Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Lore The Toydarian Prince Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: A long lost family member from a planet I've never been on conacted me and told me to do this so I would get 10 million credits transferred to my bank account but only after I transfer 10.1 to them first.
  • Image Credit: Holomessage screenshot made manually by yours truly.
  • Canon: n/a
  • Permissions: n/a
  • Links:
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Media Name: The Toydarian Prince Scam
  • Format: Mass holomail
  • Distribution: Common
  • Length: Short
  • Description: Toydarian Prince Scams come in one general shape, of someone from a planet you've probably never heard of telling you that you're entitled to a large sum of money because a family member you never knew you even had, has perished. However, the only way to receive said payment, is by paying legal fees of usually outrageous amounts, in order to free your so called inheritance up. While this is the most common form of the holomessage, many more exist, such as the beneficiary scam, the long lost twin, and the winner of lotteries that never happened. It is believed that these scams were originally came from Toydaria, and although many other planets have acted as sources for these scams, they still have the umbrella term of Toydarian Prince Scams.
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Author: Unknown
  • Publisher: Unknown
  • Reception: Though most holonetwork users know by now to just delete it, or have their spam folders delete it for them, it is estimated that Toydarian Prince Scams roll approximately 50 billion credits around the galaxy, annually.
FORMAT INFORMATION
It's spam. Holospam. That most of your characters are most likely to have received several times over their lifetime.

EVENTS (Optional)
n/a

CONTENT INFORMATION
snVBrN.jpg

snV555.jpg

snVAVX.jpg

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Scams of this kind have been around for as long as sentient life has been able to send messages. Different variations of the scams are even found on worlds that have yet to be exposed to space travel, including ones in which local populations live in caves but know how to write on their walls.

Modern day scams date back to thousands of years ago, yet it appears that despite the amount of time it's existed, local authorities are still complete and utter chit about stopping them. Several cells have been arrested and even executed, but for each one taken down, it is estimated that at least another dozen pop up.

No one is entirely sure why the Toydarians reign supreme in reputation when it comes to these type of scams, but only that this has been the situation since the Gulag Plague. Prior to that, it was the Neimoidians that were mostly blamed for this.

While everyone that has holoaccess should know what these things are, it's still surprisingly not too rare to find people that have fallen for this scam. Estimations are that the Toydarian Prince scam roll about 50 billion credits galaxy-wide, annually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom