Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Shaman of Tatooine

Months Later after the Incident
Tatooine, near Mos Entha
shop3.jpg
The Sullustan would cough very lightly, the fumes starting to get to him once again. Opening a nearby window, he felt a wave of heat blast into the building he had somewhat air conditioned over time. "I got to work on that ventilation system." Closing the window after a few minutes, he would turn back around and sit in a nearby chair with a few parts. The whine and creak of that chair was all that could be heard in the workshop, leaning over as he carefully took a piece of metal and started to cut into it with a torch, remaining silent throughout the process as he heard the soft cry of the Tuskens afar. Stopping, he would very slowly look out the window at what was disturbing the native population today as all he could see was several of their warriors looking straight into the workshop of the Sullustan. Giving a long sigh, he would get up from what he was working on and grab his Tusken cloak, wrapping it around his body along with grabbing a flexible mask that was old as himself and walking outside as the warriors made their slow approach towards the residence. Stopping half way, the Sullustan now looking like one of them would approach and meet at the half way point, staring back as one to the far side would kneel down which made the Sullustan tilt his head, speaking in fluent Tusken, not one word wrong nor one part of his accent wrong.

"I ask why you disturb my residence. The boundaries are clear."
"The King Talai'oiam requests the audience of the Shaman."
"I do not think it is wise to give my audience without reason."
"The Tribes of Shakai, Kiaoah, and Tiaha has formed an alliance to take back territory from the rusted metal. They ask upon you for your blessing on the assault of Mos Taike in four days time."
"Mos Taike has a reputation of its own lore...its own rescues. How sure is this...King, that he can reclaim territory lost to the settlers? One that has repeatedly been battered by our people for centuries?"
"We are in mass, we grow in hundreds and are ready to fight their metal beings!"
"They bring down ships in dozens with metal among thousands. You are not even close to prepared...what of the other tribes?"
"They will join in time, two have melded into Kiaoah and have strengthen us. Our strength as warriors and as skilled men of the desert will prove to them our destiny!"
"Your King is of folly."
"Are you against the King?"
"Not just against the King, I refuse my blessing upon this assault. For the centuries I have watched over the Sand People, I have made great lengths to ensure our attacks among settlements were very limited and small in stature, to moderate and make peace with the larger settlements to create boundaries and only go to war when it has been broken. You are threatening the very nature of not only your tribes, but all of the Sand People in your foolish assault upon Mos Taike. The Confederacy will kill not only our people but will lay waste to all we have standing. So no, I will not grant the audience he so wishes."
"We were told to take you to him by any means for you to witness his leadership."
"You Warriors believe you can do that?"

The seven would merely stare blankly, their masks showing no emotion as the wind blew past the group. The one kneeling never stood up as he remained silent as the one to the right side yelled out a war cry, pulling the Gaderffii from his side to strike onto the cloaked Sullustan with the spear end. Having trained since his youth in the art of its fighting style, he would grip onto it with both hands and shove it hard to the side to make the Tusken lose his grip. Tumbling onto his side, the Sullustan gripped onto the Gaderffii and slammed down violently with one of the sharpened sides of its axe like handles as it would spout blood onto the sand. Leaving the Gaderffii into the now slain Tusken, the Sullustan slowly turned and walked over towards the one that had kneeled towards the Shaman.

"You have not spoke and shown respect to me. You are to take lead back to your camp and inform of my decision. If he so wishes to take his assault onto Mos Taike, I shall await him on the outskirts of town. There he can have the audience with me as he so wished along with my Gaderffii. Burn your dead with dignity and I implore each of you after you return to camp and speak of my decision, to not go to this assault. If you do not, you will face my wrath. What I have said is my word and in my full spirit of the Sand People. You may now rise and leave."

The one kneeling nodded and slowly stood, motioning to the group to pick up the now slain Tusken as the Sullustan merely waited at his boundary, not leaving until they are far away from his residence. At that point, the twin suns would slowly turn to set, letting the Sullustan give a long sigh as he made the very slow journey back towards his little hovel of a house. Entering the building, he would enact a few protocols inside to seal the building from intruders and making the slow walk into the back, grab his own Gaderffii that been modified over the years, holding it out to the side as the spiked end was missing and ignited the recently remade Gaderffii lightsaber as it glowed a emerald green. Turning it off, he would put it upon his belt as well as a Dysasi lightsaber he had recently made onto his left, more of a status symbol that anything but would make those more weary to strike first if necessary. Lastly, he had to choose a projectile weapon to take with him just in case the need arises and he selected the FAF Hussar Flechette Pistol, making sure to take two magazines and placing it onto his belt along with a few days worth of rations. Walking outside of his own residence and locking up, he would go to the side to a rather old Tsmeu-6 that been modified to have no blasters or extra seats but having more slots to hold weaponry in case he runs across it along with satchels to hold numerous items including a medical kit. Turning it on, he would take off towards Mos Taike as he gently lumbered over the long dunes of Tatooine.

Mos Taike, Two Days Before Assault
It had taken him much more time than expected to reach Mos Taike but he would arrive in good fashion and health. Pulling into one of the nearby garages, he would nod towards the attendant and rent out a spot for himself for a few days, wearing the cloak of a Tusken Raider but not the helmet as most would just consider him strange as the flexible helmet laid limp onto his belt loop side, as if to signify what he was. As he walked over to a nearby motel to stay for the few nights, he would pass on by an elderly humanoid woman as she spoke up towards him, making the Sullustan stop in his tracks.

"The great Shaman has returned."
"I do not know what you speak of...I am just a simple hermit."
"Oh I know you though...I remember that mask since I was a child. You do not have to humor someone like me with the truth...we both know of it. But tell me though...are we going to be okay?"
"I...I do not know. I am here to ensure it though in the coming days."
"Then all we can do is pray to our gods."

Looking towards her at last, he would make a small nod and walk towards the motel to check in, unsure what can occur after this. Time would move on closer and closer to the date as it apparently was no secret that the Tuskens would soon attempt to raid the town of Mos Taike. It has been renowned for many years that it was a resilient city that has repelled numerous attacks by the Tusken Raiders over the centuries though now, it may be facing one of its greatest assaults to date. Flyers could be out, asking for assistance for guard positions or government assistance from the Confederacy of Independent Systems. A few droids were posted around the town as everyone would know but the mass of several hundred Tusken Warriors will soon descend upon the town in just a couple of days though it could always...be sooner.

-----------------------------------------​
Shaman of the Tuskens Lore
First recorded appearance occurred around 7 ABY, around the time the first massing of Tusken Tribes after the Battle of Yavin. Legend goes that a lone warrior that had lost all of his tribe, family and homeland walked towards the encampment and convinced all but two of the tribal leaders at the time to stand down. Those that refused requested to know of his power, demonstrating his importance to culture as his tribes also last shaman. Performing what can only be described as mystical powers, they all stood down and dispersed in could be considered the first calm period of territorial disputes for well over a few decades as the Sand People remained docile. The people that had encountered the Sand People peacefully were only told that it was due to the Shaman which started the mythological legend of the Shaman of the Tuskens.
The legend speaks of a rather small Tuskan Raider whom speaks little though was kind. Those that have encountered him express their disbelief with most never knowing what he looked like under the mask. It has been recorded around every decade to a few years an appearance of the Shaman of the Tuskens, indicated by his ritualistic mask that is formed to fit onto his own head, having several unique markings and horns. Those that have recorded any forms of his encounters through written accords spoke of how the sands seem to be under the Shamans command, how it wields weapons of an ancient order of the Jedi and how he was of a miracle healer.
The legend also goes that his appearance almost certainly brings of trouble among the Tusken Raiders though generally is a protector of the settlers, very rarely does he side among them along their assaults. It has been recorded by several planetary historians how unusual their accounts of one individual showing up multiple times throughout history as it has been spoken that it could be a supposed champion of the Tusken Raiders among each set of people that happen to have that same appearance. To those that seek further information were soon to discover that not once has the individual been part of the warfare that plagued the planet over centuries of control over political or governmental control, only seeming to interfere when it comes to the Sand Peoples involvement and generally always in defense.
-----------------------------------------​

Tyde

Space Mowgli
On the window of the motel room, the one Jeggy occupied, there would be a faint scratch sound. The scratch on the glass would grow from a faint sound, to an actual loud click and tap, trying to get the shaman's attention. It was strange to hear anything on the window at all, being that it was a strange and difficult to reach location.

It was night time, and the air was fairly comfortable. The stars shone in the darkness, and the silhouette of wings could be seen outside of Jeggy's window, a strange winged beast upon the ledge.

The aquatic blue face of a child slowly pressed in closer to the glass, emerald eyes all but glowing in the dark as the little force prodigy peered into the room, fingers splayed out on the window as he looked for the shaman. The boy's golden hair shimmered faintly, his face close enough to cause his hair to brush against the smooth surface.

"Aaa..."

His voice carried the lightest sound, the boy also tapping with his fingers again.

One might find it a strange wonder that this boy should cross paths with Jeggy again. But, the boy seemed to swim within the force, its tides carrying him innocently along his line of fate, weaving his path for him.

[member="Jegy Sesara"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom