Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Third Stage

She breathed in through her nose, then out again hard. Chewed on her bottom lip. The inside of her cheek.

"Alright. I agree."

Her arms had gone crossed over her chest at some point during this engagement, but now she uncrossed them. Stepping in toward Julian, his shadow where it lay in the fire, basking. She held out her right hand- bandaged, misshapen- but unwavering in the air between them, her eyes locked on his.

"Do it. I'll give you both what you've asked. My word as a Vizsla."

She didn't know yet if she would take it, or what she would do with it if she didn't. But leaving it there, like this- this was untenable in the long run. If she chose to not accept it back, at least she wouldn't be haunted in her paintings. Perhaps she'd never paint again if she went that route.... perhaps she would. But even never painting again would be better than the disturbing and dark images that seemed to materialize on her canvases since she had been brought back.

Would it be better, to make her peace as she was now? Dutiful but indifferent? Or to have him and the shadow return it to her, however it had changed?

She didn't know yet.

But anything had to be better than this.

[member="Julian Imani"]

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
[member="Tamara Wren"]

He stepped on towards her.

The shadow behind him followed. It climbed its way past his leg, before circling around his arm. From one moment to the next the arm was covered with ink shadow. A mixture of blackness and flesh. Skin touched skin touched spirit. Maybe she'd get a surge of new sensations. Hints of the life in the Nether. Not from the perspective of a soul lost there, but one of a native predator.

A hunter of the Nether.

"Bargain made." Jul confirmed softly. That shake extended itself there, prolonging the touch and feel.

Something coalesced in the Force. Something ancient.

There would be a sensation there for Tamara. An understanding. That her word might be good. But that there were more assurances in this pact of theirs. Things to keep her word for. "Now. Finish da food, yah? After da... ya can show me ya journey. Ya tats. One part bargain done."

Apparently Julian wanted his part today.

It went farther than a shake. A grasp, fingers around wrists, firm but not simply in the physical. She felt it alright- untrained, but not blunted. Opened eyes in that regard, even if they had been, by and large, half lidded since her return. They had to be. Wide open would have kept the parts of her missing and broken too clear edged. Every blink would have drawn lids against shape edges, jagged ends. Torn and barbed.

She felt the sensation skitter across her skin, like the warning before lightening. They'd find it, the sensation of a hunter wasn't alien to Tamara. This one was different, the warp and weft of the weave disparate, at an angle to the rest of the galaxy she knew. Darker. Deeply predatory. But it wasn't aimed at her..... for now. A piece of her, to track, to follow. To retrieve. But not to rend, not to tear. To restore. Would that attention shift once its side of the bargain was fulfilled?

She didn't know. But she didn't flinch or pull away, just looked up at Julian, face grim and determined.

"Bargain made," she echoed.

And only blanched slightly when he continued.

"O-oh. You mean now?"

Yes, he very much did.

A nod then, curt, withdrawing her right hand from his.

"One part done," she agreed, though the misgivings were clear on her face. She didn't back down, or try to back out. It was one thing to agree to show him her tats- all of them- quite another to actually do that with someone she barely knew. No one had seen all of them. It was.... deeply personal.

Suddenly she didn't think she was much more hungry. Stepping back, she picked up the cup, taking a deep sip, draining the tea. Using the motion to hide some of the trepidation. She put it down carefully, turning it slightly, absently aligning the handle against some invisible point.

"I'm ready now. Um." A slightly flush. Then, firmly. "Not your shadow. Wasn't his bargain." Her jaw set slightly.

[member="Julian Imani"]

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
[member="Tamara Wren"]

The flush was unmistakable.

It was... amusing to him.

Immensely.

But to her credit she didn't flinch away. Brave one, that. She kept on going and then actually bend the terms to her 'advantage' here. Now that was something that impressed Jul. Not many would have the clarity of mind to do so. Not that... there had been a risk there. As Julian pulled his hand away, Shadowman actually disentangled itself slightly from his arm. Enough to show a head, one large eye staring up at Tamara.

It actually... tittered something.

Indignant enough that Wren would hear that indignation. It was one of the funniest things Julian had ever seen, the laugh following was genuine and warm. "Oooooh, jus' 'is expression... da gold. Tank ya, Tam, for da."

Rubbing away a tear.

"Dem's be da bargain. You an' me, no more. Done." The mirth coming off of Julian didn't seem to do much for Shadowman's mood. It jumped out of his skin. Then fluttered away, melting into the shadows. Julian smirked at the shadows around them, but didn't say anything more. No point in poking him too much. That would make him grumpy for days to come. "Lady la, I been ready da moment I touched ya arm, le-go."

He offered his arm to her.

Leading her up the stairs and the exploration of history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom