Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Value of Good Lesson

The resounding thud of yet another guardsmen being thrown into the ground echoed in the training hall appropriated by the recently hired head of Commenor palace security. The ex sith, and now ex hunter, Darlyn Excron was taking his frustrations out on his subordinates, as a sort of training session for the collective group. And by training session, that meant repeatedly hurling them into walls, the floor, and one another until they were had other duties to attend to. He was careful not to make them unfit for duty, as it would be poor for his job security to reduce the guard numbers of the palace down so quickly after recent events, but even so it was cathartic to pummel them into the ground.

Normally such aggression would be directed at criminals and underworld targets on a hunt, and being so entrenched in the dark side it was quite important for him to have an outlet. It was, however, quite unfortunate for the guardsmen now sparing him one at a time. To be thrown about in this way certainly was more than they were used to, though as Darlyn was far from the most powerful force user it was proving to be beneficial for them all. Though Darlyn was having noticeably more trouble learning the exact skills he was so eager to hone.

Namely this would be quarterstaff he'd been fighting with, something completely new for him as he spun the long weapon about to bring either end to bear against his guardsmen. Not only was the weapon difficult to wield for him, given its two ends to be aware of, but most of the swings were made with an intent to leave his left hand completely free, creating a strange looking, clunky effort to wield the quarterstaff in one hand. Of course he did occasionally grab hold of it in both hands, particularly when he was bringing it down on a guardsmen with heavier force, but in all cases possible he left the second hand free. Clunky, imperfect, and almost comical.

But clearly Darlyn was a better combatant than the guards, who one by one would retreat to lick their wounds and watch others. Some had learned the valuable lesson of never underestimating a force wielder, some had become too dazed to think. Advantage, he supposed, of having the force and experience fighting to the death.

Another time his quarterstaff smacked against his leg, the practice device sending a small sting up through his body. Growling, he sent a bolt of lightning right into the chest of the guardsman he was sparring and had the man taken aside to rest. It seemed he was running out of practice partners.

He sighed and raised a hand to his head, closing up the quarterstaff and taking a seat. He was getting nowhere at this rate. He needed someone stronger than himself to fight, he wouldn't grow if he kept winning without having to lose.

[member="Stardust Raxis"]

Stardust had been teaching the guards to fight every so often when she could, playing the part of a ally to lady kay....she hated she had to play like that...but she wanted to keep learning what happened to make her...

She ignored that as she entered the room, she moved off to a dark corner as she watched [member="Darlyn Excron"] in what shs described as quite literally beating the men up, she gave a smike waiting till he went to sit down, she walked out to the middle as she found to practice swords and spun them around as she looked around

anyone care to challenge me?

Darlyn looked up and smirked slightly, ah... one of Kay's allies. He stood himself up and extended the quarterstaff again, giving it a good spin to make sure it was locked and not going to collapse again. Satisfied, he held it by his right side, one 'blade' pointed down and to the right, with the other running up behind his arm. She was force sensitive, strong too judging by her signature. Though she'd always felt vastly different from himself and Kay, though he'd never quite figured it out himself why that was. Stepping back out onto the training floor, most of the remaining guardsmen made sure they had plenty of room.

"I won't be holding back, I'm quite sure you'll be able to weather the assault far more competently." His left hand crackled with energy as he very clearly intended to make use of his personal favorite ability, something he used to keep quite hidden until opportunity came on a hunt. How things changed, with such a constant role and need to be alert he no longer had such luxuries as secrecy.

Well, almost no secrecy. "Of course I suppose if you wish to back out now I wouldn't blame you. Certainly you've got other things to attend to. Perhaps knitting?" The way his voice lifted slightly, it was clear he wasn't genuinely mocking [member="Stardust Raxis"], but rather amusing himself to keep boredom at bay.

my my my, bold on your words young one very very bold

She said with a smirk showimg it was hunor, she stepped closer as she closed her eyes, the room seemed to heat up a bit as she opened her eyes, the gentle look she had became fierce as she smiled

a dragon has no place among knitting only in peace or war

She launched a full frontal attack, the two blades swinging at all directions, she knew he had that staff...a defensive weapon and one that could keep enemies back...so she had to close in and be aggressive to hik leave him no room

[member="Darlyn Excron"]

Immediately forced on the defensive, oh how he wished he was a Soresu for this kind of thing. Still, Niman had it's advantages, and such a useful defensive tool as the quarterstaff would help greatly. He spun the weapon around to defend himself, finding her attacks difficult to react to in time, though by no means impossible. He was actually connecting with the weapons with his own, instead of with his face, which was a welcome difference. Even so, it was all he could do to keep this up, raising one end to block a high strike and moving his body to avoid the second or third strike she sent. Even with this useful tool, he was finding maneuvering hard.

Somewhat desperate to get an opening, he risked moving his hand out to the side, in the open somewhat, to fire a bolt of lightning at her side. He expected her to react in time to avoid, but a moment to breathe would be amazing.

She moved quickly, the lightning nearly hit her, she moved to the left still attacking with fury, however she knew his defense with the staff would be hard to get through, so she used pryokinesis and through a flame above to make him duck

If it work her knee would go up and knee him in the chin, if not she would move back knowing she had to disengage to find a opening

[member="Darlyn Excron"]

Interestingly enough, Darlyn chose to actually leap backwards and raise his hands in case said flame was an explosive conjuration. Given that it was thrown, he was given the time to make his attempt back, and seeing her do the same meant he had a moment to breathe. That had not gone well at all, he'd actually nicked himself with his staff at least a dozen times in those short few seconds, and each one stung painfully. But he was not deterred, as he breathed slowly and watched her movements. he had to make an attempt at offense, something that might work. Two blades meant she could attack and defend easily, but his design meant he could block and retaliate in a single motion, both very valuable tactics.

He gave the weapon a slight twirl, before sending out another bolt of lightning, a little more sustained in time length. A full second of lightning shot at her, slightly to her right to keep her on his weapon side, before taking both hands and swinging the weapon at her. The 'reverse' part, that is the part that jutted towards him, was striking at her head, attempting to force her to block with both weapons of her own to prevent her from retaliating. If it worked, he would quickly swing around to strike at her side, or even at her head, with the other end of the staff.

Stardust was forced to block the bolt of lightning she had to admit that was to close for her to call, she noticing the staff end coming for Herr head and pressedher feet in as she pushed off but got knocked by the side strike as she gasped in pain

She gave the distance it's use and caught her breath, she then gave a smile as she through up some harmless flame, it went to his left that would force him right now doubt, she then launched a brutal attack if he went right, if not she started a attack of lightning at him
[member="Darlyn Excron"]

He was aware this was a ploy to make him move, he'd fought enough people to know as much, but even so he felt he had little choice but to move to his right, and back slightly. As he did so, he moved the staff into both hands, and spun the weapon so it would be blocking with the 'blade' no matter where she came from. The goal was to deflect it, rather than face the full force of the weapon head-on. Though it was interrupted when he hit himself in the head with the end of his staff, causing a jolt of pain. Naturally this was going to cause him to be hit full force, if she didn't hold back in the slightest.

Oh how Darlyn hoped dearly she would hold back, at least somewhat. His ability to take punishment was strong enough but against Jedi, Sith, and the like he was facing a whole category he would rather not suffer the complete power of.

She soon stopped as she moved outside of the ring and took a breath before looking at hin then the others before she waved them off, whether they were under her command The way she did so was motivation to leave

She then looked to [member="Darlyn Excron"] and approached him

you have skill yet with that weapon your sloppy I know none of my hits have not even connected yet I can sense your pain am I not wrong?

Darlyn panted lightly, using the staff to support himself a bit. His guards were leaving them be, heading off to their duties or to relax before said duties, very swiftly leaving him alone with the twi'lek. He stood up tall, and brought his lightsaber to him from where he'd left his cloak. He ignited it, simply to show the single yellow blade, before shutting it down and tossing it back. "I'm far better with that than this. However, I would rather like to be more, versatile... for the Queen's sake you understand. The blasted thing keeps hitting me no matter how I move it."

Darlyn was too proud of himself to admit part of that reason was his improper usage of the weapon, keeping it often in one hand with the other free to project lightning from whilst still maintaining an offensive or defense. Though both he and [member="Stardust Raxis"] knew this was, at least to some degree, part of the case. The other was, unsurprisingly, the vast difference between using a single blade and this.

[member="Darlyn Excron"]

She stepped forward gently as she gently took the staff away, she looked it over as she gave it a spin around her before nodding and handed it back

definitely is a versatile weapon one that can be used for defense and offense equally, from what I noted however you enjoy using lightning to attack as well...that and you seems to keep forgetting where the blade is at....

She walked to the side and got a normal staff as she walked over with it as she held it out

proper distance is key with a staff, along side being aware of both sides of the blade constantly

[member="Stardust Raxis"] ((Weird, i don't recall *ever* getting this mention. Sorry on that))

Darlyn balanced the staff in one hand calmly as the woman somewhat berated him, for lack of a better term. "And you enjoy fire." He offered a half smile and took a few steps back from her. "Now then, I don't suppose you'd have an idea how to actually help, rather than simply lecture me? Words and theory are poor substitutes for practical practice. Not to mention you're the only one I've sparred recently that lasted longer than a guardsman."

[member="Darlyn Excron"]

She offered a quirk of the eye then a smirk as she chuckled and shook her head as she stepped back

help comes in many ways, by word, action, or simply both at the same time

She chuckled again and got beside him

but I suppose it's best to help you with action, hold your stay out horizontally, now then....when you swing it you must focus on the other end as well

She showed him by swinging right but used her upper part of her arm to stop the 'blade' from hitting her by pressing her arm into the handle part

Darlyn made efforts to mimic motions made by [member="Stardust Raxis"], using his hand somewhat better to twist the handle ever so slightly to keep the second 'blade' from smacking into him. Even so, the motions were awkward, foreign to him. He was showing improvements as he mimicked her more, practiced movements, but even so he kept nicking himself in the foot or chin as he tried to move the quarterstaff.

After the fifth or sixth time hitting himself in the head, again, he nearly threw the staff across the room in frustration. He only barely could contain his emotions, though they leaked through his words. "That people choose to make this their main form of combat is astounding."

[member="Darlyn Excron"]

She observed him with a quiet eye, he had it almost, he just kept nicking himself in the head and feet...she could feel his frustrations as she closed her eyes and let a breath out gentky as she shook her head to him and stepped forward

a quarter staff is a weapon of elegance and balance, the user must be as calm as a sunny day yet with the power of a rancor

She grabbed a staff as she moved her blade right again just as she did, but when she went for a strike iver her head she ducked and let it go over her head before she nodded for him to try

It was palpable, Darlyn's frustration that was, and you didn't have to be sensitive to the force to see it in him. His hands were gripping the staff tightly, and his brow had slanted inwards, focusing intently on the weapon in his hands. It took all his effort not to hurl the thing across the room like a javelin, which would've no doubt ended in someone somehow getting stabbed with the dull length of wood. Yet, he managed to close his eyes, and breathe. Slowly, in, out, to the slowest pace he could without making himself light in the head. Slowly the fire in him subsided into a calmer stream, and he gave a small nod.

"I.. am calm." He stated, eyes opening to watch her movements. His head was somewhat more clear than it had been before, and surprisingly he managed to pick up a little bit on what he had been doing wrong. Again he began to awkwardly mimic the Twi'lek's motions, his actions jerky and unrefined in any way. Yet he managed, in the few motions he was following, to not hit himself in the head. The plus side to this was, naturally, that in technical terms he hadn't 'killed' himself with his weapon.

Though it was still a far cry from being anything he could reasonably use in a fight. Still, it was a stepping stone, one that was painful even without hitting himself. "Better?"

[member="Darlyn Excron"]

good good...

She said as she watched him with a calculating eye, she could says she was impressed, took him a little to get it down, but now she could see he was picking up on it, she nodded as she turned around

yes your getting it down though I'll say rough but a gem is never found smooth and need to be grinded and refined down...you have potential.. Oh dear my manner I've been teaching you and never gave my name

She turned and bowed as she gave a smile

queen stardust raxis, emerald dragon of imahalyan

She said and looked up at him

He placed the tip of the staff against the ground and half leaned on it, turning his head to look the twi'lek over. Queen Stardust Raxis? Well that saved him the trouble of looking through her folder for a half hour to memorize the name and place it to the picture. Though inevitably the man would be doing so anyways, considering the sheer volume he had left to learn. He nodded his head a bit at her bow and straightened up slightly.

"Darlyn Excron, head of Security for Queen Kay. I'd better have potential, never know what'll come up." He rolled his shoulders and neck a bit, before nodding again at [member="Stardust Raxis"]. "I'm going to say it's safe to assume you're fairly strong in the Force? You've made little attempts to hide it."

[member="Darlyn Excron"]

security work is just as dangerous if not more then most field battles, I should know the field part 14 years in service alongside mercenary work and training in the force...among lots of other things

She said as she chuckled to herself almost reminiscing on old memories from the past, she smiled slightly at a few and nodded to herself before she looked nack to him and laughed lightly as she gave a nod

well, I don't wanna be prideful but I can say I am, last time I was in any order I was a master there...that was many years ago...but that's also why I'm called the emerald dragon...my strength and ferocity in battle along side pyrokinesis gives me the look of a dragon.

She said, she remembered the time when that was given to her...nearly 6 years ago after she liberated her people

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom