Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species The Simia

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mbsz29t0Sl1qdj1yho1_1280.jpg

Image source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1220426-Hozen-Hate-em-of-Love-em/page3

Name: Simia

Designation: Sentient.

Homeworld: Jungles of Naboo.

Breaths: Type I.

Language: Simiase, Basic.

Average height of adults: 1.8288 Meters.

Skin Color: Pink.

Fur Color: Is seen in a variety of colors. Purple, brown, blue, and very, very occasionally grey.

Stengths:

+Strong claws. Capable of climbing and can be used as weapons.

+Intimidating. Most people would be slightly intimidated by a raging, six foot tall monkey creature from outer space.

-Easily angered. They have built up a reputation as being quick to anger.

-Easily seen. It's impossible to miss them.

-Xenophobia. Due to their isolationism, Simia view other creatures as inferior and have a slight fear of them.

Distinctions: Deep, gravely voice with a long tail. Sharp, retractable claws in their paws. Claw length is around 0.127 meters. These occur in both male and female Simia.

Average life span: 300 years.

Races: None.

Estimated population: Around five million.

Diet: Fruit. They eat no meat.

Communication: Speaking.

Culture: Simia culture is very tribal. Their culture includes rituals, that involve musical instruments and depending on the tribe, smoking certain natural herbs. They live in small villages, worshiping a number of deities. The main deity widely worshiped by the Simia is Concitus, considered the God of the Gods in Simia society. Their deities each represent different sections of Simia culture. Such as Ascenditur, the God of Climbing and Inebriari, The God of Intoxication. Simia are known to be heavy drinkers and smokers of natural herbs.

Each tribe is ruled by a chief, who is greatly respected among the village. These tribes are usually rather far apart, and members of foreign tribes are usually met with hostility, most likely being killed or mortally wounded. While each ritual differs greatly, one of the most well known is the Day of Concitus. This is a very, very, very rare occasion. Each tribe gathers around inside of a large, Simia-built temple known simply as, The Temple of Concitus. Here, each Simia inside will, in order to worship their gods, proceed to provide offerings to Concitus. The most common items are brew, herbs, and skulls of the deceased. On this day, the Simia believe Concitus will enter their world on this day, taking on the form of a large Simia with green fur.

The deities play a major role in Simia society. The deities are known as Samaki. Each tribe elects one Simia, who receives the honor of receiving the title 'The Interpreter', who apparently has the ability to contact the Samki. In Simia religion, each Samaki possesses a unique, unnatural appearence. Such as the Samaki Concitus, who apparently possesses green fur, and Ascenditur, The Samaki of Climbing, possesses long, ten inch claws. The Simia take their religion very seriously, and follow every aspect of it.

Technology level: Very primitive. However, some Simia have adapted to modern society, and use the technology to the full extent.

General behavior: The Simia are generally very aggressive, unless someone has proven themselves as trustworthy. They have a reputation as drunkards and fighters and sure as hell live up to that reputation. However, it is rather a rare occurrence when a Simia abandons their tribe, venturing out into the galaxy.

History: Not much is known of the Simia. They are a rather recent discovery as they have remained isolated in the Naboo jungles for such a long period of time. They were first discovered a few hundred years ago by several explorers who earned the trust of the native Simia. Learning of their culture and their society, the explorers published an article about their recent discovery, shining light on the Simia. While most Simia at the time, remained in their small villages, a very small amount of Simia ventured out into the galaxy. While they were at first an uncommon sight, they are now seen more frequently.

At the time, most of these tribes were, in an attempt to prevent Simia from leaving their tribes, announced that Simia who abandon their tribes will be disobeying and insulting the Samaki. This claim prevented many of the Simia prevented nearly all of the Simia who left. Bringing the number down of Simia wish to leave, and the multiple Simia that did leave, were shunned by their tribes, not permitted to enter their villages again.

Notable player characters: None yet. Planning to create a character if this is created but this species is open to everyone.

Intent: Honestly, I don't know. It just popped into my head so I went with it.

[member="Pavor Clauditis"]

Please include the full template. Currently, the following has been omitted: “Breathes: [Type of atmosphere or medium it breathes] “ . Please include this. Here is a link, for reference. As stated by the Wookiepedia page, Naboo has a Type I atmosphere.

When you use an image, also include the image source. Please provide a link to the original artist or the page where you found the image.

Pavor Clauditis said:
-Easily angered. They have built up a reputation as being quick to anger. -Easily seen. It's impossible to miss them.
I am not comfortable with the balance between strengths and weaknesses that you have presented here. The strengths, strong claws and incredible speed, needs to be offset by something more significant than “you can see them”. You can keep this weakness if you like, as it impacts their ability to operate stealthily, but I would like to see you add two more weaknesses of more significant value. Given their primitive and tribal nature, an example of an acceptable weakness could be some form of technophobia.

Pavor Clauditis said:
Distinctions: Deep, gravely voice with a long tail. Sharp, retractable claws in their paws.
Is this the same for males and females? Are there any distinct differences between the males and the females of this species? Also, could you give an estimate to the length of their claws?

Pavor Clauditis said:
Culture: Simia culture is very tribal. Their culture includes rituals, that involve musical instruments and depending on the tribe, smoking certain natural herbs. They live in small villages, worshiping a number of deities.
The culture appears a little too thin to me, especially for something so near human. Human tribal culture couldn't be surmised in less than a volume, so I feel one paragraph sells the species short. Overall, I would like to see you expand more on the culture. If you could manage a total of three paragraphs, that would be great. I would like to see a more clear description of the rituals you refer to. You could also expand on the deities and the role they place in Simia society.

I have some questions relating to the interactions between these villages that I would like for you to elaborate on as well, as I feel it would give a greater understanding of the species on a whole. Do these small villages often come into conflict with each other, or are they generally a peaceful people? I ask because you later mention them being “generally very aggressive” to people they don’t trust. Are these villages led by their own independent chiefs, or do they all answer to one leader?

Pavor Clauditis said:
General behavior: The Simia are generally very aggressive, unless someone has proven themselves as trustworthy. They have a reputation as drunkards and fighters and sure as hell live up to that reputation.
Could you elaborate on their general behaviour too, please? In an isolated enviornment with other Simians that they trust, how would they behave? Or would they generally act aggressive towards their own tribe as well? How do they interact with other species? Would you say it is common or uncommon for individuals of this species to travel outside of their tribes, and mingle with the rest of the galaxy? Considering they were only discovered a few hundred years ago, I would imagine them to be quite isolationist. If you could add 2-3 sentences here, that would be great.

Pavor Clauditis said:
Intent: To create a new species for Star Wars: Chaos.
In general, you could say that this is the intent for every custom made species. Could you clarify your reasoning for including this species to the Star Wars: Chaos universe? What sets them apart from other species, what do they add?

Thanks.

This I like better :) With the weakness added, and considering you also removed a strength, I am happier with the balance.

I do have one last question though.

Pavor Clauditis said:
However, it is rather a rare occurrence when a Simia abandons their tribe, venturing out into the galaxy.
Pavor Clauditis said:
While most Simia at the time, remained in their small villages, a large majority of them ventured out into the galaxy.
How can most remain, but the majority leave? Did you mean that while most remained, there was still a great number of Simians leaving? If so, there seems to be a contradiction, as you earlier state that leaving the tribe is a rare occurrence. Was this intentional, or an oversight during editing? If it was not intentional, please edit for consistency. If was is intentional, I would like for you to clarify how this makes sense.

For example, were the outcasts of their society banished, or perhaps they sought their fortune in a new world? Or was there a great hype and curiosity, possibly sparked by religious reasons, that led to so many venturing into the galaxy? If so, what happened that changed their attitude from that to the one described under "General behavior"?

Thanks.

Pavor Clauditis said:
Intent: Honestly, I don't know. It just popped into my head so I went with it.
Whilst this is an exceptionally poor intent, I will allow it as this species is fairly inoffensive.

Do try to think more about things next time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom