Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply The 'Skyward' Sanctuary of 'Elevated' Enlightenment

wb1.png
TAGS:
@
alexboarder.png

Ooc: Will take more than 1 first reply, dm after first person to join

Braze surveyed the expansive grasslands of Lothal, his eyes seeking a tree sturdy enough to bear the weight of his ambitions. The planet's climate was predominantly arid, the land populated by clusters of wildflowers that had learned to adapt to the sparse rainfall. Patches of blue meiloorun melons also adorned the terrain, their distinctive coloration a sharp contrast to the golden-yellow fields. But what caught Braze's attention was an unusual union of trees—two or three of them, it was hard to tell—that had grown so closely together they formed one colossal arbor.

The massive tree stood like a sentinel on the plains, offering a generous canopy of shade amidst a sea of sun-drenched grass. It was here, beneath the boughs, where Braze could see his treehouse taking shape. The wildflowers around its base—a vibrant mixture of red, blue, and purple hues—suggested a natural resilience, an unspoken promise that life thrived here.

"It has to be this one," Braze muttered to himself, visualizing how he'd start his endeavor. According to his Jedi teachings, everything had a foundation, a core, a balance; his treehouse would be no exception.

Drawing his survival knife—a recent gift that he'd already found invaluable—he started by carefully carving notches into one of the tree's lower branches, marking where support beams and floorboards would eventually go. Then, using the Force to levitate a spool of sturdy vine that he had collected earlier, he began to interlace it around the base of the branches. He was laying down the first physical layer, setting a perimeter for the soon-to-be tree fort.

As he worked, Braze recalled his instructor's voice echoing in his mind, "The key to survival is adaptation; make the world around you a part of who you are." Today, that world was a single magnificent tree on Lothal's plains, and Braze was eager to see how well he could adapt.

On the other side of the colossal arbor, Lothal
Wearing
: xxx

"I asked Silas to marry me," Thelma said. She was sitting at the base of the twin trees, with her back against one of the trunks. In her hands she clutched a bunch of pink wildflowers she had picked. "He said yes."

Master Koschei didn't say anything at first. The Sakiyan Psy-Pire didn't appear stunned, but he was thoughtful and seemed to be considering his words beforehand. "Congratulations," he said at last. "Or should I say, good luck? I wish you well."

Thelma smiled and nodded. Her deft fingers had begun to weave the flowers into a crown. There was a happy period of silence, before Master Koschei cleared his throat. "If you marry him, some things will have to change."

"Well, of course. We'll need a place to live. We talked about moving to Azbrian, that's where his ancestral home is..." She trailed off, catching the serious look in his eyes and the slight shake of his head.

"Something must be done about your eating disorder. Yes, it is a disorder, Thelma. You've been starving yourself."

"I eat food. It's enough to get by."

"It's not sustainable. You can't go on like this, Thelma. Not when you have a husband, or..." She was staring down at her lap. He waited for her to meet his gaze before he finished in a lowered tone, "Or children."

"But that seems so far in the future," she protested, not even wanting to think about such a thing. "Silas might not even want... I mean..."

Her master knelt down beside her and reached for her hand. "You won't have to tell anyone what you are," he said. "But you can't lie to yourself anymore."

"I've never lied to myself. I know what I am." But she was afraid.

"Then go hunting with me tonight. There are animals here as well as people. You can start with them, ease back into things—"

"I can't." She pulled her hand out of his grasp. "I just can't."

Last edited:

Using the Force to propel himself upward, Braze effortlessly reached the treetops. Once there, he playfully hopped from branch to branch, walking along them with ease as he tested his balance. In his mind, he was already mapping out his future treehouse fortress.

Suddenly, he heard voices below. Quietly, he moved closer, drawing on the Force to suppress his presence so as not to disturb the people below. Eavesdropping wasn't exactly a noble pastime, but it had been a while since he'd indulged in such curiosity. Plus, he reasoned, this area was technically now a construction site, so he had some claim to know what was going on.

Curious, he peered down through the leafy canopy, attempting to identify the speakers and gauge the topic of their conversation. He stretched himself across a sturdy branch, his body reclining lazily as he focused on the unfolding dialogue below.

"Why not?" Master Koschei asked. "You had no moral objections before you went to Coruscant."

Thelma stood up and walked away from him and the arbor. She had taken off her shoes earlier, so it was her bare feet that touched the grass and soft emerald moss. "I do now," she said. "Before, the company of our kind was all I had ever known. Once I came to Coruscant and spent time among them, I saw that they were like us, with thoughts and dreams and... and what I take from them, they can never get back." She clutched at the folds of her dress, balling the fabric in her fists. "I told you, I can't do it."

"And here I thought you were afraid of turning out like your mother." Master Koschei breathed a sigh of relief. "She should have been more careful about what she ate. You can be careful, too. Only take the small memories that people forget about anyway."

"I'll still be a predator," she whispered. "A parasite."

"You and the average politician." He rested his hands on his hips. "Have you thought about siring Silas?"

"Yes." Thelma resumed her weaving.

"Well?"

"I don't know," she said. "It would depend on what he wanted."

"You shouldn't marry him while he's still mortal." She looked up at him, sadness in her eyes, but he shook his head firmly. "It wouldn't be right. He would grow old and die while you stayed young. Trust me, Thelma. You don't want that kind of pain."

Thelma finished the flower crown, then began another, smaller loop with the leftovers. These she wove into her red hair, while the crown encircled her head. She was still happy and hopeful, no matter what he said.

Last edited:

Braze carefully took out the survival knife he had brought along, directing his attention to an intriguing branch that had caught his eye. With precise strokes, he etched his name into the bark. After completing his carving, Braze adjusted his position on the branch to get a better earful of the conversation below. The talk of energy vampires, devouring memories, and peculiar marriage rites was odd enough to make anyone do a double take. Clearing his throat once more, but this time with a tinge of theatricality, he interjected.

"Oh, parasites are an absolute nightmare—fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, ringworm. But energy vampires devouring memories before marriage? Now that's a whole new level of parasitic commitment, don't you think?" he quipped from his treetop vantage point, barely able to keep a straight face. "I mean, at least fleas don't require you to say 'I do.'"

He trailed unable to keep his smarmy snark-laden comments to himself as he went on. " Someone should warn that man to sign a prenup. Eternity is a loooooooooong time. " Braze chirped softly.

At the sound of someone clearing their throat above them, both Thelma and Master Koschei suddenly became aware that someone else was observing them. Thelma covered her mouth with her hands as if doing so could take back all that she had uttered within the white-haired stranger's earshot.

Master Koschei took a more active approach to the situation. With one Force-enhanced leap, he landed in a crouch on the branches beside the boy. His gaze was hypnotic, silvery fangs as long and sharp as little daggers poking out from beneath his twitching lips. "You mock what you don't understand," he said in a low voice. "It is not for you to know our business, boy."

The Force began to swirl around Braze, pinning him in place and seeping into his mind. Master Koschei was influencing him in a manner similar to a mind trick, but rather than tricking him into believing something, he was trying to get the boy to hold still. Once he was compliant, then he would strike, consuming the little eavesdropper's memories of all that he had witnessed here. It would keep their secret safe and he'd get a meal out of it too. Perhaps he could even convince Thelma to partake...

Thelma had run back to the tree. Now she stood at its base, her hands pressed against the bark as she looked up at the scene enfolding above her with wide eyes. She felt compelled to do something, though at present she didn't know what that something should be.

Lothal
Tags: Braze Braze , Thelma Goth Thelma Goth

shield_core_divider.png

"HEY!"

Jasper used the force to slightly project his voice from afar as he watched a stranger jump up to attack his student. He had just gone on a run into the capital city of Lothal to meet with the local government on behalf of the temple and had left Braze to himself for a while. Clearly that had been a mistake. It seemed that he had returned just in time to prevent some kind of disaster.

"Back away from my student!" he hissed.

He ran up flustered, glancing between the master and Thelma. Thelma? What was she doing here, and standing by idly no less. He didn't have time to think about any of that. Jasper used a force-boosted jump into the tree, shoving the man away from his padawan.

"You leave his mind untouched," Jasper snapped at him. "You're dealing with me now."

And his mind was not as easily tampered with. Sith worming their way into your head had their advantages, and he had been sure to train his mind after what Iris Arani Iris Arani had gone through all those years ago. Now that there was an actual master doing the same thing to his student, Jasper was ready to take care of it.

I DMed for entry : P

Last edited:

wb1.png
TAGS:
Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Thelma Goth Thelma Goth
alexboarder.png

The sudden appearance of the other figure in the treetops caught Braze off guard, transforming his brief startle into full-blown terror. "I'm in trouble... major!" Braze murmured aloud. He felt an immediate, invasive sensation—someone trying to probe into his thoughts, an unsettling desire to feast on his memories. But he was quick to reinforce his mental shields, pushing back against this intrusive presence with a fierce force of resistance.

Quickly gathering his composure, he readied his tactical knife in a defensive stance, blade pointed outward. His training saber might be out of commission, but he was far from helpless. His eyes narrowed as he focused intently on his unwelcome company, making it clear that while he might be intruding on their conversation, he wouldn't be an easy target for whatever they had planned. Recognizing the gravity of the situation, Braze felt a sudden surge of humility—he'd never encountered someone on par with Master Koschei before. Despite his considerable experience for his young age, he knew he was now contending with forces well beyond his typical scope. Shifting his tactical knife to a more secure grip in one hand, he discreetly reached for his comlink with the other, aware that calling for backup was not just prudent but likely essential. It was a humbling moment, acknowledging that he was in over his head, but it also sharpened his focus, urging him to utilize every skill he'd honed so far.

Before he had the opportunity to key up his com-link he heard Jasper's voice ring out clearly. Briefly, he wondered if it really was Jasper he heard of and if there were mind games at play. There was however a sentiment of relief that washed over him as he tried to back away, mis-stepping briefly on a branch and falling down a few feet before landing on his feet with a wobble after the slip.

Thelma looked over her shoulder in horror as she saw Jasper come running toward them. For several long moments she stood frozen in terror, not knowing what to do. Her master, their secret, the eavesdropping boy—it seemed as if one or more would have to be sacrificed to protect the rest!

"S-Stop!" she finally managed to stammer, holding out a hand to prevent Jasper from coming any closer. "Please!"

The white-haired boy jumped (or rather fell) from the tree. Master Koschei did the same, leaping down from his perch and landing gracefully on his feet. He stood by his apprentice, casting a glance toward Braze which made one thing very clear: talk, and you'll be in even worse trouble.

"I can explain, Knight Kai'el," he began, turning to Jasper. He recognized the boy, now a man, from Thelma's earlier days on Coruscant. Though she and Jasper were technically from the same generation, he had been promoted to Jedi Knight some years ago, whereas she had remained a Padawan under Maxim Koschei's tutelage. "Your apprentice was eavesdropping on a private conversation between my padawan and I. When confronted, he made no attempt to introduce himself or apologize for breaching our privacy. Instead, he disrespectfully mocked the contents of our discussion. Due to the secrecy involved, and the fact that we had no idea who he was, I had probable cause to believe he posed a threat."

"He... overreacted," Thelma added, her voice almost a whisper. "That's all, Jasper."

Lothal

shield_core_divider.png

"Believe me, I will be addressing any attitude he gave you," Jasper remarked, giving Braze a glare as he dropped down to stand between his student and Master Koschei. "But I left Braze here on his own, well before your arrival. The fact that you didn't sense his presence whenever you arrived here is concerning. My hope is that the handling of private affairs should be done with the utmost care."

"He... overreacted," Thelma added, her voice almost a whisper. "That's all, Jasper."

Jasper sighed, hanging his head a little.

"Overreaction doesn't excuse attacking a child," he noted, crossing his arms. "I assure you that he won't be walking away from this with no reprimanding, but he's still a kid. If this confidential conversation truly puts the two of you at risk then it's a matter that should be handled civilly. The council is understanding of such situations, and members who bring their struggles are assured confidentiality."

He frowned, giving the master a glare. It was know that using the force to attack someone with the force crossed a line. Realistically, Master Koschei should find himself before a jury, even if the situation was complicated.

"I felt what you almost did," Jasper muttered, furrowing his brow. "Attacking someone with the force is something I hope is not your first resort. Past assaults of such a nature have seen individuals serve jail time. I'd rather such cases not be repeated with a Master."

It didn't matter what Braze had overheard. A Master should have self control and a level head, plain and simple. Thelma was more an unfortunate bystander of all of this. He had a feeling she was a stand up individual, and Silas clearly saw something in her. He wasn't one to distrust the instincts of his friend. Jasper would much rather this situation not boil over.

"Now, lets talk this out with some civility," he sighed. "We can figure this out here or in front of the council. If this information is truly dangerous to you and your student then I more than willing to assist in whatever way I can, so long as we are not crossing any moral boundaries."

He silently hoped that Koschei would be cooperative, for the sake of everyone present. Jasper didn't need this to get any more complicated than it already was.

Last edited:

wb1.png
TAGS:
Thelma Goth Thelma Goth Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el
alexboarder.png

Everything was going so fast- how did this happen? He just wanted to build a fun little hideaway. And now he was swarmed with a tide of emotions and surface intentions. It was all so much to take in and process all at once.

Master Koschei did the same, leaping down from his perch and landing gracefully on his feet. He stood by his apprentice, casting a glance toward Braze which made one thing very clear: talk, and you'll be in even worse trouble.
Braze's brows furrowed seeing the man's look in his direction and he wanted to speak up, to say something in his defense but something told him perhaps now wasn't the place to be uppity and that he should perhaps hold his tongue. His tone-deaf 'jokes' did not lighten the mood on the scene where he thought he saw someone trying to sway someone else to do something they didn't want to do.

True, he didn't understand these kinds of things at all. Humor was one of the ways Braze found common ground with everything. He had no filter in place and didn't think once about the kinds of comments he let slip, and the 'jokes' he made at Thelma's expense. It was childish- and well he was still very childish in many ways.

But Braze could sense the man's intention. His newfound ability of being a rather sensitive empath, was something Braze had been struggling with. He knew the man's intentions were not good. There was some sort of probing he felt that tried to stop him in his tracks like a spider trying to catch a fly in it's web and prevent it from fleeing the impending danger. Having just followed a conversation in regard to eating memories... Braze was not a complete idiot after all.

Silence was the best option at the moment- he came to that conclusion on his own accord despite his strong and impulsive desire to be defiant towards Master Koschei. Jasper's presence was enough to make Braze second guess all his actions.
"Believe me, I will be addressing any attitude he gave you," Jasper remarked, giving Braze a glare as he dropped down to stand between his student and Master Koschei.

Braze hadn't been on the receiving end of a glare from Jasper as of yet, and Jasper was the only one Braze really had as a father figure presently too. That look was all it took for Braze to bow his head and deflate a little. He could feel his heart sink too as he found his somber Jade green eyes downcast to the earth below suddenly very interested in the ground's contents.

He considered his words. He wanted to argue about how he wasn't offered an opportunity to really present as anything different as he was attacked for speaking up. He shifted that downward glance to Thelma then perhaps trying to consider her thoughts and feelings in all of this. Having not understood empathy rather well in the past this was still very foreign and neophyte to him when it came to the complexities of girls. Boys he understood. Girls were a confusing puzzle.

"I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings miss. "
Braze squeaked out in a very quiet tone sounding a mix of abashed and contrite. Why did he say the things he said? He asked himself- oh yeah; because he thought they might be funny in some way- looks like they didn't find the jokes funny... Could be blame them for that? Not really. He didn't think that far ahead at all. None of those were topics he really knew how to address or understand. He didn't even have a real grasp on what dating was, let alone how to tackle the ideals of marrying someone for all eternity and the ethics of vamprism.

"I sensed nothing," Master Koschei replied. "Perhaps your student hid his presence so that he could listen to our conversation undetected." But that would imply it was premeditated, which for a padawan who seemed more like a tactless bystander than a malicious spy seemed too outlandish. Thelma hadn't sensed anything either, but then she hadn't really bothered to look, so to speak. Regardless, they both looked like fools for conversing about sensitive matters out in the open.

To make matters worse, Jasper was insistent that they reveal the contents of their conversation either to him or to the Council. Thelma wrung her trembling hands in front of her, her gaze darting between him and her master. Between the two, Jasper was better, but still not ideal. Every person who learned their secret was another chance taken—

"Then you must take me before the Council to face judgment," Master Koschei said, presenting his hands with wrists held together. "Because if I tell you what we talked about, you will want to do that anyway."

"Master—?!" Thelma blurted in shock. Koschei gave her a reassuring smile and a slight shake of his head.

"My apprentice has done nothing wrong. Leave Thelma out of this."

Lothal

shield_core_divider.png

"My apprentice has done nothing wrong. Leave Thelma out of this."

Jasper frowned at this remark. Wasn't it obvious that Thelma had done nothing wrong? What did this man assume of him. Braze had even gone as far to apologize to her specifically, which made it clear that she was more a bystander of his action.

"I agree," he nodded. "She'll be left out. Of that you have my word."

The knight crossed his arms, giving a more awkward look now.

"You can put your arms down, Master Koschei," Jasper added. "I don't carry cuffs on me. I'm not exactly anticipating needing to arrest my own regularly."

He sighed, turning back to Braze. His expression was less stern than it was tired. Jasper was so busy with everything involving preparing for relief given the upcoming war that he was unprepared for something of this magnitude occurring. He would lecture the padawan, but later. Regardless of how rude his student had been, however, there was a more pressing matter at hand.

"Braze, return to the medical unit," he ordered. "I'll inform Knight Toth that he's to return you to the temple. I... I'll discuss this matter with you when I finish wrapping this up. In the meantime, not a word of what you heard passes your lips."

The man would shift his focus to Thelma next, giving her a sympathetic look. He understood well enough what this meant for her master. Jasper felt awful that this may result in her periodically being without one, and no doubt so close to knighthood as well. Having never received a proper master of his one aside from a collection of various mentors, the knight could sympathize with her position. Regardless of that, however, he still had a duty to uphold as a member of the council.

"I'm sorry," the knight sighed. "I'll... escort you both back to Coruscant. We'll handle the rest there. I can send a message to Silas in advance for you. Y'know, for company..."

wb1.png

TAGS:
Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Thelma Goth Thelma Goth
alexboarder.png

Braze's face was a picture of calm, but beneath the serene exterior raged a storm of emotions.

A profound disquiet overtook Braze as the words settled in the air. The implications of confinement within the temple walls hit him like a physical blow, triggering a visceral, near-primal desire to rebel.

And yet It was as if each syllable was a confirmation of what he had dreaded: confinement, restraint, and the gnawing reality of his restricted freedom loomed in his mind. The very walls of the temple seemed to close in on him, a prison of stone and unyielding expectations.

But as he sought to speak, to contest the decision that felt like shackles being tightened around him, he found himself voiceless. Master Jasper's command was clear, unequivocal, and layered with a kindness that made speaking against him feel like betrayal.

For a few fleeting moments, Braze lost his hold on his mental shields, allowing the torrent of his emotions to spill forth like water from a ruptured dam. To anyone sensitive to the Force around him, it was akin to a sudden, turbulent whirlpool, a swirling chaos of fear, indignation, and raw, unfiltered resentment.

His emotional turmoil just could no longer be concealed; His intense emotions flooding the area with his unshielded Force presence. The impact was palpable, almost tangible, as the torrential storm was unleashed in the space of a heartbeat. Yet on the outside, he appeared eerily serene, a statue embodying composure even as his internal world crumbled.

Frozen, he swallowed audibly, grappling to find his voice amid a silence that grew increasingly tense with each passing second. His emotions swirled like a tempest--anger, resentment, helplessness--all fighting for control.

Eventually, his eyes flicked toward the man who had accosted him, and a rare, incandescent fury ignited within his usually subdued jade gaze. He memorized the man's features with a seething intensity, locking them away for another time, another place. Almost as quickly, his gaze shifted back to his Master, and he took a deep, laborious breath.

But then, with an effort that seemed almost superhuman, he slammed his mental shields back into place, restoring them to the staunch steely fortress they once were. Putting his emotional strength behind the action, quelling the emotional maelstrom that had momentarily broken free. The atmosphere around him shifted palpably as he exhaled a carefully measured breath, a stark contrast to the emotional upheaval he had just forcibly subdued.

Braze cleared his mind refocusing his thoughts on the here and now, on what had to be done.

He bowed his head, the physical movement almost painful in its formality, as he spoke in a voice stripped bare of all emotion. "Yes, Master Kai'el."

The words were like shards of glass in his mouth, every syllable a sacrifice, but he managed to get them out.

Sheathing his blade with a muted whisper, he glanced briefly at Thelma, his expression unreadable. His eyes, usually vibrant and expressive seemed dull and cold; they were devoid of emotion, hiding the inner turmoil he felt. Then, shoulders rigid as though carrying an unbearable weight, he departed. Each step was heavy with reluctant compliance, even as every fiber of his being screamed against it.

As Braze retreated from the intense confrontation, he couldn't help but feel the weight of Jasper's orders sink into the pit of his stomach. Every step toward the medical unit and away from the pulsating tension of the meeting felt like a march toward captivity. The atmosphere of the camp felt almost oppressive now, as if thickening in response to his inner turmoil.

Being grounded at the temple—the thought alone chafed against the very core of his being. The stark contrast between the stale, structured life within those walls and the refreshing freedom he'd recently found on Lothal gnawed at him. On Lothal, he had experienced moments of liberation, a sense of autonomy that was intoxicating in its novelty. And now, it felt as if that tantalizing taste of freedom was going to be viciously ripped away from him. The sense of loss he was feeling was so acute it was manifesting in a physical response that sickened him.

His mind churned with distress, like a storm gathering intensity, and an underlying current of anxiety surged within him. Yet, even amid the overwhelming dread, a thin thread of humility wove itself through his thoughts. He couldn't escape the self-reproach stemming from how he had acted toward Master Koschei and Padawan Thelma. 'Is there a way I could've behaved differently?' he mused, the question prompting a painful replay of his indiscretions. Eavesdropping had violated not just etiquette but a trust, an unspoken boundary he had willingly crossed. He'd violated their privacy, eavesdropping on a conversation not meant for his ears.

The complexity of his emotions was further muddied by the jarring revelation about Master Koschei and Padawan Thelma. The concept was chilling, surreal, and laden with a form of terror he hadn't previously contemplated until Master Koschei was upppon him. He was now grappling with the monumental responsibility of being perhaps the only one privy to this secret.

The idea that they were memory-feeding vampires was not just unsettling but also profoundly terrifying. The ethical and moral implications were a labyrinth he couldn't navigate, and the weight of holding onto this dark secret felt like a shackle around his conscience. Could he shoulder such a revelation? Was he even afforded a choice?

As he continued his strained trek back to the medical unit, these questions swirled in his mind, each unanswered, each amplifying the last. His eyes scanned ahead for Knight Toth, and for a moment, he felt a strange, dislocated sensation wash over the entirety of his being—as if he were about to meet his judge, the arbiter of his yet-to-be-determined future.

His thoughts began to spiral out of control, tangentially leaping from one dire consideration to the next. The repercussions of his actions loomed large, burgeoning into an emotional maelstrom. For a moment, he felt as though he was suffocating, drowning in his own swirling emotions and incessant thoughts. It was as if the walls of his own mind were closing in on him, much like how the walls of the temple threatened to.

As his thoughts cycled through regret, anxiety, and a modicum of humility, Braze took a deep breath. It was as if he were trying to inhale some semblance of peace before facing what awaited him. And so he walked on, each step a reluctant march toward an increasingly uncertain future. Ahead, he saw the figure of Knight Toth approaching.

Taking a deeper, laborious breath, Braze attempted yet still to find some fragment of serenity, something to steady himself before confronting this path. But the air he drew into his lungs was simply that—air, indifferent and devoid of comfort. Consequences were waiting, and all he could do was meet them. Each step he took was a reluctant crawl of progression toward a future awash with uncertainty, a future now darkened by his own actions.
As Braze continued his uneasy trek towards Knight Toth, the order for silence reverberated within him, each echo turning into a haunting reminder of his folly. 'Not a word of what you heard passes your lips,' Master Jasper had said, and the weight of that instruction began to sink its roots deeper into Braze's psyche. Was it not this absence of silence, this heedless trespass into matters that weren't his concern, that had led to his current predicament?

The idea gnawed at him as he trudged on, his boots seeming to gain weight with every step. Had he remained silent, refrained from humor at Thelma's expense, he would not be facing the possibility of his newfound freedom being stripped away from him. His jest, however unintended, had a ripple effect, unsettling the waters that should have remained still.

Suddenly, the notion of a temporary vow of silence struck him as a means to internalize this hard lesson. The thought resonated with a part of him, urging him to take the idea seriously. Silence was not just an absence of sound; it was the womb of thoughtfulness, the incubator of discretion. Perhaps the enforced quietude would be the crucible in which he could learn to measure the weight of his words, to grasp the unspoken power and potential consequences that came with speech.

For, at the crux of it all, that was his problem: the failure to understand the depth and the reach of his own words, the inability to foresee how his voice could ripple through the lives and events around him, shifting the air, altering the course. Words were not just words; they were actions, decisions, responsibilities.

The notion was no longer just a fleeting consideration; it had taken form as a tangible resolve. The vow of silence seemed like a path, albeit a challenging one, to mindfulness—to thinking before speaking, to understanding the sheer gravitas of expression. Maybe silence would teach him what recklessness could not, and help him correct his course before the map of his future was irrevocably altered.

Braze finally reached Knight Toth, and as they exchanged a cursory greeting, he found himself already practicing this new creed. He responded minimally with a bow of his head, keeping his thoughts and feelings meticulously guarded. Each word unspoken became a brick in the fortress he was building around his impulses, each second of silence a step towards the wisdom he sorely needed.

Braze could feel the faintest glimmer of something that long eluded him; control.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom