Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The strength of our Bond

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
Lightsabers: Link!
When he raised his blade again, Valery knew he was ready for the third and final round. But he wasn't moving, nor showed any intention to do so. Instead, she felt him drawing on their connection and suddenly she began to feel heavier. Within a second, she knew what was happening — she had seen him do this on New Cov.
Her eyes widened and she began to draw on the Force as well to strengthen her body, trying to keep it from collapsing as the weight rapidly increased. It was tough to defend against even when not tired, but she was far more limited now. She didn't have the strength to use the Force to counter it.
So one option remained.
In a last-ditch effort to escape his attack, she threw her lightsaber, guided by the Force to strike him below the belt. That would sure make him move, right? And hopefully, break his focus.
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

The grin reformed on Kahlil's face as the lightsaber was thrown from Valery Noble Valery Noble 's grasp. He still didn't move. He didn't have to. The moment the saber left her grasp gravity took over, forcing the weapon straight to the ground barely a foot from her reach. His eyes opened enough to wink before he let the pressure on her go. The winner was clear. "You're doing pretty well for just giving birth."

n0m34qi.png
When she watched her lightsaber fall to the ground, she knew it was over. His wink only further confirmed it and soon after, the pressure dropped. But despite the relief, Valery collapsed down to hands and knees and began breathing far more heavily as her eyes dropped to the floor. She could hear him speak but there was no response — her limbs were trembling and a familiar pain struck her core like it had only once before.
She gritted her teeth and pushed herself up, wanting to ignore it and not worry him.
"Yeah, I think that went alright." She flashed him a faint smile and raised a hand up through her hair.
"But I can do better, I have to do better." She began to walk over and stopped just short of him, the pain she felt buried away and replaced with a warm smile again.
"You did great though. I think we're making progress."
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

Something was already wrong. Valery Noble Valery Noble collapsed, and Kahlil was immediately by her side, worry clear in his gaze. Had he pushed her too much too soon? He understood nothing of what it meant for a woman to give birth, and what happened afterwards. Still, she tried to stand. So he offered a hand to help her, smiling warmly. "Small steps." Not just for him. For her too, it seemed.

"We'll both make progress. Don't worry."

n0m34qi.png
Valery happily took his hand up and smiled at him. Whatever was causing her pain had not been because of her pregnancy — something else was wrong but she hadn't quite figured it out yet. Until she knew more though, she didn't want to worry others about it. She was already feeling better, anyway.
"I'm sure we will." She leaned into him and gently nudged him, a smirk on her face.
"I'm going to grab a shower and make us something to eat. I have an idea for our next step to recovery, but that will have to wait for another day."
n0m34qi.png

Kahlil_Div2.png

It was obvious he was concerned, but Valery Noble Valery Noble didn't seem to want to talk about it. Maybe later, he would. For now, he just smiled and nodded. "Sounds good. I'll join you." Kahlil cracked a grin before lifting Valery up to head towards the shower. Another day they could figure out everything that was happening. Right now? He planned to take advantage of the fact someone else was watching Vera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom