Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Templar Order

The Templar Order Should....

• Stay the course as a full Non-Force User Crusader Faction

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Shift to the Dragon Age style of Templars

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
I know that many may have seen or been exposed to my recent behavior; behavior which I am appalled by, and have gone to the lengths of apologize to [member="Tefka"], and even having done so to a greater extent by apologize to the site for my recent idiocy. Though there are others that I still need to apologize to; for reflecting on my actions in the last 24hrs also pushed me to reflect on the behavior of the past few years that I've had while participating with this site.

Those that come to mind are [member="Jay Scott Clark"] and [member="Darth Metus"], as well as the whole of those individuals whom write in the First Order faction (while I still hold my opinion, I understand know that it is an opinion that should have remained private and shared with only those close confidants rather than publicly announced to the site as a whole).

Though I now come looking for feedback, and critique; along with the help that was being given and that I viewed as attacks on my own ideas and creativity. While I suspect that my behavior though may keep others away, I understand that I only have myself to blame should people decide not to respond or offer words of help.

I've come to begin to doubt myself about the Templar Order, mainly its direction and what it should be in regards to the Faction and its potential future on the site.

The original idea was to introduce a faction of Non-Force User Crusaders that were tired of the Sith and Jedi, and to a lesser extent Force Users in general. These people were meant to feel as if those that could use the Force were too powerful and needed to be reigned in and held accountable.

The idea evolved into a destroy the Force Users; though its inspiration from the Dragon Age series remained strong and I've always thought that it could still work with the core idea in which this Templar Order would mirror much of what is developed in Dragon Age. A group that essentially acts as the police of the 'special forces' (force lack of a better word).

I find though, that I am doubting myself as to the actions and if the Templars should stay the course, or if they should adopt aspects of the first rough draft.

So I am turning to the site for a new perspective.

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
Find what the faction wants. You can't force an idea any direction that the faction doesn't want to go. Just open source it, let it become what it will.

Otherwise it'll die real fast, because smothering.

Stay the Course.

It's what set you apart in the first place. It's what the folks who joined you wanted.

You have a really karking solid idea in your hands. Ride it.

I'll admit, I'm impressed.

You've dished out your fair share of salt, and I've spoon fed it right back. That takes stones to begin with. However, it takes even larger stones to admit when you're wrong and to apologize, not just to the guy with the red display name, but to everyone. That said, I apologize as well. I attempted to push your buttons a ludicrous amount, and while I fundamentally disagree with the way you voiced your opinion, you are entitled to it.

Truce? <3

Sibar Laval

S
[member="Amelia Sorenn"]

I honestly have no idea what you said about the order but I really don't care. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Dezoti

D
[member="Amelia Sorenn"]

Let me know if it goes more Dragon Age Templar. Krest would be interested.

[member="Amelia Sorenn"]

I have not seen muh threads out there with the Templars in them. The idea is solid the execution is not. I would advise setting a plot arc overall and then making a few factions threads to that end. Also try to jump into more open threads and see about some skirmishes. Like the Templars attack a Sith temple. The Templars attack an enclave. The more stories you write, the more visible you become and the more lore you have to add to your faction. I think that's what draws folks the most.

I like it, stick with it! Tag me any-time you need some opposition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom