Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Thinnest Threads

sith-red.png

Those skilled in Alchemy and Sorcery were often the type well know. Darth Arcanix. Darth Carnifex. Darth Scolipsis. The list went on in Vazz's mind. Information was important. Knowing things was important. So was not being known. Vazz didn't want to be known if he could help it. His power, his strengths, they came from being unknown. That was the life of an Assassin, of an illusionist. It's also why he was here. Not every Alchemist was known throughout the Galaxy.

He needed one such Alchemist.

"The Marionette, correct?" It was a desolate landscape. The outer worlds of the former Maw superpower hadn't been rescued just yet. The Alliance could not reach everywhere. From what he heard, bodies had been going missing. It made sense, from the rumors he heard. A ghastly woman. A necromancer. And a seamstress. The illusion that doubled as Vazz's appearance dipped his head in greeting. As a Defel, he could only exist as a shadow. Absorbing light, never truly having a face to be seen.

"I a request for you. If you have time."

Spindle Spindle

cpoESzT.png

Vazz Vazz

The end of the Maw hadn't been Spindle's first dance with displacement, nor would it likely be her last. It was unfortunate, to be sure, but not without opportunity. The scavenger was more than happy to pick over carrion for her craft.

Company was unexpected, though not unwelcome. Corpses and ruins were poor conversation partners, though they had such secrets to share in their own ways. Such was the case with her current subject. The armor they'd died in suggested a warrior and yet the state of their hands suggested they'd never seen a blink of labor. How puzzling. A mystery Spindle was keen to solve as thin threads were sewn into the corpse's flesh.

"The Marionette, correct?"

The spindly specter glanced up from her work, studying the voice's originator with careful scrutiny. A face of falsities, she noted, but for what purpose? Yet another mystery to solve.

"That fully depends on what you ask of me, dearie." She responded, posture straightening to her full height, a hand drifting to shears nestled lovingly on her belt. She had more traditional weapons, sure, but why resort to such nuisances immediately? "What can I do for you?"

cpoESzT.png

sith-red.png

"Clothing."

It was, on the surface, a simple request. She'd noticed the illusion for what it was, but it still smiled it's smile for him in his place. It was easy for his body to hide in the darkness around him, but he got rid of the other layer of illusion that covered his clothing. All the illusions around him faded away, leaving just his shadowed form in the black poncho he wore.

"I want something that can blend with me as I do. It's a pain to have to layer illusions on myself while also creating others."

Spindle Spindle

cpoESzT.png

Vazz Vazz

At the mention of clothing, any animosity or tension held within the near-skeletal body melted away, a thin, too-wide grin spreading along her face. Another project of her favorite variety, with a puzzle to solve with it, too. How delightful.

"Clothing, you say? That is certainly within my realm, yes." Dark eyes raked over the shadowed form, eyeballing measurements, considering trims. Thin pedipalps of fingers clasped together with tiny pops following the movement of each phalange. "You're going to have to be more specific, though, dearie. Are you wanting another poncho? A full outfit? Perhaps something formal?"

cpoESzT.png

sith-red.png

"I suppose having a full outfit with the poncho would mean I'm just only wearing a poncho."

There was a chuckle from the Defel before he layered another illusion over his form. The same as before, but this time for the ease of at least giving his form substance to actually be measured. He had a feeling it might be helpful, at least. "I don't need formal, though. Wearing a suit that absorbs light as I do will go just as unseen as I do."

Spindle Spindle

cpoESzT.png

Vazz Vazz

"Not necessarily, the possibilities are practically endless. Pants, skirts, tunics, shirts...It all depends on what you want."

From a satchel, the Nagai's needle-like fingers withdrew a small, stained journal, followed by a pen and measuring tape. She jotted down a few preliminary notes before looking up from the page. "I can measure everything, too, of course. It's always lovely to have a repeat customer."

cpoESzT.png

wmR3uHL.png

"Feel free to take all the measurements you need. I don't plan on asking for anything fancy, but it's not a problem to have back ups right?" He shrugged just a little, but the smile on his face grew as he glanced to the journal in her hands. "How many repeat customers do you have, Lady Spindle?"

Spindle Spindle

cpoESzT.png

Vazz Vazz

"Lovely." She started with the head, wrapping the measuring tape around the forehead, making a note of the numbers, and penciling them in before moving on. Then came the neck, then the span of the shoulders. "Hold out your arms...flex them a moment," the short directions continued, near whispered.

"Ah ah ah It wouldn't do well to reveal my clients' secrets, now would it?"

cpoESzT.png

wmR3uHL.png

He held out his arms, flexed at the request. And snickered, just a little.

"The seamstress is also a secret keeper? I admit, I didn't expect you to be attached to secrecy. Many wouldn't think twice on the things they say around those of more hands on work."

Spindle Spindle

cpoESzT.png

Vazz Vazz

A smile stretched too long, too thin along the Nagai's darkened lips as she jotted down the latest measurement. "With secrets come power. I like power. You'd be surprised how many are loose-lipped during a fitting." The Weaver reveled in those moments, a silent presence busying her hands with pins and chalk, taking pains to appear preoccupied with adjustments and modifications while her clients continued discussions with compatriots via holo.

Not a fly on a wall but a spider spinning its web all while the fly rested oblivious. "Perhaps you have secrets worth sharing? Anything you'd like to get off your chest?"

cpoESzT.png

wmR3uHL.png

"As you've said, secrets are power. Weapons and tools. That's my line of life after all, I can't be giving away too many of my secrets." Once more he chuckled, grinned an invisible grin. He wasn't surprised she wasn't going to share. Even if people didn't pay attention to the words they said around her, it wouldn't take long for them to realize their secrets had been exposed by her if they were used.

There were ways to avoid that, but that involved trust. Sith didn't trust.

"I mix hotsauce into basically anything I can. Eggs, pasta, even Caf. I like the heat."

Spindle Spindle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom