Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Sun Never Sets... | First Order Dominion of Lothal

Progflaw99

“Each man delights in the work that suits him best.”
~ Homer, The Odyssey
Page_divider_with_gradient.png
Objective 2: The Sewers
"I'm just around the corner. Friendly coming out."

Castor's muffled voice was hidden beneath the mask of his armor, but transmitted clearly to the other members of the team. Ahead he could see both Nekghoul One and Nekghoul Two. Keeping one hand on the grip of his weapon, he kept the barrel pointed downrange towards the corridor that would lead them deeper. They were almost on top of their quarry now - the real question was could they continue unobserved? Castor raised a closed fist towards the others, signalling them to form up on his six. They needed to keep moving. Every second they waited was another second the Jedi rats in the tunnels below were able to prepare for the hell Sieger's knights were about to bring down on them.

"Let's take the next point, weapons free beyond here. Watch our six - this is their home, not ours. Rats that they are." he muttered as he trailed off.
[member="Marriskcal Lati"] | [member="Seto Du Couteau"] | [member="Suki Klev"]

Objective 1.

Madelyn nodded grimly in response to the Sergeant's instruction. Normally, she would've responded with anger to someone speaking to her in such a way. After all, she was the Governor. But, these were special circumstances. This Sergeant was no regular soldier in the Planetary Defence Force. He was a highly trained trooper, and more importantly, he was her rescuer. He'd got her this far, so she'd trust him to take them the rest of the way, and ignore the disrespect, insulting though it was.

The situation was quickly deteriorating. Below were the sounds of mayhem, as soldiers raiding the square waded their way into the embedded defences of the insurgents, passing hidey holes and sniper's nests as they made their way to the building to give the extraction team a chance to get her out.

There was a small kerfuffle as the private tried to get his Sergeant to take point. He was refused, and Madelyn thought privately that he should just follow his orders, as she was doing. But she didn't voice her concerns.

Screams, shouts, and thudding impacts of blaster bolts sounded from below. Amid the fire, several sets of heavy footsteps could be heard, rushing up the staircase. They needed to move.

[member="Omari Vyken"] | [member="Chubs"]

Captain
Objective III
Equipment | Blaster Pistol

Location | Lothal Space
Allies | [member="Racosidae"], [member="Felix"], [member="Primat Ren"]/[member="FN-2826"]
Status | That carrier has better not explode
chNP0tY.png

[SIZE=11pt]Kou’ha stood before the viewports, his eyes skimming Lothal with great interest. Though he was much too high up in the atmosphere to truly discern the ongoing operations taking place on the ground, he found himself curious about the ongoings happening planetside all the same. All around him, the other officers were busy on their holoscreens, processing the information that they were receiving from other starships, as well as from the ground. Though Lothal was officially under the First Order’s military control, there were still continuous reports of dissidents filtering in through the comms.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]It was the reason why his battlegroup was assigned to secure Lothal, after all. After Kaeshana, no one was taking any chances. Not even when the Alliance has been shattered and scattered. Every starship in the vicinity were on high alert.

Captain Escala,” the voice of his second-in-command came from his left flank. “We have received a request from the ground forces to provide aid to an out-of-control troop carrier. It collided with an unknown vessel and according to projected calculations, it is only a matter of time before it will pulled in by Lothal’s atmosphere.” A blip sounded and after a quick glance at the datapad in his hands, the other male added, “Update, the rear has caught fire.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Rescuing the troops from the compromised carrier was one thing, but even if the vessel were to disintegrate on reentry, the debris would still cause significant damage below.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“We’ll make use of the tractor beams.” There was a risk that the carrier would explode, but as the fire has broken out on its rear and not where the engines were located, it was a risk he was willing to take. “Deploy the starfighters and prepare the troops to receive the carrier.”[/SIZE]

Objective: II
Allies: [member="Castor Ren"] | [member="Marriskcal Lati"] | [member="Suki Klev"]

Ck1YmpF.png

Seto took a few steps ahead of his comrade, nodding in agreement with her assessment of the current situation. It was after all true that this planet had already lost their ability to properly fight a ground campaign against the First Order, let alone repelling them off planet. Now, whatever resistance left with those still capable to fight back would only resort to guerrilla warfare tactics. Or perhaps they did not expect the swiftness of our arrival and efficient progress of crushing their rebellion. Seto squatted a tad, his arm moved away from his chest as his fingers clutched his small flashlight and inspected the ground and wall around him for a few moments.

"Makes sense, answers why we haven't met any real resistance, almost as if they are tempting us to push forward and deeper into the sewers," Seto responded, trailing off as he stood back up and looked further down the darkened sewer. He turned around and gave Nekghoul One a reassuring nod, "-Name's Seto by the way, less syllables than Rak-" Seto abruptly turned around as he heard a loud deep sound along with a slight tremor throughout the sewer.

Oh. An explosive Seto guessed, and his comm-earbud erupted to life, detailing a bit more of the location of the explosion and finished scans of the pump house that was not too far away from them. With both of his arms outstretched ahead of him, the Force acted as a barrier as Seto slowly relaxed himself, hearing more information and that the integrity of the sewer remained steady.

"Ogre One, this is Nekghoul Two, copy on the new situation, over." Seto called in as he turned back to face Nekghoul One, "-We're all right here, and let us know as soon as possible on that other unknown mass." He added as he felt both of his lightsaber hilts land safely onto his palms. Seto gave Nekghoul One an uncertain smile, not all that keen of something large moving through these tunnels and sewers. "-Probably nothing." Seto wasn't sure if he set himself up to regret uttering those words, but hindsight always made any choice of words seem poor.

Their third comrade had emerged and joined up with them, no doubt this pump house has the remaining Jedi and Rebels that the First Order wanted. The newly arrived Ren Knight moved swiftly up ahead and directed the rest of them follow and form up behind him, their attack would be swift and strong. Seto refocused himself, he steeled himself as he formed up behind Rakghoul One. "Understood sir,"

I hope we can manage keeping at least one of them alive. Seto held out little faith on that front.

Ck1YmpF.png
356f5c6ed334adbcb49dfe3f9d1025c0.jpg

Praetorian Initiate
Objective II
Callsign: Nekghoul 1

Equipment | FO-07K Multi-purpose Assault Armour with Repulsorlift Technology, Vibrorapier, Training Lightsaber, DE-39 Maser Rifle, Throwing Knives, Binding Wires, Injector Pens filled with Lecepanine

Location | Checkpoint 1 (Catchbasin), The Sewers, Lothal
Allies | [member="Castor Ren"], [member="Seto Du Couteau"], [member="Suki Klev"]
Status | I'm actually rooting for the creature this once
oE8nQeb.png

[SIZE=11pt]All further conversations came to an abrupt halt when they both heard the rumble further away, which was accompanied by vibrations passing beneath their feet. Her HUD lit up, registering the movements happening along the tunnels even as loose stones fell around them and the puddles rippled. Wary about a possible collapse, the initiate took a step closer towards Nek– no, Seto, For a moment, Marriskcal thought that the conflict aboveground has spread and was becoming more intense – Surely those vermin are not that suicidal – but Ogre 1’s status report swiftly dissuaded her. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]They were.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]While her brother communicated with their agent, Marriskcal cast her own senses out in a wider expanse, making sure they would not be caught by surprise by the creature headed for their direction. Just what we needed, more trouble. Despite her brother trying to reassure her, and despite her also wishing that his words would end up being true, the youngling prepared herself mentally for the possibility of an encounter. “I hope it’s nothing as well…” He seemed like a genuinely nice person, so Marriskcal continued to worry about his lack of protection. What if the creature do appear on our path? What if it’s venomous?

As Rakghoul 1 drew close to them, the blonde stepped aside to let him pass, pausing as the creature and the first of the force sensitive presence entered the vicinity of her senses. Marriskcal drew back her senses and focused it purely eastward. “The heretics are on the move. From their current pace, they will soon encounter the creature Ogre One mentioned.” Which only meant that the jedi has also been alerted by the detonation and assumed it was an enemy who tripped it. They were either planning to strike at the intruders so they can continue to keep their location a secret...

Or they were trying to flee.
[/SIZE]

Huxy

[ Message Received ]
First Order Stormtrooper
Objective III
Equipment
FO-02 Stormtrooper Armour
Deep Fryer Rifle
Location | Lothal Space
Allies | [member="Kou'ha Escala"]
Status | Bored and Agitated, the Usual
chNP0tY.png

"So, what is it that you want to do with your life, Temp? After...all of this?" The white-armor clad trooper spoke to Tempest as they both sat there. The trooper across from him removed his helmet, revealing his chiseled jawline, long oily black hair which was tied back in a man-bun, and perfectly sculpted black beard. His name was Eight's, and he had been with Tempest for as long as the both of them could remember, right back to boot camp. Tempest's fist was clenched under his pale chin, he was deep in thought about the question. His steel eyes glanced up momentarily up towards Eight's, before shrinking back down towards the ground. It was question they had asked each other before, on the last day of training and boot-camp, before they had become full-fledged stormtroopers...that was six years ago. Back then, they had told each other they'd still be stormtroopers...though, that was six years ago. Now, things looked different. Back then, Temp had been dating Horizon...now they had broken up. Finally, Tempest responded. "Well, I want to stay in the military. Do I want to be a Stormtrooper anymore? That's...an entirely different question entirely. I'll say this, a year from now...I want to have felt like I've done something with my life. I've been mulling this over for awhile and, well...I've been thinking about going to to the Officer's Academy, and then from there...become an officer. I want to see more of the galaxy, I want to not just fight for it, but experience it."

"Tsk, really? Never thought of you as the officer type," Eight's replied with a slight chuckle on the edge of his tongue. Then their was a brief pause again, filled with silence, then Eight's spoke up once more. "I bet you'd do good as an officer, and future commander. As for me? I don't know...maybe retire, settle down on a farm, marry a girl. Simple stuff really." "You're no simple man, Eights." Tempest laughed slightly, before allowing Eight's to continue. "Yeah, haha. Honestly, the military life is fun and all, I love serving the First Order it's just...we're never sent where we're needed. Whatever happened to all of us, me, you, Horizon, Echo, Fox, and Juji? Remember, the 'Vornskr Gunners,' what we used to be called. What we're still called...but, it's different now. Some of us, like you and Horizon, fell away. And then theirs Juji, who died protecting Fox. And also Laito, Storm, Ulypsses...all who, all of which who are now MIA or KIA now. I just...wanna retire, marry a girl, and get a piece of land and a farm. Life's simpler that way, easier." Tempest reached out his hand, and placed it on Eight's shoulder. "Hey...you'll always have me, just don't shoot me." At that last remark, the two of them couldn't help but laugh at Tempest's remark.

*Prepare to disembark, Prepare to disembark* The alarms blared nosily, throwing Eight's and Tempest from their peaceful moment together. They'd have to save this moment for later, right now, they had to get down to the field and do whatever that they were assigned to do. Eight's and Tempest picked their helmets up almost simultaneously and put them on

Objective 2: In a building above ground, identifying monster
Allies: [member="Castor Ren"] [member="Marriskcal Lati"] [member="Seto Du Couteau"] [member="Max Fel"]
Post 2

The sight of the Lieutenant and his pocket of soldiers caused Suki to flatten down to onto the floor and away from any windows, and sure enough, a firefight erupted in the streets around her.

Her mind began to chatter: It’s not safe here. I should move higher into the building, maybe after I relay this intel...

Suki had brought a small scoped rifle and with stairs behind her she could go up, scan the streets for more rebels and shoot those who fired at the First Order.

A voice cracked through her comms: "Ogre One, this is Nekghoul Two, copy on the new situation, over." A beeping noise let the raven-haired agent know the organic shape had been identified. She peered into her datapad, the blue glow lighting up her puzzled expression.

“Ogre to Ghoul Team, the creature is a Nos Monster. Not sure exactly what its doing down here. Normally lives in sinkholes on Utapu.” Maybe a chemical abundant in the rigid mantle of Lothal made it prone to sinkholes, and if so, the team could have more problems than just rebels, Jedi and giant reptiles. And thinking of, she reasoned that she should describe the monster as the underground strike team might just see a dark shape with their own eyes.

“It’s long, as long as a small fighter, and looks like, I don’t know, a dragon or something. Be careful it’s heading straight towards you.” As Suki spoke, the Nos Monster lumbered out of its hole and roared, its exotic howl bouncing off of the durasteel of the sewage pipes causing it to sound like there were multiple beasts coming from all directions. "As far as I can tell it's only carnivorous, but not venomous." Perhaps a comfort?

“You’re on your own now,” she mumbled, crawling up the stairs with her gun, not realizing a rebel was also holed up in the same building hiding in the attic. “I need to move to a safer location, but I’ll still have my comms on listening.”

Was it a cowardly move to go higher, she mused taking one step slowly at a time? Are these the actions of a true operative or just some wannabe spy who was really born to do nothing more than sing lonely songs at Clivedens. As Suki pondered her heroics, the rebel's grip on his own blaster tightened.

Allies: [member="Omari Vyken"] | [member="Madelyn Lowe"]
Objective 2

Chubs blushed from behind the helm as the sergeant denied him. "Understood." He quietly mused, before brushing past the sergeant, and moving towards the roof. He did not look back at the Governor as he pushed up, knowing that his superior would have it covered. As he approached the roof, he felt his blood pumping. Ready to wipe out everything, and everyone who stood in his way. The weight of everything on his shoulders wore heavy on him. Sweat coalesced around his face. His knees were weak and arms like spaghetti. He could feel bile beginning to rise in his throat. The anticipation of what this mission was, the magnitude of it, now

Chubs sprinted to the roof, and immediately began blasting away. Four or so snipers sat on the roof, were wiped out. Two managed to turn around before they were knocked down by the repeated blasts of Chubs' rifle. The redhead then looked around, before pointing to the left of him. "Take cover!" He barked to Governor Lowe, gesturing at an air conditioning unit on the roof. He then turned around, eyes scanning the horizon the stormtrooper saw no immediate hostiles, and then took cover himself, opposite of the Governor to keep an eye on her, before peeking up above his own air vent. "Roof top secure!" Chubs roared over comms, "Awaiting extraction!"

Objective [1]
Concerning: [member="Chubs"], [member="Madelyn Lowe"]

As they hurried up the steps that'd take them to the roof, Vyken ascended the steps with his back to the other two, a crimson bolt ringing out to fly into an insurgent just as he was coming around a nearby corner. His rifle wasn't even close to being depleted he noted, and then he turned, ascending the rest of the stairs and out onto the roof just as soon as the private was crying out that it was all clear.

How'd this delusional kid make it into the Corps? Musta got the wrong stims, or somethin.

"DN-149 calling in. LZ secure. Package awaiting liftoff." Closing off the commline, slowly, the sergeant rotated around to face Chubs.

The adrenaline raced through him, but this was nothing. His body had been trained, conditioned to control breathing. There was a berate incoming, he wondered if the boy could see it coming, was aware of the verbal lashing he was going to get and when he opened his mouth, he stopped himself. There weren't any threats thrown. No re-conditioning implied, no public lashings, nothing. The mission was a failure, but they secured the Governor. So in the eyes of his superiors it was just another tag on a page and an annotated mission success. Craning his neck upwards to look into the heavens as if he could spot his fallen brother-in-arms watching over them.

The pain in her hand was still almost too much to bear. She staggered up the flights of stairs towards the roof, following the Private, and ushered along by the Sergeant. She moved in a daze, fresh blood still dripping down her ruined clothes, some of it her own, some of it the remains of the rebel obliterated in front of her. The fine mist had dried and was sticky to the touch, but larger globules still dripped slowly, disgustingly downward, still not entirely clotted.

It was revolting, she was revolting, but there was nothing that she could do except quietly follow the pair upwards towards extraction, wincing every scrape and thud from below, jumping as burst of blaster fire came from terrifyingly close by.

They reached the roof, and she staggered into the fresh air, tears of relief stinging her cheeks, crimson by the time they reached her chin and ran down. Madelyn wiped them away, putting another bloody streak across her sleeve, and slumped down. Too exhausted, in too much pain to do much more than sit.

Less than a minute later, a landing craft descended, and they wasted no time clambouring into the ship. She was struck by their professionalism, their prowess. It was no wonder the First Imperial Army was feared.

Blaster fire grew exponentially distant as they rose away from the building, and away into the darkening Lothal sky.

[member="Omari Vyken"] | [member="Chubs"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom