Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Temple Of Provenance

sith-red.png

Provenance. Genesis. Beginning.

She was hoping any of these names would resonate with the individuals she'd invited to arrive. The Sith Academy on Dromund Kaas was no more. As a girl, this had been her second home. Where she learned what it was to be Sith. Met her friends, allies. Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin . But times changed. After the Ashlan's failed purge of the Sith, the temple had been desecrated. And while it wasn't too difficult to remove their influence after Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex had led the reclamation of the Holy Worlds, rebuilding what had been lost wasn't something that interested Alina.

It was time for change.

Korriban, Jutrand, they would house the new generation of Sith and ensure their progression. This Temple would instead be a place for those already trained in Alchemy and Sorcery to continue to hone their crafts. Those of exceptional skill would be sent to Zoist, of course, but here they would have all the funding and materials they needed to keep their work progressing. All to supply the Sith Order with their dreaded crafts. It's what Alina aspired to make. A Temple that doubled as a facility to fund the Sith war machine.

But she needed those who could create. Alina had invited many, but there was one in particular she was hoping to speak with above all else. A friend, from the early parts of her life. From before she was Sangnir.

Melydia.

She smiled faintly at the early memories. Times changed, but old allies could still remain. The Temple was open to all, of course. Anyone could tour through it, and perhaps they could find their own work sponsored by the ruler of Dromund Kaas.

Melydia Gold Melydia Gold

cpoESzT.png

TAG: Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

Melydia was never one to turn down an invitation somewhere. Call it a flaw, call it an eagerness to find friends wherever, call it whatever you'd like, she was more than easy to summon if only one knew how to find her. That itself wasn't a particularly difficult feat, either, for the insects under her friendship were numerous indeed.

Nevertheless, the insectoid was pleasantly surprised to receive a summons, ecstatic even. A place to create would forever be enticing, doubly so when offered by an old friend.

Alina...She who Punches, if Melydia's memory was accurate. She couldn't help but wonder if such a title was still accurate - there was one way to find out, at least. Hopefully, time had been kind to the former compatriot. If it hadn't, well, Melydia would always offer to fix what she could. As she'd demonstrated many times over now, she was quite good at fixing, by her definition anyway.

There was an inkling of nervousness that grew a pit in her gut as she approached the temple. What if her friend had changed beyond recognition? What if a familiar face was now a familiar nightmare? All questions that wouldn't be answered by remaining outside.

With a quick, steadying breath, the buggy one skittered past temple doors, wings giving a flutter as she called out. "Hello? We are searching for our friend. Or past-friend. Hopefully not that, though. We would like to keep a past-friend also a present-friend."

cpoESzT.png

sith-red.png

"We are certainly not a past friend, I promise that."

Alina wasn't far. She was admittedly eager to see Melydia again. There were few who could shape flesh so well. The usage alone was enough to put a smile on the Sangnir's face, but there was something particularly warming about hearing Melydia's unique way of speaking. Like old memories come back to light. She had been a vastly different person when they last spoke. Though Alina didn't look any different despite it.

Just the black eyes and the paler skin. From her resurrection and her Sangnir transformation, respectively.

"It feels like it's been ages. How have you been, Melydia?"

Melydia Gold Melydia Gold

cpoESzT.png

TAG: Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

"Friend!" Another flutter of wings saw Melydia draw close to the old ally, familiarity suggesting a hug would be the next course of action, the setting encouraging her otherwise.

"We have been...well, we have been." Spined shoulders gave a short shrug. Always busy, always buzzing, questions of being seldom crossed the sithspawn's mind long enough for a true moment of introspection. "Just as you also seem to be. We have not seen any of our other more long-lived friends in quite some time. By our count, it's been at least 5." Days? Years? Lifetimes? Who could say?

"Do you still keep in contact with the others? Or have you found a new hive?"

cpoESzT.png

Swathed in black robes, Marcus emerged from behind a crumbling pillar. Rumors of a new academy being built drew him here. While his parents had taught him a great deal, Marcus' Sith education remained unfinished, something he hoped to remedy.

Realizing that a reunion between two old friends was taking place, he gave them a few minutes to get reacquainted, observing from a distance. Only then did he approach.

"Excuse me," he said. "Do you know where I can find Alina Tremiru?"

sith-red.png

"Yes, but no. I have been.. Indisposed for a good number of that five. How much, I'm not truly sure." How much of whatever the number meant, anyway. Death had taken a lot of time from her. "But it is still the same hive. Quinn is currently away, though I imagine she could be back whenever she'd wish to." Quinn did have her own affairs to handle, especially now that she was a teacher within the Korriban Academy. She wanted to make a name for herself, one more than the Varanin.

"There is business as to why I asked you here, but that can be addressed later for certain. Though-" She turned her gaze to the one that had approached. Smiled, just a little.

"That would be me, child of Dinn. Do your parents know you're here?"

Melydia Gold Melydia Gold | Marcus Dinn Marcus Dinn

Marcus studied the white-haired woman as she gave him the ghost of a smile. She had a very strange presence in the Force, almost a void. It was difficult for his visions to parse the emptiness, which was why he failed to recognize her as the one he was seeking. She, on the other hand, knew who he was immediately. Unsurprising, given the resemblance between him and his father.

"That would be me, child of Dinn. Do your parents know you're here?"

"Not yet," he answered. "But I'm sure they wouldn't mind." Bowing respectfully, he introduced himself. "I am Marcus Dinn. I've come to learn more about the new academy." Turning to the bug-like creature accompanying Alina, he smiled and bowed again, this time even lower to account for her smaller size. "And you must be Melydia. Arcturus sends his love." She and his father had been great friends, he knew.

cpoESzT.png

TAG: Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru | Marcus Dinn Marcus Dinn

Melydia's brow furrowed. So many questions, not nearly enough answers. Oh well, that meant they'd just have to find the answers themselves. "We do not believe we have met this Quinn, though if they are friend to you we would hope they are friend to us." The collection was ever-growing, a state of being the Sithspawn would hope never changed.

The exchange of pleasantries shifted as a new figure entered the conversation. With another flutter, the insect shifted more to Alina's side, opening up the conversation physically while Alina and the newcomer did so with words. The crease in her brow deepened as she scrutinized the youth, trying to place the more than familiar face with an unfamiliar voice.

While 'son of Dinn' rang no bells, recognition sparked as the newcomer addressed Melydia herself. "You know the man of sand?" Her voice was just above a whisper, quickly crescendoing with a buzz of excitement. "Is he here as well? Alina, we could get the whole group back together again. Return to the valley! Make more friends!" The days of tomb raiding in the Valley of the Dark Lords and beyond held a special place in her heart.

cpoESzT.png

sith-red.png

Alina raised a brow right up.

"This is not an academy. Korriban is where you should be if that's what you're looking for. This is a facility for Alchemists and Sorcerers to progress their work for the betterment of the Order, is more or less the sales pitch anyway." Ah, that's right. Ishani. Arcturus. They'd looked for Arcturus together, once. Her gaze shifted, half expecting to see the Sandman here, somewhere. But alas, no. No sign of the man. She clicked her tongue. Perhaps another time, if Arcturus was still alive anyway. Given Ishani's nature to defy death though, she doubted either of them would ever stay dead.

Unless it was together.

"Quinn, I'm sure, will be a great friend for you Melydia. She could talk to you about how you make friends. .. Oh, actually, I could, too, now." She raised a hand, just as a small, batlike creature with only an eye for a body, fluttered down to her palm.

"I've finally begun to make my own. And of course. Korriban is once again Sith territory." Those were old memories. Still fractured, but even having Marcus here helped piece them together by reminding her of his father's face. She smiled, just a little.

"You know the man of sand?"

"He's my father." Recalling what Arcturus had told him about Melydia, he realized the concept of traditional parentage might be foreign to her. "He... helped to make me," he added by way of explanation.

"Is he here as well? Alina, we could get the whole group back together again. Return to the valley! Make more friends!"

"No, I'm afraid not. He has some business in the Netherworld to attend to." He hated to dampen her enthusiasm, but it was the truth. Even Marcus was miserable during his father's absences. Alas, nothing could be done about it. The Sandman would have to return on his own time.

"This is not an academy. Korriban is where you should be if that's what you're looking for. This is a facility for Alchemists and Sorcerers to progress their work for the betterment of the Order, is more or less the sales pitch anyway."

Marcus looked up and beyond her to the ruins of the temple. He imagined what the place would look like fixed up, and smiled. "I'll keep that in mind. Is it still called the Royal Academy of Korriban?" His gaze flicked back to Alina and her bat-like creature. "Nice 'spawn." For a beginner, anyway.

cpoESzT.png

TAG: Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru | Marcus Dinn Marcus Dinn

Spined shoulders deflated a tad with confirmation that there would not be another reunion of friends. Ah well. Another time, hopefully. It was good to know he was still around, at the very least. And in the Netherworld...that could mean he was with Kal. The friend of shadows was another Melydia dearly missed. "A shame, we shall hope to see our friend another time."

A father...previous context would suggest the word was different from a creator. And yet, they served the same function. Perhaps the intricacies were something to ponder another day, considered yet almost immediately forgotten as more interesting matters came to the forefront.

"We shall have to meet this Quinn, then. More friends are always welcome." Especially with old friends spread throughout the galaxy. She eyed the batlike friend with interest, reaching a hand out as if to pet it. "May we?"

cpoESzT.png

sith-red.png

"Kor'ethyr is the name of the Academy now." A choice by the new King of Korriban Darth Caedes Darth Caedes . The Shifting Citadel was a fascinating name, and idea for an academy. She smiled a little, though, glanced to her creation. It was her first and only thus far, but she had better designs to make in the future. She held it out to Melydia, curious on just what she might do with it. "I'll be sure to invite her to come by soon. If you stay here, you'll certainly meet her sooner rather than later."

A reuinion, how heartwarming. The Homanan lurked in the shadows of the ruins simply listening at first though after the discussions ceased revealed herself. From the darkness emerged a woman with pale white skin, and even lighter eyes; dressed in black robes adorned with gold accents she pulled down the hood to reveal silver hair that shined in what little light was present.

"It seems as though you're a lady in high demand." The almost ghostly figure, matching Alina's appearence, though with a smidge less lifelessness in tone gave a brief curtsey and a bow of her head.

"I've heard tales of a new place of learning, rather practice for alchemy and sorcery emerging, it peaked my interest considerably. I take it you're the woman responsible?" Her dead eyes met with Alinas for but a moment before averting in a show of reverence.

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru | Melydia Gold Melydia Gold | Marcus Dinn Marcus Dinn

"The Shifting Citadel," Marcus quietly translated. It was certainly more intriguing than the pompous-sounding Royal Academy...

Armed with this information, he was about to excuse himself when a newcomer arrived. Marcus turned to face the silver-haired woman, watching her approach and ask a question. "I was wondering about that as well. Are you in charge of the facilities here?" Marcus asked, curious enough about the mystery woman to stay a little while longer.

cpoESzT.png

TAG: Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru | Marcus Dinn Marcus Dinn | Kyvre Zadar Kyvre Zadar

Melydia took the creature into her hand, the rest of the world all but disappearing as she studied the little thing. Her first instinct was to observe for items she could fix herself, though she made a note to not actually do so. This was Alina's friend to fix. Until a time when Alina asked for assistance, she would not intervene.

"Hello little one," the voice of multitudes cooed, taking a step back while yet another newcomer had questions for Alina. She was still within arm's reach of the friend, however. It wouldn't do to depart with the creation in tow. "It is not our place to name you but if it were, we would call you...Bigsby. Or perhaps Smallby, you are quite small. That's alright, we were small once, too."

cpoESzT.png

sith-red.png

"For the moment, yes."

Alina turned her gaze to the newcomer, briefly giving her a nod in return. It was good to see more alchemists arrive. "As the current ruler of Dromund Kaas I am quite invested in seeing this place prosper. When a proper candidate comes that I believe can lead this facility, it will be handed to them. But this is not an academy, not in the way you seem to think anyway. Make your monsters, work on your projects. This facility will give you whatever you need. Funding, supplies, subjects. In return the work you do is going to be used for the betterment of the Sith. Think of it as a.. Tech start up. The closest thing you'll see to a student is more or less an intern assisting your work. Competent enough to be of assistance, but still wanting to learn more."

Smallby on the other hand fluttered a little. The name certainly seemed to be appreciated. Alina snickered before letting her voice speak through the Familiar.

"Smallby is a good name. If you want to enhance them, you're welcome to Melydia. Just be sure to explain what you've done. I'd like to be able to learn."

Melydia Gold Melydia Gold | Marcus Dinn Marcus Dinn | Kyvre Zadar Kyvre Zadar

The strange woman shifted her gaze over Alina. "You look for one who can guide and oversee? How fortunate I am in need of a new sponsor." Her words were spoken with little inflection, her tone even and unchanging.

"I would propose this could be beneficial to us both, in more ways than you may think." The lifeless stare drifted up to meet Alina's eyes for but a moment. She then turned to see the other two nearby. "That is, if you're interested in mutual arrangements."

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru | Marcus Dinn Marcus Dinn | Melydia Gold Melydia Gold

Marcus listened to Alina's explanation of the facility. She claimed to be the ruler of Dromund Kaas. Marcus' parents had spoken of how they dominated a planet, only for the Sith as a faction to collapse not long after the conquest, virtually invalidating all their hard work overnight. Their holdings on Eliad, given to them by Darth Xyrah Darth Xyrah , had lasted far longer, but Marcus was still wary of the idea of being given rulership of a major world. It seemed such a fragile, transient thing...

The mysterious woman offered to become the overseer of the facility. She was bold, but perhaps Alina would appreciate that. Or it would result in her imminent demise. Marcus held his breath, waiting to see what would happen.

Last edited:

cpoESzT.png

TAG: Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru | Marcus Dinn Marcus Dinn | Kyvre Zadar Kyvre Zadar

Melydia's eyes widened a fraction with excitement with the leave to do as she pleased. There wasn't much she'd change on the fly, not without knowing more about the tiny creature and how it was meant to operate. Sharper teeth only did so much when your diet contained soft foods, after all. Still, the opportunity for creative liberty was always a bonus. "Hmm...we wonder what you eat, little one."

Her brow furrowed as she further processed the actual business of what Alina was looking for, contemplating the apparent void to be filled. "To oversee would mean to remain here, a job for a hive, should this place grow busy." And hopefully it would. All the more opportunity to help all sorts of Smallbys and Largebys, even Mediumbys.

cpoESzT.png

sith-red.png

Oh?

Alina smiled just a little, glancing between both Melydia and Kyvre. They both seemed interested. Good. That's what she was hoping to get. Interest. "Having a couple would be incredibly useful, yes. Someone to focus on here and the work done here while I focus on the other sections of the planet. What exactly is this mutual agreement? I've already laid out the terms of this facility and how those who work in it will operate."

Smallby though just tilted their head. They did not eat, and thus had no mouth. Just the giant eye in the center of their head that doubled as their body, and the two wings. Surveillance was their only real purpose, as the Familiars of old were once used for. At least as a starting point for Alina.

Kyvre Zadar Kyvre Zadar | Melydia Gold Melydia Gold | Marcus Dinn Marcus Dinn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom