Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Solstice (Joti and Darsch)

Welcome aboard the Solstice, Darsch's mobile home and ship. The Ship itself was a freighter with two crew rooms. Darsch's room was located directly across from Joti's room. Cleanliness was something Darsch valued a lot so the entire ship was sparkling clean. Not a speck of dust or dirt. The common room had a holochess table and a dining table inside. The kitchen was cramped and had miniaturized versions of your normal kitchen appliances. When quiet, the only noise heard would be all the systems keeping the ship working. Darsch's own room was decorated darkly with dim lights and mandalorian stuff inside her quarters. She had a small viewport next to a small pot with some random plant from naboo that she loved so much. In the side of the wall was blaster safe with all her weapons. Inside were a pair of extra Westar Pistols, a modified E-11 Blaster Rifle, A DL-44, A DL-17, A DL-18, and a Valken-38x. Her armor had a closet to be stored when not worn. In a secret box under her bed, she hid a box with the locations of her Mandalorian Contacts including an armorer, warrior, and other people. She didn't trust Joti yet to let her in on the secret.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ
Joti was of course a new resident aboard the solstice, and as such had yet to fully settle into her new home. Whereas Darsch was a woman of cleanliness and a quiet demeanor, Joti was disorganized, and would be the loud one, if she talked more and didn't play her music directly through her helmet's comms whenever she played anything.
Her room hadn't been furnished much, most of the furnishings were leftover from the room's previous designation, a few shelves and the odd table or two, most of which were filled with random commodities utilized by joti in her spare time. Kits for maintaining her weapons, especially her flamers, which were the few things kept neat and stored safely. Other than that and maybe some snacks, Her armour sat boxed in a corner while her weapons, A pair of DL-44s, and an
HW-55 Multi-blaster, sat on a table next to her gauntlets and one damaged shin guard, still broken from that fight on corellia.

Joti herself was sat at the very same table, staring at her broken gear while eating a ration bar, contemplating how best to repair or replace it, and how to better prepare herself for the next battle.

Meanwhile, her astromech, K1, beeped angrily at her while it moved her various belongings, strewn all over the room, from one place to another, attempting some for of organization.

Darsch Vizsla Darsch Vizsla

Darsch was trying to relax when Joti was being Joti and wouldn't shut up. She rolls over in her bed. Her armor was off and she just wore what she wore under the beskar. A black shirt and flight pants. She didn't bother to remove her boots as she was way too tired. She turns again to stare the her blue armor and it looked as if it stared back. The whole affair on Corellia left her a bit angry. There was no freaking fob and the bounty was also being watched by other forces.

She had planned to take Joti somewhere to upgrade her armor and gear before the disaster of a job. The Mandalorian finally sat up to go out to check on Joti. As she stood up, her hair covered her face a bit giving her an antisocial teenager look. She walks over to her desk and pulled a glove over her mechanical hand and went over to Joti's room. She knocks on the metal door waiting for a response.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

Joti's thoughts were dashes when darsch came knocking, or she assumed it'd be darsch anyway, she wasn't aware of anyone else on the ship. She turns the music down and stands up, ignoring K1's complaining and makes her way to the door, pushing a button and looking up at the tall vizsla as the durasteel door hissed open. She was dressed similarly to darsch, off grey, nearly white flight pants, and a black tank top.

"Can't sleep either, huh?"

She steps aside a little in case darsch didn't feel like standing in the hall.

"That last job has me paranoid.. we may be tracked or hunted."

She decided to enter the room. With a brush of her hand, she cleared the hair from her face revealing her cute yet intimidating freckled face. Her face looked tire and stressed. The music was another reason she couldn't sleep. Just everything going on affected her. She looks around Joti's disorganized room then looked at her with a sort of look of disappointment.

"Really.. anyway.. How's your leg?"

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

Joti had seen her face before on abafar, but only briefly. she hadn't noticed the freckles, and hadn't put much thought into the hair, which was red like hers, funny considering the sister dynamic they displayed on corellia.
Joti shakes her head and walks back to her seat, moving a few things out of another for darsch to sit.

"He clipped pretty good, not gunna lie... But, As long as I don't do anything too daring for the next few hours, that bacta spray should do the trick. Thinking about getting some stim packs or bacta bombs, then I can stay in the fight longer if this happens again"

She frowns at the thought of another job going south and sits down before looking to darsch.

"You look pretty stressed Darsch. care for a seat, maybe a drink? I mighta snagged a corellian ale or two when we arrived" she chuckled

She gave her red headed partner a smile as she sat down next to her. The sound of Correlian Ale had lifted her spirits a bit. It's been a long while since she had a drink. Last time she did, she got drunk and went on slaughter of bounty hunters who had killed her ex-girlfriend. Darsch doubted that Joti had ever felt similar pain.

"That sounds great. Thank you."

The question always lingered in her mind. She knew little of her partners clan. Darsch's clan was well known. It was one of greatest clan of mandalore. The one who once weirded the darksaber, the founders of death watch, and so much more. She took pride in her clan name.

"What clan did you come from, Joti?"

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

Joti smiled back and grabbed a bottle from under the table. there were already some cups around, which were filled with ale in no time.

When darsch asked her about her clan though, that smile faded. She took a quick swig of her ale and sighed. She knew that question might come along eventually, but it wasn't something she was looking forward to.

"You probably wouldn't have heard of them. They were always small, even smaller after the coronation"

She nudged the other cup darsch's way. She had a feeling darsch would persist though, and she'd didn't want to have this conversation sober, so she takes another, larger swig of her ale.

Darsch to the cup of ale and took a swig from it. The response from joti is not what she expected as she noticed the look on her face. The look of sorrow. Something had happened to her clan. The question needs to be answered and if she didn't ask it'll just stay there in her mind waiting for another time to ask.

"Tell me, Joti. I'm from Concordia too."

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

Joti sets her ale down with a light thud and and sharp exhale. she pulled the concordian card on me?!...

"Didn't know..." It was going to come up again sooner or later, might as well.

She stands up slowly, turns around and lifts the back of her shirt just enough to expose a
tattoo, one that she hadn't let anyone else see in a very long time. It came in the form of two half circles, each red with dull orange time like flame, a droplet matching the same color scheme in the upper half, and the letters "JJ" in mandalorian writing on the lower half, both flanking a single black flame in the center.

"Jjota" She then tucks her shirt in and sits back down, taking another drink.

"The name doesn't mean much anymore"

Jjota, the clan that was gone with Joti maybe being the only one from the clan left. Her face shifted to a small frown as she took another sip from her ale. The Mandalorian looked at her with a look of sympathy.

"I'm sorry for asking.."

She says quietly before taking another sip of ale. Now Darsch felt bad and she felt she deserves the feeling. Though she admired the look of the elblem. Darsch carried her mark on the abdomen. She lifts her shirt a bit to show it and give Joti a look at what a whole bunch of sit ups can get you. Darsch is a well built woman,

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

"Pfft... Now you're just showing off" she said with the barest hint of a smile. Two mandalorians, both having lost, bothing having come together under difficult circumstances, both had their clan's emblem tattooed on their bodies. Call destiny, the force, coincidence, it didn't matter. Maybe joti belonged here.

"Don't be sorry. It's only fair I guess, I probably know about you than you know about me still"

There was a short pause. she could tell, or at least suspected what darsch wa thinking. that joti was the last of her clan. It was probably true, but she didn't like darsch worrying right now.

"There might still be jjota out there. Our disappearance was... complicated. Part of our clan had ties to house viszla, to your people. Part of the clan didn't, most who weren't were satisfied with clan cadera, even after... The red coronation. There was a blood feud between varying members of the clan, but some us, like my folks, remained neutral. We scattered after the fall of mandalore but.. there might be jjota out there still?"

"We can hope that there are still more of us scattered. Surviving. Only good thing is that prices for mandalorian bounty hunters went up."

She smiles and looks at Joti again. Damn. she thought, Joti has redder hair than me.. it's kinda lovely.. She shook her head to stop thinking about stuff like that. The fall of mandalore left Darsch scarred both physically and mentally. At times she'd have a random mental breakdown in her quarters. But the fall did the same to everyone. She takes another large swig from the cup and tapped on the table for Joti to pour some more.

"I need this.. it's been a while since I've drank."

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

"pffft... A woman after my own, black, heart" She stifled a chuckle, pouring another round for both of them.

The fall had hit her hard too, but not as hard as someone who might have fought during the war, someone who might have lost in that war. Joti had steered well clear of the fighting there, just like her folks. she took small time mercenary work to keep herself sharp, but she wasn't some patriotic hero, not that she'd mention those little details. And even if it was a joke, Joti knew that darsch was right. There opportunities in this new world, and she aimed to take advantage of some of them.

"So, any idea where we might go next? I can try and dig up some leads if the business hasn't scared you off yet" She says with a wink, referring to more bounties. She knew Darsch didn't think too highly of bounty hunters, but that was most of joti's life these past few years. She wished she had something more agreeable to suggest though.

Again with the bounty work. She needs to find something better and more honorable. Maybe take some morally right jobs. Joti would need to fix up her greedy habits for Darsch to trust her with something great. Maybe soon that'll change and she'd be better. Her arms crossed and the thought of Joti's wink had got Darsch looking a little bit happy. Another sip from the ale would worsen this but this made her feel good.

"Try finding a job that doesn't involve anything morally wrong. We're honorable people and we shouldn't do such things. This is the way."

Darsch says the famous mandalorian saying before sitting back.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

Sigh "I Guess it is" She says with a subtle smirk. She knew it would annoy her if she didn't say it, but maybe that was the point. She takes another sip and sits back, trying to come up with something better.

"Not that it really matters, But not all hunts are "Morally wrong". Depending on you moralls" she chuckles.

"Some people deserve it too..." Several people came to mind when she said it. Most of which had gotten what they deserved a long time ago. Some however, would just have to wait.

"Truth be told... I've let people go before. There was this guy on Nar Shaddaa..." She tried to hide it, but that smile crept back up thinking about him.

"We uhh.. I tried luring him out, made sure I looked pretty, yeah?" she chuckled. "He was kinda cut I guess. Once he figured out what was going, He surrendered is weapon... He karkin' hired me" She laughed.

"I know what you're thinking, you best stop"

"And what am I thinking? You all of a sudden a jedi now?"

She chuckles and hoped it wasn't about her looking at her body and complimenting her appearance. What she said just now sort of made the almost drunk Darsch chuckle. It was stupid.

"I meant the ones who need to be removed from the galaxy. Either killed or imprisoned."

Darsch says that as she took another swig from her cup. Her gaze was not steady and your average drunken gaze. Jeez, Joti.. when did you cut your hair.. it's awesome. The expression on her face was a drunken smirk now.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

She laughed hard at that one, a little harder, and louder than she meant. she was... more than a little buzzed.

"Hahahaha! No!" she takes a moment to regain her breath.

"No, no. I can't stand jedi... Those "Peacekeepers" and their hokey religion. I don't like the sith much either. I've only met one with the force that I didn't want to shoot. The cute one I mentioned"

She laughed quietly just a little more.

"No, I was just worried that you would be worried about me bringing bounties home, but not for the money" She chuckled, followed by another wink at darsch.

Joti had gotten into all kinds of mischief in the short amount of time she'd been roaming the galaxy, and that meeting on nar shaddaa was one of the more pleasant times out of more recent events.

"I still can't decide who got into who's head that night. Never thought I'd be kissin' in a coffee shop like that" she giggled drunkenly, until it hit her, she said that out loud. didn't she.

What Joti just said caused Darsch to blush brightly and stare at her with a look of surprise. Is she serious right now. She knew the red head was a bit crazy but now this. Earlier the wink had caught Darsch off guard a bit but then this took the cake. What she said about bring bounties home sorta set off a red flag in her head. She stares at her with the cup of ale in her hands.

"Joti, there's no way I'm letting you bring a bounty home for something other than bounties.. Last thing I need is you to end up knocked up or us dead in our sleep from whoever you bring home! Stop winking at me.. You're gonna make me catch more feelings.." She stopped her drunk self from saying what she was going to say to her partner. That would not be good for her. Vizla had a blush on her face that was pretty obvious. She takes a nervous sip from her ale then looking back to Joti. What she said about the kiss also made Darsch feel a sense of jealousy because someone had done that to her.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

"pffft! Oh come on-" She says drunkenly. "Don't tell me that you've never gone from enemy to friend with anyone. We're mandalorian, We fight, we love, often times both. I mean look at us, you were ready to blast me a week ago, and I mighta done the same if things had gone differently" She was almost too drunk to notice her blushing. almost.

"Catch more feelings?" She didn't quite get it, and with one last swig of corellian ale she was too drunk to really put in the effort to ponder on that thought.

"Look, I'm not that stupid, that's why I said not to thunk it. think it. Chit. anyway, there's too many reasons for me avoid parenting and too many ways to keep that from happening in this day and age for you to be worried about that of all things..."

There was a period of silence as she stared blankly at the ceiling, sitting back in her chair.

"I couldn't keep anyone that long if I wanted to. It'll never happen"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom