Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Unofficial Chaos Force User Rank Title Competition

EmKay

Parent Thread
[member="Ket Van Derveld"] / [member="Anija Ordo"]
[member="Tefka"] / [member="Ashin Varanin"] / [member="Matsu Xiangu"]
[member="Spencer Jacobs"] / [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]
The (Unofficial) SWRP: Chaos™ Rank Title Competition
For Force User Rank Title Tags!
"Come one, come all!"
Hello! I'd like to invite all who enjoy making Signature Rank Titles and such things to suggest what you'd like to see from the Chaos Rank Titles that exist in the forum already. This is "Unofficial" because whether or not Tef will change anything is neither confirmed or denied. Ultimately, this is being done for fun! We all like to have fun and showcase what we can do, right? If nothing else, those of you who have Tag Shop threads like mine, Ket's, and, most recently, Anija's, can use what you've made to showcase another set of tags that you can let people use in their signatures, or that you may merely have up to display what you can do!​
That said, let's get this show on the road!​
I'm not entirely sure what "Weekly Challenge" means by definition, just to make that clear. I'll assume it means the challenge lasts a week and if that's such the case, then a Wednesday seems as good a time as any to start and stop. So,

Wednesday, October 22 - Challenge begins!
Here there are options on what you can do. You may choose to do one set or all of the Force User Rank Titles. Here they are straight from Chaos' Rank Titles Page for easy reference:

Jedi

Sith

Neutral (True Neutral)

Dark Jedi (Dark Neutral)

Rogue Jedi (Light Neutral)

Witch

Notice how I put the alignment by the three Neutrally aligned tags. This is because there's a certain freedom I want to allow here for this competition. If you feel that something better could be put there to represent the alignment, I won't stop your creativity. I can't think of anything better, but maybe you can.

Also, if you'd be so kind as to make a post announcing which Rank Titles you choose to work with, then that would be appreciated in the event that people want to work on something different and we don't end up with a bunch of people making the same thing. While that makes the competition more interesting, it'd be nice to see different things if people are so inclined.

One more thing. If you want to add more tags, as in make something wholly new you'd like to see added, then feel free to make that as well and submit it to the competition. While the Staff (as I understand it) frowns upon adding even more to the list due to clutter and unusefulness, maybe your design will gain enough credit to make it in! You never really know.

Thursday, October 23 - Monday, October 27
Design stage. During this time, you fine folks should announce which Tag/Tags you'll be editing, and get working on that perfect design you'd like to submit. I look forward to seeing what you come up with, and will likely submit my own entries as well.

Each submission should have a minimum of three images. That's one set of Force User Rank Titles. I'll be a little more than irate if you submit a single image and call it a submission, because then we'd have a bunch of clashing, I'll be annoyed, and you most likely won't get anywhere. Please don't troll, this is supposed to be fun but not annoying.

Friday, October 24 - Tuesday, October 28
Review / Submission / Voting Stage. This is where you should polish up the final touches of your tags and submit them if you haven't yet. From there, your peers may vote via the Likes system. The more likes your submission gets, the higher you're ranked. Best of luck in that regard!

Wednesday, October 29
Final Votes / Winner Announcement Stage (may flood over into Thursday 30th). This is the last chance people have to vote for their favourite submissions! Either late at night or after this day, the winner will be announced. The competition will definitively end on Thursday, October 30, and past that date the competition will be closed, a winner announced, and maybe something cool will happen! In the end, we all got to exercise our talents and watch people make pretty pictures. Fun!

In the end of it all, this thread is to bring us artists together and dream of what the Rank Titles that go under our avatars would look like if we had say in the matter. To make fantasy reality and maybe that reality will blossom into something greater. Who's to say? Ultimately, just have fun with it!

Thanks, and good luck!

EmKay

I'm going to try my hand at all of them, personally. Just to see what I come up with. Challenging myself!

But it appears that Photoshop is determined to challenge me. It keeps crashing.

EmKay

Okay! I finally got Photoshop to cooperate. I've got True Neutral tags made, because as I was playing around with images it kind of... just hit me.

The way I kind of viewed these as I was making them was with the KotOR Character screen, where it showed the different graphics based on your alignment, then took that in my own way. All three are monochrome with shades of black and white to show the fact that they lie in the middle Grey Area that exists in the Force.

The Apprentice tag only has a few streaks, showing the budding power but lack of knowledge or control. The Knight tag shows the central "beam" of lighter colour, and the dark around the edges, symbolising growing power but yet more to learn. The Master tag shows much more light than dark, showing that heightened state of awareness in the Force (and almost looks like wings), yet dark still remains to both show neutrality and imply that even Masters have more to learn.

Neutralapprentice_zpsa76f5a08.jpg

NeutralKnight_zps826a09fa.jpg

NeutralMaster_zps01dff1e8.jpg

I did my own version of the Neutral Force user ranks. I will work on the other ones as well simply because it gives me something to do between posts.

EmKay

Alright, I tried keeping with Chaos' existing volcanic theme with this, but with more black. Because Sith and Black are like Pie and Baking.

And a final touch. Lord is typically a masculine term, so I made this too:

Soliael Devin Talith said:
I generally hate all tag changes, but i would welcome these.
Why? Those tags look almost exactly like the current Sith tags. There's extremely little difference.

We're obviously not adding female alternatives - if anything, we would just change Sith Lord back to Sith Master.

I want to see changes concerning the unpopular tags - not the currently popular ones. The currently popular ones do not need revamping or fixing, because they've already gotten so much attention and rework. Apply change where it is most needed first, then we can delve into making tweaks.

And for those of you changing font size and color from the standard default, those will never be approved.

I do like some of the suggestions so far, but stop messing with the font size and color. There is a standard to be met, and it is strictly enforced.

EmKay

Tefka said:
Why? Those tags look almost exactly like the current Sith tags. There's extremely little difference.
I actually didn't expect to get very good feedback on it for that precise reason. I'm just enjoying myself redoing all the tags, but that one and the Jedi one will be more-or-less thrown together compared to the Neutral tags which were my focus in the other thread.

Tefka said:
We're obviously not adding female alternatives - if anything, we would just change Sith Lord back to Sith Master.
Aww but it'd add a nice spark of individuality! (I can understand if you have a standard though).

Tefka said:
I do like some of the suggestions so far,
Yay! Good work, guys :D

Lord Ghoul

L
Perhaps a new Scoundrel tag, or Mercenary, or that old Shaman tag that was totally dope.... not that I have any vested interest in the matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom