Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Siege of Fort Havelok

PeCiYYt.png

Deep in the unknown regions, on a planet of no renown, stood the mighty Fort Havelok.
A vestige of the old Iron Empire, it endured as one of the last bastions of the Iron Lords and their kin.

Buried beneath its high, sturdy walls lay a near-impenetrable vault.
A wealth of artifacts, pilfered from the then-crumbling One Sith, sat protected within.

Of these vast treasures, there was but one that commanded the interest of the Sith Lord, Darth Putrescere.
A relic of seemingly such importance, it compelled the Plagueborne Prince himself to emerge from the shadows.

The Prince called upon his Death Guard, a fighting-force comprised of veterans from the age of One Sith dominance.
With them marching behind him, the Sith Lord fell upon the fort and its protectors.

In a spectacularly violent battle, the Death Guard clashed with the Iron Imperial's finest.
Though resolute in their charge to defend the relics, the Iron Lords eventually faltered.
Pushed back within the fort, they awaited their final, bloody stand.

However, upon the eve of Darth Putrescere's victory, the Death Guard's weapons fell silent, their siege engines stood still.
The mighty beast that shattered Imperial Iron, instead, stayed its hand.

It has since been two weeks, and for reasons unknown, the Death Guard yet slumber beyond the walls...

370d9lz.png

Those that remained fell in line. They'd been waiting, patiently. The fall of the Empire had not been the fall of their belief. And when Alina gave the call, their belief brought them here. The 67th, dressed in their black armor, stood at attention as their commander walked through the ranks. Flanked by her house guard, dressed in her armor, the Sangnir Knight stalked through the silent fields of battle. The scars of the blood that had been shed were in plain view, but old.

No battle had been fought in days.

Her golden eyes narrowed, just for a moment. No, it mattered not. She was here for one purpose, and one purpose alone. Slipping on her helm she took up her spear, igniting the crimson blade.

It was time for war.

Raoh Logarius Raoh Logarius

Kalzok

Dark Thaumaturge, Loremaster of the Sith
Fort Havelok Siege Lines

He did not much like the frontline, Kalzok mused, looking up from his papers. Oh, he enjoyed conflict and death, as any good Sith did. But campaigns, sieges, pitched combat... Kalzok had not become a master of lore just to trod in the mud without expectation of the greatest reward of all: knowledge.

But there's the funny thing: That's exactly why I'm here today.

"Beneficent one. Our men are ready."

Kalzok turned from his scribblings to look at his line of warriors, making up part of the second line. A pitiful crop, this time, though they carried themselves with pride and discipline. Kalzok had spent time with the Mawites, and the warriors that Shavak had brought him would find many an equal among the dredges of their tribals. The Sumaka warriors were clad in simple armour, basic metal plates and polymers, though they had been partially imbued with the Force, allowing a small level of repulsion against weapons. Their vibroblades would be useful in close combat, and they carried ancient blasters. Though those could likely overcome the defenses of the Irons, they would be unlikely to deal serious harm to, say, Sith Imperial stormtroopers.

Stormtroopers that Kalzok was still surprised he manage to procure. Kalzok turned fully and caught sight of the other half of his small posse. A mere handful, barely half a platoon. He'd had more of both Legionaries and Sumaka warriors, but many had fallen in the previous battles. The Legionaries' armour were painted in red and black, signalling their servive to the Union of Keepers of Lore. With the fall of practically all the Loremasters, Kalzok's cordial relationship with this unit's late Sith master allowed him to give them a new sense of direction when he stumbled upon them rendezvousing at one of his stashes located on a dead world. He did not expect them to last long, if at all. Their armour was cracked and running out of power, but for now, they still fought. Their Captain saluted Kalzok as he passed them.

"Assembled and awaiting command, my lord."

"Shavak, Sergeant Eustal, I thank you for your service again. The final assault is... soon. You both have heard the battleplans, but do not forget why we are here: the vaults must be breached and its contents reclaimed. The Plague Lord can take what he wants, but everything else... well, we'll see how much we can liberate before the others."

He left them to prepare their soldiers. Kalzok found a dry mound of earth and sat down, pulling his war-mask over his face to keep out the wind, and began to write again.

Raoh Logarius Raoh Logarius Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

Last edited:
Scourge of the Stars
The air stirred as he walked. Towering, Galant, in garish gold with a crimson plume trailing behind him - Nito the Conqueror, Nito the Tyant, Nito the Starscourge; liason of the Worm Emperor, who led into battle a thousand legions. Today, however, he stood with only a single battalion.

The legendary First Legion. Trailing back it's lineage to the death troopers of old, and Vaders personal elite guard - the First Legion were hyper augmented super soldiers clad in the advanced armor of the Eternals. They towered over the regulars, spoke in encoded words, intimidated on presence alone.

A few of his men followed behind him - two captains of the Emperors personal guard. Nito approached Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru and crossed his arms - letting the breeze flourish his hair behind him.

"Alina.", he said in his gruff tone - that was so hard to tell between simple mundane greetings and aggression.

"Have you seen the Plague Prince? The Emperors Legion are ready for blood - as am I."

Raoh Logarius Raoh Logarius // Kalzok Kalzok

There was a lull in the battle. Combat had ceased. The armies had seen no action for a fortnight, however, Alize found this perfectly agreeable.

Dispatched by her Master to retrieve Sith artefacts for his collection, she had no desire in doing more than the bare minimum necessary. And so, this lull which allowed her to exert no effort pleased her greatly. After all, she had no desire for recognition or renown.

A Sith Knight more in name than skill, Alize had little intention of engaging on the frontlines. The frontlines was where the strong and reckless danced a brutal waltz of life and death. A dance she had no desire to partake in for she was neither strong nor reckless.

Enjoying this reprieve from violence, Alize sat on the grass cross-legged and threaded wild flowers she had gathered into garlands. This was a rather unbecoming sight for a Sith but as this path was not one she embarked on by choice, she had little interest in conforming.

Under the guise of disinterest she quietly observed the platinum blonde haired man who led this campaign. Though she had little experience with combat or the military it had seemed clear to her that the Sith had the upper hand. So why did he, the leader, order a pause in the campaign? This was beyond Alize's comprehension.

Raoh Logarius Raoh Logarius - Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru - Kalzok Kalzok - Darth Nito Darth Nito

The stink of death and tibanna yet lingered on the fields of that little-known world. Sith battalions moved restlessly in their camps, while the walls of the besieged fortress stood just as silent as they had for days. The conflict seemed to be caught in stasis... with perhaps one noticeable exception.

A molten ball of glowing plasma hurtled across the expanse of carnage to slam into Havelok's impressive outer wall. It detonated like a small warhead, the explosion throwing flame through the air. But when the smoke cleared, the wall seemed unharmed. All that showed was a large black carbon-mark.

Not far from the Sith's main camp sat a ridge overlooking the battlefield. Here was the artillery placement lobbing explosive shells at the Fort; a young man in a dark cloak, scowling at the damage (or lack of) that his attack had caused. His cuirass and mask were of steel, afire with shining runes in a strange language. In the space between his pale hands, a mote of fire began to rage and burn. With effort, he contained the flames to a smaller and smaller area, still feeding the light, increasing the heat. Soon, in one hand, he held a blazing orb that hurt to gaze upon.

He took a deep breath.

With a vicious overhead throw, Venn sent the firebolt rocketing across the bloody fields to blast against the walls of Havelok again, striking nearly the same spot as before. He'd been at this for hours, the regular explosions in the distance thundering like a slow drum... or the solemn knock at a heavy door. We're still here. Let us in.

CricketBarTSEredgold.png

Last edited:

Kalzok

Fort Havelok Siege Lines

"Boring, huh?"

Kalzok, who had finished charting the readings of the Force that clouded this accursed land, had gotten up and paced the camp. That was how he had noticed the Knight that stood apart from the rest. He had been curious as to what her deal was (is that how people say it?) and now was as good a time as any to inquire.

And so he did, and sat a few paces away from the young Knight on another moss-ridden rock, pulling off his mask. While normally a Sith would never interact with another without some intention of gaining an advantage, but in truth, Kalzok was never a normal Sith. A rather unfitting one, some might say, learning about inferior practices.

And that's why I still have my head, and theirs are paperweights in my study.

"Nice flowers. Using it for a ritual?"

Alize Alize

Last edited:
Feigning ignorance, Alize continued to thread wild flowers through one another as she sensed the presence of a Sith's approach. Despite being one herself, presence of other Sith unsettled her. But she had to conceal her unease.

"Nice flowers. Using it for a ritual, or something along those lines?"

The Sith had addressed her.

"A ritual?" Alize looked in the direction of the voice to gaze upon the visage of its owner. Grey skin and yellows eyes, signs of the corruption that plagued the Sith and a glimpse into her future if she gave in to her anger. A reminder to do no more than only what was necessary.

"I do not do rituals." Or other Sith arts either if she could avoid it.

"This is merely something to pass the time." Alize let go of the garland. Now was not the time to play around. She had to be on guard. After all, what could he want from her? In her experience the Sith did not approach without an agenda.

Kalzok Kalzok

Kalzok

Kalzok could sense her unease, both in her words and through the Force. Not what he intended, but then, it was the sort of thing to be expected (and even leveraged) from his physical appearance.

What do I even want here?

"Well, passing the time by threading plantlife is a bit of a ritual. One time my teacher taught me a spell to stop rain using grid paper. But that was before I turned him into gridded squares."

An uncomfortable silence, save for the sound of the wind and the distant artillery.

That landed well.

"Have you gotten word of the Plague Prince's plan? The other Lords either do not know or do not with me to know. With all this waiting around for nothing, I don't want to have to use my grid paper spell to pass the time," he asked, changing the subject.

Alize Alize

Last edited:
Alize nodded. She had not thought of that. When the Sith spoke of rituals, they usually referred to those that involved Sith sorcery rather than something so innocuous. However, the words that followed were more typical for a Sith.

An awkward silence ensured, punctuated by the gentle whispers of the wind and noise of distant artillery.

"Unfortunately, I know no more than you do."

Alize glanced at the stubborn walls that refused to fall. She hoped they continued to stand strong. Rather than feeling bored or restless, she was enjoying an impromptu holiday.

"Do you have any speculations or theories as to why he ordered a ceasefire?" She inquired. It seemed in her best interest that this Sith did not succumb to boredom lest she face the same fate as his Master.

Kalzok Kalzok

Kalzok

"Well, I suspect the defenses of the Fort were increased. The artillery isn't doing much. Perhaps the commander has a ritual of his own that he is enacting, and not the kind that passes the time, if you get my meaning."

Kalzok looked up at the grey sky. Perhaps his suspicion was wrong, as the Force was not particularly agitated from what he could gather, but that really meant nothing with the presence of so many Sith clouding any clear readings.

"Perhaps he's sent assassins. Or there are reinforcements coming soon. I certainly hope he does not expect us, in our current, ah, galactic situation, to starve them out."

"That said, I do find this waiting preferable to fighting." Kalzok picked up some scorched grass and held it close to his eyes. "In small doses, of course, and frankly I'd much rather be digging around old tombs and the like. Have you been to any recently?" he asked idly. He was in an enjoyably relaxed state for once, he mused, chatting about inconsequential things. Oppius was far too stoic for that kind of talk, and Shavak still nursed a deferential bitterness. Soka, when he wasn't busy making money for Kalzok or chasing down archeological leads, was a pleasant enough friend to talk about empty things. Empty talk, they called it on some worlds. He found the term misleading. Such talk often revealed the veneer of the speakers.

Alize Alize

Alize breath a sigh of relief when she heard no more veiled threats within his words.

At least he was entertained.

"Interesting speculations. I was under the impression that he planned to poison their water or introduce a plague through rodents."

She looked down at the discarded garland on the grass. The sight of the colourful flowers relaxed her a little.

"No, I have not." Regret filled Alize as she spoke the last syllables. She should have lied.

Careful not to betray her concerns, she raised her head to scan the area for someone to be her replacement. Some else to become gridded squares. Someone to provoke or bore the Sith into curing his boredom with his spells.

Unfortunately, she could find no anyone with a particularly punchable face near by. Where was a gungan when you needed one?

"Since you have an interest in digging around old tombs, I assume you also have an interest in legends and fables of the old?"

Kalzok Kalzok

Far from the walls of Fort Havelok, the Death Guard had raised a command post to coordinate the siege.
Within, Raoh stood before the war table, clad in illustrious, shining armour.
He gazed upon a hologram of the fort, its blue hue shined brightly upon his face.
Flanked by his retinue, he pondered his next move.

"Commander Ran," Raoh beckoned, his eyes yet affixed to the fort.

The commander stood forward, and offered his prince a respectful bow. "Your Grace?"

"Gather my guests," Raoh ordered.

The commander responded with another bow. "As you command, My Lord"

From the comamand center, the Sith Lord's order spread throughout the siege lines.
Death Guard soldiers gathered the various Sith Lords, Knights, and Acolytes, and brought them before their host.

Alize Alize Kalzok Kalzok Venn Kolis Venn Kolis Darth Nito Darth Nito Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

Kalzok

Since you have an interest in digging around old tombs, I assume you also have an interest in legends and fables of the old?
Kalzok looked up from the grass in his hand. He was surprised to realise he was interested to hear what she had to say.

"Of course, it's something of an interest of mine. Though I spend more of that cataloguing, ah, groups that are... Sith-adjacent. But never mind that. Yes, I am interested in those stories. They have much to teach us, on multiple levels. How people thought, how they thought they thought, how they communicated those ideas in narrative form, and if I'm lucky, even part of what actually happened."

Alize Alize

"I agree, there is much we could learn from them."

Alize had perused many a old tomes herself, searching for a way to free herself from the grasp of the Force or a means to continue her learning untainted by corruption. She did not want to lose herself to power.

Hearing the sounds of disciplined footsteps, rhythmic in their movement, a member of the Death Guard approached the pair.

"My Lord, Lady Knight. His Grace, Prince Raoh Logarius Raoh Logarius summons you."

After two week's pause, it seemed the fight would soon continue.

"Seems like Darth Putrescere is finally ready," she shot a glance at her conversation partner and picked up a few loose flowers from the garland that had freed themselves when she dropped it. Alize stood up and after a quick stretch of her legs, she followed the Death Guard.

As they made their way towards the regal Darth's tent, Alize pondered was deep in thought. How did she want to present herself? Someone to be taken seriously or someone that could be underestimated? She could not decide.

She did not have much power so was there any merit to being taken seriously? Would it not be better to be underestimated and forgotten so she could take what she needed and leave immediately when the chance presented itself?

Alize had made her decision.

Her nimble finger made quick work of the wild flowers and weaved them into her long hair that was in a half updo.

"In here."

The Death Trooper held up the door flap of the tent for her, ushering her in.

Inside an ominous air filled the room as her eyes fell on the man clad in illustrious, shining armour that contrasted against the Sithly golden of his irises.

Disgust filled Alize when she noticed the quickening of her heartbeat and a warmth in her cheeks. Unconsciously, she took a few steps back. She had been the first to arrive and this had made her all the more uncomfortable.

Kalzok Kalzok - Venn Kolis Venn Kolis - Darth Nito Darth Nito - Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

370d9lz.png

"Nito."

Her tone was much like his, though a coy grin formed after a moment. "Oh? Not your own legions?" The ever faithful lap dog of the Worm. Alina did her best not to laugh, if only to avoid another fight with the General. It wasn't something she could win, at least right now. Before she could actually answer his question, though, one of the Plague Prince's very guard approached them.

"This way."

Alina shot the guard a glance before shrugging her shoulders and grinning ever again to Nito. Then turned to leave and approach the chambers in question. Though paused just outside. A familiar scent.

Oh good.

The Knight stepped in, glancing towards Alize curiously, but said nothing. Just offered a friendly nod. They were here for the Prince, after all.

Raoh Logarius Raoh Logarius | Alize Alize | Darth Nito Darth Nito | Venn Kolis Venn Kolis | Kalzok Kalzok

Kalzok

Finally, the summons! Kalzok got to his feet as Alize left with the troopers. He waved away Shavak when the warrior approached him.

"I can handle myself in there, and besides, not every Sith gives you the respect you deserve as Sai'Ham of the Sumaka."

Kalzok stopped several times as he approached the tent, making note of the exact disposition of the army arrayed around them. Alize and Alina were already in there when Kalzok arrived. The tent was not much warmer than outside, so Kalzok held his robes closed, keeping in his body heat. What a disappointing tent. The colours are pleasing, though.

Raoh Logarius Raoh Logarius Alize Alize Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru Darth Nito Darth Nito Venn Kolis Venn Kolis

Raoh Logarius Raoh Logarius | Alize Alize | Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru | Darth Nito Darth Nito | Venn Kolis Venn Kolis | Kalzok Kalzok

A container sat entrenched behind the siege lines, rumbling groans and bangs on the walls were the only thing that escaped it's durasteel walls. On the front of the container, on the doors that are sealed shut by an advanced locking mechanism, were two letters sprayed onto it; 'V-S'. The container was wrapped in chains, along with the lock. Though, seething and marching back and forth in contemplation was Darth Sanctym, idly waving a hand towards the container when the noises from within became too bothersome for him. Falling silent, for some time, afterwards.

Though, he would continuously climb up onto the ramparts to see the state of the siege. He was awaiting the fire. The screams. The bloodshed. That would be when he would release the tortured souls he kept within the container. Or atleast what was left of them.

He took the time to venture through the siege lines to what he could make out was a command tent, upon entering he would glare to each of the individuals, almost judgingly. A dip of his head, would be all he would give, though his presence alone; he felt was far too much to give. Against his wishes, he painstakingly opened his lips, speaking in a lazy tone.

"Afternoon. I hope I'm not too late."

The Death Guard stood silently behind Venn, waiting for the apprentice to acknowledge the summons he'd been issued. Gazing out at the scarred wall he'd been bombarding, Venn tried to decide whether he was imagining things, or whether, out in the distance, he could see the outer skin of the fortress wall beginning to crumble? Finally, he turned away from staring at the blackened stone to begin the walk back to the main Sith encampment. "About time."

He reached a hand to the thin chain around his neck- pulled from it a small back of dark steel. The script around the band was set with red gemstones; as he slipped in onto his finger, the letters began to burn and shine. All around the Sith encampment, monsters began to awaken. Screaming and howling, their bloodlust flowing into Venn's ring, and returning to them tenfold.

In packs great and small, the Korsehv Drones began to assemble throughout the Sith camp. The most intelligent walked upright like men, casually regarding their surroundings, as they attempted to keep their more savage fellows in line. These other drones were altogether barbarous- they ran parallel to the ground like beasts, stole scraps of food like stray hounds. It had been days since they'd finished devouring all the carrion the death fields had to offer. Now Venn wore the ring again, and they were hungry.

Nearing the Command Post of the Plagueborne, Venn gave a stern look to two drones who'd wandered too close to the opulent tent. With wounded yelps they scarpered. The Hierophant shook his head in disgust, and entered in time to hear Darth Sanctym's languid remark.

"I'd hope not, Lord, else my own state must be equally tardy." His steel mask hid the wry grin at his comment, which evaporated when he recognized two figures: the tall pallid warrior woman, and the hunched man in heavy robes. He greeted them in a tired sigh, remembering the fairly recent debacle on Bar'leth. "Tremiru. Kalzok."

CricketBarTSEredgold.png

Last edited:
Scourge of the Stars
"The Emperor's Legion surpass my own in skill, and are here as a message of support to the Prince.", Nito offered, ignoring her jab even slight as it was.

He did not speak as the Death Guard came to collect them, nor did he do anything else to Alina. Nito ducked to enter into the war room, before crossing his arms - watching everyone speak their greeting before offering a slight bow to Raoh Logarius Raoh Logarius .

"The Worm sends his regards."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom