Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Spiral Down

She’d hear a huff at that. “I think if th’ roles be reversed ye would have done th’ same. Just glad ye are okay with things, didn’t think ye would have liked ta wake up looking like ye came from a horror holovid. Though, won’t lie, ye would have been th’ prettiest undead on th’ set.”

At this she found her face heating again. Flattery wasn't something she was used to, certainly not these days. Maybe some bit of praise from an instructor. Her first teacher came to mind. As much as she'd messed with him, his praise meant the world at the time. Now she cared only a little.

At the mention of working on the ship she nodded, brightening a little. "I'm handy with a hydrospanner," she admitted. "And I can weld pretty decent. I'd appreciate help getting my ship spaceworthy again. And of course, I'd help with whatever you needed or wanted. It's the least I can do."

When the subject of food came up she felt a gnawing rise in her midsection. "I was going to try to go back to sleep," she admitted, "but food would do me some good. I'm ... I can't remember the last time I ate. Or what I ate. Something soft, but warm, comforting and hearty if you can, please. I can stay up long enough to have something to eat."

Immediately her mind went back to a ruined meal she'd made for a friend and her first teacher on the transport to Dantooine. The gravity plating had gone out. It took hours to clean the galley after the gravity plates came back up and slopped the meal everywhere. It made her smile, at least for a moment.

RezIgRT.png

----|---- Playlist ----|----

Anse grinned at her and nodded standing up and stretching. “Rest. I’ll wake ye when th’ food is here.

He didn’t even wait to hear if she said if she would or not. He slipped off to head to his ship so he could cook a better meal than what he would have scrapped together for himself. He was gone maybe forty five minutes and returned with a rolling cart that had three plates and a bowl. He set down the bowl with a spoon and what was in it looked sort of like mashed potatoes, but a sort of pinkish brown. It had flecks of green and smelled of herbs, but when tasted she would taste meat, something green and it all melted on the tongue. It was a strange mix of textures, but savory, warm and would likely be filling.

Tha’ be something my sire would make when I was a pup. Figure ye lost plenty of blood and marrow, with some meat and greens would do ye alright. I didn’t have what I needed so I hope ye don’t mind I cheated with th' auto-chef, but it don’t taste weird.

His meal consisted of two plates of grilled steaks and a plate of a mix of blanched seasoned greens with the other side neatly separated holding a mound of some kind of fruit. Simple stuff, but his was cooked which took so long. He sat down on the floor and started to chow down on the meat first, it was a tender medium which he ate with relish.

YushaBot.png

Last edited:
She'd been drifting on the edge of sleep, but focused on the Force in a slow, steady meditation, suffusing it into herself. It kept the pain under control but she supposed by infusing those damaged sections with the Force it would make them stronger, give them more life, more vitality... would help her heal. It was a guess, but she followed her instincts.

Des inspected what he passed her and made a face for a moment, before giving it a shot. She was still getting used to non-Arkanian cuisine. Even still, it reminded her of baby food. She was a little banged up, not in the intensive care unit, she thought. But it was flavorful, and the texture though smooth was interesting. She decided within a few moments she liked it It wasn't her favorite, but she was amenable to it. And at the same time, her hunger raised its head with a roaring fury. She couldn't remember the last time she'd eaten, and that was before the crash.

Sitting up once more, she began to dig in. The mixture warmed her pleasantly, and for once she felt at least momentarily at peace. It didn't break her concentration. The Force had warmed her pleasantly too, and she could slowly feel the clarity of her thoughts increasing. It was like waking up t.. and then waking up again.. and waking up again, each time with sharper thinking and awareness. Anse would be able to see her color slowly improving as she ate if it were possible for the pale-skinned woman to have much color.

"It's fine," she said after a few moments. It was probably more than fine with the way she ate so hungril. in the space of a few minutes it was already mostly gone. Reaching over she poured some water with a grimace from the pitcher, then washed the last of it down for a moment,t hen let out a tiny belch, covering her mouth in embarrassment. "Excuse me."

RezIgRT.png

Anse chowed down on his food with undisguised hunger. He wasn't sloppy, but you could tell that getting the food in was more the priority. He took care enough not to say, choke, but he ate with little thought to anything else at first. When it was half gone he slowed down, keeping an eye on her and was inwardly pleased she seemed to be perking up. She looked a lot better, which was kind of surprising maybe even a bit suspicious. He wondered at it, but ignored it deciding that regardless of the cause it was a good thing. He was a man who could change his skin, he wasn't going to look at someone else cross eyed for having a trick up their sleeve too.

He grinned at her. "Don't apologize lass, I'm th' heathen sitting here plowing through my meat fast, won't be judging ye just cuz ye shake th' cave a bit with satisfaction."

She liked the food, even if he cheated a bit, which brought more pride. It felt good to take care of another person and have company for a meal, something he hadn't had in a while

YushaBot.png

Last edited:
Anse seemed to be a man of enthusiasm, but rough around the edges. That did draw a smile from her. It reminded her of the better parts of home, and though she didn't realize it, she let go of some of the tension as they ate. At his comment she blinked and coughed trying not to choke on water. Des felt her face heat all the way to her ears. Her cheeks and ears colored a few shades darker. The words were colorful, which she also didn't mind. It had just been a while since someone directed something like that at her.

Was he flirting, or did he even realize what he'd said?

She took a moment to pay attention to the Force, reaching out and 'listening' to Anse through it, tasting the flavor of his emotional state. It was more akin to picking up a broadcast than intruding on thoughts or personal space. She only sought to understand her host more, and see what was readily going on there as she fixed him in her gaze curiously.

RezIgRT.png

The first thing she'd find with the lupine man was that he was an individual with high cheerful spirits and deep appreciative nature. Intermingled with this was something primal, instinctive, predatory and wild. It was as if he had two spirits both in balance and both intertwined. This other nature was all about the moment, neither burdened with the past or worried for the future. Anse had burdens of course, but like this other side he was more in the moment with just a foot or two looking ahead. She would sense his pleasure at her uplifted spirits and enjoyment of the meal, but it was just his happiness at just life itself that shined in every inch of him. Living brought him joy, her presence and enjoyment only added to that. He was interested in her, but it was a sedate undercurrent to his over all general well being.

He was a man who had deep hungers and deep passions, a temper that was likely just as passionate, but he had great control over himself and his dual natures. He was tranquil and joyful, nothing under it that might cause any warning bells. Her blush brought a grin to his face, he hadn't meant it as it could be taken, but seeing her reaction was wonderful, he liked making people blush. His more playful and mischievous qualities taking immense pleasure in it. "Makes me wonder what crossed your mind tha' made ye go all ta blush."

He took another bite of food and watched her a bit smug, now he was just rubbing it in.

YushaBot.png

Last edited:
She gave him a look somewhere between amusement and a displeased teacher, but it softened after a second or two. She took a deep breath and let it out in a slow sigh. And the pain returned. Not that of body, thought that was layered and shielded away by the Force for now. This was one of the heart. A wounded spirit, as it were. He could almost see the light that crept into her eyes begin to die then. Idly she wiped at one eye and swallowed a lump in her throat.

A dozen responses rolled through her mind. Telling him exactly what she thought. Ignoring it. What she thought, and perhaps why. Realizing how long it had been since she'd been with anyone. How alone and isolated she felt. And of course with that came flooding in all the reasons why and the most painful aspects of it. She tightened her jaw, fighting back more tears. Why was she back in tears about this. It was all history now. But it seemed the wounds were still raw, and angry... like an infection on her soul she didn't quite know how to heal. It all made her just want to curl up into a ball and going back to sleep. Maybe forever. At least that wouldn't hurt anymore.

But then again, this was the side effect of her choices, wasn't it?

The Arkanian took a deep breath then let it out slow in a stream of narrow air between her lips, making it a partial meditation technique. And perhaps a bit of neuro-linguistic programming. A conditioned response to help her calm down and change states of mind. And for the moment it worked, at least somewhat. She still didn't feel great, but, the momentary pain faded back to a dull ache, nothing more than background noise.

Finally she cleared her throat. "Nothing, I just... old habits, I guess," she choked. Things had been more fun then. She didn't used to hurt like this. but those actions had gotten her here, hadn't they? She hurt more now than she ever had at home.

RezIgRT.png

When she didn’t react he looked up and when he saw the pain he clenched his jaw. Anger. Something had put that kind of pain in her and naturally he responded to it. He set his plate down as she tried to pull the broken pieces back in and knelt just as she replied, gently putting a hand on her shoulder. “Lass, ye don’t need ta hide th’ broken bits. Didja think I was just saying stay till your body was healed? I meant for every bit and I be a good listener if ye want ta talk, though if ye cry I might get a bit stabby at whoever might have made ye do so. Seems ta me tha’ whats inside is far more shattered than th’ outside and if ye need ta cry, cry. Ye ain’t alone, unless ye want ta be.

Her upset put him in a tangle because he hated seeing people in pain. Granted, if they earned that pain that is another story, but looking at her he doubted she had. He was a pretty good judge of character and she just didn’t inspire distrust. Up close he’d smell of wood smoke, of forest and this sweet musky smell almost like patchouli. His touch on her shoulder was gentle and warm, but brief because he didn’t think she’d appreciate him invading her personal space for long.

YushaBot.png

s8zCZm.png

Des staid where she was as he approached. She felt no hostility or untoward intent either in what she saw or felt in the Force, even as she withdrew. There was only compassion. That alone hurt, scrubbing at old, festered wounds that hadn't healed yet. It was hard to accept, but at the same time she desperately wanted that. Needed it. Maybe she craved it too.

As he spoke, it sent another, sharper wave of it through her. It was one thing feeling it, another to hear it. But to hear and feel it, to know that Anse believed what he said and had nothing but good intentions. That was another crack in the wall. But the road to hell was paved with good intentions. Others had said the same. Felt the same. And then things had changed. Always without a word as to why. Always that pain, hanging hopes on another. Or that another might actually prove themselves worthy of her true trust and loyalty.

Desbre wanted nothing more than to be able to trust the man. Just the idea was hard to contemplate. She could at least tell him a little more, she supposed. Reaching into her pile of things she fished out a metal cylinder with a couple buttons and controls on it. It looked like a remote for a restraining bolt but bigger, or perhaps the beacon for a ship with a homing system. Maybe a hydrospanner without the head on it. But the way she held it suggested something else entirely. It felt like a weapon, and one she was skilled with.

He'd have noticed the callouses on her hands. The wear patterns weren't just from tools. Not by the wear on the object itself. She took a breath. "So the discussion with my grandfather I had a few weeks after Grams death. I told him something I hadn't shared with anyone, in a moment of candor. You see, I was in the middle of that race. And I felt my grandmother's distress. I knew something was wrong with her. I'd been free, and focused, deep in the moment. This kriffing jerk, Rance Tellor, kicked my bike hard enough to send me into the wall at oh at least a couple hundred klicks per hour. The rebound spun me out. Screwed up the stakes, and the repulsors were iffy. I was out of the race. So I limped it off the track. Got back home, found out what was going on." She sighed and shook her head.

"My grandfather actually listened though. He was a reserved man, but he listened. He paid attention. And he was very intellectual. Didn't really approve of a lot of what I did. But I didn't care. It made me happy. Made me money." She shrugged. "But he got to thinking. Dug up some old family archives. Books and the like, but also some old artifacts. According to him, our family has a history that's been unpursued for a long time." Talking about this didn't seem to cause her much pain, or bring up that pain. This wasn't what troubled her.

o5Bc81.jpg

She pressed a stud on the hilt. A sharp snap-hiss rang out as a cold blue-white bar of energy burst to life, one hundred ten centimeters in length. It's vibrant energy hum filled the cavern with a marvelous resonance. "It seems there have been a number of Jedi in my family line over the last couple thousand years. It's rare on Arkania. Our people are scientists, and have been known to mess with life. I should know. I'm an offshoot. And a second-class citizen." Tapping the button twice, the saber closed down, extinguishing it's cool light.

"He suggested that my path may not lie on our homeworld. But out there. He suggested I go find the Jedi. Maybe see what I can find out. Maybe I had access to the Force. Maybe that was what I was really meant for." She shook her head. "I realize now, he was sending me away. I didn't see the manipulation then. But now, I see it. And who knows. Maybe he was trying to help." She shrugged one shoulder as she fidgeted with her nails in her lap, staring into the flames.

That hurt. Being sent away. It seemed dark clouds were gathering within her at this. "So I took what i had. I got my ship for dirt cheap. It barely functioned, but I started getting it patched up. When I could, I set off, with a new mission. Well... I found the Jedi. All seemed well. A week or so of testing and questioning. I wanted to find out about my family history, but I was also very eager to learn. The Jedi that initially greeted me on arrival was a new knight and he sought to teach a student. He took me on. And things were great. Turns out I'm very strong in the Force."

She bit her lower lip. "I learned from him for a time. Learned a lot. Began learning to use a lightsaber, and a number of other techniques. We'd set out on a trip to Dantooine, but after we got back, I was relegated back to the cluster of padawans without a teacher. I languished for months. Eventually I was sent to one of the Enclaves. Someone would be teaching me there. Or rather I guess instructing. Met her. Things were a little rough at the start. But she did teach me new abilities. Then a month or two later, it was over. I was recalled to the temple I'd started at. But no new teachers came. So I trained and I trained. Day and night, every waking moment. I pushed as hard as I could, for as long as I could. Trying to just be good enough someone would want me. Then I found another teacher. She promised to look after me, and help me complete my training. But she vanished too, after I learned a little more about how to heal myself." She swallowed a lump in her throat and lapsed into silence for a time. "I finally decided to find my own way, for now. I still want to learn, but... I'm afraid that... I just don't measure up. There are other, better students out there." She sighed and pulled her knees up to her chest and hugged her thighs, arms under her thighs, chin resting on knees.

"I've been on walkabout for months. And I still am no better off."

Last edited:
RezIgRT.png

When she flicked the blade of the lightsaber on he flinched back a little. Firstly because weapon and the instinct to get away from danger, but also because it was bright in the gloom. However when nothing dangerous happened with it he settled into a more comfortable position, meal momentarily forgotten. As he listened to her talk about how she had been abandoned over and over, she would notice his eyes flicker to gold, the more angry he got the stronger the gold got. However he forced it down and didn’t say anything at first, gripping his knees as he forced himself to settle.

He looked over at her and snorted. “Ye be very better off lass, ye met me. I have no ties ta th’ Jedi, but I do know a man in one place who might teach ye and know of another group tha’ might as well. I have no forcey stuff myself being just a mechanic and a drifter, but I know people. I will help ye as I can and I won’t ditch ye either. I told ye, ye have a place here for as long as ye want it and I mean it. It can be with me if ye like or even just a place here on this big ol’ moon. No expiration, unless ye turn into some sort of baddie, then maybe we might have a chat or two eh?” He gave her a smile. “I will help ye figure things out, ye won’t be alone unless ye wish ta be or ye go where I can’t have your back. If ye will have me, that is. I be fairly scruffy, fair ways unpolished and not content just ta flirt, but over all a good sort. I think…

His smile turned into a grin. “Only ones be complaining are th’ sort o’ people who be trodding on my tail and deserve th' teeth eh? So, just don’t count those, otherwise people usually leave with a smile after they be around me. I try ta make sure of smiles, be a silly pride thing of mine. Satisfied or I keep trying. My sire always made sure I grew up with a proper work ethic and I enjoy working very much.

However, the how he got those smiles was a bit ambiguous, but given how he’s been flirting with her one might get a handful of ideas.

YushaBot.png

s8zCZm.png

His anger burned like a cleansing flame, pure and white-hot. She didn't feel a threat or danger from it. Anse directed it out and away from her. It was born from righteousness and desire to set things right as he listened. That gave her pause, made her blink a little, but some of that darkness within burned away under it. Someone else felt the same. Or at least, similar. She never felt the need for rash action, to kick down doors and set people straight. But she knew others that did. Instantly she felt gratitude for it, toward him, in the silence of her own mind.
At the offer of a place, even just somewhere else on the rock, or here with him, she nodded. Her expression was thoughtful as she rested her cheek on her knees, watching him. The idea of being able to come back. Maybe make a home here was welcome. As much as she lived on her ship the last three years, she didn't think of it as home. It was something that got her from place to place.
He mentioned her being alone only if she wished, having her back. It was easy to feel his desires, even if she didn't have the Force to tell her. He'd clearly liked what he'd seen. But as far as she could tell, he'd not done anything untoward. He said he hadn't either, but she knew how her body felt. That she trusted more. But there came no deception from Anse. He seemed pure and clean in spirit, and warm like sunshine or a blanket fresh out of the dryer. He seemed to only want to make her feel better, look after her, protect her. Maybe share a bed, which wouldn't be so bad. He was rather easy on the eyes. But mostly, he just wanted to help. No ulterior motive she could find, even as she looked hard for it.
He offered nothing but warmth, comfort, shelter, protection. He didn't see the damage she'd done. The people she'd hurt. The kindness inherent in that was almost harder to deal with. If he'd have pushed her away... ignored her.... told her to leave as soon as her ship was capable. Those things she could handle easier.
Instead, this only rubbed the hollow edges of the gaping wound in her heart. She could feel where the ragged chunks were torn out of it by neglect and abandonment. And then her own damages piled in with it. Even though her ribs pained her, it was nothing compared to that. But it only hurt because of hope, and a desire for something better.
The words of an old friend from home floated back to her. Pain tells you you're alive. You get through it by breathing. One breath after another, until it passes, or you're strong enough to push through it. More tears welled up at that, turning her vision watery. She hugged her legs tighter and buried her face against her knees. She wanted nothing more just then for her grandmother to pick her up and hold her. But she couldn't because she was gone. Even her grandfather... Anyone. It might have been the desires of a child, but even as an adult one never fully shakes those feelings.

RezIgRT.png

She looked so lost, which only fan the flames to his temper. He reached over and pulled her close, not in his lap and not so tightly she couldn’t rebuff the comfort. “I have th’ incredible desire ta go ta where ye got no support and give them th’ business end of a fork, in th’ eye.

He knew that was impossible, that their abilities would always out match him, but he didn’t quite care right then. They might not have intended to cause pain, but neither did they take responsibility for it either. The cards she had been dealt up till now had been crappy, but he was determined to see her luck change. “If nothing else, I will try ta get your smile back eh? I bet ye have a great one and should be shown more, especially now.

Helpless. He was in this moment. He couldn’t take her pain, he couldn’t do more than what he was now, hoping it helped a little. He’d seen many times others suffering and alone and always he tried to give what he could. She was no different. He would take her in and keep her as his own until such time as she could use less of a protective shelter and more an ally at her back. Normally he’d never trust a total stranger that far, regardless of their crisis, but something about her drew him that he couldn’t deny.

He just couldn’t bring himself to keep her at arms length the way he literally did everyone, including those he took to his bed. It was a puzzling thing for him, but not unpleasant.

YushaBot.png

s8zCZm.png

Des stiffened slightly just for a moment as his arms came around her. She hadn't heard or felt him move. He was just there. immediately she relaxed a notch, then a little further, leaning into him. As he tightened up a little, but not so she couldn't free herself, she clung to his simple linen shirt with one hand. Her busted ribs flared a little as her side pressed against Anse. She ignored it. There were worse things and she barely felt it anyway.

The threat of stabbing those that left her in this miserable state in the eye with a fork sent a ghost of a smile across her face for a second. Any other time it might have raised her hackles. But just then a combination of mental imagery, ludicrous and preposterous as it was sent a small ray of sunshine piercing through her cloudy disposition.

She couldn't remember the last time she'd smiled. At least, not since her first teacher. Maybe her second. It felt like she never would again. That alone, she supposed, was a silly idea. All things pass in time. Storms come and go. This too would pass. At least that was what she told herself. Taking a deep breath she cleared her throat, then sniffled a little. A weak, sad, and sardonic smile played across her face, followed by a hollow laugh. "By the Force, I'm a wreck, like my ship, if I'm sitting here bawling in a stranger's arms like a little girl," she murmured.

She sobered some then and then pressed into him more, clinging tighter. It was one thing to admonish and chastise herself. But the simple comfort and fairly innocent intimacy and attention offered was water to a woman dying of thirst. A large part of her wanted to pull away. Another mistrusted it entirely. She supposed her better nature won out, taking what was offered.

A thought floated to her then, like a delicate snowflake fluttering through the air. Or perhaps a swirling flake of ash in the wreckage of her soul. The chain of events that lead her here would have to be one hell of a coincidence. The odds of coming to this system, running into those who would harm her, making a jump to this celestial body, and then crash landing this close to Anse. The odds were astronomical.

Her eyebrows lowered as she turned things over in her mind, like examining a gem in the sunlight from all angles. She'd never really believed in coincidence. They were rare things. She'd always had odd synchronicities in her life. Perhaps this was the will of the Force, weaving a tapestry so complex most people couldn't fathom it, even if they knew about it. Life had always gone out of it's way to be interesting for her. And now she was here. Perhaps she was meant to be. There was something here she was supposed to do. Or experience. Or learn. Or all of it.

So far as she could tell, the only things here were Anse, and maybe those that shot her down. Okay, if this is where I'm supposed to be right now, I'll take what is offered. She sniffed once more and closed her eyes. The girl did her best to soak up as much as she could from Anse.

RezIgRT.png

She’d feel the laugh come from deep in his chest as he chuckled. “Ye be a tiny lass because ye be surrounded by my big self, it be only natural ta be small then. Yet ye be mighty though and ye can bawl and rage and snarl. I certainly be doing most of tha’ inside myself, care ta take a guess on what particulars?

Certainly not bawling. He shifted a little so that they were both comfy and used a foot to drag both their food closer. “First though, eat aye? Sooner in, th’ sooner the belly-snarls will cease and warm goodness will help ye feel less weak. If ye want some meat, ye can have some of mine, but I saw th’ jaw figured loose teeth would not like grilled meat, even if butter tender.

He of course set to chowing down despite her being in his lap. He had practice, not a single drip of juice fell upon her or even escaped his mouth. His sky colored gaze never left her, watching her intently and giving her most of his focus. He was enjoying the closeness as much as she was. He was an affectionate man, when in company that didn’t mind it. So while holding her close he met the demands of his belly and was perfectly content to let her stay where she was as long as she wanted.

YushaBot.png

s8zCZm.png

She extended a hand and the bowl lifted off the floor, and tipped to the side to show an empty interior. "I finished mine," she said as the container dropped but settled back to the floor. "The crash only loosened one side of my teeth. The other side is fine." she grimaced a little while she rubbed her jaw with one hand, though she did stare at his steak hungrily. What she'd been given was tasty, and somewhat filling, but the mush wouldn't last. As soon as the meal processed enough, the food would slip away into her digestive tract. Soft food tended to slip away, leaving one hungry soon after. Something of substance would help prolong the time between meals.

Desbre reached out and grabbed her cup again and pulled the top off. She left the plastic lid sitting nearby this time. She refilled with with more water, which she downed in a couple seconds. She was thirsty, or her body was demanded more water to work with. Or both. Desbre settled back against him. "How much blood did I lose before you patched me up," she asked. This a more analytical question, and much stronger. Her tone was direct. Her mind grew sharper, more focused as calories and carbohydrates began flooding her brain and reinflating her brain cells.

Last edited:
RezIgRT.png

----|---- Playlist --|-- Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter ----|----

The bowl lifting in the air gave him pause and she'd feel his heart rate kick up. He didn't know what to say to that and just did his best to pretend that bowls flying in the air was normal.“Huh, so it is empty, was too busy watching ye ta notice how fast ye gobbled.” He replied smoothly giving her a grin. He saw her eyeing his food and lowered it so she could snatch bites. Her question about blood made him ponder. “Uh… Probably a pint or so, not much, but th’ drink will set ye to rights.
It wasn’t long before his plate too was clean between the both of them He set it aside and simply folded his arms around her watching the flames in the fire dance and crackle. Despite having been surrounded by people as of late, he had still found himself feeling empty. Things in his life had taken a sharp change in another direction and instead of wandering aimlessly something had changed. Maybe it was meeting Scherezade, it seemed like that was when the strangeness had set in. Now sitting here with a woman in his lap he had to wonder just what was going on.
Mind you, right this moment he had no complaints. He just wondered what this new event was going to bring. He mused with an inward chuckle. I know exactly what I could ask for of course, I be a greedy man, but I be happy with just this. Its been a long time since I had just this…
He made a soft ‘hm’ sound, a content sound. Plenty of fun to be had in one direction, but after? After he never got much of just being. He wanted to enjoy this while it lasted.

YushaBot.png

Last edited:
s8zCZm.png

She nodded wearily as he mentioned her blood loss. Not as bad as it could have been. Not as bad as she expected. But it was enough to leave her light-headed and dizzy, even just sitting. That and the nausea in her head and slight ringing in her ears. She guessed she had a mild concussion. Even through the herbs and the Force she could tell her head would have pounded without those enhancements.

She grimaced a little. "I need to ... I need to rest," she murmured. That was somewhat hard to admit. She was never one to sit still, o to take things easy for long. Admitting that she needed to stop and tend to herself... either she was growing, Or she was worse than she thought. Or perhaps some small part of her still cared about what happened to her in the short and long term.

Des knew soon she'd have to dive into her injuries and take full stock. From there she could begin to heal in earnest. "I might seem to be in a deep sleep or coma for a while. Just let me be. Unless there's an emergency or something happens," she told him. "It'll be a little like hibernation. But when I come out of it I should be better off."

RezIgRT.png

One eyebrow lifted at her explanation and he sighed softly. "Alright lass, if ye say do no' touch, I will try my best ta behave then. If ye start growing mushrooms or attracting bugs, ye will have ta forgive me if I bury you eh?"

Bowls floating and now she tells him she might seem dead, but was very much alive. What was next, she could speak in his head? He also decided right then, he really didn't want to know. Forcey stuff was too out of his experience and for all he know anything he thought up, could be possible, somehow. The idea that anything he thought up as actual fact, quite unnerved him because he could think of some pretty crazy things. He didn't quite let her go, but his grip was quite loose letting her decide when she wanted away.

YushaBot.png

s8zCZm.png

With his acknowledgment, she gave him a small sad but approving smile and patted his arm reassuringly. "If I grow mushrooms, you can save them for me. They might be delicious if they aren't toxic," she murmured. But at this, the smile turned brighter, despite a tinge of sadness. Some might have thought she didn't get the joke and was being too literal. But no, she only carried it further. Clearing her throat, she swallowed the small knot that started to form there. "You can put me down after I pass out. It will take a fair bit to wake me up. Moving me some won't disturb," she told him. Her voice remained low and quiet. There was no need to project her voice at all, so close they were.

The radiant heat from the fire felt good, mixing with the cool air of the cave. Her side pressed against him soaked up more warmth, but without being too hot now. He was quite comfortable, for the most part. Save for the dull ache of her ribs, and the throbbing of her head. The herbs were kicking in, making her head muzzy, but that wouldn't matter soon. As she leaned against him, her hand rested against his chest, her fingers curling into his shirt in a loose grip. She closed her large eyes and shifted a little in his lap, settling in, getting more comfortable. Steadying her breathing she forced it to deepen as she reached for the Force. It came floating out of the dark, in little drips, and drops, like the first hint of fireflies. Then more and more, a gentle flood of life, of power. Greeting her like an old friend and wrapping around her and through her, like a cocoon of invisible energy.

She focused on washing it through her injuries, wrapping bones and gently urging them back into place and back together. She focused it into the damaged tissues, taking stock of herself and flooding the cells that could be saved. The ones that couldn't, she directed her body to kill off, cobble for spare components, and build new cells. She increased the speed and efficiency of digestion, flooding herself with nutrients and building materials. Now oblivious to the outside world.

Within seconds of closing her eyes and taking that deep breath, a wave of relaxation passed through the girl in his arms. She fell into what seemed to be a deep sleep. Her breath slow but deep, and quite limp. Relaxed. And seemingly without pain. She grew warmer in his arms, and a little heavier, no longer supporting herself at all. It was the sleep of a child, or of complete trust. Her eyes moved rapidly under her lids, but it seemed to be different than a normal R.E.M. sleep. Her breathing was too slow and deep. Arising from her skin, he would pick up the scent of her body's biological processes going into overdrive, intent to repair the damage. The white blood cell count began to increase dramatically within a few minutes of falling asleep. There was something clearly unusual going on within the young woman. He could hear something that sounded like wet but crunch corn chips, very faint coming to him through their contact. The sound of micro-fractures and breaks in bone rubbing together. It had mostly come with each breath, but now it was a steady but quiet sound. But her heartbeat sounded normal, and there was no sign of pain in the process.

RezIgRT.png

When she was out he gently set her in his bed instead of the palet on the floor and covered her before he left. The first thing he did was look up information on her people. Mostly to make sure if there was anything she’d need, he could get it made in his fabricator. He was also interest in what she might not be able to eat, plus it just filled some time. Once he got what he needed he had the fabricator create it because while it was shaded in the forest the basin around the waterfall would be bright.

Occasionally he’d check on her, but otherwise he got to work on things within the cave as he slowly worked to turn it into a more comfortable living space. He went out and scouted the area where her ship was and after making sure it was secure, took his ship out there and took out her equipment and vehicles into his own ship. He didn’t leave a single thing behind and then made sure no traces of his own had been left.

After that he set to giving her her own space within the cave. All carefully quartered off with cloth barriers that could be moved around as she wanted so she could have privacy. All in all he got quite a bit done in the few days she was asleep. She was the extra oomph he needed to really get cracking on getting that done because now it wasn’t just himself. It meant a lot of long hours and less sleep, but the results would make things easier for the both of them.

With the kitchen now functional enough he didn’t need to travel to his ship, unless he wanted food created from the auto-chef. Right that moment he was cooking food, the smell of it slowly filling the whole cave system. It was making his mouth water, but he had a feeling his guest would be waking up soon and she’d likely be ravenous from the long sleep.

YushaBot.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom