Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Stranger who Sojourns with You

Athsheva Rin

Yuuzhan Vong. Shaper. Exile.
Tagging: Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

The jungles of New Cov stretched out before her, a living tapestry of shifting foliage and chattering creatures. It was, in a single word, beautiful. As she walked through it, Athsheva Rin took the opportunity to breathe the air in deeply. After such a long journey through the interstellar void, breathing the same recycled air over and over, this was a welcome relief. A light smile played out upon her tattooed face as she tried to appreciate the goodness of this place while she could. After all, she would not remain outside for long.

One of the infidels had asked to meet with her. Athsheva's curiosity had once again gotten the better of her, and so she had agreed-- finally-- to meet in the covert facility that laid just ahead of her. The building was an ugly blemish upon the landscape, squat and grey, with duracrete and transparisteel making up the majority of its construction. A small part of her felt a brief glimmer of satisfaction as she noticed the vines and shoots that were already beginning to overtake the building's surface. One day, this place would be abandoned, and it would rightfully return to the wilderness.

But, until then, she had work to do.

Stepping up to the doorway, she paused. There was something that the infidels called a keypad by the door. Athsheva made a little noise of disgust as she reached out, pressing the passcode into the keypad, one number at a time.

The door slid aside, and she hurried inside. The fluorescent lights in the airlock flickered overhead; Athsheva grunted as she rubbed at her temples. She could already feel a headache coming on...

I find myself to be quite excited as I am notified of my guest's arrival. She is one of the Vong, and a Shaper, no less! I have spoken with a member of that race many months ago. At first I was fearful of him, but his decorum and wisdom changed my perspective. Now it is time to see if there were more like him. Their expertise could be a fine addition to my project.

I see her down the hallway. My guards hold their vigil at the doorways, but other than that they leave her be. I cannot help but smile as I approach, despite the fact that her features can give some people nightmares. My mother would be disgusted! However intellect does not cater to just the beautiful.

"Welcome to New Cov." I bow my head deeply as I stand before her. "I am Miss Liin Terallo. I trust that your journey here was a good one? And the jungles spared you from any trouble?" There is little doubt in my mind that the jungles and their creatures would favor the Vong over us. But we do what we can to survive on their world.

Tag: Athsheva Rin Athsheva Rin

Athsheva Rin

The human's smile went unanswered, but her approach did not. Athsheva watched her approach, shrewd gaze scrutinzing ever facet of the New Covvie's appearance. So far, the Yuuzhan Vong had only met a small handful of infidels involved in the strange, nebulous realm of business. Capitalism was a system entirely new to her, and the ever-shifting loyalties and requirements generated by currency did not sit well with her. At the very least, she could tell that Liin Terallo was a woman who prized control and poise; every step seemed measured, rehearsed, and perhaps even unnatural. She answered her bow with a curt nod.

"Welcome to New Cov. I am Miss Liin Terallo. I trust that your journey here was a good one? And the jungles spared you from any trouble?"

The Shaper waved her hand flippantly, dismissing her concerns. "The journey was fine. And the jungle was actually quite nice," she replied. One of the nicest things about this place, she thought, but the thought went unvoiced.

"But... as you humans say, let us get down to the business," Athsheva continued. She moved to walk alongside Liin, expecting that her host would begin the process of showing her the facility. "Explain to me what you do here. And what requires so much secrecy that you hide it in the wilderness..."

It does not surprise me that she had found the jungle to be nice for her. In fact it would probably come at no surprise to me if I was ever to learn of any small Vong colonies within the jungles of New Cov. However right now I do not believe that there are any.

As she starts to walk, I do the same, leading her down the hall. "As you may be aware, most if not all of the wars during the last few centuries are due in part to the Force wizards and their continued fight over who's magic is superior. It is my understanding that Force Wizards were first created via an experiment long before that. Much in the way that clones were created. But that exoeriment has run too rampant and unchecked, leaving near constant war."

A double-door is opened by the guards and I lead her into the brightly lit room. The laboratory houses a few Force Wizards floating unconciously within tanks. "Our work here means to reverse that experiment. And there are many Force Wizards that would seek to put a stop to it. The jungles of New Cov are highly dangerous and in that they protect the facility that hides here."

I wonder what her thoughts are in regards to what I have said thus far. And so I voice my own question to prompt an answer. "Do you think that you could help me achieve my goal?"

Athsheva Rin

Tag: Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

Athsheva listened quietly to the infidel's explanation of the Jeedai-- an explanation that she was fairly convinced was wrong. Too simplistic. But, in her experience, it was often better to let fools run their mouths. They always grew tired eventually.

One thing was certain; the ongoing conflict between the Seeth and the Jeedai had run its course. It was time for the children of Yun-Yuuzhan to retake their rightful place. If this was even a small step towards that goal, she could tolerate an overly chatty host.

As the doors ahead of her opened, the bright light from within caused Athsheva to grimace and blink. It was unnaturally white, clean and reflective. It took her eyes a moment to adjust... but when they did, the true purpose of the room became apparent.

Jeedai! Three Jeedai! And all hers, to poke and prod as she pleased, according to the woman at her side. The Yuuzhan Vong couldn't suppress the wide, fanged grin that threatened to stretch from ear to ear. A raspy little hiss slipped from her, the Yuuzhan Vong equivalent of a delighted squeal.

"Do you think that you could help me achieve my goal?"

"Oh, oh, yes, I believe that I can!" Athsheva laughed. Her former apathy was gone, replaced by sheer excitement. Unceremoniously, the shaper rushed forward, leaping over the guardrail of the second story and onto the first floor. She ran to one of the imprisoned Jeedai, pressing her face against the transparisteel like a child in a candy store.

"Give me the time and the resources I need, and I will find a way," she said excitedly, voice slightly muffled against the glass. Athsheva glanced over her shoulder, looking up at the business woman overhead.

"You can keep my fee. I have no need of currency. But you must agree to allow me full control over these subjects. No lines. No rules," Athsheva demanded.

I am delighted to see this different side of her. To watch her go from being aloof to being gleefully acceptive of what I am trying to accomish here. I know well enough that the Vong sees my laboratory and all of it's technoligy as an abomination. But that does not matter now.

I do not jump over the rail. To make my way down to the floor I make my way to the stairs and decend them. I do not answer my guest's request until after I approach her and the tank that she is virtually hugging. And when I speak I keep my voice quiet, yet in by no means lacking in strength. I am not about to be walked all over in my own laboritory. This facility and all within it are mine.

"You will have the time and the resources needed. And there will be a small set of rules that work in conjunction with the goal of this laboritory. They must not be killed, nor will they be tested to see how much pain they can tolerate. Is that clear?"

The last thing that I need is for other Force Wizards to find this facility and to raze it to the ground.

Athsheva Rin

Tagged: Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

Her host's response was... less than satisfactory. The happiness dripped from the Yuuzhan Vong's face, first replaced by annoyance, then exasperation. Slowly, she released her hold on the tank before her, instead turning herself to face the human fully.

"Ah, well... It seems I need to correct a misunderstanding between us," Athsheva sighed regretfully. The Shaper clasped her hands together, wringing them slightly as she mulled over her words. She would try diplomacy first. Intimidation later.

"I understand that infidels such as yourself struggle with the idea of applied pain." As she spoke, the woman also gestured to emphasize her words. "It's the major weakness of your civilization, frankly. But it will be necessary to apply pain in these experiments. A great deal of it, in fact. Pain may be the only thing that can separate these wizards from their sorcery."

She lifted her hands, already anticipating the human's objection. "I have no intent of killing them, or damaging them beyond repair. A dead or debilitated Jeedai is no more useful to me than it is to you. But I must be allowed to find the limits of their tolerance."

I do not appreciate being called an infidel. And so I quickly respond to that comment. "My name is Miss Liin Terallo and I expect to be addressed as such, and not as an infidel. I understand that some people have a superiority complex and it is not just with your species, but within my own as well. Still, if we are to be working together on this than there must be some respect on both of our parts."

I listen to her further exolanation and I cannot help but agree with her on some aspects. Yet deep down in my gut I feel within myself a sense of foreboding. Perhaps there is some parts of this study that I should not observe.

"Very well. But if I feel that a line has been crossed I will pause the experiment. Is that understood?"

Athsheva Rin

The problem was, of course, that Athsheva Rin did not respect Liin Terallo. Not in the slightest. The idea of being equals with this pampered socialite, with her soft hands and her powdered face, was absurd enough to be anathema. She demanded respect where it had not been earned. As the businesswoman whined and mewled, Athsheva stood still, hands folded patiently, as she entertained herself with idle thoughts of tearing the woman's face off.

Perhaps, when she had gotten what she wanted from this place, Athsheva would do just that. Liin Terallo was a temporary means to an end, after all.

Once the human had finished running her mouth, the Yuuzhan Vong smiled as she bowed. "Of course, Miss Liin Terallo. I will endeavor to be more respectful in the future, and to be mindful of the limits," she replied, sounding appropriately apologetic when she was anything of the sort.

"We will do great work here. I guarantee it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom