Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Tournament of the Stars

So taking a leaf out of the large success that the Tournament of the Cauldron has had, I'm making a new tournament. One specifically for space combat.

I'm still working out a few details, but here's a rough idea as to how it'll work. The starting matches will have 2,000 meters to play with. From there, it'll ramp up considerably. The more people involved, the larger the Championship fleet battle will end up being. If I get enough of a turn out, I might structure it as a 2v2 tournament, or the Championship round might have the two semi-finalists picking 1-2 previous participants to help them in the match.

Like I said, the exact mechanics and break-down aren't set in stone since a lot of it will depend on how many folks I can get involved. The only thing I do know is that I'd prefer it be double elimination, which means that just because you lose in Round 1 doesn't mean you can't get the championship.

So. Who wants to take on the Tournament of the Stars?

Estimated Start Date: 5/16

The Set-Up So Far:

No experience required
All are welcome to participate
Victory determined by multiple factors
Tactics are judged more heavily than simple victory
Ships will not be lost during the tournament
Unique ships will not be allowed for use in the tournament
An award may or may not be handed out at the tournament's conclusion.

The Participants:
Ashin Varanin
Malachi Zan

Kage CC-743
YubYub the Vengeful
Spencer Jacobs
Pollux Alrai
Darth Voracitos
Friedrich Stahlmann
Lord Daemos
Ayumi Pallopides
Cypher

Miles Varden
Shai Daw
Antares Windu
Jared Ovmar
Vykon Halke

It will primarily be a fleeting thing. However, I suppose a few more details are necessary.

The victor of the match will not be determined solely by whose fleet took the least damage, or even whether or not you crushed your opponent. It's going to be in large part determined by professionalism and tactics. If you come up with some outstanding tactic, even if you don't "win" the fight, you could end up winning the match if the other person just used brute force.

This won't be something that you or your faction will lose ships over. However, for fair play, no unique ships will be permitted. At least not until the Semi-Finals. Depending on who all is involved, I might open it up to unique ships for those last few matches.

I'm considering possibilities for folks who like to pilot but not necessarily fleet. I'm open to suggestions.

@[member="YubYub the Vengeful"]
Then do it.

@[member="Ashin Varanin"]
And we have the infamous Ashin involved already.

----

Folks, don't be afraid to participate either. All levels of experience are welcome, and you lose nothing by participating.

Yes please! I've discovered I like tournaments :)

Are these non-canon or canon fleet duels? If they are canon and unique ships aren't allowed, I'm probably not going to be in it. 'specially since I'm a ghost ship with untested fighters... so I'm not even sure my ship works like I hoped it would yet.

@[member="Darth Voracitos"]

If you want to participate, I encourage you to do so. As for the question of are these matches canon or not... That's still up in the air. Regardless, will bend over backwards to ensure anyone who wants to participate can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom