Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Spiral Down

s8zhuN.png

Far overhead the small drone drew energy from its miniature reactor and began feeding it into its holonet quantum and hyperspace tunneling equipment. Within seconds it configured to one of the nearby communications hubs and linked up with a rather strong signal.

The first message beamed toward the various Jedi she knew and then began broadcasting coded distress to common Jedi frequencies.

An alert sounded from the cockpit. One ear twitched at the sound. Green eyes opened slowly. In the dark interior of the scout ship, one figure rose from their seat on the deck almost like living liquid. Booted feet made no noise as she walked forward, into the cockpit. Taking a seat, she thumbed the message to life.

Above the holopad appeared the face of a pale-skinned young woman. At first, she seemed human but on closer inspection, she was only a near-human. Immediately, she felt drawn in by the worry and stress on her features.

"This is Jedi Padawan Desbre Gensan broadcasting from star system ORS-1138. This message is intended as a record and request for aid. On a routine survey run, my ship came under fire by hostiles unknown. I crashed on a liveable forest moon here." A star chart popped into place, with a sidechain in the signal containing the coordinates. "I was wounded in the crash but recovered. My vessel is totaled, and my attackers have already sent one hunting team after me. With their firepower and resources, I expect them to be here soon." More information began to flood through the connection, recovered logs, mostly. "I request any available aid. I have on hand one civilian, a local. We have a plan to hold out. If we prevail, and no help comes, that is fine. If we do not, then there is a record."

The figure began feeding the coordinates into the navicomputer. Travel times had started getting better out this way, as there were newer charts. Perhaps this girl had something to do with that.

Reaching forward, a finger stabbed the comms panel. Connection established. "Hold on to your tail," she replied and let the network take that short message. Moments later, the navicomp pinged that it had a vector. Stars slid across her viewscreen and spun as she reoriented the ship, then shot forward into hyperspace.

"Captain," Raife chirped as they studied their screen. "I've got... something. It's near that moon. It's intermittent. And I'm getting.." he trailed off as he fiddled with his controls. Narrowing the band, he homed in on the signal. As he listened, it came through digital and garbled. Scrambled, but he caught hints of a female voice. "It reads like a hazard buoy or disaster beacon or something. There's an automated distress signal. Woman's voice. But it's encoded."

Dirk Nigel nodded. "Hmmm, a woman. Let's set a course for that moon. We should offer our assistance, after all," he said casually. A few grins broke out across the bridge. "When we are within striking distance I want Renart with Fist Squadron to start a search pattern. We'll scan of course, but they're on scout duty."

A moment later the frigate-sized vessel kicked on their drives and began making their way deeper into the system. It would take time to get there, but they had... all the time in the world. Nobody out here would be close enough to answer or hear.

Desbre was just as grimey and filthy as he was. Her chest hurt, her body ached from getting beaten around, and then all the work getting the ship assessed. "I need to get cleaned up too," she said as she slipped off her ride and tossed the rag to the side. "As for food, something filling, meaty, and packed with energy. Carbs too. We'll need them if this goes sideways."

She followed him into the interior while trying not to run her hands through her hair. It was hard enough keeping it clean without grease in it. Though, she suspected sometimes it was what kept it healthy and free from splits.

RezIgRT.png

----|---- Playlist --|-- Desbre Gensan Desbre Gensan ----|----

Anse looked over at her and grinned. “Go shower first then lass and I’ll get started on th’ food and then while I wash up ye can tend to it.

He reached up and scratched his cheek leaving a smear of grease, then looked down at his hand and sighed moving to the sink in the kitchen to wash up a bit in that.

He was a lot milder now than he had been, more subdued and he didn’t take the bait that he normally would have with her choice of words. She had given him a lot of food for thought and he was already working on coming up with another plan just in case the slavers didn’t play into their first plan. They could hole up for a year or more and not leave the caves if it came down to it. The only real problem there was finding enough distractions, but there was a lot of work he needed to do.

In the end he felt a lot more secure about hiding if the first plan failed than trying to cobble together another way to engage them. He made a note to himself to propose that idea as a back up, but had the feeling she already had a similar thought. Still, better to say something than to assume.

YushaBot.png

s8zhuN.png

Des glanced toward Anse then shrugged. "Sure," she murmured. It was then she paused in her stride as a feeling came over her. Distant, faint, but growing stronger. Warm, soft, ephemeral like smoke. A person, filled with quiet cool power. Feminine. She turned in place, casting her gaze toward the sky, occluded by the ceiling overhead. If she could put it into words, it would translate to ~Hold on to your tail. I'm coming.~ She glanced over to Anse. "I ... think I have some good news. Help is on the way," she said quietly. Even as the words left her mouth a confirming chill passed over her. It was a truth she had no evidence for, but knew with every fiber it was true.

She broke out into a bright smile, just for a moment. "I still need to get cleaned up," she said, her step more lively now. The relief was a good color on her.

Less than a minute later she padded into the refresher area. Pulling the hastily erected partition shut, she stripped down. The freedom was welcome and for a few moments, she stood in the dim lighting, letting the cool air draw away some of the heat that clung to her. Finally turning on the water, she slipped into the makeshift shower stream and let the heat begin soaking into her skin. Her people came from a frigid world. The heat from a good shower was always a treat, even if they were comfortable in the cold. She stood, letting the dirt, grime, grease, and blood loosen up, runnign down her frame. At the same time, she let the Force wash over her, directing it's cleansing heat through her mind, carrying away the fear, the pain, the worries, refreshing her slowly but more thoroughly.

RezIgRT.png

She’d get one blonde eyebrow lifted at the ‘help is coming’ however he said nothing. Oh, he had a litter worth of questions, but frankly, this whole business of magic left his poor brain unwilling to poke it. If she said it was so, then it had to be so and that was that.

The mechanics of the hows and whys would likely just confuse him. He was just a mechanic, not some wizard or something. So he set to getting the food going so that when she came out, she could tend it till he got back. He wondered at just what kind of help they would be getting, how many and how this would change their plan.

Would they be meeting them as they went to execute said plan or before? He hoped it didn’t make a mess of things.

YushaBot.png

s8zhuN.png

In short order Desbre finished with the shower. The blood, grime, sweat, and pheromones of anxiety washing down the drain. She'd have to re-bandage her ribs until she had time to recuperate. Shutting off the water, she sighed. She'd have to call on her host, at least to do the job very well. Sure she could have used the Force to do the manual work. But that was like using a turbolaser to kill a tiny insect. She was fairly sure Anse would rather enjoy the work. Most males with any interest in a woman would.

But if he were going to do anything, he had more than enough time and opportunity. And he'd eased off some of his teasing and flirting, finally realizing that this wasn't really an appropriate time. Especially with the way things were happening. Four years ago, she would have enjoyed the game immensely. It wasn't like she had any objections to it, but not while being hunted by people that wanted to kill or enslave her.

The latter bothered her more. If she were captured... She dared not think of the likely results of that.

Heaving a sigh, she shut the shower off and let the water run down her alabaster skin. Stepping out onto a moss mat, she started drying off, then quickly slipped into some clean pants, socks, and her boots. Her hair wrapped up in another towel. The first, she wrapped around her shoulders much like a shawl. Gathering up her dirty things, she headed to the living space he'd set up for her. There, she dropped off the laundry and headed toward the kitchen area with the med kit from her ship and the upper part of her Jedi uniform and belt. The towel was left behind.

Slipping into the warmer interior of the kitchen she sighed and sat her stuff on the table and, for the moment, clutched the tunic to her chest. It wasn't hard to see the fantastic bruise forming along her left ribs, as well as the myriad other darkening hematoma, scrapes and cuts.

"Don't start," she said to Anse. "I need you to bandage me back up. Yeah I know we just did back in the woods, but... That's all moot after the shower."

RezIgRT.png

He leaned against the counter with a smirk. "Ye be so sure I be th' one starting, but ye be th' one making assumptions on what will and will not be eh? I be knowing ye would need help, if ye be making an invitation there would be no misunderstandings. This be important and I know."

He picked the plates up and set them on the table before moving over to her. Like before his movements were sure and he made everything properly snug. Perhaps from the chill after the shower she would feel the heat radiating from his hands. Once done he shifted away to grab the drinks, setting them down and then sprawled in his chair with a sigh.

He didn't look at her, his focus was on the food and he eagerly started eating without word or some kind of manners born premeal ritual. What was in her cup was a smooth, rich and sweet honey mead that went down like silk. He had given her a glass of water as well, not sure what she would want, but her plate was piled with meat and grilled zucchini and some squash.

The veggies were lightly seasoned and had been grilled with a garlicky oil. The meat however had no seasonings, flavorful all on its own. Perfectly cooked, juicy and fork tender. There was a shared couple bowls, one was that marrow pudding and the other was some kind of grass green condiment in a smaller bowl that he took a spoonful of, put on his plate and dipped the veggies in. It had a very green and mild citrus taste, but had the consistency like silky cream cheese.

It was another simple and plain meal, but he had tried to dress it up some instead of like what she’d had after waking.

YushaBot.png

s8zhuN.png

Tag: Anse Baenshaol Anse Baenshaol

Even trying to head him off at the pass, somehow Anse still managed to make her blush. Her face heated at his comment about her starting things first. He was right, in a way. But damn it did he have to be so frakking smug about it? She said nothing as she sat there. When he came over to her side of the table and went to inspect the damage, she sat the shirt on the table and laced her fingers together at the back of her head. Stretching like that hurt ab it, but also felt good. She tried not to be too self-conscious about the presentation, sitting topless in the chair. But it kept her hands and arms out of the way and gave him the best access. And an amazing view. Putting out of her mind she let him work.

The impact sites, cuts, and bruises were all clean. Scrubbing the gunk out of the worst had been 'fun'. but they'd clotted now. In truth, she was grateful for the help. Trying to patch herself up in this condition would have been problematic and a lot more painful. For a moment she considered putting herself on a bacta treatment. At the same time, she didn't really feel like having the syrupy sweet sticky stuff filling up her lungs as she breathed it for a while. She could lay down and go into a healing trance for a while. That would allow her to recuperate, at least until they had to fight again. If that came about.

As Anse finished up, she gingerly went to pull on the top and then close it, using her belt to keep it in place. "Thanks," she said almost meekly, then went to also eat. A little at first, but she quickly turned ravenous. The events of the day burned much energy, and her body needed more fuel and of course materials to rebuild the damage with. The water was good, clean, cold. The other drink she gave a try. It was a sweet sort of wine or ale. And quite strong. And not bad. She indulged in some more, only for her hand to tighten on the cup, shaking as she slooowly pulled it away from her face and sat it back down. Letting go, her hand trembled visibly and she forced herself to go back to eating. If possible, she'd gone a little paler.

RezIgRT.png

He paused eating to look up and over at her, something was wrong. “Ye be okay lass?

He’d never seen anyone act that way in regards to good drink before. His own making of course, following his father’s recipe. He finally had one keg that was worthy of drink out of the four he had going, this being the first he’d started. The others would be coming along and be done as time went. So her reaction was confusing, especially as nothing about her screamed ‘joy’ after that drink. He wondered if maybe she did something to hurt her ribs, like casual movement or something.

YushaBot.png

s8zhuN.png

Looking up to Anse, she placed one shaky hand over her mouth. "I... I don't know," she stammered. A moment later she covered her face with both hands, and just focused on her breathing. Expelling, exhaling the rising panic, worry, guilt, shame, and trying to breathe in peace and calm. She touched on the Force as she did, letting it wash over her, it's warmth run through her, soothing the spiritual pains and aches. It was there, like a friend, like a lover wrapping her up in its embrace. It helped, some. But it didn't quite touch the ache in her heart.

She was aware of his concern, and his curiosity. She didn't have to be strong in the Force to know that but opened up to it, it radiated against her. And it wasn't anything but genuine. She could either pull away or lean into that. Afford just that little bit more trust.

"I... After I left home, left Arkania, I traveled to find the Jedi. I'd been kind of a drinker and party kid before. It was always a distraction to keep me from focusing too much on my own painful, awful shit. And then I wound up finding the Order and was accepted for training. But I had a lot of free time for introspection. And it only got worse. And at the same time, things were happening with the Jedi that only made it worse. Finding someone I thought would be my mentor, my teacher. Only to be ditched soon after. Then another. And another." She shook her head. "I blamed myself. Still do. I wound up trying to drink myself to death, for lack of a better term. Trying to numb the pain. But it didn't go away. At all. Not when all I had was myself. I even spent a while floating in deep space. Thinking I needed to isolate myself. It was a mistake. I was already in a lot of pain and in a dark cloud of depression. It only got worse in that space. So... I quit drinking. Cold turkey. Made my way back to the Order to try again. Some conversations revealed that what happened to me wasn't my fault. I got some more training. Made some connections. I still don't have a mentor or Master. But I'm told that I'm getting close to my Trials."

She gestured toward the drink. "That is good. I always preferred a nice whiskey. Corellian whiskey is actually rather good. But this is like honey. And it's so dangerous because of it. I... don't need to fall down that rabbit hole again." She shook her head as something came to mind. "Drinking for enjoyment, relaxation, celebration, or good company, are entirely different than trying to self-medicate... I suppose."

She looked back toward Anse and at that moment she looked much younger and rather vulnerable. She'd bared another part of her soul and heart to him. Would he stomp on it? Laugh at her? Call her weak, or stupid? She didn't know, but she hoped none of those things.

RezIgRT.png

She’d feel very strong confusion, concern, guilt and the keen bite of wanting to draw her close to soothe it away. Only thing he knew was right then she was feeling scared and he reached out and put a hand on her shoulder. “Never heard of someone doing tha’ but, if ye be worried ye will get… Drink sick? I be just not giving any and if ye be near, I be making sure ye don’t accept any, aye? Seen people drunk plenty of times, but… People are so all the time, because of pain? It… I suppose I haven’t really paid enough attention to people to see tha’. I drink to enjoy, never really sought to drink to make things go away. Never thought it was possible, never saw the point as feeling is part of living even the painful parts. I be very sorry lass, I shouldn’t have given ye tha’... Want me to take it away?

Gods, now he felt just wholly awful. He’d done something to make her feel right back to puddle of nasty.

YushaBot.png

s8zhuN.png

Desbre put one hand over the cup firmly while shaking her head. "No," she said firmly. "I appreciate the concern." She could feel it rolling off of him without even trying. Had their connection strengthened, or was she just paying more attention to the Force now? She wasn't sure, but she was certainly more aware. "I appreciate you desire to look after me," she continued, her voice low in volume and pitch, but still warm. "This is a battle that's been coming, and it's up to me. I don't ... feel inclined to crawl back into a bottle. Not really. When I drank before it was for the wrong reasons. I had so much to work on then. I was in a truly dark place at the time. I would like to think I'm doing better now, and can handle something like this responsibly."

She looked up at him, drawing her hand back slowly while chewing on one full lip. "If I start getting drunk a lot, then there's a problem. That might require an intervention before I go too far. But for now I think I'm okay. I just wasn't really ready. Didn't think, didn't expect. But now I'm more prepared," she explained.

Taking a moment she went back to her food, then experimentally took another drink of the mead-like drink. This time she allowed herself to relax and enjoy it a bit. After all it was something Anse made, and he took pride in. And she could see why. But no, she felt no urge to drown herself or her pains in it. Other than the momentary worry over survival, she felt better here, than she had anywhere else in the last couple of years. Save some training recently with the Conclave.

RezIgRT.png

Anse watched her closely for a breath or two, relaxing as she did then turned back to his food, though casting an eye at her every now and then just in case. His concern hadn’t quite diminished, despite relaxing. Nor had the anger. The boiling anger wasn’t directed at her, it was directed at the ones who he felt failed to give her what she so badly needed to heal. She would also sense a secondary set of emotions, though unified with hers, as if there was a third person with them.

In a sense there was, Ogrimm felt much the same way that Anse did, even with the feeling of possessiveness over her because she was heart-wounded and needed someone at her back. In his case, he was prowling the back of Anse’ mind a roiling ball of very sharp anger. For his human counterpart, Anse’ emotions were in check and covered, but his wolf would have been haring off to go bite someone, if the man wasn’t keeping him back.

Once he had chowed down on everything he could, the Lopara sat back with a sigh. “Alright lass, since ye be well enough, might I trouble ye with th’ clean up while I be going and getting my filthy self all de-mucked? I know there be no amount of soap to clean my brain, but it be th’ body tha’ be needing th’ scrubbin’ most though, I’d offer to let ye be th’ witness in case ye don’t trust me eh?

A light bit of teasing of course, he couldn’t resist, especially as she had accused him earlier of starting things. He stood up and stretched giving her a wide grin before he sauntered off while she made a decision. “Ye can do neither as well, it be okay.

Proving he didn’t care if she let dirty dishes sit so she can laze and relax. He knew she was injured, so it made the most sense to just leave the mess to him to do.

YushaBot.png

s8zhuN.png

Des shook her head. "I didn't accuse. I was trying to stop it before you started. There's a difference," she said as he retreated. And he was still doing it anyway. Sighing she shook her head. "And this is why I drink," she muttered to herself as she picked up the cup with amber liquid in it. It was said in jest, but with a bit of frustration.

As he turned on the shower in the makeshift refresher, she sighed and went back to her food finishing up the last bits. Standing she wobbled briefly then steadied herself. She'd eaten more in the last couple of days than she had in quite a while. It was great to be that full, but at the same time, she felt fat and slow. Not that she would really move like it. Trying to put Anse out of her mind she moved to sink, then rolled up her sleeves. The simple task of washing dishes might have seemed primitive to some. On Arkania it was menial droid work. Even with the Jedi Order, there was much automation to deal with such tasks. But as a career laborer, she found the work almost soothing. It allowed her mind to drift as she didn't have to really think. Her hands, strong and dexterous went to work with economical efficiency. The heat of the water didn't seem to bother her either. That did include a little bit of training as she used the Force to absorb and buffer her hands, keeping them from scalding.

As she worked too, she stretched out with her Senses and cast them upward and out, trying to gain a sense of any incoming threats. Feeling for danger, even if she couldn't see it. For now, things seemed clear, but there was no telling how long that would last. There was certainly a storm coming, judging by the knot in her stomach. But it was still far away, elusive. Through it though came a small dot of hope and reassurance, beyond having the Force as her ally.

Drawing back in she sighed and went to drying what little there was to wash. Her gaze swung to where Anse was. There was something about the man. In her Sight, she could see him through the walls, feel his mental presence, and that of another layer with him. His presence and signature were different than non-Force users. She suspected he was strong in the Force but clearly had no training. If that were true there was something she could possibly do for the upcoming engagements that might help. But she wasn't a Knight. She had no business teaching. But they also had no business dying either. Idly she chewed her bottom lip in thought.

There were no easy answers. Not in matters like these. What was the right move?

RezIgRT.png

He took his time getting cleaned up and when she saw him again he was wearing just some faded blue cotton pants. His mane of shoulder length hair was pulled back from his face and he looked to have done some grooming as well. Not that he had been untidy, but it was clear he took care of himself. She would see a few scars, she would see the tattooed bands on his arm.

He was in fit condition, but didn’t look like he worked at it. Moved light a fighter, but light on his feet and well balanced. It wasn’t hard to see where his confidence came from. He slipped into the kitchen and paused, having expected to be cleaning up, but then turned to her. “Thank ye lass, I guess I’ll be going to tinker then. If ye get bored or restless, pick a project and if ye have questions come find me. Unless ye wanna keep me company? I be laying more lines for power, want to get th’ cold storage up because it won’t be long till winter and they be quite spectacular. If what I got from th’ scans and signs from nature right tha’ is. If I get froze in, stored food be wise to have handy.

He pulled a box from the cooler, it held some snacks and some drinks. He kept himself prepared. “Remember what I said about th’ gold furred wolf, just in case, I don’t think Ogrimm will intentionally startle ye, but ye be not used to us changing skins eh? Better to remind than be sorry later. Not every day one comes nose to nose with a beast close to five hundred pounds like him. At least I think he be tha’ big, just going by paw size, never actually got to measure because he ain’t too keen to let me try.

There was laughter in his voice when he said that, the only time he tried his other half had balked before they ever got to the ship. Something about the confined space, even if it was theirs had weirded him out. Of course, the beast wasn’t too keen on technology period and left that to his human half to futz with.

YushaBot.png

alB28Y.jpg

Equipment: Lightsaber,
Des shook her head. "My whole body aches like i was in a speeder crash," she said quietly. In truth, it was hard to see it, but her complexion was pale, and her features had become drawn, pinched, while she worked on the dishes. As she spoke she took a few mild pain killers that were part of the med kit with a sigh. The alcohol helped a bit, but what she needed was to lay down and get into a healing trance. The Force was keeping her going, and the endless training she'd subjected to herself to over the last few years.

She still could keep going if she had to, but it was better to rest for now. "I'm going to go lay down, and try to heal as much as I can. Wake me up if something happens," she said quietly. It was easy to hear the exhaustion in her voice, and see it in the way she physically drooped.
zJxNdnE.png

Last edited:
RezIgRT.png

He gave her a nod. “Go rest lass. Might come in and check on ye, maybe bring some food and drink.

He then strode off towards the hangar so he could grab what he needed and start working. Eventually the sounds from that work could be heard, along with the sound of him humming a tune as he did so.

A few hours later true to his word he slipped in with a small tray of fruit and some crackers, things that would keep along with a pitcher of water. He tried to be as silent as he could so as not to wake her.

YushaBot.png

54100.gif

Equipment: Simple Jedi Robes, inherited lightsaber, light-filtering lenses​

Letting him go, Desbre quietly padded off to the area he'd set up for her. Into the partition she went and got mostly undressed, laying down and curling up in the pile of furs. It wasn't exactly her ideal choice for bedding, but it was surprisingly comfortable and rather warm. As she lay there, her ribs still hurt a great deal.

Getting up with a sigh, she grabbed some pain killers. Slipping into the kitchen area she grabbed some water, downed them, and slipped back into bed. it would take a while for them to work. In the meantime, she focused on her breathing. Everything hurt. it felt like she'd been in a speeder crash and ran a half marathon.

Shifting a little, she tried to get comfortable. It would not seem to come immediately. Nor would a nagging feeling leave her mind. Something ephemeral and distant.

Focusing on slowing her breathing, she fell into the Force, letting it wash over her. But still, it followed her. A sense of something wrong, in the dark far away. Elusive. Trying to ignore it, she let the immediate concern, the immediate connection carry her away and into the embrace of the Force and the darkness of rest.

Hours later, a ripple across the surface of her mind brought her back from blissful blackness. Drawing closer to the surface of consciousness she reached for it. There was a new presence. A disturbance in the Force, barely felt but it brushed against her awareness like silk fluttering on the wind.

Drawing fully awake, the girl sat up, drew her clothes to her, and went to getting dressed. There was food there and recently placed near as she could tell. Mentally she cast about for her host and found him.

~Company is coming, I think.~

It was all she sent, all that was needed. For the moment she focused on eating. Her ribs were better. Not perfect, but better. Most of her didn't feel like a wreck anymore. She could probably fight, again.

A moment later she fished her comlink out of her belt, turning it on. "--ing to distress beacon. This is Nexu's Pride, attempting to reach Desbre Gensan," came a female voice.

"Nexu, reading you loud and clear. This is Gensan."
"Good. I was right. Sit tight. Help is on the way."
"Affirm. Come down on this signal."

The pale one closed her eyes and reached into the Force, spreading her awareness out and upward, building a sloping pinnacle that swept toward the heavens. There was a presence high in the sky, approaching. As it crossed into her awareness, it lit up like a beacon in the Force. Someone whose power exceeded her own significantly. A Knight at least, or possibly a Master had arrived.

She checked her chrono. She'd been out for at least eight hours. "Anse!" She called out loud. Overhead, she felt things change, and the responder change course and the flavor of intent. It smelled like trouble.

zJxNdnE.png

Last edited:
RezIgRT.png

His voice carried as he called out in response. “Aye! Get to th’ ship lass, grabbing my gear! Ye be th’ pilot and fill in th’ company of our plan. We ain’t havin’ another chance like this to bring them down.”

At the ship she would see him bringing in a box at a trot. Once inside he disappeared into his quarters to get geared up. “I saw about getting what looked like th’ stuff ye might use for battle already stowed in th’ cockpit. Let us end this mess so tha’ ye be unfettered aye?”

The inside of the ship was neat, tidy and in good repair. It was some old republic ship modified and clearly well lived in, but despite its flaws it had solid bones and could outfly most things. It wasn’t some sleek battle ready thing, but for what he needed it worked.

YushaBot.png

54100.gif

Equipment: Simple Jedi Robes, inherited lightsaber, light-filtering lenses​

By then, Des had finished what little food she would gobble down, and some water. But not enough that if she had to move a lot, she would be likely to vomit it up later. At least not right away. It would keep her going when she needed it. And she was dressed as well. Picking up her comlink, she rushed forward. Des was little more than a white blur as she zipped through the cave system, skidding around corners, balancing Speed with her ability to corner and friction.

In moments she was in the bay and running at a more reasonable pace for the entry to the ship. Breathless, she stopped him for a moment. "In case I don't get a chance to do this ever again," she said quickly. Reaching up, she pulled his towering frame down to her and rose to her tip-toes, and placed a kiss on his lips, letting it linger for just a moment. Into it, into him, she poured her appreciation, her gratitude, and more. He'd done so much for her or tried to. It was all she could do to impress upon him how she felt, even going so far as to use the Force to send those feelings to him, connecting, but for a few moments.

Dropping back down, she slipped away and made her way into the cockpit. She slid to the left and took the seat, then noticed her holdout pistol, vibro-knife, and a second blaster, designed for much higher output. This she strapped to her thigh, making sure the grip was in easy reach, and then concealed her other weapons quickly.

Cycling the reactor on, she fed power into the ship's systems. They came online much quicker than her own vessel. For a moment, she wished it was flyable. She knew it very well by now. But Anse's ship seemed nice enough. Desbre brought the engines and other systems up. A deep thrum filled the vessel, which she could feel underfoot, through the seat, under her hands. It was like a thing alive and wanted to move. "Hello there," she murmured to it, looking around. "Okay, let's take this nice and easy to start," she murmured, still talking to it. It took her a second to find the internal communications, broadcasting through the ship. "Okay, we're dusting off."

Feeding power into the repulsors, the ship lifted up off the deck. Drawing back on the controls the starship glided backward then nosed out of the concealed hangar under her careful touch. As soon as they were clear and the water ran off the viewscreen, she throttled up and began cruising forward. She gave the controls a few experimental nudges, then a couple wilder maneuvers. It rolled well and liked to rudder. It rotated into a climb nicely, but didn't enjoy diving, like at all. She supposed it was from the weight distribution. In space, it would be fine. "She's got a fat ass," Des muttered under her breath.

Activating the comm relay, she switched it to the frequency she'd used earlier. "This is Gensan. We're in the air. Suspect you have a bogey or two in the AO. We're Angels One and climbing. If we can, we'll lead these chuckleheads on a merry chase through the canyons then mop up. If you're down for it," Des said.

"Good to know," replied a female voice on the other end, mixed with an almost purring undertone. "There's a corvette or frigate up here. I will hit atmo in thirty seconds. You should see me come down. It looks like they're launching Uglies."

"Ayy-firm," Des replied. ~Meet us ...here~ she sent to Lepri, able to feel the Master drawing closer overhead now. Desbre sent an image of where she wanted Lepri to go, and what it would look like, how far away it was. She got back a feeling of affirmation.

Des cruised a third of a kilometer, a thousand feet, over the ground. Not terribly high but still a fatal fall and a worry for someone with a fear of heights. "Anse, you ready?"

zJxNdnE.png

RezIgRT.png

His hands came up automatically to steady her even as he had to catch his balance because her pulling him down caught him off guard. When she kissed him he closed his eyes and pulled her close. All of a sudden however he could feel how she felt, every emotion and he drank it in, but then she pulled away and he watched her one hand raising to above his heart. His whole chest ached, but he took in a breath and tucked that all away somewhere safe. When this was over, he promised himself, she wouldn’t be slipping away so easily. Not after telling him what was in her heart.

He paced to his quarters and started to gear up, taking it out with a soft sigh. It had been many long years since he had worn this, but today called for more than what he had had against the stranger with the droids they had fought.

When her call came over the comm, it wasn’t long before he slipped in and the man she had kissed and the man now, seemed opposites. Anse’s hair was braided back and he was wearing gear that looked military issue, though no insignia or markings could be seen. It was a little dated, still viable and as she watched he was hard to look at. As if the gear was trying to encourage her eyes to just slide off, to look away. Some kind of low grade optical technology.

His gun he set near at hand, the sleek rifle a thing of beauty. Not top of the line, but it was still deadly and had a fine range of features. The helmet he set down on the chair was likewise well made, but again, well enough and a bit dated. There were some things on his body that would allow him to go and stay vertical or reach places that were high up. And the cloak the he finished pulling on was a selection of greys, to help him blend in with the fog that blanketed the canyons they would be fighting in. “I be ready lass… Th’ sooner done, th’ better.

She’d get a sense that he badly wanted to return her gift. To have her alone. Over those desires was the resolve he had for the killing they would be doing. And behind him was the sense of another, a shadow that was looking forward to the hunt. To being rid of the interlopers in land not theirs. He strapped in and flashed her a smile, hoping to keep her from being too anxious.

YushaBot.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom