Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Slaughter On Rannon

D E S P I S E D
7rCBkGZ.jpg
Tag: Message me

“No More Verds! No More Verds! No More Verds!”

Rann watched from his balcony, his head resting in his folded arms as a crowd of Rannon’s citizens, his citizens marched down the Main Street of his city, Point Besboi carrying melee weapons, a few blasters, a few insulting signs calling him a Metuspawn…that was one of the nicer ones. The classic insult about his Mother’s sexual proclivities and one insinuating that…perhaps Rann’s father was the Milkman instead of Isley Verd.

“Why do people keep saying that.” He mumbled to himself as they continued their approach, chanting all the while. Rann watched as they passed security checkpoints and his meager forces either did nothing or joined them on their March.

“Concerning.” He said with a sigh. He remembered what Srina Talon had told him not so long ago. The people would turn on him like that. And they did. It didn’t take much. Just the outcome of a war so far away was all it took. The Mantle of the Sith had fallen and a power vacuum remained as the New Imperial Order claimed victory in the Third Imperial Civil War. Refugees fleeing the war and the notion that perhaps the Dark Side WASNT invulnerable after all had led to a rise in dissatisfaction towards Darth Metus and, by extension, Rann as a child of Metus.

No, it didn’t take much. And it wasn’t even his fault. Probably. He hadn’t remembered doing anything that tyrannical. He hadn’t even begun construction on his vain, overly expensive and unnecessary palace. If only they had waited a few more months, then Rann’d at least agree with most of their complaints. As it stood, he was merely annoyed. He should have listened to Srina Talons advice, perhaps this could have been avoided. If they truly feared him, they wouldn’t dare raise their hands to him now. Alas, it was too late. They had decided.

He sighed through his arms and stood up, placing a hand on the railing.
“I will not surrender so easily!” he yelled defiantly, unsure if the crowd could hear him over the chants. As he turned to enter his Penthouse he made an obscene and rude gesture with his metallic right hand.

Entering the Penthouse, he immediately began to prepare. His armor, which consisted mainly of his vambraces and Mask, and his robes. Black with golden trim. His signature look.

He would give them the evil they so desired. They would get the best of Rann if they came for him. Any who came for him would. Finally, he retrieved his dual lightsabers and hung them from his belt and, as soon as he pampered himself, made sure he looked presentable, he sat down behind his desk, mask in hand. He stared at the metal. Mandalorian style to honor his Father, and also bonus points for intimidation factor. It too had golden designs on its red base. It was meant to be a challenge. Inspire fear and awe in equal measure. Apparently as evidenced by the crowd outside?

It had done neither. But Rann would remedy that.

“Any who come for me. Die.” He stared at his mask focusing on his anger and rage. How dare they rise against him?! Their better?! This transgression would not be forgiven. Or forgotten.

And so he would wait. Until the doors opened with a loud crash and several armed men entered. Seven. With more in the hallway. Several security guards were with them. Traitors, but unsurprising, Rann thought as they surrounded his desk in a U shape along the edge of the room.

“We don’t want you here anymore Metuspawn!” Came apparently the leader in the middle. Rann looked up at him. An unkempt miner. Tall, good looking. The look of a charismatic leader about him minus the muck. A fine first target. Next to him, a Traitor Guard with his weapon raised A better second target.

“I am not my father.” He replied, standing and putting on his mask. As his voice changed to a more metallic one emanating from his mask his would be deposers waivered just a bit. “You have one chance. Leave now or die.” No flowery language. No jokes. A simple ultimatum. One he intended to follow through with.

“You’re under arr-ack cough!” The leader grasped at his throat as Rann raised his hand, lifting the leader into the air.
“You’ve chosen poorly.” He said coldly, roaring as he slammed the poor man into the ground with a sickening thud on impact before throwing him against another attacker. Within an instant Rann had drawn both Lightsabers and leapt over his desk as the guard fired his weapon. Yet Rann was prepared, deflecting a blast from the shaken Revolutionary into the ceiling as he closed the distance and removed the shooter’s hand from his arm.

A loud, blood curdling scream came as the man dropped backward, grabbing at what used to be his hand and dropping his now useless, cleaved in two weapon on the ground.

“Get him!” A war cry from another attacker to his left, standing over the broken form of the leader as he helped up the soul trapped beneath him.

“Yes. Get me.” Rann replied as he readied his sabers, rotating to face any would be attacker.Yet no one moved. No one in front or behind him, and the hallway was silent.

“No? Don’t worry. I’ll come get you instead.” He laughed and spun around, rushing towards the man who spoke and impaling him on the end of the sabers. With a shocked cry, the mans eyes went dark and his body limp as Rann withdrew his sabers and looked down at the Revolutionary that was hit with the leaders body. With a flick of Rann’s head, the man went sailing through the air, crashing through Rann’s glass windows and falling, screaming, to the ground below.

“You deserve every second of this for your betrayals!” He yelled as he pointed his lightsabers at the remaining attackers. The guard in the middle still doubled over on the ground clutching his hand started crying. “I-I-I-I’m s-s-sorry-y-y.” He begged as he sobbed.

“I’m not.” Rann responded as he threw his lightsaber at the downed man, separating his head from his shoulders before recalling the saber to his hand.

“This is too easy!” He cackled as the remaining men in the room regrouped with eachother. “Ooh all my targets in one place. Smart. I’ll never see that coming.” He laughed, yet the smile and laughter died just as quickly as ten men shouldering repeating blasters pushed through the crowd, taking up positions along the far side of the room from Rann.

“Open Fire!” Came an order from one of the men and a hail of blaster bolts flew at Rann as he attempted to dance around the attacks, deflecting what he could. But now the crowd was emboldened with Rann on the back foot, and they began to enter the room with their little holdouts and mining lasers, taking their chance and shooting at Rann.

He was good, but he wasn’t this good as a lucky blaster caught him in the side And he doubled over, falling back to the ground yelling in painas the order to cease fire came and his lightsabers disignited.

“We can beat them!” A voice from the crowd came as cheering began.

“You are under arrest my Lordan officer in his Security Forces. A traitor.

Rann gasped in pain, looking up at his attackers.
“Traitors. All of you.” He said, grimacing.

“That’s alright. That’s okay. We know what to do with traitors.” He chuckled and inhaled deeply, wincing from the pain in his side.

“Traitors hang.” He said as he raised his hand, summoning all of his pain, all of his anger and commanding the force to obey him, and it did. Grabbing his attackers by the throat, he raised all of them up into the air, choking them as yet more watched from the hall. A few brave souls marched forward to save their friends and compatriots, but too late. Rann squeezed his hand tight, breaking the necks of his traitorous attackers as he rose back to his feet shakily. “Who’s next?” He asked, looking at the remaining men in the room and those in the door.

“He’s a monster! Run!” Came the response as the men in his room broke and ran out the door, screams and panic as the crowd fled down the hall. Rann took one last look around, admiring his handiwork.

“Not…not bad.” He remarked, grabbing his side. He retrieved his two lightsabers and returned them to his belt as he made his way out of his office, moving as fast as he could.

He had won that engagement. Or… survived. But he knew that wasn’t likely to happen again. If they had access to the repeating blasters they could have access to more… exciting things. He didn’t doubt they’d bring the building down to kill him if need be.

“What if…” he asked, turning back around and heading back into his office. The lead Officer with the repeating blaster lie dead in front of all the others, a satchel around his waist.

“That’s lucky.” Rann chuckled as he looked inside. Thermal Detonators. Just what he needed. If they brought the building down. That’d be bad. But if he did? Well… he wasn’t winning this revolution. But he wasn’t going to leave without one major ‘screw you’.

Taking the bag of explosives, Rann made his way to the elevator. Luckily the remaining Revolutionaries that had entered the building were either hiding waiting for reinforcements or had left entirely.

Good enough for me he thought as he entered the turbolift and hit the basement. As the elevator descended Rann turned around looking out the windows of the lift. He saw the crowd surrounding the building and knew that they saw the lift descend. No doubt they’d be waiting for him on the ground floor. But he wasn’t going there.

Down in the sub level was the generator for the building. Nothing too fancy, nothing too strong, but powerful enough that several exploding Thermal Detonators and it would probably cause the building to collapse. And this was the plan. Rann set the detonators timers and threw the bag at the Generator. The bag hit with a loud thunk and Rann turned and walked a few paces away, finding the buildings sewer entrance. He needed to move. Fast. he opened the grate and descended, recoiling at the smell before pressing forward.

He pushed himself, utilizing the force to enhance his speed, gripping his side as he ran, turning corners, leaping over obstacles as he reached his destination. A club he had never finished.

The Fish Tank.

He ascended the ladder as quickly as he could and entered into the sub level of the club, shutting the grate behind him as a loud explosion and rumble emanated throughout the city. With a sigh, Rann fell to the ground on a knee, gripping his side and then falling back onto the ground. He began to feel the intense wave of pain washing over him, but he knew he was safe. For the moment anyway. He doubted anyone would come looking for him here, even if they figured he survived the explosion. This was a place he could relax. Wait it out. Try to contact help. Somehow. It wouldn’t be long until the events here were broadcast across Confederate space. Soon, everyone would know that, at the very least, an explosion occurred and at least a hundred were dead.

But that would be tomorrow’s problem, he thought, as he crawled over to a nearby wall and shut his eyes…

Last edited:
will you sink down to me?
Far, far away, one of the Coruscanti Temple’s many training rooms swam in all dim light until a small click resounded and a group of mean-looking, humanoid holograms projected down from the ceiling into the room’s depressed ring. Damsy stepped in from the sidelines, hair down but partly dreaded, top a cut-off leather tank. Her ever-true electrotrident was already in her hand, but extended to its full reach as she walked. Electricity switching on followed soon after.

She didn't have time to come to a full stop as the Twi’lek holo swiped, an easy blow for her to lean out of range of. She retuned to her center of gravity then an blow of her own: a thrust of the staff's brunt into the animated dummy's chest. If the holo had been humanoid, she would have forced the bar up, effectively running every last breath of air from her assailant's lungs, but enough was enough for now. The momentum sent invisible ripples through the projection that broke its translucent yellow a few moments before the whole being faltered and the light deconstructed at once.

It was her that faltered next.

A sensation not unlike heart pain brought her nearly to the ground; she was able to catch her body on one knee, but her weapon didn't benefit from such quick reflexes. It clattered to the ground with the ring of half-hollow beskar and the fizz of dying sparks. She clutched at her heart with one hand and braced herself on the floor with the other.

"Ashla feth," she muttered after looking up to see a human closing on her. With no idea what was happening, she decided whatever it was was no excuse to shirk training--solo or otherwise. So she pushed off the ground a millisecond before contorting her body. She landed on her feet, backed up a few jumped strides, and saw that she had knocked the man to the ground moments before his image too evaporated.

She had only begun to smile before cold dread shot through her as she felt a foreign body of energy brush against her aura. She yelped out this time, reaching her own fingers out into the empyrean to steady her metaphysical self as it threatened to knock off balance. Turning about-face, she looked to the walls with furrowed brow. One of the targets left behind her lashed out, unbothered by the onslaught of mysterious feelings, but its hand harmlessly cut through Damsy's body.

Well.

There was some static, but she barely felt it, so enthralled by the Force.

She held up a hand and flipped some switch out of sight, probably the same one she had mechanically thrown to start up the training session. When the remaining holos powered off with a series of buzzes, the room was finally still enough to allow her to sit with this new feeling. At first, she thought she ought get her shebs to the nearest medbay; perhaps venturing into the netherworld had effected her much more than she, or anyone, had initially thought it had. But that assumption passed quickly, as the Force's signatures ran more and more familiar as they hung around her:

None of the strange, cold neutrality of the Omni.

All of the stormy grey confusion of...

"...Rann." She spoke the name quietly and slowly, like she was getting to know him all over again. She hadn't seen him for so long, but his soul was still as unmistakable as if she was looking right at him again.

"Rann!"

The Force, her Force, pulled her weapon to her and hung it at her belt, then she took off into the grand NJO hallways.

Rann Thress Rann Thress

Last edited:
Several Hours Later…

Lights shown across the stage that was hastily created on the steps of the Administrative building, focusing on a podium as Gavin approached.
With a data pad in his hand. As he stood directly behind the podium, he set the data pad down and took a breath before raising his eyes to see what lie before him in th

A sizable crowd had gathered in front of the building, with several drones hovering about, recording the ordeal for those who were watching from their homes.

It had thus far been a dark day, and it wasn’t likely to get any better. In truth, Gavin suspected that it was going to get worse. Much worse. Much work remained to be done, and now it fell on him and practically him alone to sort through the mess.
But the first thing to be done was this. An address to the people. An idea of what happened. An attempt to salvage the situation.

“My fellow citizens of Rannon,” he began, “today has been a dark blemish on our recent history. An event which will live on in our minds for some time. A terrible tragedy.” He paused and looked down at is datapad, collecting his thoughts, before raising his head and addressing the audience again.

“Earlier today, in the center of our city, an act of defiance and insurrection occurred against the Lord of the planet, Rann Thress.” As he finished speaking, several jeers and insults came from the crowd. Gavin held up a hand in an attempt to silence them and continued. “You didn’t let me finish, let me speak.” He said, clearing his throat and continuing.

“Now regardless of what you may think. What happened was illegal. The attempted overthrow of a planetary governor does qualify as an act of insurrection. That is fact. However… what happened next… well details are unclear.”

“What we do know, is that a large group of protesters went up to the penthouse, where Rann Thress lived, and apparently asked for his surrender, or exile. Details are unclear. As are what happened next, as any witnesses are… difficult to locate. A fight occurred, and all of The protestors were killed or fled. Then, a few minutes later, the building was consumed in an explosion and reduced to rubble.” He paused to take a deep breath, “killing hundreds.” He finished and shook his head.

“The death toll continues to rise as more dead are identified. And yet more remain unaccounted for. Now… several theories emerged as to what exactly happened… and I should address these. Theory one: Protestors detonated explosives in an attempt to kill Rann Thress. Or… theory two: Rann Thress detonated the explosives himself.” He shook his head again. He didn’t know if Rann was capable of such a thing…or didn’t want to. But he admitted quietly to himself that this was more than likely what had happened.

“If he was responsible, Rann Thress is an enemy to the people of Rannon and is henceforth branded as such. A terrorist, and a criminal. However I stress that we do not know for sure if this is the truth. And, even if it was, Rann Thress is presumed killed in the explosion.” Gavin turned to the side and signaled an attendant to bring something. A charred red mask. The mask Rann first used in his duel against Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner . Gavin took it from the attendant and raised it. “This was found at the scene of the explosion in the rubble.” He announced. “The mask Thress used to instill fear and awe in friend and foe alike. With this mask in our possession… found at the site. I feel we have the evidence we need to declare Thress killed in the explosion. Whether his fault or not, we can assume with confidence he will not return.” Gavin dropped the mask and lifted his head, staring at the crowd.

“Now is a time for unity. And for reconstruction. Now is a time for Rannon to be strong. Show the galaxy that we are not a backwater, that we can rebound from this. We will not be overlooked. And we will not be insulted. Not by anyone. Never again.” Gavin finished triumphantly as he turned to walk off the stage amidst cheers that he had tuned out.

He knew the mask wasn’t the one Rann was using. That mask was old, made of conductive materials. Had a more ornate design to it thanks to Haysian Smelt used in its creation. The one Rann wore now was… a bite more subtle. Less conductivity.

But the people needed an answer. Even if it was wrong. Rann Thress, he thought, was surely still alive. And if he was on the planet…

They were all in danger.

Damsy Callat Damsy Callat

: || Miss Callat— || :

The feminine voice of Damsy Callat’s AI rang over the intercom and bounced through the Nauti’s halls. It reached her in the cargo hold despite it being quite a bit more crowded with supply crates of various sizes than when Forerunner had been her most recent passenger. She stood at a far wall, one leg planted on the hall, the other’s knee folded on a nearby lid, hands messing with servos. “Kinda busy here, Urs…” she strained her neck and called back.

: || —do excuse me, but you asked me to, and I quote from my databanks, do you ‘a favour and just fethin’ deck’ you should we ever find our way into Confederated space once more. || : A brief pause. : || And, well, here we are. || :

…HeRe We ArE, Damsy thought, making a face. It was at moments like these, Ursula was almost too much. Though Damsy had programmed the AI, she had somehow inherited only her creator’s banter and wit, rather than the foul language, unlike Haas and SIRE who shared almost all their characteristics. Maybe Urs had overwrote the latter after the initial programming…

Touché. A Damsy thing to do.

She replied, “They won’t even notice us, ‘lax.” CIS had bigger problems. For once, frying fish for desertion and expatriatism wasn’t top of that list. Damsy smiled to herself a little, happy ghost; she didn’t think she would ever see the day. If the sun was physically (and emotionally) out on Rannon, she’d be able to enjoy her former, purple stomping grounds like a normal person—without looking constantly over her shoulder and kinking her neck in a manner she might never be able to wring out.

Perhaps she could finally take a dip in the Fish Tank?

: || So, should I cancel your previous command? || :

The wires she was working on sparked at her. Not her doing.

Damsy jumped back, about to fall over until she managed to get her foot under her. “YES!” she exclaimed, then muttered, “Ashla,” as she shuffled back to work once the electricity had fizzled out.

She didn’t get much done before the next few beats of silence had passed. And Urs advised, : || Your future will never stand a chance to change if you do not let alone the past. || :

I am leavin’ the past ‘lone, Urs. It’s just not leavin’ me ‘lone.Good enough. Damsy leaned away from the servo just enough to reach around and swing the panel cover closed. Latch it in place. “I’m okay with being a bad daughter, right, but a bad sister?” She forced air through her nose, a sign, perhaps, that she was spending too much time with Keziah. Picking up her habits? Next thing you knew, Damsy’d be growing little blue scales…wait.

Right. She already had plenty of those gilded over with humanoid skin.

: || Half-. || :

The correction was fully expected, but Damsy still rolled her eyes at the ground, having bent down for a drop towel at her feet. Grease and scorch marks were the only mediums she had ever painted with. Though she was by now quite proficient, no one in their right mind would buy abstract art by Damsy Callat. “Keep your percentages to your own damn self. Blood’s blood, a’ight?

: || A’ight, Miss. || : There was the missing vocab. Maybe just as well Urs didn’t speak seriously like that. It sounded ridiculous coming out of her vocabulary, but, then again:

960da37aff85488140571feaa5d94ec3.gif

It wasn’t long before the Nauti shook off the icy blues of hyperspace and a face of Rannon greeted her. As they drew even closer and Damsy took to the pilot’s seat, though not quite ready to switch out of autopilot, Ursula spoke again.

: || I have found a planetwide transmission over the holonet. Shall I patch us in? || :

Damsy nodded, settling further into her seat. It was never a bad idea to be apprised of current happenings on the planet one was preparing to land upon. “Yeah. Hit me.

A miniature projection of Gavin Nalle Gavin Nalle swam its way onto the dashboard. After listening to the end of his speech, she had one thing to say.

Chit,” Damsy muttered. Then she didn’t, banging a hand on the console for good measure. “Chit, chit, chit! Ursula, get me the Viceroy.” When he either picked up her hail or his voice message system did, she’d begin without breathing room for niceties. Even if he wasn’t one of the precious few people in the Confederacy who probably still remembered and/or respected who she was, her tone would betray certain hints.

Gavin, what on all the oceans’ tides!?

Tell me I ain't too late.

Last edited:

GreyB.gif

Tag: Rann Thress Rann Thress | Damsy Callat Damsy Callat
Wearing: Grey

The smoke that wafted from the way behind had yet to settle. With it came the stench of foulness. Thermal detonators had a particular way of searing the air and the earth that was unmistakable. They created a micro-hell, yet, it was all the universe to those caught within it. They were there and gone in the blink of an eye. A moment of calm. A breath. A heartbeat while they looked for the object of their hatred. The fierce, painful, bleeding need to put him down. Reason had been left by the wayside.

Time would slow.

Stop.

Rann Thress Rann Thress would feel a hand rest on his forehead. Eyes closed; he wouldn’t see her right away though had he the energy that might change quickly. The white-clad woman knelt down in the dust of the club beside him like a lotus in a reverse bloom. Her hair was liquid moonlight and her skin would seem so milk-pale that it gave the appearance of translucency. She held a faint glow that was unmistakable with something of the ethereal. A presence that was akin to a cooling rain after the longest day of the hottest summer. She was there and not there. Present and not. Real?

Maybe.

Maybe not.

<<This is not what I had in mind.>>

The voice that met his ears echoed from lips that barely seemed to move. It was severe and mercurial. Sharp. As only broken glass could be—But hollow all the same. The hand from his forehead fell to his shoulder but he wouldn’t feel any warmth in her touch. Only pressure. She seemed to wait until he could focus, though, the ceiling shook as several more explosions went off. The floor shook.

His carnage was not yet complete.

A pipe burst in the sub-level and water would soon begin to flood into the opposite end of the room. Ground quakes had likely dislodged it. The apparition didn’t turn around to look at the sound but her empty expression seemed to force him to take notice. <<Is this what you intended to be? A slayer of weak-minded fools? Beaten, bloodied, and buried alive in a filthy basement?>>

Water. More water. Though the smoke didn’t seem to move the sound of water flowing would still pervade his consciousness. It would come with an eerie sense of twilight that trapped him between a sense of normality and total insanity. Confusion. <<Water has memory, little Lord.>>

<<Perfect memory. It is forever trying to get back to where it started. You can’t go back. You can never go back.>>

The hand from his shoulder moved to rest directly over his heart. The cold would grow colder. He would feel a sense of creeping frost slice through his veins so quickly that it brought time back to where it should be. It would drown out the fire from his wound and make his teeth chatter. Not from cold. From power that didn’t belong to him. Strength, untold. Pure and dark as pitch.

<<Get up. You are not safe.>>

The words echoed. The pressure intensified, until, the words met his ears in a deafening crash.

<<Move!>>

The Dread Queen, or, something that looked like her was gone.

For now.

Whether Srina is really there or not is 100% up to the characters <3 - Invited by Rann for a spicy cameo.

Last edited:
D E S P I S E D
7rCBkGZ.jpg

Tag: Damsy Callat Damsy Callat Srina Talon Srina Talon

The quiet was nice. Soothing. Despite everything that had happened today, it was peaceful where Rann lie. His back remained against the wall, with his hand resting gently on his wound and naught but perfect silence to keep him company as he rested.

Too quiet. Too peaceful. A coolness crept into the world around him, taking shape as he waited. A presence he had felt beyond his mind, beyond reality. A friend? An enemy? Family? Yes… Damsy was on her way. Rann could feel her echo through the Force. Distant. Yet this wasn’t the whisper he had felt tugging at the edge of his conscience and resting a phantom hand on his forehead. He opened his eyes, struggling to focus through the pain. He blinked several times, trying to clear his vision as he looked around the dark, vacant Basement. All empty… except for a whisp. A shimmer. A phantom that only seemed to gain shape if Rann wasn’t looking directly at it. It was familiar. Beautiful yet cold. A shape Rann had known quite well. An apparition he would not expect to see.

<<This is not what I had in mind.>>

Rann stirred, blinking again as he turned his head towards where he imagined the Voice was.

“S…Srina?” He struggled to speak, his mouth was dry and his side ached as his mask distorted his voice. Yet he called out to nothing. Nothing was here. Until he turned his head away from the voice, then there it was. There she was.

“Are…are you here?” He asked as the presence upon his forehead retreated and reappeared on his shoulder, and he reached a shaking hand up to his mask, removing it. He was not trusting what little he could or could not see through its eye slit. He blinked again, tears welling in his eyes from the pain that, at last, he could no longer stop himself from feeling. Pain, and shame. He had failed. “You’re not. Are you? I’m…sigh. I’m talking to no one. I don’t want to die alone.” He frowned, looking around. “I…I tried. I couldn’t. I didn’t want this to happen. Any of it.” He spoke to the shimmer around him that he wasn’t quite sure was actually there or not. He lay his head back against the wall and exhaled, wincing as he did. He lifted his head and looked at the charred skin on his side. It felt as if it was still burning, eating it’s way through his insides.

And just as it burned, the city burned. His city burned. The explosion from his building, his tower, had had unforeseen consequences. It was only natural, it had been a desperate and unnecessary gamble. A statement…and for what? Nothing.

nothing.

Suddenly, a pipe on the far end burst in slow motion. and Rann looked at it, as if compelled by an unseen force. Water had begun to fill the basement in long, beautiful silent streams that appeared to move a thousand miles a hour yet barely moved at all. Yet somehow, Rann knew it would not be long, a few hours at most, until he would be submerged and likely drown.

<<Is this what you intended to be? A slayer of weak-minded fools? Beaten, bloodied, and buried alive in a filthy basement?>> came a voice. The same voice, her voice from inside his mind, yet outside it as well. Both here and not in equal measure.

“No. No I…” he stopped, looking back towards the water, “No. I…want…I wanted to be the best. Shrouded in opulence, entombed in gold. Not…” he inhaled and grabbed his side as it flared in pain. “Not forgotten in the mud,” he finished as he looked back at the vision. The seemingly real Srina Talon disappearing as his eyes moved to meet where hers would have been.

“I wish I could start over. Go back. To…home. To earlier today at least.” He spoke to the empty air next to him. “I can do better. I know I can, I…”

<<Water has memory, little Lord.>>

The water in the pipe seemed to crawl back up from whence it came, only to tumble back out in the same motion yet stillness as it had seconds before as Rann turned back to observe it. As he did, she appeared again. Ever present, ever real on the edge of his vision.

<<Perfect memory. It is forever trying to get back to where it started. You can’t go back. You can never go back.>>

He shook his head. He knew the vision was right. Time only ever marches onward. Not back, as the water continued to fall yet remain still. He felt a hand on his chest, right over his heart, and moved his own hand to rest upon it for comfort, yet found nothing. No hand was there, no presence. Yet he felt something. He had to. But only his own clothing and body lay where his hand did as the air grew colder and colder. The pain in his side subsided suddenly. And the cool presence in his mind retreated as well.

<<Get up. You are not safe.>>

The building rumbled, and time returned to normal. Rann looked at the far end of the room through the eye slit of the mask he never removed towards where the water pipe rested. He somehow knew it would rupture and, as it did, he groaned. He could not stay here much longer, the basement would flood soon. And although the pain had subsided, he still felt tired, he still wanted to close his eyes and wai—

<<Move!>>

One final push, a final crash into his mind that goaded him into action as he leaned forward, fueled by the need to survive. He groaned as he rose to a knee and with a sharp exhale, rose shakily to his feet. This building wasn’t safe. The infrastructure was damaged in the explosion, that much was obvious. But beyond that he hadn’t secured it. Who knew what lie up the stairs on the main floor? He had to go up and find out. He had to make sure he was alone here before he could make any other preparations or plans. He wasn’t done. Not yet.

He had to live. Had to fight. And so, Rann ascended the staircase, ready for what come next.

Damsy Callat Damsy Callat

Gavin recognized the voice almost immediately, and it wasn’t one he had expected to hear inside CIS space again. He wanted to tell her everything, but he wasn’t aware how secure the channel, or if anyone could listen back on what was being said. He’d have to be careful, considerate about what he would say.

“Hello dear friend,” he started, looking around for anyone listening into him.
“I’m afraid there’s been an incident here on Rannon and I can’t entertain for very long. You know how your brother is, though. The party is going to have to be canceled, but I don’t know where he is to tell him that. You’d probably know where he is more than I would, but I can’t spare time to look for him anyway. As I said, there’s been an incident on Rannon and we need to find the person responsible and he needs to be dealt with when we do. I hope you understand. Have a good day, my dear friend.”

He closed off the comms and continued about his business. Much remained to be done, he just hoped Damsy would get his message.

Srina Talon Srina Talon Damsy Callat Damsy Callat Rann Thress Rann Thress

Brushed off.

Well.

Before Damsy could get a word in edgewise, the channel had shut down and fizzed out before her eyes. She sighed heavy and dramatically sat back in her seat.

: || Shall I call him back? || : Ursula offered softly after a beat tight with frustrated tension.

"Nah," Damsy breathed through her nose with barely any mouth movement. "Let it 'lone."

She should have expected the reaction, but she hadn't been able to make the prediction looking out through the dense fog of concern for Rann that had pulled over her mind and stayed right there since Coruscant. Now, though, in hindsight she could admit that holding a meaningful conversation with any of the Viceroyalty had been an impossible shot. She didn't pretend to know what they thought of her, but if the opinions she knew for fact Adron Malvern Adron Malvern and Typhan Berrezz Typhan Berrezz held were part of a theme, well, she could guess.

: || Then shall I turn us 'round? || :

"No. I still gotta find Rann." Damsy began twiddling her fingers, half thoughtful and half idle. "Gav said I'd know better than him." Maybe there was something to that statement. Maybe it hadn't just been a half-shebbed excuse to hang up on her. She wasn't sure if he knew about the first time her Force bond with Rann had come to his rescue, back before Rannon was properly settled, or if he was even aware of the connection at all, but it was probable since he had insinuated what he had.

: || Do you? || :

Damsy pulled her legs out from under the console and across the floor in preparation to sit upright. She did. Stood too. "I don't know. But we'll figure it out. Keep Nauti in orbit. I ain't ready for entrance yet." She took her leave from the cockpit, nearly jogging through the connective hallway to the main hold then over to her quarters. Inside, Keziah pushed her little face up against the cool glass of here miniature aquarium before floating up to the water's surface and blowing a stream of bubbles over the top of her enclosure. "Hiya, Kez--" Damsy stopped in her tracks, a similar feeling as the one she had experiences hours earlier in the Core pulling at her heart.

Rann's energy.

She hadn't lost sight of it over the starlanes, but it's presence had surely dulled even as she had been drawing closer to it. Now, suddenly, it was clear again.

"Fething Fish Tank!!" Damsy exclaimed, stomping a foot in slight irritation she hadn't thought of it before. "Thanks, Kezi!" She rushed back though her steps, shouting now at Urs, "Nevermind! I'm ready!"

The touchdown was rocky because all the actual landing pads had been taken up by emergency response hovercrafts and ships, not that Damsy was complaining. That's how it should have been. She was, though, realizing as she flew through the cityscape that the incident Nalle had spoken of had been much more extensive than a explosion. The streets smelled of rebellion even through the thick glass of the spaceshield.

Smoke and blood joined the ranks when Damsy trekked the semi-crowded streets towards the unfinished bar for which she had been inspiration--not quite the namesake. She had decided to land in the outskirts of town to be out of the way. If Rann needed extraction when she found him, that might complicate things, but, Ashla dammit, she was a Dauntless veteran! She'd make it look easy as pie regardless.

Damsy slipped into the Fish Tank from the back service entrance where the alley had been quiet enough to avoid prying eyes and/or a curious pursuer. When she came upon the first corner, she instinctively reached to her hip for the dartgun she had gifted Kai Bamarri Kai Bamarri weeks ago now. She shook her head silently at herself, improvised by opening her right hand, charging a lightning blast, and slowly inched around the way...

Rann Thress Rann Thress | Srina Talon Srina Talon | Gavin Nalle Gavin Nalle

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom