Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC The Shamed Ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
YuuzhanVongwarriors.jpg

Name: The Shamed Ones
Intent: To create a small NPC force of Yuuzhan Vong who disavow themselves of the violence and evil doing of the Sith that control their people and aid war torn planets undo the harm done by their people.
Affiliation: The Galactic Republic
Availability: Rare
Type: Engineering/Scientific
Strength: 1000:
  • Zur Shan x 1
  • Zur Shan's personnel guards x 49 former warriors
  • Shamed Shapers x 150
  • Shamed Workers x 800
Description: It began on Manaan.....the whispers of shame and disgust at the killing of the Progenitor. It was a noble beast, a warrior beast that defended its people. To the vast majority of the Yuuzhan Vong it meant nothing, but to those that wallowed in the filth of their species, treated as slaves and cheap labor, it was symbol of all that was wrong with their people.

Then those whispers took form.

Nom_Anor_by_Brian_Rood.jpg

Zar Shun was a Shamed One but unlike many of those that followed him, he wasn't born into that caste. Shun was born into the Shaper Caste but word got out that Shun had a deep secret that was unheard of among the Vong. Shun was an atheist. While the evidence of such wasn't strong enough to lead to his execution, they declared him a heretic and he joined the Shamed Ones. One a member of that caste he was nothing to the Yuuzhan Vong. Slave labor....a non-entity. But what many missed in his dismissive, downcast eyes, was an intelligence and ambition that went beyond many of the Shamed Ones. Shun began slowly....insidiously. He saw the tension that was building among the Shamed Ones, like the string of a bow being drawn backwards. Shun took no immediate action but began to spread the dissent through intermediaries. The discontent grew and began to spread with a momentum that Shun didn't think possible. It wasn't long until he had a steady following.

But that following brought attention. Soon they were coming for him.

Shun fled, taking a small band of loyal Vong with him and they kept on the move, not settling down in one place for long. Shun had thought himself a failure. But then they intercepted another Vong vessel. It was a group of Shamed Ones fleeing as he had fled. They had sought him out and the band grew once more. Slowly, making their way toward Republic space, the Heretics continued to build up strength. The Vong that joined him were an odd mix. Some were Shamed Ones from birth whose implants hadn't taken, some were former Shapers such as himself, and even fewer were from the warrior castes whose failures had lead them to dishonor.

When they finally arrived in Galactic Republic space, they found that they had amassed 1000 Vong Shamed Ones to their cause. Shun quickly sought out the Republic hierarchy in the hopes of establishing a safe place for his people within Republic space in return for their aid in undoing the damage done by his Vong brethren. These were not warriors, these were Vong dedicated to helping to redeem worlds that were terraformed by the Vong. A small number of warriors dedicated themselves to defending their charismatic leader but there were not enough of them to worm an effective fighting group. Shun and his small band of former Shapers provide the scientific know-how while the Shamed workers provide the backbone for their work. Unlike among the Vong of the Sith, however, these workers are treated well and valued for their dedication and work.
Links: n/a

[member="Kian Karr"]

Alrighty, I like the sub, just need a few things
  • Can I have some information on their capabilities in regards to their skills in engineering and science since they are mostly Shamed Ones?
  • For their leader, I'd like to see an individual sub for him if you plan to use him a bit more to lead this group if that's okay
  • Would they have any role in combat?

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

Sorry for the delayed response, busy weekend!

I put in a bit about how they are capable of engineering, namely that their leader is a former Shaper as are a number of those that have joined them. I've also put in a little bit on their fighting capability, namely that they have a very small number of warriors that act as bodyguards for the leader but there aren't enough for them to be used as a fighting force. I've broken down their total numbers by units to show all this more effectively.

As for creating an NPC submission for Zar Shun, I was actually planning on making him a PC character but I hadn't gotten around to making the submission for him. Would you prefer I get the character bio up before judging this?

[member="Kian Karr"]

As I saw you made a PC for the leader and nothing really beyond them being a Vong science team, I'm going to mark this as pending approval. If for some reason the unit expands or changes, you'll just have to do a sub modification :)

[member="Tefka"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom