Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Start of Something New

Excitement coursed through Kimiko, today would hopefully be wondrous day and one that would propel a certain plan of hers into fruition.

She had heard of sect of neutral Force adepts known as the Baran Do, and many of the skills they proclaimed to practice. Now, one might think,'Where does this mean anything for anyone?', and that's where Kimiko had begun to do what she did best, and think outside the box.

Now her people had a high number of Force sensitives throughout the populace and Ki wondered how she can implement some sort of organization to them and better them for her and the Galaxy as a whole. The answer had come crashing into her mind one night:

HER OWN VERSION OF THE JEDI!

It was brilliant. Many agreed with her, and so she set into motion all provisions to do so.

While the infrastructure was being constructed, she had canvassed her populace and summoned all those with sensitivity to the future grounds. In the meantime, the Coalition had sent several members of its various sects to assist, but Ki wanted much more. She had sought out all the knowledge, both in actual education and martial arts, and the Baran Do had been sent one of many invitations.

Today their representative was to arrive, and the empress-to-be was eagerly awaiting at the spaceport herself, flanked by the prospective Grand Master and her personal confidant, Chika...

[member="Xos"]

[member="Kimiko Taiyō"]

Xos had discussed the matter with others of the Baran Do. Advisory positions were kind of expected, but from the sound of it this might be a bit different. Or perhaps more extreme was a better word. He hadn't taken his normal form of transportation in this case, he was using a burrowed ship for now. There was some work to be done to create a personal ship for the Master of the Order, but it was not finished quite yet.

His discussion was left unfinished, as time drew near he decided it would be best to decide more on the matter when it came. Meditation however, gave him an idea of what was to come. Still, he didn't have time to dwell as much as he'd like. As he walked out of the ship, he saw those present. He wore mostly formal garments not entirely dissimilar to a Jedi's, but had almost a governmental feel to them without any of its shiny parts. In his left hand he held a staff, he didn't really use it to walk, nor did he usually use it as a weapon. It was mostly as a sort of familiarity and formal matter.

As usual for being off world he also had on a rebreather, a necessity for his species. And something which was probably for the best at times, as without it they did appear considerably more intimidating.

Xos breathed in and looked around as he completely exited the ship and it closed behind him, he could sense the force around him. So many more here who had it within them. He looked on to perceive Kimiko, not just as her position, but also that she also seemed to be with the force. This was most...interesting.

He bowed his head as he got closer, "Xos Drikre of the Baran Do, at your service." He said Kindly as he returned to normal position, he still wasn't used to using his title, or at least didn't want to, but he realized he owed it to the position, not to himself, to add it, "Master of the Order, I shall represent our decisions. And officially thank you for contacting us. We are still far less known off world, in spite of my recent work to change that."

The unusual biology of the empress did not really pass him by, but that would be rude to mention he felt and didn't want to upset anyone. The question of the matter at hand though was a bit more pressing, particularly with so many present who were force sensitive, it rose his curiosity considerably.

"I'm afraid I haven't spent much time off my own planet, so I hope you'll excuse me if I don't know quite how to address you or your customs." He added apologetically, Xos was a very peaceful person and he'd hate to accidentally insult them. He was quite excited though to see where this would take them. Peaceful as he was, wise as he might be, it did not entirely curb the genuinely youth-like curiosity and friendliness he often had.

Their visitor introduced himself, honorably, and Ki's spirits soared with how professional and experienced he sounded. Grand Master Hoshizora, was taken back, not having much exposure off Akarui. Chika on the other hand had the knowledge and knew more of what to expect. Kimiko had done some extensive research prior to the invitation and what she had seen had amazed her. For the Kel Dor as a whole were well known throughout Galactic history. They had been in every major event she had discovered and even fostered some of the most famous Jedi in history. These were the reasons she had sent them correspondence.

As a trio, they bowed politely and formally, before Ki introduced them,"Master Xos, thank you for responding to my invitation and coming well out of your way in your own time to assist. I am Kimiko Taiyou, Empress-to-be of the Akaran Empire." she motioned to Chika,"This is Grand Admiral Chika Takami, head of the Imperial Naval forces and one of my closest confidants." she turned to the other Akaran,"And this is Grand Master Shingi Hoshizora, my prospective leader of the Imperial Knights."

At this point her tails began to casually wag behind her and she chuckled at the question on customs,"Please, do feel free to address us more casually. My people are very welcoming and accepting of all who come and you are a more than welcomed guest of mine personally. Believe me, I am still learning the ins and outs of the people myself. If there is anything you need or desire during your stay, please let anyone know and it will be done." she clasped her hands before her, the sleeves of the royal robes covering them completely.

"Before we depart the port, are there any questions or anything we can assist you with?"

[member="Xos"]

If a Kel Dor could smile through the respirator, he would. As it was the happy response only seemed to appear in his stance and the voice. They were kind, that was nice. "Thank you very much. It's a pleasure to meet you all." He said as she finished, looking to each of them and taking down their names and titles in his mind. The tail movements rather made him quite amused but he'd keep respect, it was something that could be considered rather like a friendly pet. But he wouldn't voice that, it was disrespectful. Quite pleasant people indeed, ​"Oh I should be mostly fine. Though if I am to stay very long I may need a chamber which can fit my atmospheric needs, might be quite difficult to eat otherwise." He said with a chuckle gesturing to the mask on his face, "Otherwise though I'm quite happy with whatever I'm given."

He honestly couldn't be any happier with the position he was given when it came to things like these. Xos loved to help and while he had been known for immense naivety in his youth he was now considered rather good at things when it came to interacting with other sentients, he was the current pioneer of telepathy among the Baran Do at the moment and expected to further it some day if he could.

He rolled his shoulders and took in a breath in thought as he relaxed, she did say he could speak more casually, "Ahh, well, then, I think that's all I can think of right now. Anyway, it really is quite nice to get to talk to others. I have nothing wrong with my friends of course, but meeting new people just has a certain intrigue to it hm? Something special to it to me. Oh right, sorry, would you like to go ahead and began discussing? I'm honestly not very picky so however you'd like to go about this I'm totally happy."

She nodded, not taking into account how long he may be staying,"How ever long you need, you are welcome. Chika, would you please?" she asked of the other woman, who in turned bowed and excused herself marching promptly towards the exit of the port,"She will see to any accommodations, and on that, you are nor will you be forced to stay any length of time. You are by no means obligated to do so, so please feel free to leave as you desire." she felt like that was needed to be said.

The small comment made her chuckle softly,"Indeed, as I enjoy meeting new beings and hopefully coming out of such interactions with friendship or at the very least some sort of knowledge always benefits all in the end, no?" after the pleasantries were dispensed, she smiled warmly and motioned for him to join her for a walk departing the small port,"Come, a short tour as we discuss the finer points?"

[member="Xos"]

He nodded gratefully as she answered and clarified the lack of need for obligation, "Thank you very much." he said honestly before she moved on.

Ah, wonderful, she enjoyed it too. That was nice. He nodded in agreement to the answer, certainly friendships and knowledge were excellent things to be gained by meeting new beings. Sure, sometimes it didn't work out, but usually you could always get something to work. As she motioned for him to walk with her with a smile he put into step putting the staff on the outside hand so it wasn't in-between them as they did so, ​"Ah that would be quite nice. I have been wondering somewhat what exactly it is that you have asked for. I did get some answers before, along with a bit more when I came in. That was a very interesting moment, usually I don't see so many in one place except among my own people. But you know, always best to find out the truth face to face. The force can be tricky sometimes unfortunately." he chuckled to himself, the fact that it was tricky only because the future was uncertain and not so much because he didn't know how to use it did amuse him. He sometimes forgot that not all the other Sages received visions quite as often as he did.

[member="Kimiko Taiyō"]

"The Galaxy works in very mysterious ways, yes?" she mused as they began their walk. She kept a steady yet not-so-fast pace in order for him to keep up, Shingi trailing not that far behind.

As they exited the actual ship area, the landscape opened. One could see for miles in any direction. The sun was shining bright in the sky and avian species were flying in small formations across the expanse. The forests surrounding the port swayed with the occasional breeze. All sorts of fauna could be heard throughout the area. Few actual Akarans were going about their individual business, seemingly happy and carefree in their goings. They did notice Kimiko step onto the balcony overlooking the port's main plaza and they all bowed graciously, to which the royal motioned for them to continue their business.

She turned to Xos,"Welcome again, to Akarui. We are a fairly new people to the Galaxy and are currently undergoing massive efforts to modernize the society. We have made great gains in infrastructure, martial forces, and even some in-system production systems." her gaze swept back over the landscape,"But, I myself am a newcomer to all of this. Enough of that for now. I have invited you, among others, here to assist with the implementation of a organic order of Force users. One I hope can offer not just the people here but the Galaxy as a whole. Not to far off from the original purpose of the Jedi Order of old."

[member="Xos"]

Xos kept his steps long so they didn't kick his robe irritatingly, he could run in this sure but it wouldn't look all that good. That, and he really had no desire to do any running today. "It truly is." he responded to her comment. As they walked he let his gaze drift across all that there was to view. The people, the places, bowing his head slightly to those who might greet him and taking note of how they bowed towards the empress and her response to it. That was certainly a good sign.

​He listened intently as they came to the point of the true discussion. He nodded in thought, looking to the side for a moment, so, that was how it truly was then. That was not a simple feat, and doubtless it would bring the attention of others. She wanted to create an order of Force users like the Jedi, a militant group. It was...not the way of the Baran Do as a whole, but it was not discarded from it either. After all he himself had practiced the ways of a warrior, and one of his better friends Zabre had probably spent more time fighting then he had anything else, at least until he semi-retired from it.

His gaze returned back to her, "I believe we can help you then, to protect. We are not...warriors by nature, not as a whole. But we have them, myself, and our Senior Combat instructor Zabre Drurin for instance, could certainly help you teach them how to use the force when it comes to fighting. Though, it would take at least a decade for most of the to actually get to the point where, if they were Baran Do that is, they'd be called a Sage. But a Master, they could possibly be managed much more quickly." he leaned against his staff and looked down in thought, "Yes...we can teach them the force in combat. And we could teach them martial arts and use fo the staff, but I imagine you'd prefer them to be more...akin to Jedi or soldiers in that case, and I'm afraid we cannot help you with lightsabers or the like. But the force, that we can do. However," ​He paused for a moment thinking of how he'd say it.

"I am only willing to go so far, I mean, having a military with the force out there that works as guardians would doubtless be a wonderful thing for the universe. But I must watch with a sharp eye, I cannot let our teachings go to...the wrong purpose. You seem like a splendid person, and I can only imagine all will be with you. But nevertheless, I will watch, just to be sure our teachings aren't abused." He explained, his voice was soft, and he clearly meant no disrespect. It was not a threat, it was just a statement of how he would be required to act by his conscience. And it wasn't even aimed so much as her, as in general.

She nodded, smiling happily with the assessment,"You have my word, nothing you or your order teach will ever be abused in any way that would beseech our honor."

She sighed heavily,"To be honest, the Galaxy is becoming more and more embroiled in conflict. There are fewer peoples who have not witnessed this turmoil, and my people here are among them. But, I would be doing them a great injustice if I believed we were safe, far from it. I just want to offer my people a brighter future, and give them every possible chance to continue on living. But enough of the philosophic talk." she waved her hands dismissively,"I have read your order, and people, are very studious in nature. As you said, not martial in nature, but that is perfectly fine! Any knowledge on the Greater Force my knights can utilize to bring assistance and peace, would be more than welcome with me."

[member="Xos"]

Wonderful, he would feel so guilty if the teachings they had were used for wrong. He knew they weren't designed to be, but he also knew full well just how dangerous some of what they learned truly was.

She went on, speaking of the conflict and troubles of the Galaxy. There was plenty of injustice in the Galaxy, and like she said, just because they weren't targeted yet. They very well could be. And just because they tried to hide from it, wouldn't mean it'd never come. Eventually the topic of his order came up and what she had learned of them. "Well that is good indeed." he said, "Yes I believe we can teach, for the most part though, It'd certainly be in regards to meditation and the sensing of the force and world itself, that'd be how it'd start. Awareness, essentially. But once they have shown to tap into it, the use of Telekinesis can come soon after. I would hope some could be taught the use of Force Lightning, do not worry that is not like the dark side at all, it is perfectly calm and controlled, but I don't believe there are many who could learn that. Of course, we do teach them how to use these abilities, but don't be surprised if a lot of them are taught more defensive or protective techniques before actual offensive ones, it's just not how we were taught. I just feel like you need to know these things, even if they sound redundant."

Xos explained this, still feeling guilty, but she was an empress, she needed to know as much as she could about what she was getting involved in. Of course, no harm would come from them being taught he believed. Even if some turned dark, the teachings of the Baran Do are not easily transferred into the dark side, the lightning they use would be practically impossible to use without being in full control of oneself, and the force powers they employed were mostly all about being in touch with and using the force, not commanding it by sheer anger or pain.

​Then it occurred to him, the Baran Do did not have the resources to simply...teach a group of people about the force, they might be able to, but it would doubtless take away from their other duties and make it more difficult to prosper. And while he would feel bad asking for something in return, he could not allow his people to be used for a gain that didn't help them at all, "I am sorry to bring this up as...I'm not actually a greedy person, weird as that is to say. But, I do believe the Baran Do may need to have help in return. We are not quite as big as the Jedi or, well, almost anyone. And while individuals within our group may have money due to their positions, as a whole much of what we have are only possessions. We don't have the same resources as actual government or larger organizations do, since so many of us end up doing things without payment."

That question caused the woman to pause. It was deep and personal. She had not even thought about the strain something like this could be on an individual, much less an entire organization. Though for how kind of a heart she had, the answer came fast. She was brought about the same way, and it rang with her at the very foundation of who she was.

"I believe we may be able to come to terms on a mutual relationship. Now I might not be able to speak for all of the Coalition, but my local governance and your order can benefit from one another." she turned to him, eyes full of youthful hope,"I may not be able to offer much currently, but in time, our support can be to whatever means are requested. I can put into a promissary decree of this after we hash out details if that will work?"

The foundations were laid out, hopefully they would be accepted. She was ready, to enter her first alliance of sorts as a new monarch, and Ki knew her people would back her completely.

[member="Xos"]

He nodded gratefully, "That would be wonderful, and we can certainly accept that." Xos said wholeheartedly. The empress was certainly quite kind and certainly quite cooperative. And the Baran Do trusted his decisions. He believed this would be a good one to his reason. And to help someone accomplish an honorable goal, while still being able to help the Baran Do order itself, well that was a wonderful thing.

"Truly it is so wonderful to meet people who have kindness in spite of their power or abilities. There is no end to the joy it brings me when such things occur." He added. It was quite true, just being around such people brought happiness too him.

[member="Kimiko Taiyō"]

Ki's tails wagged excitedly behind her, making her appearance that of a young pup as her beaming grin exuded from her. There was a small interruption though, as the elder Kitsune behind them purposely cleared his throat. Ki's demeanor barely shifted, but she got the hint.

"I believe this would be the time too actually show you what your order would be getting into, yes?" she chuckled delightedly.

Off to the side, poor Shingi had been quiet and patient with his leader's dealings. But with his age and experience, the impatience could get short. He thought, How did such a carefree girl get to this position?

[member="Xos"]

He had to suppress the desire to chuckle quietly when [member="Kimiko Taiyō"] tail wagged, it was still most amusing. He still avoided it out of respect, but the thought didn't seem to want to go away. However it was slightly interrupted and she mentioned actually showing him what they'd be doing. He nodded, "Yes that would probably be best." he agreed. He tipped his head slightly to the older Kitsune in a way to show he recognized the persons impatience and was almost apologetic, but he believed they could take their time to do things properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom