Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Value of Friendship

His hand was ignored, so he lowered it.

For a second, he nodded and looked past her. Thinking. Thinking of all the times he had tried to help others for all the wrong reasons. Tried to be the hero. The white knight. And where had that got him. Pain was his fuel, and right now he was fully charged. But there was something about Ara that went beyond that.

He looked back to her, and felt the magnetic pull of her Force aura. Turning to the door, Kaalia was spiking. He could go to help her, but maybe she needed this moment. So he turned back to Ara, a face sharp and hard, but yet soft and fragile.

He stepped forward.

"I'm not leaving until you let me in. It's that simple, and you'll have to do a hell of a lot to convince me otherwise.”

Now he was a few feet from her.

"Remember when I told you, that night at the ball, how your eyes told me so much about you. Well they do now. You looked so...beautiful that night. It was perfect. I was dreaming. But then I saw you again days later, and you were still beautiful. And you had that sparkle in your eyes. And it's there now.”

With a smile, he held his hand out again.

"I'm not going anywhere, Ara. Please.”

[member="Ara Ren"]

She felt the draw of power from [member="Kaalia Voldaren"], somewhere deep in the Bastion. If she knew anything about anger and hurt, she knew her friend would be headed towards the training wing. As the power grew and spiked, She smiled softly, proud of her friend despite their earlier arguement. That was the power the girl needed to find to succeed. The power she needed harness to overcome her hesitant, her caring heart, to become truly powerful. She might hate Ara for this, might never forgive her, but now the younger Ren was stronger.

Maybe her friends did need her.

She turned back to [member="Connor Harrison"] as he spoke, eyes all but lost to corruption. She'd have to do a hell of a lot to convince him otherwise? Her mouth curled up into a wicked grin. She took a step forward, cutting the distance between them in half with one stride.

"Remember when I told you, that night at the ball, how your eyes told me so much about you. Well they do now. You looked so...beautiful that night. It was perfect. I was dreaming. But then I saw you again days later, and you were still beautiful. And you had that sparkle in your eyes. And it's there now.”

There it was. She sighed, her smile never wavering, even as an eyebrow rose. Which thought would win out in his mind? Her beauty or her potential? Did it even matter?

"I'm not going anywhere, Ara. Please.”

She glanced down at the hand offered once again. He wasn't going anywhere, not unless she forced him. She glanced up to his expression and to the door and back. She'd pushed Kaalia to the edge and she could feel her grow, feel her strength and anger as she pulled the darkness of the Force to her. Was this what Connor needed as well? She watched his face, eyes gleaming, smile still wicked with anticipation.

She reached out and took his hand, stepping into him, placing one hand on his chest and leaning forward. She rose up on her toes until her lips were inches away from his cheek.

"You want me to let you in? Okay, but don't ever say I didn't warn you."

She pushed against him with her hand and the Force, throwing him against the far wall. As soon as the ex-Jedi hit the stone, she closed her fingers, wrapping the power around his heart and lungs and squeezing enough to rob him of breath.

"Is this what you want to unlock? Is this the potential you see?"

She closed her fingers again, increasing the pressure just a little. She didn't want to kill him, she was just giving him a taste of what he wanted to see. Her. The real her.

"Let me have a look at you." She mimicked his earlier words, a low purr that was more than a little antagonistic. "Now you see me."

The newfound power still swirled around the redhead, and she firmly grasped it. She stored it in her being, not allowing it to escape her clutches. The darkness within her expanded, and a revelation came to her. She cared for Ara, but could do without her. It was oddly comforting, like the pieces finally fell into place. Kaalia stood in the darkness on her own two feet, and thrived. As she stood in the middle of the training room, a smile of pure joy was plastered on her face. "If only that foolish Jedi who I used to call my master could see me now." she said to nobody in particular. The woman was proud, confident and powerful. And that's how [member="Ara Ren"] would answer her. She was insecure and feeble before, letting Ara get away with avoiding her question. Now it was time to set the ultimatum. Kaalia wanted her as a close friend, but if the brunette pushed her away again, that said enough. There would be no point in pushing it further, and that would be it. She was getting the answer she wanted, no matter what.

The woman let the power in her aura swirl as she left the training room. She embraced and fed it, and started making her way back to Ara's room with a purpose. Kaalia wasn't going to back off any longer. She'd force Ara into a corner if she had to- she would get her answer. Whatever [member="Connor Harrison"] was doing could wait. This was between Kaalia and Ara, and the redhead could start moving forward again when it was resolved. If it came to blows, so be it. If the two would share eternal hate for each other, so be it. She wanted Ara to be her friend, but the ball was in the brunette's court. It was time for her to finally make the decision.

At the back of his mind, Kaalia was reacting. Which was good. Again - part of the process, and probably more of a help now than she'd had.

At the front, Ara was close to him and as she took his hand he gently pulled her close to let her in. But her eyes were corrupted, her face sly and devious. And while that was good, Connor wasn't going to get the reaction he wanted. He looked at her, not moving bar with his eyes.

The blow came from nowhere, and his hand broke from hers as the invisible grip pulled him crashing into the wall beside the door, and his knees buckled beside an ornament that fell down on the floor. But he stopped himself collapsing down, arm out to set himself.

And then came that horrid sensation; his breath staggered and organs tight. With a gasp, he looked up to Ara, hand on his chest hating the feeling of his breath dwindling. He groaned as he gasped for small pockets of air as Ara stood over him with that delectable purr.

A moment passed, to which he winced again and gritted his teeth as the grip increased, and one leg bent to a knee. So be it. Because of the way he had spoken to her and acted, it was near wrapping her in cotton wool. It was such a...Jedi way of talking to someone NOT in the Light. He was already in pain and on his knee, so how lower could it go right now.

Connor looked at her and summoned the Force inside him and all those painful memories; thoughts about losing her and not being close to her and the rejection from others. His fist balled and his eyes started to darken, small tendrils of amber seeping in.

"That's...my girl,” he gasped.

He twisted his fist to fill her head with a vision - blurred lights all around her, and the flash and hum of a crimson lightsaber. In the middle, Ara stood in euphoria, arms up and spinning slowly as if on a dance floor. Cries around her were muffled as the blade span around and surrounded her in wild lights. Her face was near corrupt, eyes dark yellow and her allies around her bent to her will. A commanding Dark Side warrior.

Then, he pushed to her throat and started to contract her windpipe muscle as he summoned the strength to stand.

He wasn't going to kill her; as she didn't him. But as much as she could prove a point, she could he. Connor stared at her, a faint smile there behind cold eyes.

"You are WASTED in the shadows of others. Your true potential is buried! I've watched you each time we've been together, and each time I've dreamt about what power you could weild in battle and how you could command others as you take this galaxy apart piece by piece.”

Moving forward, he flexed her throat in his grip.

"I want you, Ara. I want us to fully embrace the Dark Side together and show all those who have wronged us how strong we are. Together! Make them pay. Make them see how weak they are. And make them watch as all they hold onto slips away with us leading the armies of the First Order.”

Then, he let go of the Force around her and instead was so close he put his hand there instead, and looked at her face. Feeding from her darkness.

"You can be invincible. We can be.” His fingers drew down her flesh, and he placed his palm on her chest. "Together.”

@Ara Ran | [member="Kaalia Voldaren"]

She stood over him on bended knee, her grip on his lungs and heart consistent. When he fought back, she released her attack, smiling in approval.

The images that took over were unlike the ones he’d used weeks before. They weren’t meant to disorient or break through. It was powerful, tempting, and telling. It was what he saw for her future, what he saw when he looked at her. It was a promise.

The image died as invisible hands wrapped around her throat and squeezed, robbing her of breath and grabbing her attention. She backed up a pace, using the opposite wall of her small room for support as she struggled for breath, eyes meeting his. The beautiful blue irises ringed in rich amber. She wondered if this was what he saw when he looked at her, power seeping into every pore, eyes swirling with dark promise.

Gone was the coddling, kind, and easy-going ex-Jedi she’d seen time and time again. She’d seen this side of him three times, as he’d seen her anger. Each time, she felt drawn to it, entranced by the power he could wield. He’d been powerful before, but he’d be more powerful now, unfettered by the doctrines of the Jedi and fueled by passion and emotion.

Yet he talked about the power she could wield.

She gasped for air as he closed the distance between them, the muscles in her throat constricting in tandem with his fingers.

"I want you, Ara.”

Others had wanted her before, they always would, beauty would do that. But it had never been like this. Never coupled with a promise of power, control, and strength. He saw the darkness in her and embraced it. He thrived on it. Her eyes widened slightly, the force on her throat gone enough to let her draw a shaky breath and regain much needed oxygen before his hand replaced it.

Their eyes locked, the power crackling between them and feeding off of each other. The connection that had burned between them weeks ago returning.

"Together.”

His hand moved from her throat, down, resting just above her heart. She automatically reached up, placing her hand over his, an internal war shining through her eyes.

They stood like that for a moment, frozen in a wash of possibilities.

Somewhere in the back of her mind, she knew [member="Kaalia Voldaren"] approached. She felt the anger, the determination feeding from her, but Ara was trapped in this moment, in the presence of emotions and futures she never imagined. Never wanted.

She’d come to the Ren to find a place to belong, a place to fight and bring order to a lawless galaxy. A place to mean something. And then…she’d found them. The girl who struggled with her own darkness but accepted Ara’s easily. Who laughed and smiled and trusted her from the beginning with no reason to.

And to [member="Connor Harrison"], the ex-Jedi she’d found wandering the streets of Avalonia looking for the mysterious Ren. The man who called her bluffs and matched her wit for wit. The person who wanted her to succeed even more than her master did. The person who met her rage and anger with his own passion and didn’t back down.

She wanted them in her life. Both of them.

Reaching up, she pulled his face down to hers, closing that last distance between them. There was nothing gentle about the kiss. It was passionate, desperate, and tinged with fear.

She pulled away sharply, breathing ragged, shocked by her own actions, but something deep within her loosened and tightened at the same time. She was taking a risk and might get burned in the end. But maybe, just maybe, it was a risk worth taking.

Turning her head to face the door, she reached out, trying something she’d heard of before but never tried herself. She reached out and attempted to connect with her approaching friend.

Words didn’t work as well as impressions, and so she sent those. Approval, pride, and acceptance. She hadn’t answered her question before, but she would now. No, Kaalia wasn’t just a tool to her. Not anymore, maybe not ever.

I'm not passive but aggressive
Take note, it's not impressive
Empty your sadness, like you're dumping your purse
On my bedroom floor
We put your curse in reverse

And it's our time now if you want to to be
More the war like the carnival bears set free
And your love is anemic and I can't believe
That you couldn't see it coming from me

And in the end
I'd do it all again
I think you're my best friend
Don't you know that the kids aren't all, kids aren't alright

If a connection was visible, then there would be sparks between Ara and Connor right now. Sharp, violent sparks that touched everything around them. It could have gone one way or another, but it went the best way possible.

She pulled him closer and a hunger took over. For a second he didn't know how to feel, but a second later he felt it all. Power and desire and strength, fed from Ara, this mysterious warrior who had come into his life and now was the most important person in it. His fingers snaked up and gripped the side of her neck as he held her for their kiss, fevered and passionate and wild. A release of aggression and admiration.

Then it was over, and Connor paced his breathing as much as Ara had to. They were standing, sparks flying. His fingers caressed her neck, and he didn't know what to say. He didn't need to say anything - their connection said it all.

When she turned to the door, Connor turned and stood beside her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"It will be alright,” his whispered, brow resting on her head, lips near her ear. "This galaxy is what we make of it.”

Dark eyes looked to the door and he fed his Force aura to her, to give her strength and confidence. It was clear how much Kaailia meant to her, and Ara to Kaalia. They needed each other, and he understood that. He would support it.

"This is just the begginning. For us. For us all.”

Right now, he could take on the world with Ara by his side, and nobody would doubt them ever again.

And Force help them if they did.

[member="Ara Ren"] | [member="Kaalia Voldaren"]

Kaalia's pace was steady, a singular purpose driving her to head back. The aura around her was familiar, it was her own, but there was something that came through it. At this point the redhead knew who it was from, it had [member="Ara Ren"]'s signature all over it, but the contents of the message she sent was something she didn't expect. Approval. Pride. Acceptance. The small edges of red and sulphur in her eyes dissipated, her presence changing from anger to relief. She cared. Whatever [member="Connor Harrison"] had done tore down the wall her friend had built, and for the first time Kaalia felt an opened up Ara. Her steel face changed into one that smiled profusely, almost tearing up. The power she felt earlier was still there, it still rested within her, but it no longer commanded its overbearing presence. It could still be felt, it had found its proper place.

The redhead arrived at Ara's room and without delay opened the door. She looked at her friend with a face of understanding, and walked over to her. Without saying a word she embraced her in a hug. She finally understood what she and Connor were trying to say. Kaalia resisted the urge to speak, instead leaving room for Ara to do so if she wanted. Ara was the closest friend she'd ever had. She had pushed the redhead to the edge time after time, but it made her stronger. This was another one of those moments, but this time Ara learned something herself.

Say my name again
Watch me start a riot
Push me to the edge
I know you want to try it

Give me all your energy
Love me like an enemy
I know that you'll never stop
So give me your best shot

I need you to be
The keys in my ignition
I need you to feed
The fire in me
Cause you're still my ammunition

His hand on her shoulder, his lips near her ear, and his whispered words sent a shiver down her spine. She forced herself not to pull away, a knot of fear and uncertainty nestled in her stomach. She closed her eyes as his aura fed into her, their connection strengthening her instead of being the weakness she feared. Caring led to pain and created one more chink in her armor, but it was there.

She’d have to fight twice as hard to protect herself now. She opened her eyes and leaned back against [member="Connor Harrison"] . She’d have to fight to protect herself, but if they were being truthful, Connor and Kaalia would fight with her. Only time would tell if she’d made the biggest mistake of her life.

A low chuckle was the only response to his words, the anger dying away to be replaced by the easy flirting and teasing Ara they knew so well. She let the emotions fade away as [member="Kaalia Voldaren"] opened the door and entered.

The hug was semi-unexpected, Ara freezing up against the contact for a moment before awkwardly returning the motion. She couldn’t remember a time when she’d ever sought the comfort of another person’s presence without ulterior motives.

”I knew you couldn’t resist me for long.”

Her voice dipped into a laughing purr as she pulled away, attempting to break the tension in the room. Her narrowed eyes and smile said more than her words did. She was proud of the strength Kaalia found, even if it had nearly broken them all to get there.

She sighed and closed her eyes briefly, moving away from the other two over to the bed. She lifted herself up, curling her left leg under her right and settling back. She supposed there was no getting around this. If she was going to trust them, she’d have to start with the story of Coruscant.

She hesitated, unsure where to even begin, unused to having to explain anything to anyone. Her gaze altered between the two of them, her mouth quirking up into a grim smile.

”It’s like I said earlier, I thought I saw someone from the Military Ball on Coruscant. He was heading into the darker side of the slums and I was curious what an ally of the Order was doing in Galactic Alliance territory.”

Her frown deepened as she remembered the warehouse and its mysterious inhabitants.

”He was purchasing something, a weapon of some kind. I never did discover what it was.”

A lump formed in her throat, her anger rising again as she considered sharing the details of the altercation that ensued. She wasn’t good at this part. She sighed and decided to show them the less serious of the two scars she now sported.

Pulling up the right leg of her pants, she winced as the thin red web of scaring branched from the top of her foot to her ankle and disappeared under the fabric. The lines were light, delicate, but still a visible reminder of the lightning that had almost robbed her of a chance to escape. She’d have been proud of them if it hadn’t been a reminder of such a sound defeat. A defeat she was still angry with herself about.

The darkness faded from Connor as Kaalia bounded through. Nodding to himself, he squeezed Ara's arm and stepped back for them to reconcile. And of course, Ara broke the silence with that wit that somehow, now, was simply there to keep things as normal as possible.

She pulled away to the bed, and Connor put his hand on Kaalia's shoulder for support, and confirmation she had done the right thing. Hopefully they all had.

And Ara began to speak.

Connor folded his arms, thinking on what she was saying. To him, it came across like a turncoat was working in the First Order, or the Galactic Alliance. Either way, whoever did this to Ara was a dead man walking and a liability to their cause. Looking down at her scar, he knew they were marks from Force Lightning, which he had over his back. So the Dark Side was being used by the one who attacked her. Moving to the end of her bed, he pictured their time in the lounge after the First Order Ball. Sitting on the edge, he took her leg and moved it over gently so it was rest over his, and began to gently stroke her skin.

"So we have a traitor working with the Alliance, or an insider within the First Order. Either way, the fact they did this to you means they will not live for long. They're a dead man walking.”

He turned to Kaalia and smiled.

"See. Your hunch was right.”

Then, back to Ara.

"When you're able, we will go back there and find out what you were onto. But, you stubborn girl, you should have told us. We've got your back, remember.”

Kaalia knew everything she needed to know when Ara mirrored her hugging motion. When [member="Ara Ren"] spoke she could do nothing but chuckle at her friend's comment, and didn't bother hiding the grin that took over her face. She looked down for a moment and her head back up while smiling. There was no point in talking about what happened to make her realize what they meant, and instead the redhead snuck a lighthearted tone into her voice. "Where would I be without my little instigator?" The flirty tone that returned to Ara's voice brought the redhead comfort.

Her friend became serious as she sat down on her bed. Kaalia listened to her story while nodding, thinking over who this stranger could have been. [member="Connor Harrison"] mentioned her suspicions being confirmed, and looked over at him. "It seems to be so. In any case, if we're going back there we should wait to engage anything until we know what we're dealing with. Who knows what he was doing there." She looked back at Ara. "If you want to get revenge on this man, I'll gladly help you with that. We'll take him out." The scars on her leg looked subtle, but it was obvious she'd been roughed up an incredible amount. Kaalia desired to maim this unknown man personally, as payback for what he had done to her friend. Malice was found in her being, and a bit of her anger rose back to the surface, swirling around her conciousness. Having such an easy grasp on her emotions should've felt foreign to her but it felt right, how it was supposed to be all along.

The power that was so suddenly unlocked, it was an impossibility in Kaalia's mind that the two others in the room hadn't noticed. The redhead felt a newfound sense of pride and confidence in it, and it was something that didn't fade. Her previous steps inside the darkness were temporary ones and would eventually dissipate, leaving her torn apart by the light pulling her back. There was no such thing here, instead her feet were planted firmly in the darkness. A small whisper of the light was still there, but it didn't bother her. It had no power, not anymore.

Ara let them look at the tracing red scars long enough to recognize the cause and potential extent of the damage before letting her fabric of her pants fall back over her ankle. When [member="Connor Harrison"] moved to the bed and mirrored a private moment they’d shared in Avalonia, one corner of her mouth quirked into an amused grin. The grin became a wince the first time his fingers ran across one of the thin red scars.

She turned away from his ministrations, her expression flat and thunderous.

”Yes, he is.”

Her words were sharp and brooked no argument, her gaze snapping to both of theirs as they echoed the same sentiment. Her friends could assist all they wanted, but this kill, this revenge was hers.

Hunch, hmm?” She raised one eyebrow in question at the ex-Jedi as he mentioned Kaalia’s hunch being correct. She shot him a playful glare as he called her stubborn, letting his statement go by without comment. No good could come of rehashing that argument.

As [member="Kaalia Voldaren"] joined the pair on the bed, Ara shifted enough to give her room, propping her back against the wall and pulling a brightly colored pillow onto her lap to fiddle with idly. What she wouldn’t give for a glass of brandy right now. Kaalia’s lighthearted comment was met with a wicked grin and a blown kiss.

”You would be very, very bored. And never have met that adorable pilot.” She winked once with a chuckle, remembering the boisterous Ishana from the Jumping Rocket.

Turning her attention back to the more serious topic at hand, the mysterious force user. She had to agree, either the order had a mole, or there was an infiltrator at the ball. Either way, the weapon he’d been purchasing was nothing to dismiss. She knew the deals that went on in the back alleys of the slum district, and he’d been willing to kill to protect it.

”Whatever he was purchasing could mean devastation for the Order when we go to war. Whatever it was, he stopped attacking me to protect it when I threw it across the room.”

She smiled to herself a bit, proud at least that she’d been able to do something worthwhile in that mess of a fight.

"He was more concerned with the crate hitting the ground than he was with me."

She frowned and tilted her head slightly, the unspoken thought it had only been a momentary distraction. She rested her head back against the wall, content to watch them both from her vantage point. For now she'd keep her other injuries to herself. Some habits were hard to break, besides, who knew how they react when they saw how close she'd come to a fatal strike. She winced to herself and pushed the memories back. For now, they'd focus on the next steps.

Noting Ara’s reaction, and the face he may already be running before he could walk, Connor hesitated, and stopped his gentle touch. Instead, he simply rested his hand on her knee, a small stroke of the thumb.

"Well as much as the want is there, you’re in no state mentally or physically to put yourself in danger. It looks like they already left enough of a mark, but don’t worry. I think they very much under-valued your social circle and just who you keep company with.”

He looked to Kaalia.

"Maybe see what you can find to go on, if you can give her anything Ara? Looks, anything memorable about them, anything you could find to narrow this dead-man down to where he is or who he is.”

With that, he sighed, and looked out into the room for a second.

"Main thing is you’re alright, but you should take this to your Master also. You could have vital information crucial to the First Order, as well as the Ren.” He shot her a look, and a smile. "I’m proud of you.”

The atmosphere in the room felt much calmer now, but there was so much left to discuss and clarify for all parties. Kaalia certainly had an edge to her, a fiery resilience not there before. And Ara and Connor…well, it didn’t take a genius to work out where there discussion lay.

Kaalia couldn't deny [member="Ara Ren"]'s words, remembering Ishana as her mind cast back to what happened in the Jumping Rocket. She ended up in an odd adventure with the pilot after they got chased out of the building, where the redhead was crammed in the back of a TIE-fighter to escape to another planet. They shared a few more drinks in another bar, but she hadn't been able to track her down since. Kaalia wondered where she would be now, swooning for a second before casting her mind back to the conversation at hand.

The redhead turned to [member="Connor Harrison"]. "I can go scouting. Look around the area, see what's going on. There might be nothing left to see, but it's at least worth a shot. If we can get his trail, it'll make finding him a lot easier." She then tilted her head towards Ara. "You can rest up in the meantime." She always preferred a subtle approach, taking it slow and gathering as much information as possible before anything. It had saved her hide countless times already, and the one time she didn't.. The scar at her left eye said enough. "Once you're back to a hundred percent, we can go out there and show him that he made a mistake making you an enemy." She nodded towards Ara with a vengeful look. This had become personal to Kaalia, she wouldn't stand for anyone hurting people she cared about. It didn't matter to her who took him down, she'd gladly let her friend get her revenge personally, but she'd assist in any way she could.

"And Ara," The woman smiled softly. "I'm glad you're okay. A lot of things happened today, but it made all of us stronger." She turned back to Connor, simply nodding towards him. There was no need for Kaalia to explain her gratitude toward him in words. Whatever he did while she was away changed things for the better.

Ara glanced at [member="Connor Harrison"] sharply, turning that vicious glare back on him. She let the anger his statement dredged back up float to the surface for a moment as he commented on her current state, both physical and mental. She was tempted to choke the life out of him on pure principal.

Instead she shifted, to relax a bit further against the wall, keeping her leg draped where he’d placed it. Now that she wasn’t acutely aware of every time he touched one of the sensitive scars, she could actually enjoy the light pressure. Just like that night after the ball, she turned away before her expression gave away exactly how much she liked the feeling.

”I’ll be sure to report it to Talon, when I get a chance.” She didn’t expand that her report back would take place in a few days, after she’d recovered fully. She guessed that they would know exactly what she meant. They could argue it all they wanted, but she would not budge on this. Stubborn girl was right.

She didn’t meet Connor’s grin. He might be proud of her, but she was far from it. He hadn’t been there to watch the crippling defeat. There was the anger and frustration again, bubbling up from the pit of her stomach where it had settled. She wasn’t sure what would help more at this point, a nice long bath or a spar.

As [member="Kaalia Voldaren"] weighed in, Ara growled under her breath. ”Stop treating me like I’m a child who’s fallen off his first speeder. I. Am. Fine.” Each word was punctuated with a stern glance from one to the other.

”If I have to kick both of your arses to prove it, I will.” Anger mixed with familiar bravado colored her expression, she meant it. If she had to get up right then and prove to them that she was capable of holding her own, she would.

”If you wish to go scouting, I won’t stop you. Just,” She sighed in exasperation, rolling her eyes skyward. She couldn’t believe she was about to say this. ”Take him with you.” She nodded towards the ex-Jedi sitting on the other side of her.

”He is powerful and two against one will do much better than you alone.” It was practical and a good strategy, especially when entering enemy territory.

Ara didn’t acknowledge Kaalia’s commentary about whatever had just passed between all of them in the last few hours. She watched them exchange a knowing glance and frowned to herself. They were sure that what had passed had made them stronger, she was sitting solidly on the opposite side of the line.

He turned to Ara, just looking at her and once more reading between the lines of her words. She was hurting, and she was angry, and she was overwhelmed. Hopefully tomorrow would be a new day for them all.

It was easy to ignore her bravado now, but glance at Kaalia to see how she would take it. That girl’s development was going to be particularly interesting to see flourish in light of recent events. However, he couldn’t help suppress a small smile at her reluctance to front him for the job of staking out the truth behind the attack.

"What can I say, I’ve got a little experience of that, you know.” He gave Ara a gentle pat. "Thank you for the overwhelming vote of confidence.”

With a sly look at her, he returned to looking at the scars.

"Take a day or so to let these heal, and relax a little. And before you say anything smart, just listen to me for once. I know what I’m talking about. The last thing you want to do is not let the healing process work, and then in a few weeks or even days it’ll get worse and you’ll be looking for reconstructive surgery or something like had to, remember.”

He held up his hand.

"Just take it easy for now. We have plenty of time to plot his – and the Alliances - downfall.”

Kaalia looked straight into [member="Ara Ren"]'s eyes. "A child? No, no, no... If I treated you like that I would've berated you for going in the first place. I don't need to explain why that would be absolutely ridiculous." Kaalia had a thoughtful look. "Remember when we first met? We talked about luck." She remembered the conversation they had while walking through the hallways of the bastion, looking for a place to play Sabacc. "I said I was lucky I didn't die to the dark Jedi that caused this scar." She traced the mark at her left eye with her index finger. "I survived. Back then, I felt weak. I nearly died, and I was ashamed of that. But what happened today made me realize that if it wasn't for this scar I wouldn't be here at all. It was the catalyst for what I found within me today. True power." A confident grin was plastered on her face now. "Those scars you have are the exact same thing, whether you believe it or not. And you probably don't. Today, I found pride in my mark. One day, you will in yours." She shifted a little bit, getting comfortable. "So yes, you're fine. That was never in question." Her eyes lit up for a moment. "And I'll gladly take you up on your offer. I could use the practice, once you're healed."

Kaalia shifted her gaze back to [member="Connor Harrison"]. "Ara has a point though. If things were to go south, it'd be a good thing to have you at my side. Are you up for it?"

Ara chuckled and flashed a coy smirk at [member="Connor Harrison"] , not bothering to correct his misinterpretation of her comment. It wasn’t a lack of confidence on his part that constituted the hesitation or eyeroll, but incredulity that she herself was suggesting [member="Kaalia Voldaren"] take back-up. Normally she’d have nodded, wished the girl luck, and been pleasantly surprised if she returned in one piece.

She fought the urge to look away as he glanced at her scars again, but forced herself to be stronger than that. He looked at her scars and spoke and she watched him. She winced when he brought up the possible need for reconstructive surgery and offered his hand as an example. She’d never forgotten the injury he’d recently recovered form when they first met, but it had been pushed to the back of her mind as he’d proven a capable opponent despite it.

She raised an eyebrow and started to say something smart, when Kaalia interrupted. Her expression went from exasperated to amused at the mental image of the red-head berating her. She listened quietly as Kaalia referenced the luck they spoke of long ago, as well as her new-found power and strength.

Her expression flattened into a neutral look as Kaalia talked, wondering what direction the speech was taking, but her eyes shone with pride. If anything good came of today, it was that Kaalia had accepted her darkness and found passion in it. He change in her friend was present in everything from her tone of voice, posture, and the power swirling around her.

A deep chuckle answered the younger Ren’s acceptance of an upcoming spar. She’d fought with Kaalia before, but they had yet to turn sabers against each other. It would be an interesting match and Ara’s mouth turned up in a wicked smile, filled with anticipation.

[color-gold]”I look forward to it. Just don’t blame me if you’re in over your head.”[/color] She winked once, her tone teasing, but with a steely undertone. She glanced over at Connor and smiled, he had firsthand experience that Ara wouldn’t go easy on her friend. Hopefully, Kaalia would return the favor.

She shifted, carefully removing herself from the bed and managed to avoid wincing when her weight was shifted onto her right leg. She still wasn’t sure why she kept expecting it to buckle or fail, the doctors on Avalonia had done wonders. She moved to the corner and gathered her cloak, settling the weight on her shoulders and clasping it.

She tilted her head and smiled sweetly at Connor, dipping into a low teasing purr. ”At least someone in this room recognizes my wisdom for what it is.” She chuckled and nodded to Kaalia. ”While you two make your plans,” The tone was neutral, bereft of emotion. ”I’ll go…rest and relax.”

She raised an eyebrow, willing them to object. She needed some time to herself, to sort through everything that had happened in the last few hours and to sort through her own concerns. Plus she needed to get rid of the residual anger before she took it out on someone else again. They could plan and scout without her, she’d give Kaalia the information they needed before the pair left for Coruscant. For now, for now she needed food, a bath, and some exercise. She wasn’t sure in what order.

Connor shook his head at Ara, rolling his eyes as she often made him do.

"If I find your wisdom anywhere, I’ll let you know.” With that, he looked to Kaalia before she could fire one back. "And yes, of course. Where I am needed, I will be there. I think it’ll do you good to let this fuel you. Make you see what you can be, and what you should be.”

He slid Ara’s leg gently from his lap, easing himself from under and then standing. He stretched, flexing his shoulder muscles and rolling his wrists. Absently, he ran his hand up his inner arm scar; a tapestry of twisted skin and broken nerves.

"We’ll leave you be then, and I know you won’t, but you know where we are when you’re ready, ok?”

However, he wanted to say more. Ask more. What the hell had happened in the last hour or so. Running to find her with Kaalia on the verge of a breakdown, to a violent outburst and a passionate kiss and a want to be with her, to then slipping back into a comfortable friend zone.
Maybe it was that simple to her, but so much more to him. His jaw tensed, and he nodded, snapping himself out of the daydream.

"Do you want me to bring you anything?”

If not, he’d make another excuse to come by after the storm had settled and maybe find out just what was going on.

Kaalia chuckled. "We'll see. I have discovered some things today I'd love to try out." A spar would be the best way to find out what the redhead could do with this newfound power, and so she'd gladly take up the challenge. "Once we get back from our scouting mission, you better be ready." A sly grin started forming on her face.

Shifting focus, Kaalia turned to the man next to her. "Connor. The day when we met, that facade I talked about? It's dead. Dead and gone. That Kaalia is never coming back." She focussed her passion into power, letting red and sulphur trickle down into her eyes. "I'm no longer blind. I was pushed into directions I couldn't see, but I see them clearly now." Her voice dropped to a lower pitch, her tone dark. Her head tilted and she looked in front of her. "I am no longer the Light's queen. The freedom that has been given to me by the darkness is the greatest gift one can receive. What has happened made me realize what you were trying to tell me back in Avalonia. From now on I'm no longer a burden like I was before. There is no more weakness." Kaalia got up, and the foreign colors slowly faded from her eyes. "I will never look back."

The redhead turned to back [member="Connor Harrison"]. "I will start preparing. I suggest we leave as soon as possible." Her gaze shifted one more time, now to include [member="Ara Ren"] as well. "I think it's in order that I re-introduce myself, because I'm not longer the old me. I am Kaalia Voldaren, Disciple of Ren and one with the Dark side." The red and sulphur colors quickly flashed in her eyes. "And please do what Connor said and let us know when you're ready. There's work to be done."

She flashed [member="Connor Harrison"] a grin and a middle finger salute in response to his witty comment. She shrugged off his comment about them being there when she was ready. She was ready now, whether they believed it or not. But she’d let them go on their scouting mission and would join them later, if only to gain a few days of peace and quiet.

She shook her head as he offered to bring her something, flashing him a teasing grin.

”Unless you are offering me the Rogue’s head on a platter, I think I can handle everything else.”

She moved to the door, unlocking the pad and propping the door open a bit as [member="Kaalia Voldaren"] spoke. She smiled to herself, keeping her back turned to the pair. She’d see if Kaalia was truly free of the light and her weaknesses in time. For now, she was proud of her friend and the power she felt rolling off of her.

Feeling the red-head channel the darkness, Ara opened herself up to the power still swirling through the room for a moment, turning back to meet the other girl’s sulfur gaze with her own. One corner of her mouth turned up into a smirk as she nodded sharply, once, to the other Disciple.

Kaalia released the power and her eyes faded back into their emerald hue, but Ara did not. She pulled the power closer and wrapped it around her, a warm cocoon of anger and strength that she reviled in.

”I’m always ready.” She purred, pulling the door open and moving into the hallway. ”Once you are satisfied with the information you’ve found, we’ll have that spar. I might even go easy on you. And while you are at it,” She grinned wickedly, glancing back and forth between both of them, chuckling. ”Get out of my room.”

She winked and shut the door behind her, moving down the hallway, deeper into the Bastion. Food first, then she’d make her way to the training wing. All this built up power needed somewhere to go and she needed a clear head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom