Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Silver Invitation (Connor Harrison)

www.tatyanadiamantine.com_BelAir_003.jpg
The Fontaine Mansion on Alderaan had sat closer to the outskirts of any of the ore densely populated areas. The Fontaines, a wealthy class of citizen who gained profit through stock market and trading exchange, always preferred to not be caught within the hustle and bustle of an actual city for a home. Better to be out in the open areas with plenty of natural beauty and enjoyment. There was a road of course that lead from it to the cities, a short speeder ride away for any, but they were not often seen themselves. Instead they had someone else to handle most of the menial tasks: their maid, Yura.
Yura was adopted into the family when she was too old to stay at the caring house for abandoned children like her. She'd been so grateful towards the Fontaines that she only really wanted to be counted among them. Which was how she soon adopted the name of Fontaine for herself. Since then Yura had been as content and happy as could be.
The three main members of the household, aside from Yura herself, were Rupert, Mirina, and thier only child, Angelica. Yura had often acted as both babysitter and caretaker for Angelica when her parents were away. She was good at it too, since she'd basically grown around children her whole life. But the two shared a secret between them, one that Angelica had often taken for granted whenever it would become noticable to her parents. Yura never said anything about it, mainly because Agenlica made her promise and she, being the loyal type herself, obeyed.
When not out of the mansion or tending to meals for the family Yura would mostly just clean or relax. As of this point she was doing the former, busying with dusting the living room and the large statues that acted as decoration for the living space. When the door would eventually knock the sound would echo throughout the whole mansion, alerting everyone. Of course Yura was the one to walk over and answer, acting as friendly as possible when she would open to see who had come calling.
[member="Connor Harrison"]

Thankfully Alderaan was on the edge of Republic space, and for a sole Silver Jedi here to visit the Fontaine Mansion shouldn’t cause much trouble. With a name given by a Padawan in the Temple on a recent day of teaching about the Core Worlds and Galactic History, the name Fontaine had come to Connor’s attention and a certain youth gifted with the Force who had known the Silver Jedi Padawan - Angelica.

Bringing the Silver Jedi 2-man transport down to the coordinates of the Fontaine family grounds, it didn’t take long for Connor to clear his landing and the promise he would be away within the day. If he could meet Angelica and the Fontaine’s and offer her a career as a Jedi, hopefully with the Silvers but even the Republic, it would be another ally in the fight against the Sith.

Walking up to the outskirts of the large mansion, it was just as beautiful as Connor expected. Blending ancient and modern design and kitted with groundskeepers, security and plenty of lush green gardens and flowers.

Coming to an intercom on some iron gates, Connor could see the mansion up a winding path. Wearing his leather greatcoat, black thermal jumper and combat trousers rather than his armour, he straightened up and pushed the com as it beeped.

”Good morning! Master Connor Harrison of the Silver Jedi Order, here to see Miss Angelica Fontaine and family please.”

He signed off and waited for a reply, taking in the grounds as he did.

[member="Yura Fontaine"]

The intercom rang and Yura stopped her dusting to answer. Upon hearing of the 'Jedi' and 'Silver Order' she gave a confused response. Her first instinct was to speak with Mr. and Mrs. Fontaine, but apparently they'd already heard. She jumped with surprise, in fact, when she realized they were standing behind her. And upon hearing the offer they told Yura to let him in and give themselves time to "prepare". Yura was only all the more confused but, being the loyal servant she was, only agreed to fulfill their wishes. She pressed the button that opened the gate and allowed [member="Connor Harrison"] before letting him walk all the way up to the mansion.​
Upon greeting him at the door she said "Welcome, sir. May I take your coat?" keeping a friendly smile and look on her face.​
It was odd but for Yura she had an odd sense that she liked about this man. She tended to have that feeling around people, knowing f they were good or bad. That was why she liked the Fontaines so much. They were all around good people to her. Once Conner was ready Yura only lead in into the mansion's study where Mr. and Mrs. Fontaine awaited him near the fireplace. Yura stood at the doorway, keeping her friendly and optimistic look, while overhearing the three converse.​
"Thank you, Yura." Rupert said before standing and offering a hand to Conner. "Welcome, Master Jedi. It's rather an unexpected honor to see you here. And you claim it's because my daughter is a Jedi herself?"

The grounds were very relaxed, very well maintained and reflected that peaceful Alderaan culture he had heard of. This was his first visit to the planet, and a nice one so far at that.

Reaching the door, Connor smiled at the young girl at the door, obviously one of the maids or servants to the Fontaines. Relieving himself of his greatcoat, and rolling up his sleeves, he handed it over and stepped inside. It was pleasing, but a little surprising, to find that there was a strong Force aura around the girl. He couldn't place it, but maybe there was more of a Force heritage here.

”Thank you.”

Following the maid through the luxurious mansion, a life he didn't know much about in honesty, and followed the girl into a study to meet the parents - so to speak. Pleasantries, introduction and handshakes were shared.

”Thank you for the welcome, both of you. I understand this may be an unexpected visit, and one you mayu not want to last long, to which I understand. Regarding your daughter, Angelica, is it? One of the young children at the Temple where we study and live, on Voss, know your family as they too were from Alderaan and told me of the Fontaine name.”

He held his hands out, to try and reassure them.

”I know this is all something that you may know little about, but the child told me that your daughter may possibly be gifted with the Force - the natural, binding life force that gives a Jedi their power. It's nothing to be afraid of, in fact it's something to develop and explore. Hence why I am here. I am here to offer Angelica a path as a Silver Jedi, on Voss, with my Order. To train, to study and to become something great.”

Glancing to the girl at the door, he smiled, and returned to the parents for their initial reaction to something that now was presenting itself to tear the family apart.

[member="Yura Fontaine"]

Both of the Fontaine parents looked at each other a little surprised by the news [member="Connor Harrison"] gave them. It was clear they were both shocked by the idea that their own daughter could potentially be a jedi, an honorable yet scary notion the more they thought about it. And yet Ms. Fontaine seemed a little more convinced than her husband had seemed.​
"I think I always knew." she began. "I've noticed....odd things happen around her. Sometimes I swear I've seen things float and she's been there clapping about it." She then looked past Connor and said "You've seen it too, haven't you, Yura?"
The maid perked before answering "Oh yes. There have been some funny instances around her to be sure."
Mr. Fontaine seemed a little more concnered about this before asking "Yura, go ad fetch Angelica. She should be here too." The maid bowed before walking out of the room and eventually up the stairs, leaving the parents with Connor for a moment. "So what exactly is your Order? Are you with the Republic?"
Both of the parents would listen to Connor's explanation of the Silver Jedi order itself, trying to fully understand what they were getting their daughter into. By the time he would finish Yura would arrive with Angelica, a girl no older than 8, standing behind her. She shyly peeked out and looked at Connor before hiding behind Yura again; holding the back of her skirt for protection. Yura only smiled at how shy she acted, knowing her as a very different girl when people she knew were around. She gave Connor a look that indicated he was alright to approach and/or speak with her.​

This had been the first time Connor had been out of the system to find new recruits so to speak, but knew the worries and fears people would have about the Jedi and the Force. Taking a seat as Yura left, Connor did his best to explain about the Silver Jedi - who they were, where they operated and what their goals were.

Also in conversation came the Republic, the matter of the Sith, the history of the Jedi and the dangerous path ahead of those who embraced it.

”...there are many people who would care for Angelica, to nurture her gift and help her understand it and use it safely to benefit not just herself, but the security of the entire...”

Connor turned in mid-speech, feeling the Force aura again, and seeing a young girl with Yura. He couldn't help be drawn a little to Yura. She was very pretty, and seemed to evoke a sense of confidence about things...he couldn't be suure. Kneeling down beside the plush sofa, Connor leant his arms on his knee.

”Hello Angelica. My name is Connor. It's nice to see you, and your family. And can I say I love your house? It's really nice.”

With a soft smile, he tapped his fingers on his chin playfully.

”Angelica? Can you play a game with me, and Yura can help you? Can you make something fly for me and I'll try and catch it? I like playing games.”

He looked up at Yura and gave her a small wink.

[member="Yura Fontaine"]

The little wink Conner gave to Yura made her blush. She wasn't sure if it was meant for her as a sign of attraction, or just trust. Either way she looked back to Angelica, who in turn looked at her. The maid gave a little nod before Angelica said "okay" and stepped out from hiding behind her. Yura folded her hands behind her back and stood to the side while everyone's attention was on Angelica. Looking around the girl needed a minute before finding a small corner table she knew she could lift. Angelica raised both of her hands before, suddenly, the table shuddered a little. Finally it began to rise up four feet off the ground. Her parents gasp and stood with surprise while Yura just soot there with a confident smile on her face. Angelica held it for a moment before slowly letting the table back down onto the floor.​
When she finished her parents were still stunned while Yura gave a little clap and said "Good job, Angelica. I think that's the highest you've ever lifted something."
The girl gave a little embarrassed smile after hearing that. From there she looked to her parents, seeming a bit awkward, and then back to [member="Connor Harrison"] to hear his reaction.​

Connor stayed knelt down and watched the little girl who, under great pressure, remained calm and focused and lifted a table. It was a smooth lift, near perfect, with a gentle landing. He nodded and smiled gently at her, and then her stunned parents.

"That was amazing Angelica, well done! I know another game that is fun - can you tell me a really BIG secret no-one else knows, BUT you have to tell me without opening your mouth. So look at me, and really think about the secret and tell me so no-body else hears. Then it can be our secret too, ok?”

He gave a mischievous grin and nodded her to go, looking at Yura and giving her a nod too. She was a great comfort for the girl it seemed.

[member="Yura Fontaine"]

Even after the confident look from everyone after [member="Connor Harrison"] asked about her secret Angelica looked more nervous than before. She recoiled and didn't answer straight away. Even when she looked to Yura, who gave her a decent enough smile, she still didn't seem as willing as before. Instead she suddenly turned and ran away, making for the door leading out into the vast backyard they had. Her parents called for her to come back while Yura only gave a worried look.​
"Oh dear..." she said. After that she turned to master Conner and said "Don't worry. I think she's just upset. It's not your fault." The Fontaines still called for Angelica before Yura assured them "I'll go out and talk with her. It'll be alright. Would you like to join, Mr. Harrison?"
Just then Mr. Fontaine insisted "Yura, please! He's a Jedi."
"Oh, of course. Forgive me." she said before recovering and asking "Would you like to join me, Mr. Harrions-Jedi?"
Mr. and Mrs. Fontaine groaned from that. Clearly Yura didn't know much about Jedi or how to react around them. In fact she didn't know anything about the force or all of the things Conner had spoken of to the Fontaines while she went to get Angelica. Maybe if she had she'd have been able to understand. Either way she lead Conner outside where, after a bit of a walk that lead them a ways from the house, they'd find a tree with a small house built among the branches. The technological cube stood out and yet seemed to perfectly fit into the natural background.​
Standing at the bottom Yura called "Angelica? Sweety? It's okay. You can come down."
When no answer came she looked to Conner, hoping he'd have something to say to help.​

”Oh dear.”

Connor winced and stood quickly as Angelica ran out of the room, the look on her face clear he had already ruined things and raised the bar to gain her confidence - and her parents. Feeling the anxiety in the room, Connor turned and calmed them.

”Please, it's alright - I apologise to the both of you. That was totally my fault and I should have respected her innocence more. Please, let me see to her and make peace.”

Motioning for Yura to lead them on, the two left the mansion out of the rear and moved quickly across the grounds, past a large water feature. Following the maid to a secluded area of woodland, and a wonderfully crafted house among the branches. It was a solid, safe design and Connor stood at the bottom, smiling at the innocence of youth.

”It's alright, Yura. Thank you. Maybe she's better in her house, away from the dangers and uncertainty out there the Jedi face. Sometimes I wish I could return to her age when everything was supposed to be simple.”

With a small sigh, he turned his head to Yura.

"You been serving the family long? Do you know anything of her gift with the Force and what she has been like with it? I'll probably learn more from you than her parents."

[member="Yura Fontaine"]

When asked Yura thought for a moment before answering "Her gift? Oh! You mean that thing she was doing." she chuckled a bit before going on with "Well she's had it for some time now. She's wanted to keep it secret though. i guess she didn't know it meant she was supposed to be a Jedi, or whatever they're called. I mean it's almost....umm..." she stopped herself before saying "Never mind. She wouldn't want me saying without talking with her first." She called back up and said "Angelica? Come on, honey. You need to come down."
When Angelica did finally show herself she only poked her head out from one of the windows. She shushed both Yura and [member="Connor Harrison"] which made the maid scoff at her. "Now that's just rude, Angelica. Just because you don't want to talk means you should be so..."
"No. I mean 'shhh' or else he'll hear you." she hastily said before hiding again.​
"Who will?" Yura asked, only for her answer to come roaring out of the woods.​
A large gundark, fully grown, had come stalking through the woods for food. Apparently it had spotted Angelica before she hid, making it come and seek more food in the form of a bigger double special of a maid and a jedi. Yura, realizing this, went wide eyed before her smile cracked into a grimace of how silly she felt for thinking Angelica was shushing them.​

Arms on hips, Connor looked up as Yura talked, trying to wait for a moment to speak to the young girl, but it seemed the two girls were at each other before he had the chance. However, he brought his eyes back down through the woods just as Angelica innocently referenced the Gundark.

His eyes went wide for a second; he'd never seen one of these creatures before, and it was more hideous than he expected. A lumbering, arched back and four huge arms coupled with snarling teeth and big ears.

”Ok, just stay back, it'll be ok.”

Connor moved before the tree, to act as a barrier between the Gundark and the tree, and fingered his lightsaber hilt, which he didn't really want to use, but would do if needed. But then, would the killing of a beast frighten Angelica more? Connor frowned and ran forward, throwing the Force down into the ground in a shockwave that would ripple along the earth, spitting up dirt and dust, to hopefully knock the beast off course and spook it enough to move away.

[member="Yura Fontaine"]

Yura gasped while Angelica stayed hidden within her tree house when the Gundark attacked. As [member="Connor Harrison"] acted Yura stood behind him, hoping that a Jedi would be strong enough to fight against a fully grown monster like this. As he used the force created a shock wave the beast roared and backed away for a moment, but soon regained itself and screeched at Conner. It attacked by sweeping it's claws at him, trying to move closer and closer. Eventually it would reach Conner close enough that one good sweep would take his head off. However something happened.​
The gundark seemed stopped by the force, but it wasn't Conner holding it's claw back. If he looked he would see it wasn't Angelica either. She was still hiding up in her tree house. Instead it came from the only other person, who was holding one hand out as if she were holding the gundark's with it.​
An annoyed Yura wagged her finger at the gundark before saying "Shame on you! Attacking people like that." before using a force push that sent it back against a tree. The gundark roared with anger before Yura said "Watch that temper or else!"
The gundark responded by trying to run at Yura but she in-turn lifted a nearby rock with her hands before throwing it at him. She obviously used the force to make it fling faster as it hit with enough force into the gundark's eye that it yelped in pain. Apparently that was enough to finally scare the beast off.​
As it ran Yura said "Now run along! Shoo. And don't come back until you learn to behave!" She then turned back to Conner before realizing what she did, making give an awkward "Oops..."

Cocking his head welcoming a challenge, Connor pushed himself up and took a few careful steps back as the Gundark approached, hand moving to his hilt before a tremor passed over him and took over. The Gundark froze, and then was thrown back violently into a tree.

Wincing, Connor span around to see Yura - she had spoken, and she had controlled the Force to repel the beast. Not wasting time to think on the events happening, Connor span around to face another roar, but ducked as a rock came over head without warning and cracked the Gundark in the face. With a bloodcurdling roar, the Gundark retreated wounded and hurt.

All he heard was his breathing, and he stood and turned to face Yura with a bemused expression on his face.

”Oops. Oops? That's it? You just shaved a Jedi from getting decapitated and you say oops? I knew,” he walked towards her and waggled a finger at the maid, ”I knew I felt something in you when you opened the door. How long have you been hiding this Force power? You obviously have the self-control and understanding how to use it right.”

Suddenly, Angelica didn't seem all too important. Connor had found the new Silver Jedi to join their ranks.

[member="Yura Fontaine"]

"The force? Oh, you mean my magic tricks." Yura said, still sounding a little awkward about it all. "Well....funny thing is..."
"No, Yura!" Angelica suddenly called down, now peeking her head out of the tree house. "Don't tell him."
"Well no point in hiding it, is there?" Yura retorted. "Besides I'm sure he'll keep it a secret, right?" She looked back and heard [member="Connor Harrison"] give his answer before saying "Well, you see, when I was young I started doing these funny things. I could lift things without touching them. I could feel when people were upset, or even good or bad. Sometimes I woke up floating in bed. I just thought that meant I was special or something, but I didn't think it was THAT important." She gave a shy glance to Angelica before continuing with "When I came here to live with the Fontaines no one else knew what I could do. I was afraid people might think I'm too weird or something. But I showed Angelica, just to make her happy. But then she made me promise that is anyone ever asked about it that SHE would look like the one who had the powers." Knowing Conner would ask she answered "I did it because Angelica always wanted to be special. And I just wanted to help make her happy. I didn't know that meant she'd be turned into a Jedi or whatever they're called."

Connor walked back as he listened, taking everything in about her. He had a few questions, but certainly understood why she may have done it for Angelica. However, there was more to Yura than just protecting the Fontaine youth.

”Yura, can we have a chat in private, if you don't mind? I don't want to upset or say anything to worry Angelica.”

He looked up, seeing the girl poke her head out of the door and waved.

[member="Yura Fontaine"]

With his question Yura gave a worried look. She wanted to talk with him but was worried about what it would be about, especially when he glanced up at Angelica. Still this seemed like something important so, agreeing, she nodded before walking away with [member="Connor Harrison"] to a private spot to talk. She looked back to Angelica, who was curious, but gestured for her to wait until they finished speaking. Yura was both anxious and nervous to know what it was he wanted to know.​

”Thank you,” he looked to Angelica, ”I won't belong, I promise.”

He started to walk away with Yura, out of earshot and then clasped his hands behind his back and started to talk.

”Ok Yura, one thing you should know about me is I'm not a typical Jedi. I don't always play by the rules, and I have plenty of secrets and things that make my position as a Master very questionable. But my heart is in the right place, and I will do what I can for the good of the galaxy and those I care about.”

He looked at her.

”Angelica is a sweet kid, but right now I want you to come with me. The Silver Jedi would welcome you with open arms and you'd be nothing but an asset with us. How old are you, and are you happy here?”

There would be no right answers; he just wanted to hear her talk and view on things.

[member="Yura Fontaine"]

Hearing his little explantation made Yura better understand why she'd like [member="Connor Harrison"] when she met him. Not only for the way her 'force sense' had been around him, but learning what she did made her realize how he was actually a nice man. Being a Jedi apparently meant being something of a protector to the people of the galaxy, something Yura could stand behind. She felt it was right to look out for people in need. After all she stayed with the Fontaines and did what she could for them after all this time. But leaving did present a problem with her. She didn't want to leave her family behind or worry they might be lost without her. Especially Angelica when she had always considered her something of a sister.​
When asked she answered "Well...I'm 27. And yes. I am very happy here. But..." She turned away for a moment and looked back to the Fontaine mansion "If you're saying having these powers means I'm supposed to be some sort of holy protector of the galaxy, then maybe I should do so. I have these gifts for a reason, and that reason should be a good one." She had a more positive and eager look as she turned back and said "Alright. I'll go with you."

He folded his arms as he started to walk around the grounds slowly with her again, inviting her to join him.

”Don’t rush into anything you may regret. I’m not sure what you know of the Jedi Order, but we don’t operate as such in the Republic – we are more a separate entity who still fight the good fight against tyranny, the Sith and other dastardly beings, but we aren’t perfect ourselves in our own little way.”

Never a truer word said.

”But, all being said, yes. If there was a moment where someone could be found who has the Force to serve the Light or Dark, the Jedi or Sith, then I know I’d want to pinch you for the Jedi. The Sith would find you eventually. Maybe tomorrow, maybe in 10 years, but they would and they’d break you down and entice you with power, greed, dominance – everything you could think about to enforce their goals to take over the galaxy one planet at a time. People who may oppose them, like your family, would be cut down in an instant.”

He turned to her.

”Harsh words, but true. The choice is always yours, Yura, but I am just here to offer the hand to take you into a new life, with new allies and a new family where you would be equal to us, and not a servant. You would learn, study and develop and one day teach others – all the while using your gift to help us defend systems far and wide as best we can to continue to remind people out there that hope is never gone.”

With a solemn smile, he broke into a little laugh.

”I wish the Order could have heard that. That’s the greatest speech I think I’ve ever given!”

[member="Yura Fontaine"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom