Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Subtle Art of Meditation

"How is the patient?" Alexia asked, stepping into the examination room. In the center lay a boy about seven years old, hooked to monitoring machines. He wore only a hospital gown, his exposed skin covered in a thin veil of sweat as toxins raced through his body. He had collapsed about four hours ago and was brought to the healing facility, where his parents were told he would die. That was before, of course, Master Preston selected him for a live demo. She was looking for those who may be interested or who may show aptitude in her special ability. Passing on her knowledge from one to another.

"Fever is 105 and rising. Heart rate at dangerously elevated levels. Displaying no signs on consciousness and we are unable to find a vein. Last blood tests from an hour ago show the blood is carrying the pollution to vital organs."

Alexia smiled. The boy's appendix had burst, and he must have gone on without complaining of the pain. He was quite young, of course. The perfect size, since he would not take long. She looked up towards the glass pane that separated her from the observation room she hoped would be full of future Sith learners. The case was simple enough, with two clear outcomes. She would save him or he would die, with no in between.

"Art of the Small is a subtle skill, and will take practice," she spoke. Alexia moved to the table, placing one hand on the boy's forehead and the other on his chest. He was barely breathing and the contact did not even make his eyes open. "But once you master it, you can choose how you wish to play God ..."

She closed her eyes, and the process began. Those using the Force to witness the events unfolding would experience a sudden void of the Force where the Sith Mistress' presence once was. She began by focusing on the boy's heartbeat, each double this becoming an all encompassing guide as her Force presence was compressed enough to feel the biological makeup of the child. Alexia moved from the heart to his bloodstream, filled with dark fuzzy molecules of toxin. She began to take them, cell at a time, and destroy them.

After an hour, the boy's heart slowed to normal.

And after three hours, as his fever abated, the color began to return to his cheeks.

And four hours into the process, a now exhausted Sith Master finally opened her eyes and took two steps back. Next to her on the table, the boy began to stir.

"He isn't completely healed," she said, looking at glass and wondering who may have the patience to stay behind. To see what could be accomplished. "But, he will live. Any with questions are welcome to join me," she said, lifting a hand to the side to indicate an entryway into the operating room.

@[member="Eruna Delmarra"] @[member="Balaya Zambrano"] @[member="Tamara"] @[member="Circe Savan"] @[member="Tormax Tryte"]

The Sith Lady known as Circe Savan gave a small amount of claps as she stepped into the room. "I must say, Mistress Preston, your work is most impressive. Not even out most advanced technology was able to help him. Then again, as one like myself would know, the Force can do things others could in no way pull off."

She smiled, stepping over and placing a hand on the boy's head, feeling his newfound willingness to struggle against what ailed him. "I would like to talk to you soon about things. I have work to be done in my sector, and you are very much so the sort of person I would be looking for."

@[member="Alexia Preston"]

The Sith apprentice, Eruna, had been sitting in the back watching Master Preston's demonstration. As boring as she felt it was it was still interesting info to have her little astromech, R7, record and store for later. When she watched the boy being healed she actually took more interest, seeing how easy it was for her to simply wipe away the poison inside him. When it was done Eruna made her way to the front to speak with @Alexia Preston. When both Eruna and R7 entered the room Eruna looked over the boy, seeing how much more healthy he looked, before looking to R7 and nodding. The droid began scanning the boy while Eruna walked over to Preston, who was speaking with @[member="Circe Savan"].

"Nice work, Master Preston." she said. "Must've taken you a heal of a while to get that skill down." she said with an interest to learn herself.

Tormax stood at the back of the room. He was indeed impressed by the demonstration..But she was a Sith Master. He walked forwards to congratulate the Master all the same. "Impressive work Master Preston. I could only hope to accomplish what you have." Let the ego stroking begin...
@[member="Circe Savan"]
@[member="Eruna Delmarra"]

@[member="Alexia Preston"] @[member="Eruna Delmarra"]

Balaya had remained silent while watching and in the corner. There was little to say while it went on and seeing a new master in the empire was a thing of interest. That it had attracted her apprentice and others ones she found amusing before she rose to her full height and walked forward letting the turadium gleam. She stood to the side of her apprentice while speaking and laughing a little. "Very nice and Circe is right her sector needs all the help afterall. Though I would invite you to Lord Krags sector it is a lot cleaner and you won't need to wash your hands after visiting it."

This would be interesting. Four bites so quickly after her demo. The Apprentices, of course, more timid in their desires than the others. "Flattery gets you everywhere," she responded to the male Apprentice. And to the female, she responded, "And it has taken over half of my lifetime, and I still learn every day. Those who are interested to learn of my craft must show patience and dedication above all else."

To the others, she posed a single question. "For your respective sectors, are you in need of a resident dark side healer, or is there a specific mission you require assistance with? Pardon my ignorance. I have been away from the goings on of the Sith for almost two decades."

@[member="Circe Savan"] @[member="Eruna Delmarra"] @[member="Tormax Tryte"] @[member="Balaya Zambrano"]

"Well you certainly don't look like you've been away from the Sith for two decades." She smiled, giving a soft chuckle. "I work with genetic engineering. You know, warping of life with a mix of technology and Sith Sorcery to form all sorts of abominations and whatnot. Your abilities with Art of the Small could prove to be exceptionally useful so far as things go with my experiments. Definitely useful."

It was true. Someone capable of greatly reducing her experiments' chance of failure would be very helpful indeed.

Balaya gave a nod, a darkside healer would be needed for the works they did on Thule and perhaps her skills would help solve the Emperors tinkering. Making sithspawn after all required patience but he now had a valuable resource. "Sector I could use a healer but more importantly we work on the Emperors projects. Your skills could be used to make the sithspawn he has envisioned and entrusted myself and Lord Krag to create using the subjects."

The soft hiss of the door opening could be heard over the brief pause between questions. Immediately, a large figure crossed the threshold draped in a sleeveless dark blue and grey overcoat. Beneath the overcoat, the figure wore only a pair of comfortable black pants and a belt containing his sword and lightsaber.

Silver-green eyes immediately swept the room before landing squarely on the object of their interest. A thin smile spread across Darth Ashmedai's otherwise stoic, impassive visage, but it dissipated when his gaze dropped back to the child on the table...alive but not awake. Ignoring the others in the room, the Sith Lord made his way to the boy's side and slowly ran a hand through his long hair. "So fragile. So much pain from such a...simple thing. It will be such a success story, for him."

Raising his gaze to Alexia for a moment, Cameron continued. "Except the success was not his own. He survived off luck. Luck that someone of actual power, strength was nearby. His body and his existence are no stronger for it. Shame." As he held Alexia's gaze, the Sith Lord briefly twisted the Force flowing through his body, influencing it to attack the cells composing his organs. Apparently entertained for no more than a few seconds, Cameron stopped and stepped around the boy's table to stand beside his mate.

Without prompting or warning, he briefly pulled her into a strong embrace and a warm, passionate kiss that she would no doubt have thoughts of resisting given what he'd just done. The moment lingered for only a few seconds before Cameron broke the embrace with a mischievous smile and stood silently behind Alexia, once again allowing his attention to return to the other inhabitants of the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom