Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The training trails

Tags: Kristyl Arenais
Ship: "The Red Hare"
Equipment: Prosthetics, Diana original lightsaber +attachment rods, Diana's master ligthsaber, training objects.
Droids: Orange Kitten, Blue Squid
Objective: Train
Inspirational music

The soft bellowing of engines roared behind the woman. It seemed like no one was in her mind as the rolling waves of the ship' sound made their way from back to front. It was a ship that sounded... happy to the woman. Midway in her 30's and already she sounded like she was about to retire, the thought made her grin. Her newly acquired droid 'Blue Squid' alongside it's little companion "Orange Kitten" were a godsent. Their presence ensured that the woman could focus entirely on her position within the Knights Obsidian, for as long as that would still last. The turbulent times making it difficult to find a way to find the right words for it. She soon found herself lost in thought while a small screwdriver, rolling between three fingers of her right hand, tightened the spring in her prosthetic left arm too far. The droids, having prior to the flight conducted full maintenance, would now have yet another job... it was really getting used to not needing to do that.

She stood up, her muscular frame lifted up with ease between the well trained physique and the high amount of tension in her metal limbs. The creaking of the spring signalled its soon demise. Swift steps towards her room took her to the workstation stationed inside. She stood with stoic determination as she undid her arm and put the left arm down. Her arm making a soft hissing sound as the piece came off. Her voice, unexpectedly feminine for what her appearance would suggest, rang to the ship's computer:

"Get Squid to put the training supplies in the hanger, Kitten needs to report to my room for direct replacement of parts. Commencing operations manually till arrival. Echo ETA on intercom in minute interval till arrival upon 5 minutes before touchdown. Inform our guest of my training instructions."

She looked down. Her boardcomputer and communication system finally restored meant she could have more jobs lined up with ease. It was a pleasure she could hardly put into words. As she thought this the ETA was echo-ed though the halls of the ship. 10 minutes still, it would be silent for 5 and then count down the minutes. She shook her head and opened up the arm's compartments. A soft metallic spring held together her left fingers neutral position. She had tightened it so far it was bended wrong and she soon had it replaced with another. The tightening would soon be done by the small metallic white with orange droid that showed up. The small object beeping loudly as it took the tool from the woman and masterfully measured its tension to be perfect.

Diana let the Droid do its thing. She looked at the closet and with a soft sigh let a heavy suit of armour fly out. Her training armour. It would serve the purpose well, she knew it. With a soft sense of completion upon hearing the beeping of her droid, the small hand shaped droid attached the arm back to the woman's frame and she proceeded to dress herself. A full suit of metal armour, easy to move in but hard to be anything but slow in. She felt ready for the task at hand. A smile krept up on her face, she loved teaching students about the force. And this would be the first time in a long time she could.

Blue Squid, a tentacled monster of a droid collected the objects of the training exercise within a box, practice sabers, weights, intricate instruments and a collection of books on the force were among a few of them. The monstrosity was affectionately called Squid by Diana, but many would find him rather displeasing to the eyes. His build was pure functional and within the time given, he would often get his job done with perfection. The many tentacles closed the box with clasps and would leave soon after to conduct maintenance to the ship. Only stopping in front of the door for their guest to knock and inform the young lady within:

"Arrival soon - Captain Sophistica requests your arrival at the hanger in full training attire."

He would directly continue, and conduct the rest of the objectives he still required to do within the time before touchdown.

It only took 10 minutes, but they seemed like hours. The touchdown was without issue, and the valley that now housed the Red Hare would be the training field for the day. Lush green with forest and many boulders stretched where the eye would reach. Diana stood in the hangar as she waited for the padawan. The door opening slowly as she sat on the crate to await the young lady.

-=The Emerald Flame=-

Kristyl Vaashe

K
Belongings: Training Robes of the Lotus | Asaraa's first Lightsaber.
Present Company: Diana Sophistica Diana Sophistica .

Kristy had been within the guest quarters fidgeting with her datapad as she tried to frantically search for every little piece of information she had been taught over the numerous classes that might aid in her assignment today. She had asked for more opportunities to learn and to better herself since the incidents on Rhand and Christophsis.

Despite feeling as though she were too young to be getting into life-threatening situations, others her age had somehow managed to excel in learning how to protect themselves, to fight and to brave the many dangers that came with the position of an apprenticeship within the Knights Obsidian; they didn't seem so reliant upon others the way that Kristyl had felt she'd been weighing her Master down by being a dead weight when it counted the most.

Queue the reason for being aboard yet another strange Starship under the command and guardianship of one Diana Sophistica. While they were away on assignment, it was Diana's responsibility to look after Kristyl's wellbeing and see that she'd be taught all that might aid her; whereas it was Kristyl's responsibility to obey, listen and not disappoint yet another person in her strange and frenzied feeling life these days.

"Arrival soon - Captain Sophistica requests your arrival at the hanger in full training attire.".

Kristyl found herself staring more at the droid's curious build rather than paying so much attention to what it was relaying to her. The Droid was an unusual model and not one that the young girl had ever come across before. A number of tentacle-like attachments with numerous utilities made the thing look like it could've been for a number of jobs, such as maintenance or the like, and yet it seemed to be delivering instructions that obviously came straight down from the Lady Sophistica; therefore suggesting that it was a personally owned droid and less a standard model for the ship and its crew.

"I will. Thank you" She replied with a soft smile to the droid before returning to her cabin and cleaning up what little mess she had made with the few items she had brought along with her from Naboo. By the time that the young girl had found her way towards the Hangar, the ship had seemingly settled upon land already. She wasn't certain where exactly their destination had been, but she had taken the whole 'need to know' basis to heart and decided it was better not to ask too many questions in case of conveying a bad first impression to her new tutor.

"Hello there, Ma'am. You sent for me?" Kristyl greeted Diana Sophistica Diana Sophistica with a small smile, her arms to her side and her back straight, standing attentively and doing her best to look ready for whatever they were about to walk out into.

Equipment: Prosthetics, Diana original lightsaber +attachment rods, Diana's master ligthsaber, training objects.
Inspirational music

The time seemed to slow down to a crawl as Diana sat in wait. Waiting was never her strong suit and while she knew the girl was young and new to the practice, she seemingly was getting ready to look bothered. Looking at her watch however, showed her that she was wrong. She simply was early and there was nothing she could do that would change that fact now. Her frame taking its seat on the container of training supplies, she waited until the red haired girl arrived.

Her appearance was simple, an outfit that wasn't build for combat in Diana's perception, but then again often the outfit's she wore were non-sensical either. The red hair, a fairer more natural red then her own (despite the crimson locks being totally natural) were yet untainted by the silver strands of elder hair that gathered themselves with the woman. She was at least half her age, and there was a life in her eyes that Diana envied more then she cared to admit. There was hope and life that would one day face horror. Until then it was her honour to ensure that light would remain as long as possible.

A soft smile appeared on the red-heads face. Looking at the younger woman she gestured to take a seat on one of the crates. Meanwhile she looked with her bright emerald green eyes to the girl and spoke with a military tone yet a warm motherly sense:

"Welcome to Pii 3, this is my preferred place to practice of late, and you'd do well to be ready. I know you come here with good intentions, but I don't intend to let you leave until you are ready for your next battle. I won't employ what was done to me, however I hope you are prepared to face what I have prepared for you. You will find that I wear heavy armour, that I don't believe the force is a binary thing... or that I think this life is for us organic beings anyway... You see this damage? During my training this happened to me, I won't stop you if you want to lay down your weapons now. You won't have to end like me, but it is a chance. If you still feel like you can do this... then you are in safe hands with me."

She stood up, her outfit hid most of the bad wounds, but the wounds to her face, the messed up eye, and two missing limbs were a dead give-away that Diana wasn't messing around. She would keep the girl safe, but only if the girl was ready to learn how to do that herself as well. Her slow movements focused the eye on the mechanical components for a second before she tapped the crate. It weighed a good 20 kilo's, nothing too bad all things put together, and the woman spoke with a gentle tone:

"We will train in the valley. I don't know how strong you are in the force but you will start by focusing on that. You can carry this container down the ramp and into the valley. I'll walk with you, but I will not carry the supplies for you. Another thing, during practice fights I'll have you wear more protection then a standard Jedi, so before you leave please put the metal guards on."

Within the box were metal cover plates with straps, small and designed to give full range of movement, they would total a good 10 kilo extra weight. Nothing compared to Diana's gear but this would make it so her arms, legs and torso would be protected from hits with heavy objects. The woman would wait patiently for the girl to get her gear on, grab the box and together they would walk down into the valley. A lush and brisk windy place that smelled of grass and forest yet being open enough to show the features of a great collection of rocks, ground with feeble footing, and a big field of lush vegetation.

-=The Emerald Flame=-

Kristyl Vaashe

K

Yikes, this woman wasn't playing. Kristyl knew that she needed to get stronger and braver if she wanted to be an asset to the other members of the Knights Obisidian, but standing there before Diana Sophistica Diana Sophistica whose first impression seemed a little like 'you're probably gonna die here', was quite intimidating.

Kris looked to the woman's injury where she had been left with the scars to remember battles since past. It made her wonder what kind of things this Diana lady had seen before, and how many battles she'd taken part in, yet she didn't ask. Truth be told, she wasn't sure what to say at all. She knew she had to say something. To give some form of acknowledgement and reason for standing there where the lady had otherwise given the girl a way out, but Kristyl didn't want to leave. She'd come to learn and improve, and she was scared of disappointing people.

"I want to go on" She answered the Knight Obisidian directly. The girl's voice wasn't brimming with confidence, but her decision was made up. Turning back would only be wasting valuable time that she could have otherwise spent getting better at her training. Becoming something worthwhile in the Confederacy. Kristy didn't exactly know what she wanted to do with her life, but what she did know was that she wanted to be proud of whatever she did become. Someone strong, independent and happy.

She then looked to the container which Diana had instructed Kristyl to carry down the loading ramp causing the girls mouth to twist in a look of discontent. She wasn't exactly one for a lot of physical activity and that thing looked pretty heavy. Kristy wasn't lazy of course, she liked to go on hikes exploring all over Naboo, but when it came to muscles...-Well, there wasn't much to be said on that subject.

"My Mom teaches at the Academy on Naboo, and my Dad's a Jedi so I've learned a few things I guess" She answered Diana once more, this time on the subject of her training in the Force. Both of her parents were fairly busy in life, but they'd taught her the basics in order to prepare her for the curriculum taught at the Obsidian Academy.

Looking back to the crate, Kristy raised her right hand and reached out in its direction. The girl's eyes closed as she tried to visualize the box within her mind, then connected with the force that flowed throughout her. Compared to someone trained, the girl would take far longer and use up far more concentration to be able to raise the crate from the metal floor, yet she gradually managed to create a telekinetic field around it, struggling to levitate the heavy box, then turning to guide it down towards the base of the ramp.

Last edited by a moderator:

Inspirational music

With a small smile the woman limped to the edge of her ships ramp as she turned around. The woman realized she only heard footsteps of someone who was light of feet. Not those of someone struggling to walk under the weight of her objects. The woman sighed, it was smart. Once upon a time she would have done the same perhaps. But that wasn't what Diana had requested of the girl and she needed to know that. With a disappointed look on her face the walked past the container and touched the girl's shoulder gently with her right hand. Heavy under the armour she tried to not let the full weight rest on her young frame as the other hand stretched out. As if by a boulders weight the crate started to lower until it was on the floor. A soft shake of her head accompanied the words that were more motherly then perhaps desired by the woman:

"Kristyl, you said your mother teaches, and your father is a jedi. But neither of them got there without putting in the muscle work first. In a battle no one cares who they were... only who you are. It's impressive you can do this, but I don't need you to levitate things when I request you to carry something. Pick it up with your hands and follow me. I intend to teach you how to be the best you can be, not to cut corners."

With a soft smile she emphasized her praise for the ability to levitate objects. It was impressive indeed. However it was a skill she should master fully before using it on such heavy objects. With a nod the woman would walk ahead again. This time when she was at the crate she would take off her gloves and added them, an extra kilo of weight added as a result. She looked over her shoulder and nodded before continuing on.

The valley was awe inspiring. The woods thick with trees but not enough to make it hard to fight in. Smells like pine an chicory hit the nostrils like a symphony of fall while the valley stretched on. The grass underneath their feet a soft wavy collection of green that almost put the instructors eyes to shame. But as they reached the valley proper, a wide stretch of flat grass ringed with rocks of various sizes, the jedi took a stop.

She turned. Looking at her Padawan and waiting for her to place the crate in the middle of the field. A soft breath was taken, and the woman seemed to be fuelled with energy. Her back straightened like a soldier, her armor almost seemed weightless as her muscles became enforced with the force. Her hair became red like a fire and the silver strands of hair shimmered in the sun while the bangles in her hair seemed to shimmer with a frozen sheen. She looked at the girl, bright green emerald sheen made her eyes stunning as she spoke.

"Ready your gear, wear the armour and come at me with the practice saber. Show me the basics of what you can do."

She then lifted her lightsaber and dropped it to the floor. Intending to show the girl that the wooden saber in the crate would be an adequate training tool, and why the basics would be important. The simple fact of the matter was, there was little to no reason for Diana to believe anything the documents she had read on the girl would be true. The only way to know, was with a battle where she could find out for sure. Her arms lifted, her hips shifted and with her left leg forward, her right leg steadied behind her, her left hand curled in a boxing stance as her right seemed to prepare for a jab. She seemed like a boxer, a fighter, and it was clear she intended to retaliate for any openings the girl might have.

-=The Emerald Flame=-

Kristyl Vaashe

K
Present Company: Diana Sophistica.

"It's impressive you can do this, but I don't need you to levitate things when I request you to carry something".

'Well that makes sense, I suppose' Kristyl thought to herself, glancing back and forth between the heavy crate of supplies and Diana Sophistica Diana Sophistica . She had only really mentioned her parents as a way to explain her experience in the Force, having been asked. Usually, she would have explained herself, but with the current correction being emphasized in the actual lifting of the crate, Kristyl thought it better than to appear disobedient at all.

With a quiet huff, the girl moved closer to the crate and gave it a carefree tap with her foot as if to show it wasn't as bigger a task set before her than what it truly was. Of course, playing tough and proving herself to be, was another story. Diana could probably see straight through her, but for Kristy it was about believing in herself, even if she had to convince herself first.

Lifting the heavy crate of gear proved to be more difficult than using the Force to carry it for her. Both hands were wrapped around the large metal box as she struggled to walk down the sloped ramp, while keeping herself upright, walking as tall as she could manage. By the time the girl did eventually reach the base of the ramp, Kristyl looked like she had already started to sweat a little.

"Ready your gear, wear the armour and come at me with the practice saber. Show me the basics of what you can do.".

"Armour?" Kristyl turned back to Diana Sophistica, a hint of surprise in the look that she offered her teacher. Kris had never worn any form of heavy-duty armour before. Her clothes had always been light and easy to move about in. It was an asset when she liked to sneak around and avoid getting growled at for being in places she wasn't allowed in back at the Academy.

"Um, okay..." She added, looking next to the wooden sparring sword that Diana had instructed for her to use during practice. She'd take a moment trying to get the armour on over top of her clothes, but she intended on making it work if it meant being able to start training with the Master right away. Kristyl awkwardly rattled away as she tried to prepare herself for what was probably going to be a painful training lesson, knowing that the wooden sword she had been given would be identical to the one she was no doubt about to get smacked around within the hands of the trained Force User awaiting her readiness.

"So...-Is this alright?" She asked uncertainly, having pulled on the armaments and turned back to begin her approach towards the older woman, wooden blade held down at her side as she gave a bit of a shy shrug.

Inspirational music

With a small smile, hidden behind the woman's turned frame, it wasn't extremely heavy, but muscles were important to train when fighting. If the force is a power to wield, it needs to be harnessed from a body that is a temple. She looked over her raised hands, the younger and more fragile girl then she was, reminded her of days past. When she was but a young Padawan and afraid to chip a nail and would sweat bullets at the thoughts of the weights she had to carry. But at least she would do better then her own teacher did. She had too.

With a warm smile on her face the heat of the sun ignited a tranquillity across the fields before them. A warm soft glow erupted from above the sky as the nature around them was disturbed only by the clanging of their equipment. The heavy armour Diana wore softly tapping against the plates that made it up. She would often wonder why she still trained in it... but today it felt safe and appropriate. Never teach a student what you can't show yourself capable of. Her armour was many times heavier then the trainee would have to wear. But that didn't stop Diana from enjoying the thought of the young lady, walking with her shoes across the lush green grass and face in the fresh wind, wear it like she would. One day this girl would stand as she does, if she had anything to say about it. And now that the girl wore the armour she couldn't stop herself but be overcome with a laugh that bouldered from her core.

"Hahahaha, it is indeed. Wait wait before we start."

She stood up straight, letting the force wane and returning to her normal look. Walking slowly to the girl and pointing at a few of the belts, the padding beneath them and the plates.

"See these belts. It will be uncomfortable for a bit but they need to be tight. Otherwise the armour will be your enemy before it helps you. When you get more muscle mass it will slowly get less painful as well. But for now trust me that this is better then having you wear my armour. The padding under the plates allow you to disperse some of the hits you will take. So use this to your advantage. Any ounce of force powers not used to defend, can be used to keep yourself on the advantage."

She smiled, fixing up the armour and slowly bending down to hand her the lightsaber made of wood and hand it to the girl. A small nod showing her that this would suffice and with a small limp she walked back to her spot. Gesturing with her hands to come at her. Bending her knees and raising her arms once more to take a boxing stance while her body had the light sheen of the force over it. Her hair bright red and eyes green as emeralds she suddenly pushed off if the girl did not attack..

Her feet moved as lightning and she moved to the girl. If she wasn't fast the woman would circle the girl and land behind her, only to fake a punch and inform her with ragged voice:

"Please, don't misunderstand. You will have to fight here and be at your best. Next punch won't be held back."

If she did attack then Diana would dodge, gently to the left she'd try to avoid the attack before punching at the girls hands to hopefully hit them. Nothing too fast but fast enough to be a small shock to the girls system.

Either way she would follow up with a small sigh and the response:

"Should you wonder still about how serious you should take this. If you don't impress me, I'll have you work out those muscles till you do."

-=The Emerald Flame=-

Kristyl Vaashe

K
~ Kristyl Arenais ~

Belongings: Heavy Armour | Wooden Training Saber.

The armour that she wore was far heavier than what she had trained in before. It felt bulky and clumsy, although that would likely change over time with experience. Diana Sophistica seemed to be at home within her own battle-wear, and so with an example of what hard work and perseverance looked like, Kristyl wanted to appease the woman's expectations and at least try to live up to her example of a real fighter.

Kristy had thus far managed to shy away from the more aggressive aspects of Training. She would gladly bury her nose into a good book, whether fictional or non-fiction, yet when it came to sparring with others her age and taking part in lessons to learn how to fight properly, she had always found some sort of excuse to be elsewhere. It hadn't been until her very first real-life combat experience that she had been shaken out of her skin and into the realization that she might one day need to actually fight somebody; She had unintentionally wound up following her aunt (more like a bigger sister figure) Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic into the Invasion of Rhand. She had been fortunate to stay within the allied circles and not step foot in enemy territory or come face to face with one of the bad guys, but it had been enough to scare her straight.

The girl avoided eye contact, trying to hide her lack of confidence while Diana Sophistica Diana Sophistica went about securing the straps that held her protective overlay to her small frame. It felt like a lot to carry, and Diana had said that it would, so Kristy didn't complain. She could tell this was going to be one exhausting training session though, probably one of the hardest lessons she had faced yet. No wonder why she had been led away from Naboo in order to be taught this one. No one could hear her scream!

When Diana gave her the final nod and returned to her position, Kristyl gave a small smile before bringing the wooden saber into both hands and parting her feet so that she could steady herself with the blade held at the ready out in front of her. Once assured that she was ready, her focus returned to the woman opposite her, eyes going a little wider as she found Diana's choice of weapon was in fact her own fists.

Of course, Kristy wasn't going to attack. Instead, she lowered her guard to say something, only had to quickly raise her wood sword once more as Diana moved for the attack. She was incredibly fast and moved with an agility that the younger girl had never expected from someone with such heavy armour on. Before she knew it, Diana was off to her side, and then behind her and stopping just shy of hitting the girl.

Next punch won't be held back.

Wildly, she swung the training sword out in a wide arc from right to the left in an attempt to get Diana clear of her. The sweeping attack was clumsy and went wide, a reaction akin to a blind man trying to swat at flies. The sword missed completely however and instead she found her hands being targeted, giving out a yelp in fright as Diana tagged her right hand and the girl almost dropped the sword in response.

"Isn't this working out enough already!?" she complained with a whine to her voice, trying to recollect herself and returning the training sword back into a two-handed grip. "-And...Are you sure you don't want a sword too?" she added, looking to the unarmed woman, evidently concerned about hurting her when she didn't have a weapon herself.

Tags: Kristyl Vaashe + open
Inspirational music

It had not been hard. The clash of fist to the hand of the girl had been nothing compared to the pain of real combat... why was she not trained in combat? Or at least not trained enough for the stage she found herself in. Had she avoided combat? Diana lifted her hands from the position she had stood in and flanked her opponent. Swift feet moved through ample grass and stone to dodge to the right and preform a low gut punch from behind a guard.

It mattered not if it hit, Diana stood tall after and looked at the girl. Surrounded by insurmountable natural beauty the woman stood at nearly 2 meters tall. She looked down at the girl and spoke with a calm stillness in her voice that suited nature itself.

"It falls to me to ensure you are taken care off you miss Arenais. Should I have to start at the basic sword strikes? If so just mention it. But I intend tot make you into someone who survives. Now it pains me to do this..."

With the sentence half formed she lowered her frame. No force power into her movement she simply lowered herself and freed her right shoulder as her centre of gravity shifted forward. Her feet pushed off the ground, small specks of soil spreading through the air as she shoulder tackled the child. Ducking the full weight and frame under the saber she held with no defence at all. If she connected with the tackle she would lift the child, off her feet and let her fall backwards, raising her hands afterwards.

Otherwise she could tumble forward, rolling past the girls range to try and not get hit. Judging by the girl it would be easy for the big woman to be hit regardless however.

No matter the outcome Diana would stand straight and give a patient and almost worried sounding response:

"Dear... did no one teach you swordplay? Your actions need refinement... after this we will do strikes and sword basics... an enemy without his weapons is most dangerous. They become like beasts at times. You need to keep your focus on the fight. If you cant win when I am unarmed then you can't win with my weapon of choice."

She looked at the girl, slowly walking back to her place and gestured the girl to come at her again. It pained her but she had to be stern for once.

"Again, show me you want to get off this planet with praises instead of bruises."

-=The Emerald Flame=-

Kristyl Vaashe

K
~ Kristyl Arenais ~

Kristy felt the punch to her gut bury itself deep as if she'd been kicked by an Orbak. She hadn't been prepared for it and her stomach had been free game to a direct blow that had her falling to one knee, clutching her lower stomach as she heard Diana Sophistica Diana Sophistica 's voice from somewhere above.

"It falls to me to ensure you are taken care of you miss Arenais. Should I have to start at the basic sword strikes? If so just mention it. But I intend to make you into someone who survives. Now it pains me to do this...".

Trying to pull herself together, Kristy began to climb back up to her feet and turned his gaze back upon the older woman, forcing herself to bite through the pain and refusing to let herself cry in front of her.

She didn't want to prove herself to be inadequate, or unworthy of training and become better than she was. She felt helpless when it came down to protecting herself. She hadn't been a fighter before now, but the refusal to let herself appear weak and useless seemed to keep the young girl from giving up.

"...To do wha?".

Diana ran straight into her, the impact of the woman's shoulder knocking the wind straight out of her and sending her crashing down to the ground. The force of which sent her spinning to land face down, back to her sparring partner, hands and face in the grass and dirt of Pii III.

Kristyl's head spun and the world seemed to echo around her as she tried to get back up. Time seemed to stop, making it difficult to tell if she'd been down mere seconds or minutes as she stumbled to push herself back onto her knees, looking to the earth and wheezing as she took in large gulps of air, searching for the breath that Diana had knocked out of her.

"I didn't want to fight...-I skipped my classes" Kristyl admitted between gasps, seeing little other way of avoiding any further beating while she desperately sought the time to find her feet once again. She gritted her teeth, withholding tears as her body ached tremendously. She didn't want to have to admit that she was scared of being hurt, but now that she was facing just that, she had to say something...

"I'm not good at being...Angry. At fighting people...I don't like hurting people".

Inspirational music

With a sigh Diana seemed to shake off the glow from the force. She sat down on the spot, legs crossed with the soft hum of her prosthetics joint being put under pressure. Her breathing was still calm. Odd as it were for the state she should be in. But regardless it was easy for her to do this much with the help of the force. As the soft breeze touched her face a look of worry spread across her face as she patted the floor in front of her. Shaking her head as if she heard someone tell her that what she had failed.

With a gentle breathing, her chest rising and falling with every breath she calmed herself. Waiting for the girl to sit in front of her before she continued. Her hand grabbed her lightsaber. A dark black handle with a bright blue crystal inside. The object was heavy, far more so then any other jedi used and she put it in front of her. Then she grabbed a lightsaber from behind her belt. A light one with a golden crystal nestled deep into its core. Clearly light and made to be agile. She then put the wooden lightsaber in between the two and with a breath of fresh air her eyes locked onto the girl. No force powers on her, the woman looked older, more grey hairs and the showing signs of the first wrinkles.

"Between these three sabers, not one isn't dangerous... you are afraid to get hurt, I was too. But long ago what was told to me changed that. My master was a kind man, who taught me light and dark side force powers. Now mind you that light and dark is hogwash if you ask me... but I digress. He was kind, and let me train at a phase that was kind and friendly for my body. In time he fell to the dark side, taken over by their influence and believing anger to be the fuel for the force, he trained me no kinder anymore. He believed that our final test should be a duel... and I had to comply. My lost limbs and damaged eye is the result of a fight to the death with the man who protected me since I was your age... I will never let these wounds heal. But I also will never inflict them on you. But you require resolve. If you think you will become who you wish to be without picking up a sword and doing what you must... then prove it. Hurl your boulders with force or speak your words with vigor. But you need to have the power to back it up...

Diana slowly raised her hand and put it on the girls shoulder. the weight of it probably surprising but the look of utter fear for the girls safety clear.

... You will not live to see it done if you don't. If you trust me, then I will show you the ropes. We will fight when you have finished and see if that made a difference. But I will be making up for lost time."

She sounded kinder, her eyes still older then before but having a gleam of worry over them. She then loosened the straps from the girls armor and that of her own, taking all the armor off until she remained in her mechanics clothes, a wide comfortable pair of pants and a short tank top that allowed her ample mobility. She then stretched her back by turning her upper body left, then right, then left again. Waiting and responding should the girl have a retort or comment. Only to follow it up with a smile to the girl and a stretched out hand, two of the practice swords getting into the woman's hand using the force. She handed the girl one, walked a few feet from the discarded clothes and she took the basic stance of the school of saber fighting she employed and waited for the other girl to join her. Impressive muscles showing on the woman's lean body, making it no wonder that she wore such heavy armor at almost all times.

-=The Emerald Flame=-

Kristyl Vaashe

K
~ Kristyl Arenais ~

When Diana Sophistica Diana Sophistica motioned for Kris to join her, seated upon the soft grass, the younger of the two did so with something of a limp in her step due to the pain still felt within her gut. She tried not to show it too much, trying instead to walk as normally as she could, but the short fight had been the first real show of aggression that she'd faced in a long time, and the first time she'd been seriously hit too.

She listened to the woman speak, however, shocked to discover that Diana's own Master had eventually turned against her in some crazy idea of a fight to the death like some of the holovids showed online. Her brow furrowed at the thought, not understanding the point of it. "Wait" she interrupted Diana mid-speech, "So he forced you to kill him so you could prove yourself, but if you won then he would not be around to see how good you really were?.." she spoke with a tone of disbelief and scepticism, "And if you didn't win, then he'd wind up killing his own student!" she exclaimed thereafter.

Despite the story, one thing Kris appreciated was knowing that Diana wouldn't do the same thing to her. She guessed that the older woman must have agreed with Kristy in finding the idea more than a little silly. Truthfully, she wished that fighting wasn't the answer. That it shouldn't need to happen for Force Users to be able to get around the Galaxy; but then she supposed that was the point of the Knights Obisidian. To get out there and protect the citizens of the Confederacy.

Kristy's gaze shot back to Diana as the woman took to her shoulder with something of a heavy hand, a small smile escaping her at the supportive touch. "I understand that I need to learn these things. I do" Kristyl said with a more confident tone, soon to elaborate on her concern however, "But I wish that it wasn't necessary. I know my Mom has fought a lot in her lifetime, and she's saved a lot of people but she's probably hurt people too, right? Fighting people can't be purely good, can it. It seems like there's always going to be a bad thing that will happen to someone else when we have to use these things" she soon gestured to the training sword that had been returned to her as Diana had risen to her feet. Kris followed in suit, climbing back up to a stand and moving to prepare for them both to continue in their practices.

The young girls' familial connections were well documented within the Confederacy. Asaraa Vaashe was her mother, a tutor within the school of the lotus at the Knights Obisidian Academy, whereas her Father Caedyn Arenais was now retired from the role of a Jedi Knight and living out his days peacefully on Mnemosyne caring for the temple grounds of his homeworld. Given their alignment and general personalities, it was only natural that Kristyl would gain a compassionate mind of her own, however, she had started down a different path compared to the two. Brought up within the Confederacy instead of the Order of the Silver Jedi alike her parents. Her role in the Galaxy and her training would no doubt hold sizeable differences as well.

Inspirational music

With a small smile the woman heard the young girl's response. It was only natural to think the story was silly. She was absolutely right in her assessment. The whole ordeal was a result of a man going into a demented frenzy. But that did not mean she wasn't more then ample proof of the truth of it. She narrowed her eyes and with a serious tone she added to the whole, an almost bitter edge to it:

"Fighting is never fair. Or good. He did the things he did and would have lived happily for whatever the consequence. Now we stand here and we will do better. That is what we fight for. You will do better then me still one day, I hope."

She stood with the sword in her hand. How long had it been since she last stood with the wood of a sword in her hand. Intend on training these basics without it already feeling like it was ground into her mind? Her hands tightened and as the girl found her way next to Diana, she started the first move. An overhead slash, stark downward and flowing with no hesitation into a horizontal one. Left to right, then a variation from right to left. She started again, letting the girl observe and copy as she spoke, between slashes:

"We fight so others don't have to. We struggle so others can be comfortable in their houses, knowing we will be there to make the day better. It is not about good or evil... Those are a matter of perception. You will learn to observe and evaluate. Then we can only hope that the just overtake the unjust, for everyone in the universe."

With a look at the girl, she continued the flow of moves. Standard moves that would last a while. Every time she would move her sword the exact same way. It would be almost like a dance, or a machine. The girl grinded to do the same as the wind swept through their hair. Then a new move, and another one, and another one. Patiently listening to the girl, if she had questions or anything on her mind, she would dutifully answer the question. As Diana would continue with move after move, she would finally ask:

"Now what will we do? You have strength in your arms left for hand to hand, or shall we do some meditation?"

-=The Emerald Flame=-

Kristyl Vaashe

K
~ Kristyl Arenais ~

Fighting is never fair.

Kristyl listened intently as she also did her best to mimic Diana Sophistica Diana Sophistica 's movements with the wooden blade. The notion of fighting being unfair was fairly straightforward, as typically it was only the bad guys that started fights as far as she believed. Did that mean that fighting dirty was something that Diana would be okay with?

You will do better than me still one day, I hope.

"Will I have to?" She asked, wondering why the sentiment sounded so final. The wooden training sword lifted high above her head, her left hand joining with the right to bring it down in a vertical slash, eyes glancing aside to Diana and then moving to produce the follow-up strike, slashing from left to right just as her Master had done. Finally, sweeping the blade from right to left and then returned to her beginning stance ready to repeat the combination of sweeping actions.

"Fighting so others don't have to. That sounds right to me" Kris spoke her thoughts plainly, liking the motivation behind having to do a dangerous thing like engaging others in what she presumed would be harmful to her or another. "That keeps it simple right? Keeps us in the right place, doing the right thing..." She elaborated, though sounding uncertain about her own words.

Again the pair began to start their combination of movements once over, Kristyl holding the base of the wooden blade in both hands, doing her utmost to move with hopeful grace, while her body language hinted at a clear lack of confidence within her movements too. Each foot was placed carefully, each swing of the blade done so carefully and slowly, patient and conscious of Diana's example.

Finally, they slowed to a stop and then her Master spoke, asking about Kristyl's willingness to continue.

"I haven't done a lot of hand-to-hand...-I'd like to continue if that's okay?".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom