Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AmeTemp.png

Attire: [X]
Tag: Kha'la Daaray Kha'la Daaray

The alliance had been struck and those who had traveled to Hapes to do just that had left just as quickly as they arrived, likely proving to those who had their doubts that the Alliance was more of a formality of convenience than a true desire to bring the Hapan people into the fold. For others, they had come to do just as they had sought, find a powerful ally that could provide a boon in the coming days as a new conflict lurked on the horizon. Now was the time for the Senators to bicker in their gilded halls and come to a conclusion on how to deal with the Mandalorians whilst others already knew that the answer to that question was pure and simple, might.

It would be might that the Mandalorians would ultimately answer to and respect and to ensure that those resources would be available was the reason she had remained while others had left. Amelia knew what was coming and what it meant to face the Mandalorians, having once more engaged them above Ryloth as they began to reclaim former holdings they had previously claimed and even encroached upon the regions once held by the Confederacy of Independent Systems. She had remained behind, despite the brilliant light that bathed the planet in an eternal day, to ensure that the resources the Galactic Alliance needed, that she needed, would be provided. It was the history of the Hapan people that she had looked towards, and it was their vessels that she had become far more interested in and desired to secure.

Amelia had made her own appearance, made her own little speeches just as others had and she had ensured that it was blunt and to the point. There was no reason to sugarcoat the situation for the Queen Mother, no reason to give pleasantries when the question was asked as to why the Hapans should join the Alliance formally and send their populace off to a new conflict. She could promise that the Galactic Alliance would come out on top, nor would she promise that there would not be any loss of life. Amelia had only been able to provide a simple truth, that she would do what she could to the best of her abilities to bring as many Hapans home as she could, no more and no less. Death was inevitable in conflict, all one could do was lessen the numbers as much as they could so that, in the end, as many families as possible would remain whole in some form or another.

She had been taking the time, finally alone, to admire the architecture of the Palace when her attention was drawn away, a soft smirk crossing her lips beneath the helmet that would now stay on rather than once more exposing herself to the light. The burn had already begun to heal, though since it had been some time since she fed, it was still slow to do so. Bowing slightly, she kept her attention now fully upon her host, the individual she had requested to meet with in private once the others had returned to their own worlds and their own worries to pat themselves on the back.

"Queen Mother, thank you for agreeing to meet with me in private."

Amelia rose from her bowed position before bringing her hands to rest behind her back, one clasped in the other, her focus remaining upon the woman as she now stood silently.

"I was quite pleased to hear that you were interested in a more private meeting," Kha'la admitted after watching the woman rise. During the meeting, most senators had given her expected answers. They leaned heavily into mutual benefit whilst dancing around the harsh reality of what that meant. Another war to tear this Galaxy apart, and a new conflict that would now draw in the Hapan people to die as well.

As proud warriors, the Hapans were more than willing to sacrifice themselves to protect Hapes and its people in the Consortium. But she wanted that fact to be said. She wanted the Galaxy to realize and understand what the Hapans could do, and what they were going to do if they were to get involved.

She wasn't going to sit back and do nothing.

"Of all senators, I remember your words most vividly. That said, you do have me curious," Kha'la continued while she searched for eye-contact with the other woman.

"What did you want to meet about?"

HApes1.png

AmeTemp.png

Attire: [X]
Tag: Kha'la Daaray Kha'la Daaray

Amelia felt the gaze searching for her own as the two women stood as near equals, a soft sigh slipping silently from her lips as she decided to once more face the light as it were. Both hands carefully grasped the helmet as she slipped it off only to wince as the brightness of the Hapes Cluster continued to dominate the room. The light was an annoyance, and she was careful this time to stand where the shadows were to the best of her ability to avoid another burn, though she felt that her helmet would not remain off for too long for her own comfort.

"I apologize for any confusion Queen Mother, of the titles that I bear, Senator is not among them. I serve as a Captain of the Galactic Alliance Defense Force, the best place for my experience after serving among the naval forces of the former Confederacy of Independent Systems. My presence was to provide what the Senators could not, the voice of blunt truthfulness."

She spoke directly, feeling that it was more of an insult to both of them if she were to suddenly candycoat her feelings and the issue beyond what the Senators already had. Of every in attendance though, she was surprised to see that she was apparently the only one that sought out the Queen Mother to speak further. Amelia had expected some of the Senators and Ambassadors to remain, if not to further pat themselves on the back, then to at least attempt some kind of preferential treatment for their own Systems in Trade Agreements.

"I came with an offer to assist the Hapan Royal Navy and ensure that you and yours have what they need for the coming conflict. I believe that we can assist one another in this regard and ensure that your people are well-defended from what is to come."

"Perhaps that's why I felt a connection," Kha'la stated after Amelia clarified who she was within the Alliance. Unlike the others that day, she was no senator or politician, but a military leader. "I began my education within the Hapan Royal Navy, so I've always appreciated other like-minded leaders." People with military discipline had a certain way of approaching problems that resonated with the Queen Mother.

It was a way of living and confronting hardships that few senators would truly understand. They play games and hide behind people willing to stand up for them. A captain of the Navy would do no such thing.

Amelia then made her offer to assist the Hapan Royal Navy, and Kha'la tilted her head curiously. The Hapans had a lot of military strength, but she couldn't deny the fact that her people lacked some experience. Their isolation had kept them out of the last big war, and before that, her people had lived relatively safely as well.

"I believe something can be arranged. But do you believe you can capture the respect of my Navy the same way you've caught my attention, Captain?"

HApes1.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom