Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Show Goes On

"Mhmmm." Jamie said, pointing towards Aela's face, lightly poking her cheek. "They're scared of you. That mean looking mug of yours! Never smiling!"

She gave an affirmative nod, as if she knew it was true. "Terrified, even. I bet they all hush up straight away when you arrive."

Her finger redirected its' assault towards the girl's side, finding the space between one of her ribs and poking at it gently. "Me? Jealous of that crusty old thing?" A Hmph of her own rang out through the corridor with a roll of her shoulders. "Did you even see my lightsaber? It was a work of art. Art! That damned Knight of Ren stole not only my weapon but my art!"

It was hard for her to imagine just how corrupt he would turn that weapon of hers now. One day she'd have it back...

"I'm not a Padawan either. But you're still old."

[member="Aela Talith"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

"Those younglings love me." Aela stated admamantly, mostly because she was pretty sure that it was true. The younglings all adored her, asked questions, cheered when she arrived or interrupted another class, and most importantly they sometimes brought her gifts.

It was a form of bribery of course in order for her to teach them some sort of secret, but...well she still counted it.

"Your lightsaber was nice, maybe even art." In a way, every lightsaber was a piece of art, it was a precious thing for any rank. Padawan, Knight, Master, they all held their lightsabers dear. For many Jedi the weapons weren't simply something to swing around and cut through metals with, they were an extension of oneself. That was true enough for Aela, her own weapons came from things she found important. Her family had practically built one for her, and the other? It represented the Jedi of Old, the Ancient ones that she'd looked up to since she had been a child. "No Knight of Ren can really take away what you created, at least not in spirit."

She assured Jamie. "And, you'll always be my Padawan."

That last statement came with a nudge of her shoulder.

Jamie sneered in retaliation of Aela's Padawan comment. "You sound like my mother. Serves as proof; You're old."

The Jedi's nudge was returned by Jamie's own as they reached the galley, the corridor opening up into the modest prep and eating area for the small crew that could be housed aboard. Much like other alliance ships, it held the same general layout, and likely the same moderately edible food offerings. If there was anything that the noblewoman missed from home, it was the food. The sweet smell of just about everything that was made from hand, with love. It was as if all the care and preparation was stripped away and the remains of a careless, mindless droid had prepared the food stored on starships.

Even the raw ingredients half the time were just on the cusp of spoiling. It was rather disappointing most of the time.

"I may always be your Padawan, but you'll always be the oldest of us."

[member="Aela Talith"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

One couldn't really find gourmet food on any sort of military ship, it just wasn't done. Of course both the girls could have probably sprung for a luxury yacht, but something like that wouldn't have lasted very long in the cold and battle ridden climates of Hoth they had just come from.

"Psh." Aela said as they slowly wandered over towards the counter of the galley. "I technically haven't even reached adulthood yet."

At least in the circumstances of her grandmother species. It wasn't really something that Aela discussed often, or even at all with Jamie, but she technically wasn't human. On her mothers side she was Lorrdian, at least they thought, but on her fathers side things were entirely more complex. Both of her fathers parents were a mix of humanoid species, and on her grandmothers side that mix was incredibly long lived. They were Garhan, a species that were rare, and survived to be over a thousand years old.

Aela hadn't quite inherited that longevity, but testing had shown she had a longer life than almost any humanoid species. "When your skin is all wrinkles and crows feet I'll still look like this."

She gestured to herself.

"Then we'll see whose old." Aela stuck out her tongue as she grabbed a plastic tray.

"You think so huh? Not if you happen to fall down some stairs by--" She made quotation marks in the air with her fingers. "Accident." A mischievous smirk appeared and vanished rather quickly. "Even still, you'd still be forever older, even if you can somehow cheat your looks."

There were thousands upon thousands of races in the galaxy, some of which had still yet to be discovered, others long since dead. Jamie always assumed Aela was human of some variety, but even then the lines were somewhat blurred. Human was a general trait attributed to anything that resembled Jamie's typical makeup. And while it was a bit surprising that Aela said what she said, it wasn't completely baffling to the girl, even if it were a bit disappointing.

As Aela took up the tray Jamie quickly grabbed a hold of it, eyes narrowing in an ominously evil manner.

"Maybe I'll join the dark side and find that secret to immortality. Then we'll see who lives longer, my dear master."

With the sweetest of smiles the blonde released the tray, picking up one of her own.

[member="Aela Talith"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

"I will." Aela said as she turned. "Since I've already fallen."

Her voice was completely neutral and even.

The statement was of course utterly ludicrous. The bracelets that the two girls wore made it entirely impossible for either one of them to fall to the darkside without the other one noticing it, but if they were going to play this game then Aela would play it fully. "All you'll ever learn."

She suddenly whirled around.

"I've already mastered." Gentle Aela bopped Jamie on the head with the plastic tray.

"Don't forget." She said with a smirk. "I'm not just older, but wiser."

"You just think you're so clever, Aela Talith." The girl's nose scrunched in frustration, and a quick disgruntled head shake soon followed. "As wise as a Bantha's behind, I should think."

Leaning in closer, Jamie raised herself up onto the tips of her toes to stand just a little taller than her friend. "You've already mastered, huh?" A villainous grin danced from cheek to cheek as the words formed in the mouth of one Jamie Pyne. Her tongue pressed between two rows of teeth lingered for a moment as she considered what she was about to do. Though it wasn't as if there was any true consideration for whether or not she was going to say them or not. It was more of a matter of in the way she would deliver them.

"Is that why you're afraid of boys? Afraid of...Sex? Why you're still a virgin? I bet you don't even know how to kiss someone. That's why you read all those dirty novels I think."

Settling back on the heels of her feet she lingered, feeling as though she had won that in full.

[member="Aela Talith"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

In that moment Aela was very happy that the galley was completely empty save for the droid standing behind the counter top. She turned a bright shade of strawberry red, though her frown told of stark determination hinted with just a mix of disapproval of what her padawan had said.

Indignation was the perfect word for it.

”I know perfectly fine thank you.” No she didnt, but Jamie wouldn’t have to know that. It was perhaps slightly embarrassing to the older woman that at twenty six years old she had never even kissed a boy. Though in truth she never gave much thought to it, mostly because she preferred to ignore the issue and only think about it when she had to.

”Besides.” She said dismissively. ”That has nothing to do with anything.”

She slowly began to pluck food off the counter. ”Im just waiting for the right person.”

Jamie stepped to the side, immediately blocking the other girl's path towards the cupboard. Piercing azure orbs glared at and studied Aela's expression and cherry colored face.

"No you don't!" Her voice pitched, accusation asserted. "And it most certainly does have something to do with things! You're not a master of it! You don't even know how to kiss! And you are still a virgin!"

A quick hiccup of laughter erupted from within her. Almost involuntarily the girl bounced on her feet, head bobbing blonde locks about, a grin the size of a small moon pushing at her cheeks. Jamie was reveling in her embarrassment thoroughly. "Waiting!? For what! If you find the right person and you haven't a clue how to even kiss!? They are going to wonder what's wrong with you."

With a few clicks of her tongue and another shake of her head Jamie took a small container down, a bowl, and found half a carton of blue milk in the cooler.

The Knight turned her head towards Aela's brightly colored face. "It seems you haven't mastered everything that I have."

[member="Aela Talith"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

”Oh yeah?” Aela asked incredulously, not quite having an answer just yet but doing her best to try and come up with one in the brief moment of silence that she was now managing to create with her lack of words.

The truth was of course that Jamie was correct. Aela had absolutely no experience in kissing, sex, or relationships as a whole. The closest shed ever gotten to that was undercover work and in her book, or probably any book, that didnt count in the least. This was supposed to be her real life after all not any of the personas that she had taken on. Still, admitting that was something she didnt really want to do.

Especially to Jamie who was teasing her relentlessly.

”Well!” She was still stalling, not quite sure what to say. ”I bet you haven't mastered sex! just because you've done it a few times with your boyfriend doesn't mean anything.”

There was always something new to explore, the novels at least taught her that.

The thought of that made her blush even harder. ”So there.”

That was Aela’s final word on the topic as she turned and stormed towards one of the tables.

"Oh, my darling Aela, we haven't done it a few times. We've done it many, many times." She held up a finger to pause any response, "Sometimes two, or three times in a row." An evil grin painted her face. "Things you wouldn't believe. Places you wouldn't believe." Quickly Jamie followed behind Aela towards the table, continuing her dialog all the way there. "I was like you, you know. Flustered and red faced at the mere mention of the subject. But now?" She dropped the tray onto the table with a thud as she plopped into a chair, leaning in towards the cherry flushed blonde across from her.

"I've mastered it. Now it's just as natural as breathing. You on the other hand? Well, I'll just say making you blush is fun, you sexual Padawan."

With another belly laugh the girl mixed the blue milk into the bowl and set the spoon down, grinning directly at Aela as she took a small bite.

[member="Aela Talith"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Aela let out a loud ‘pff’ noise.

”Maybe I don't want to master it.” Not yet anyway, she wanted to wait for the right person, she wanted to be with someone that wanted to be with her for the right reasons. Jamie Had found that apparently, she was happy with Kurt and she was apparently more than happy to sleep with him many...many times.

That was good for her, Aela didn't want that yet. Not with some random person.

”Maybe we should ask Kurt if you've mastered it.” She said to her padawan. ”Maybe he'll have a different story to tell.”

Of course she wasn't actually interested in doing any such thing, but she wanted to wrestle back some of the power from her padawan.

"Oh, no? I know when you're lying to me. If you didn't care you wouldn't be so red right now, and you also wouldn't have so many of those dirty books stashed away, among other things." She glanced down at her wrist. "I also wouldn't feel what you're feeling right now, either." Those bracelets were as much a burden as they were a gift, sometimes. Right now it was a fantastic gift, at least for one of the girls.

Jamie sat up straight, her hands crossing over one another beneath her arms. For a second she judged Aela with her eyes from across the table.

"Go right ahead though, I dare you." That same deviant smile returned. "I know you won't. Not when your face gets that red just talking to me about it."

Picking up the utensil she held it a ways away for a moment longer, a bit lazily in her hand. "So it seems you're not better than me at everything."

[member="Aela Talith"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

”Just most things.” She stated flatly, quietly hoping the would be the end of the sex part of the conversation.

Jamie was right of course, Aela was inexperienced when it came to anything to do with relationships. Sex, kissing, any of it. The Jedi Master wasn't uncomfortable about the topics themselves, she could talk about them without any issue, but she was embarrassed that she hadn't done any of them at her age. It was a small, almost childish thing, but she couldn't help but feel that way.

She was only human.

”Ill get to it in time.” She stated finally and a bit more quietly. ”With the right person.”

Then Aela paused. ”Like you.”

Jamie Couldn't argue that.

"Just admit it." She said sternly. "I want to hear you admit it, and not in that roundabout Aela Talith way."

She eyed her with those deep azure eyes. "Say you're not the master of everything that I know and I will stop embarrassing you."

Aela won just about every debate, argument, and squabble they had ever had. Jamie wasn't about to let the opportunity slip by to be the winner of this one.

"Otherwise I will see just how red you can get before you pop."

The one and only topic Jamie knew she could really bring up that would fluster Aela was the one at hand, and using it to her advantage was at times immensely entertaining. It was the only way to keep some bit of pride and ego on her side. She wasn't about to let that advantage die.

[member="Aela Talith"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

"I will admit." She stated flatly. "That you have more experience in the subject."

That was about as far as she would go.

Mostly because in her own believe it was practically impossible to master sex anyway, there was always something new to try. The Novels that she read highlighted that over and over and she doubted that Jamie and Kurt had...well she didn't really want to think about it all. Her lips turned to a frown as she slowly shook her head. "That's all you're getting."

Aela stated flatly.

"Now eat." Her voice was commanding, authoritative.

The discussion was not one that Aela was eager continuing on, and if need be she would much rather speak of...well pretty much anything else. Perhaps in time they would be able to talk about things on a more even keel, though she doubted it.

The blonde huffed, blowing a strand of hair away from her left eye, only to follow with an indignant hmph.

"Fine. You are so very stubborn, you know?"

Just when it looked as though Jamie was about to do as she was told, she dropped the spoon into the bowl and looked back up at Aela quizzically.

"What were you doing on Mustafar, anyway? You never told me why you were there in the first place. I thought you were done with all that?"

Jamie knew why Aela followed her Padawan to Hoth, but not why she was on Mustafar at the same time. "What happened there?"

Perhaps the change of subject and Jamie's attention would be more welcome there.

[member="Aela Talith"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

”Master Rhen called on me.” Aela said simply.

She hadn't wanted to fight, she had wanted to stay out of it, but she couldn't dent a call from the Jedi Grand Marshall. Her brothers and and sisters within the Order had needed help, and so Aela had simply gone to help. Of course in the end she had done nothing but witness a suicide and watch the Ren escape with her padawan but still. She had been there.

”It was chaotic.” She explained quietly. ”I think we only withdrew because we simply had no idea what was going on.”

Aela frowned. ”Then they hit Skorr so quickly after…”

The Jedi Master let out a long breath.

”I need a vacation.” She said finally, rubbing her hands against her face.[/color]

"I see. I'm sorry you know, for having to chase after me again."

Why was it that she always needed saving? She tried so very hard to be careful in everything she did, but no matter what it was as if the galaxy had it out for her for some unknown reason. "I was there with a small team of people and just two alliance guards. I didn't honestly think we needed them. It was just a research excursion."

Jamie took up the utensil once more and took a small bite. The conversation lingered for a moment until she was again ready.

"None of them made it out. At least I don't think they did. I didn't see them again and I couldn't radio them. But what I really don't understand is that Castor was so very adamant about not being labeled Sith, about being better than Sith, yet there they were, at Darth Vader's castle, one of the most notoriously Sith places in the Galaxy. It just doesn't make sense, and I couldn't wrestle any answers from him."

[member="Aela Talith"]

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Aela frowned.

She had heard it all of course, from the Ren themselves in fact. All the claims about not being Sith, about even being good, but she couldn't grasp it. Perhaps it was because she had seen what they'd done, perhaps it was because they had shown no example of their righteousness. It made no sense to the young woman, even less so when she thought about all the horrific acts that she had seen the First Order and the Knights of Ren conduct.

"I don't know." She said finally.

Her head shook. "I can't know what they believe."

"But." Another sigh escaped her lips. "What they believe and what is true doesn't necessarily coincide. They could think themselves Neutral, they could even think themselves Jedi, but the evidence points to the contrary."

She glanced at her padawan. "The truth is always a bit gray, and here it seems...well even more so. I do know they support Sith, they harbor them and keep them close, that's enough for me to take action, I imagine its the same for the Alliance."

That at least no one could deny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom