Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The value of knowledge

Shavara smiled as she held up an arm in some level of triumph leaning back from the device. She was on board her KS-6800 'Endeavor' Survey & Exploration Ship. A ship she obtained thanks to previous work as well as essentially a job given to her by her people, obtain more knowledge on the species from outside of the ones they already had. While their biological knowledge was quite advanced, there were only so many species on record. If it was a common race like Twi'leks, Devaronians, Wookies, or Iktotchi they were recorded in depth, but there were many still lost to them. Perhaps some entirely unknown. Thankfully, they were not the only doctors and biologists in the universe. And she had gotten in contact with another, Lauren Walsh Lauren Walsh . They were set to meet on Shavara's home-world, Vran'Ti. Though they would probably be doing their work on Shavara's ship as she lacked a local lab, and the only other place she stayed was with her parents. She didn't want to interrupt whatever they were up to.

She informed the crew about the situation. Friendly, but not necessarily rebel friendly, so keep quiet on that front. Naturally as she often did she wore her robes, her kaliek ring, and her kestralis-ring, though this meant relatively little as it was rare she went without them. The crew insured anything that was secret wasn't left out and Shavara prepared arrangements to ensure most of her documentation and such she might share could be quickly translated into Galactic Basic where needed.

She'd leave the ship, and eagerly await at the docks for the arrival.

Shavara Shavara
Lauren had found colleague in a strange place. She had only heard of Vran'Ti but the more she learned, the more she wanted to know. It would help if she ever ran into one and needed to help them if nothing else. Of course during the several conversations, it came up that she could visit and see Vran'Ti with a tour from a Native. Shavara, herself. It was going to be more fun than she had in a while. After all she had just got assigned a mandatory vacation. Well her boss called it that, all her co workers refused to let her work. So what if she lived at the lab and clinics. Rest was for the weak. That was what she told herself but the ride her had been some of the best sleep she had gotten in a long while. This of course was her second stop, her first had been trying to sneak in an active pop up clinic but sadly she couldn't bluff her way in. They had been warned about her. So she would spend her spare time here, totally not working.

Lauren didn't care about rebels, not living in the EE herself so she wouldn't probably know it if she saw it. The ship she had chartered finally landed and she was out the moment the door was lowered. The droids brought her present for the planet. It was a top of the line diagnostic device. She had found a grant for worlds like Vran'Ti and hoped that her new friend had some sort of idea of where to give it so it was useful. That was when she saw her, or she hoped it was her. Either way she yelled out "Shavara! I am so glad to finally meet you in person!"

From coming in, it was likely Lauren could see that vast amounts of Vran'Ti remained out of sentient control. Left to itself, at least in regards to structures. This was certainly not do to a complete inability to use them, nor some sense of environmental concern, but rather a matter of input vs outcome. At least, that's what most Vran would say. They had little need to control the wildlands, and while there could be concern for some of its numerous species, they were prepared for potential fights with them.

If she started talking to the locals, even outside of the standard security check for starships and a quick occupant record, she would find they were incredibly formal. Those who spoke basic, most of whom in the city knew it, spoke it with it's most dictionary based pronunciation. If they weren't selling something to her or doing business, they at best may just nod or look in her direction. Although they had a lot of experience with biological technology and alchemy as a culture, nearly every other science they had was far behind. It was notable also that most of the Vran wore a very different style of clothing when compared to other cities, typically more loose, most of whom had either a hood or other headpiece available whether it was on or not to shield from the sun. If she looked closer, certain people, though far fewer, wore even looser clothes. Or simply more parts, Shavara was among them that did so.

Shavara, however, was quick to smile and wave back as she heard her name called out by Lauren Walsh Lauren Walsh and hastened her way closer. "Lauren Walsh right? I was so happy to meet a doctor to talk with outside of Vran'ti and my own species. I mean, I really only started leaving my planet at all maybe two or three years ago and we aren't exactly much of a tourist destination. Could be transportation, or the species, or, well I guess there'a lot of reasons." She was always a little bit more cheerful than a lot of others when it came to outsiders, "Anyway, I don't really have a good local place for you to stay but my ships pretty big and has it's own well equipped lab and medbay. Though if you just wanted to walk and talk that's good with me!"

Lauren Walsh Lauren Walsh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom