreement, then Ultimatum can do little aside from trying to change the Shard's mind. In most cases, this grants Ultimatum rudimentary Force command, via proxy."

[member="Gir Quee"]

Edits look solid. As a suggestion, I would suggest going to the Codex to make a NPC submission for the shard.

Ultimatum said:
Intent:A Suit that grants an artificial being Force powers

I'd change this to match the new concept, since Ultimatum is no longer directly accessing these force-powers.

Ah, thanks. I've made a change to the intent:

A Suit that connects a Shard and an artificial being mentally, granting the artificial access to Force powers.

I'll likely go take care of the Shard in the NPC sub soon then.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom