Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Tables have Turned

Malphas blinked.

He took a step out of the turbolift when his Apprentice had finished speaking. Had what he said even made sense? Of course it didn't make sense to the Sith Knight, that was because he already knew who Anthony Norduin was. A relatively unknown One Sith Captain who had previously been a member of the Galactic Republic's Navy. He had defected, mainly so that he could one day unite the Galaxy under a single cause.

He refrained from striking Apprentice, but before he had actually past through the threshold, he said, "no."

And he spun around and a force push was released from his hand, throwing the Apprentice into the turbolift's wall behind him.

"He already had his duty as a Captain, and he's not a force user."

Turning away from [member="Metus De'cal"], he walked out of the turbolift and said. "at ease." And the bridge soon went back to whatever they were doing. There was an occupant in the Captain's chair and he stopped, folding his arms over his chest as he awaited his Apprentice's arrival at his side.

Metus was thrown back into the wall of the turbolift with a hard thud by the power of his master and the force, causing him to let out a quick grunt of pain before slowly rising to his feet. If this captain was not even a force user and was worth more than himself...no, it was his master either trying to get into Metus' head and create doubt or a simple bias in favor of someone [member="Darth Acarus"] actually respected. Either way the apprentice began to follow his master's footsteps, slowly and unsure as to if another attack was soon to follow. In the meantime the rest of the bridge resumed their work, and after a few moments he finally made it to his master's side.

He was about to speak, but found that it could only serve to endanger himself again...so his mouth remained shut.

The man that was within his chair soon rose with that sort of cocky smile that was usually found on the faces of those who knew they were untouchable, who knew they won every single engagement that they had ever been in. Unfortunately for Malphas, that was true in the fact about Norduin, but he knew that the man would never overstep his grounds, and he stepped out of Acarus's way without a word, simply a nod and a brief glance over [member="Metus De'cal"].

"Have you heard of the planet Tantorus, Apprentice?"

The apprentice in question looked at Norduin with a studying gaze, trying to figure out what made this man so special as to forever earn the master's praise, but snapped out of it when he was spoken to. Whatever made the man special would have to wait, for Metus knew that to seem distracted would put him in a position of weakness and get him possibly more punishment. He focused his eyes back on [member="Darth Acarus"], and spoke with his voice completely monotone.

"I'm afraid I have not my lord. My ignorance stems from a life that remained on Coruscant for most of it, and I never really sought out knowledge of other worlds. Forgive me."

Malphas nodded.

He had figured that his Apprentice would't have heard of his homeplanet. In some ways he was glad for that, at least it wasn't a widely known thing as of yet. But then again, there was less than a handful of people who knew what his true species was. That being like three people in the One Sith.

Amusing.

"Very well."

His nose flared in annoyance.

"Are you still as incapable of fighting as you were previously?"

[member="Metus De'cal"]

Metus felt a flare of anger rise at the idea of him being unable to fight, but knew that the answer he would have given to any other would mean suffering if said to [member="Darth Acarus"]. The apprentice took a deep breath and quickly exhaled, hands held behind his back while not breaking his stare.

"I was not incapable then nor am I now. I...simply can not fight on the same level of you and my betters yet." Metus' face was like a mask that lacked emotion as he tried his best to seem menacing, "Surviving on the lower levels of Coruscant alone is no easy tasks, but my survival skills were not focused towards using the force or weapons like a lightsaber. Until I am shown the proper way, I only fight on instinct."

"Yet you couldn't... Try to learn from the Libraries, other Sith?"

He shook his head as if to say he didn't want to hear any excuses, since he wore a hood, his head probably wouldn't have been seen, but it still definitely seemed ridiculous. Because of that, Anthony Norduin in his close proximity chuckled before turning and walking off to deliver unnecessary orders to occupy himself whilst the Sith Knight dealt with his Apprentice.

Acarus raised a hand as well as if to show his meaning as well.

"You will not always be in my presence. I will not be teaching you everything that you will know in the future. The knowledge of the One Sith is expansive, I expect you to use it."

[member="Metus De'cal"]

Metus heard the laughter and at that moment wanted nothing more than to grab the Norduin's head and crush it into a fine pulpy mess, but he simply fantasized about it while quickly exhaling in an exasperated fashion. No, he had not received much training during his short time in the order, but to say that it was out of a fear of approaching another Sith out of the blue was something foolish that would most likely earn [member="Darth Acarus"]' ire or disappointment. Knowing this one as much as he did the former was more likely, and with that would come trouble.

"I understand my master, and I will try to seek out others to teach me in your stead. Bit by bit I will eradicate my weaknesses in the name of our order."

He shook his head.

"No. In the name of yourself."

He was quite the devout follower of the Dark Lord of the Sith, but one had to serve themselves before that of the One Sith, no matter what most of the other members would think.

"What do you wish to learn?"

He took a seat in the Command Chair and he placed his elbow upon the armrest and placed his hand into his waiting palm as he looked out of the viewport ahead of the duo, and through that, the white streaks that was hyperspace. It would only be a few more minutes until they reached Tantorus.

[member="Metus De'cal"].

"What do you wish to learn?"

[member="Darth Acarus"]' question was a difficult one to answer, and as his master sat in his seat of authority Metus pondered the question, answering after a few moments of silence.

"I..want to make others as afraid as I am. And how to crush them in combat when they are weakened by it."

His desires were not that complicated, and what he wanted to learn in order to attain such things were not either. The apprentice simply wanted to be strong enough to strike down those that needed to be, and for now this man was the one who would help him do so. Once he had learned all there was to learn from this one Metus would then decide what was to be done, but for now his master was the gateway to greater things so his word would be law.

"Constructing and fighting with a lightsaber would be the best place to start my lord. From there I can build on the foundation to make something useful to you."

Malphas snorted.

"First, you do not tell anyone that you are afraid. That is one lesson you will learn in my presence."

He took a moment for acknowledgement and acceptance from [member="Metus De'cal"]. He expected it to happen, but if it didn't he would've been surprised. In fact, his pause may have seemed like he was at a loss for words if Metus didn't speak, but he was anything but.

How awkward that'd be, right?

"You will learn how to utilize a lightsaber when you're able to make yourself a weapon."

It was always best to learn how to protect yourself, before you used the ceremonial weapon that was the lightsaber.

One of the ensigns took a moment to say that they were nearing their location just as Malphas finished speaking. Of course, he didn't want to interrupt the Sith Knight.

It was an obvious point for him not to reveal his fear to his foes and to become strong, but as a Sith he overlooked the fact that even his allies would take advantage of it to hold sway over him and that it would be good for him to improve his own martial skills before mastering the use of a lightsaber. These were important lessons to the student from the master, and he bowed his head to show the understanding that he had gained. No matter what pity or disgust his master felt when looking at him, Metus would prove himself not only worthy enough to be his apprentice, but to be a true Sith.

"I am glad to have been enlightened my lord. I will work on making my body a tool to destroy our foes before forging a weapon to assist me in this, and seek more instruction and experience through the others members of our order."

He began to envision himself as a future force to be reckoned with, his imagination running wild with the possibilities that would be before him if he followed [member="Darth Acarus"]' instruction.

[member="Metus De'cal"]

Darth Acarus nodded.

That's what he had wanted to hear, acceptance of his teachings. He was glad that Metus at least aspired to be a figure that would be feared. It made him easier to mould, all he had to do was... Lie and he'd be able to manipulate the man into becoming his own personal weapon, right?

Maybe, but Acarus wouldn't do that. Not yet. Not until he proved himself and it'd be worth while. The man wanted to be a Sith, but could he really be a Sith? He seemed to be the sort of person who accepted orders, and submitted to others rather than giving them, and dominating them.

They would see and hopefully soon.

The Dark Blade dropped out of hyperspace, and the Sith Knight rose from the chair, as he stared at his home planet of Tantorus. Already he was moving around the chair and beckoning his Apprentice to follow him. "My home planet manufactures some of the weapons and equipment utilized by the One Sith.The largest business on the planet is my own. Tantorian Industries." He explained softly.

It was clear it left some sort of pride in him.

"It's primary duty is to build ships however. We head to the Shipyards."

No choice in the matter, he'd show his Apprentice what he had planned. There were two things that he wanted him to see. A possible reward for two people...

Metus listened to the master speak high praise of his company, and wondered just how wealthy his master was after all. To own a powerful company and hold a fleet as this would mean that [member="Darth Acarus"] was most likely an influential member of the Sith order, which would give him some sway besides what his already admirable power did. To be the student of such a man was a privilege, and one that the apprentice would not waste by proving himself too weak to serve and someday possibly surpass him.

"And what will be at the shipyard my lord? If I may be so bold as to ask."

Whatever they were doing there, it must have been something important if it was worth travelling this distance to reach it. Or was the master merely displaying these vast possessions to imbue even more respect into the already affected Metus? The only thing he knew was that it was something that had to do with making him more worthy of being a true Sith, which was all the reason he needed to simply follow for now.

"Ships, I should hope."

There was a shrug of his shoulders as if he had never put much thought into it. He could only wonder as to why the Sith Acolyte followed him so blindly, but he understood that the blind followers were probably the most dangerous.

To you and to your enemies.

Malphas hoped that in [member="Metus De'cal"]'s case, it was his rivals and opponents.

"I may have a mission for you by the end of this trip. However it'll be your overall mission throughout your tenure as my Apprentice." Then he turned, black cloak billowing out as he moved, and entered the turbolift with Metus once he had arrived, and descended to the Hangar Bay. It was a mission that now he had no time to complete, something that he believed Metus could complete once his true training had begun. "There will be multiple secondary objectives as well. Although these may be overlooked if the primary mission is capable of being completed at the immediate moment."

Metus followed his mysterious master with a look of confusion on his face, but knew to say nothing to question it. If his master had such a mission he was only to say where and when until he was strong enough to give the same orders to others. It was still curious though, as to what kind of mission would be so long-spanning as to occupy his entire time as an apprentice. Its importance must be astronomical, or possibly a simple thing to simply keep him out of [member="Darth Acarus"]' hair.

"I would be honored to carry this out for you my lord. Simply tell me the details and this task of yours will be completed."

There was nothing but silence from the Sith Knight while he thought of how to phrase his Apprentice's future missions for him.

The silence spanned several minutes. From boarding the shuttle in the hangar bay, to travelling the expanse of space and entering the Shipyards that orbited the planet of Tantorus. It shouldn't have taken that long, but he had gotten sidetracked as they travelled and had been staring out the viewport in the passenger room and had zoned out completely. Of course his hooded form would've concealed that, but it happened nonetheless. "My previous Master..." He started out slowly and it was quite clear that there was loathing behind the words as he continued, "is a traitor to the One Sith. As an Order, we do not take kindly to traitors and desertion."

His own aspirations aside of course.

"Your primary mission will be to hunt him down and kill him. Or to capture him, however I feel when I finally dispatch you upon your journey. You will learn everything that I know of him in time." He blinked, and turned to look at his Apprentice, and then the ramp opened up and the light from the Dockyard filtered into the room. It was time for them to disembark.

[member="Metus De'cal"]

As they continued along and [member="Darth Acarus"]' plan was laid out, Metus could only listen and wonder how a mere apprentice could take down the man that trained his master. As an enemy to the Sith it was by duty that this one had to be killed, but surely there were stronger ones out there for the task, or even that his master didn't want the honor of doing so himself. By then the student would hopefully be as trained as was promised, but doubts and a hint of concern was still lodged in the back of his mind. In the end it all didn't matter though right now, and wouldn't until Metus faced the enemy himself. On that day he would either conquer his foe, be killed, or simply flee and never show his face to the order again.

"You word is my command master. I simply hope that one day I am molded into a weapon capable of slaying the man who taught you."

Iroatas

I
Acarus nodded.

The apparent willingness of his Apprentice was something that he expected. It was pretty much necessary in every single Sith Apprentice when their Master spoke of missions and the like. "My supposed Master hardly taught me, my Apprentice. It was the combined knowledge of multiple Sith Lords, Masters, Knights and more importantly myself. Self-training is a significant factor in becoming stronger, Metus. Yes, it is true the battlefield is your best testing ground, but you will not test well, so to speak without practice."

They descended from the shuttle and Malphas led the way towards the closest doors.

"Am I wrong?"

It was as if Acarus was testing Metus. To see if he would question him, at least once. Perhaps it was better to ask something where their opinions would differ quite significantly... He would have to investigate soon.

[member="Metus De'cal"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom