Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location The Sith Imperial Vulcan Military Complex

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
SETTING INFORMATION
  • Military Base Name: The Sith Imperial Vulcan Military Complex
  • Classification: Military Complex
  • Affiliation: @Darth Morgoth [member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Darth Ophidia"] The Sith Empire Vulcan Industries
  • Population: 50,000 soldiers and 75,000 support staff/ factory workers
  • Accessibility: Atop the mountains that border the Valley of the Fallen Lords
  • Description: A Factory Armory and Training Grounds For The Sith Empire Supplied by Vulcan Industries for the Defense of Korriban
POINTS OF INTEREST
Factory- Manufactuering the arms of Vulcan Industries for the Military base, keeping production on planet lowers costs and makes the ease of arming the soldiers higher
Armory- Where the weapons are distributed
Training Grounds- State of the art training facility for the sith imperial legion
Barracks- Housing for the Sith Imperial Legion
Research and development lab for the Sith Imperial Legion and Vulcan Industries
Artillery housing for all on planet excess munitions
Air fields for excess starfighters and other air support
Intelligence center
SECURITY- very high
Isotope5 Energy Shield
Vulcan Industries Proton Cannons http://starwarsrp.net/topic/41717-vulcans-proton-cannon/#entry620131
Blaster Turrets
Ion Cannons
Emp Cannons
Standard high security in base, retina scanners and key cards and Sith Imperial Guards,
The Armory, Intelligence and R&D departments require you to enter a gas chamber which fills with dioxis gas if clearance is not provided.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
After his rise to power as governor of Korriban in The Sith Empire Morgoth set about to merge his existing arms company with the Sith Imperial Legion R&D on Korriban To create a Military complex that could making arming training recruiting and improving the legion a completely in house procedure. To this end the Military complex was designed and created to house the bulk of Korribans ground defense and its excess air support. This base is a fully functional military hub for all Sith Imperial Forces.

[member="Darth Morgoth"]

There's a lot going on here that we need to handle. I'm going to start with the two biggest.

-10 million people total is beyond excessive. Tone this down significantly.

-You will need to sub the Isotope 5 shield you have listed. As Isotope 5 is a Restricted Material in the factory you will need to go through them for an item of this size and complexity before it can be included here.

Smaller but no less important, there are a significant number of links I need you to supply for both bookkeeping and before I can properly judge the rest of the balance on this sub.
-Properly source your image, that links back to the 'how to source your image
-I need a link to your company sub, not your market place thread
-Link to the Korriban Wookiepedia article
-Link to the Sith Empire in your affiliation
-A link to dioxis gas

In your security field you leave out your rating. From the template:

You must provide your security assets in list format and must provide your base a Security Rating (choose from: None, Low, Medium, High, Maximum).
Please include that at the beginning of that section, before the security details.

[member="Darth Morgoth"]

That's fine. With that sort of time frame I'm going to move this to pre-codex. You can tag [member="Allyson Locke"] or [member="Zeradias Mant"] when you are ready to return it for judging.

[member="Darth Morgoth"]

2 million people is still deeply excessive- in general but also specifically for a single base on a planet that is primarily a holy waste land. Most of the military installations subbed recently are ranging between 1000 military personal up to the 25,000 range for very large bases. I'm going to need you to bring the numbers more in line with that and really think about what is reasonable for a planet deep in sith space that is primarily a holy site rather than a huge population center or at serious risk.

[member="Irajah Ven"] I understand that would you say that 100,000 is reasonable given that the its would be 50,000 soldiers and 50,000 staff and research/ trainers? In real life the largest military bases hold around 500,000 people and they are supposed to defend a country not a planet.

[member="Darth Morgoth"]

Your real life numbers simply don't pan out. Not to mention I would assume that Morgoth would not rely on a *single* base to protect an entire world. While it is not necessary to sub additional small bases and outposts (though you certainly could), the intention is never that one, singular base would protect an entire planet. That would be a nightmare for logistics.

That said, I find the 50k soldiers acceptable provided the rest is support staff (and if you wanted to bump the support staff numbers you could, the real life bases *do* support that, with ratios closer to 1:2-1:4 rather than the 1:1 you are using).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom