Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Senate is in session. (Vincent's introduction RP)

Vincent Ventare sat in one of the large mobile platforms that made up the main body of the Senate chamber with a small grin. The recently elected Senator of Alderaan had large plans for the future and today would be the beginning of the fruition of his many years of plotting. His guards stood quietly on his flanks, armed with heavy repeating blaster rifles and cloaked in purple robes that held his family crest on their chests.

He grinned heartily as he awaited the Senate leader to call the Senate to order. Soon he would attain Alderaan's rights to a small corner of a nearby system that was vital for increasing starship production, further increasing his profits and galactic influence.

Aurelia stood at the central dais and gestured.
"Order! The Chair recognises the new Senator for Alderaan, Vincent Ventare," the speaker called.
There was a mix of cheers and boos, mainly because some people always booed.
Aurelia said nothing and watched the little dwarf. A curious type, that one.

The large platform shifted as the driver moved it to allow Vincent to address the majority of the senate.

He stood on the console to allow himself more height to be seen and spoke in a booming voice that didn't seem natural for his small stature.

"Ladies, Gentlemen, beings of the Senate, I'm speaking to finish the acquisition of a section of the Kuatian shipyards for Alderaan in the interest of creating further trading vessels to spread along the Hydian way. The good senator from Kuat has already agreed to the terms of such a deal but per regulation we're required to make such a deal known and if anyone has valid objections or a counter deal they may speak." He gestured as he spoke.

At first Aurelia said nothing, but then she spoke.
"I have read the details of this exchange, Senator Ventare. I must say I am not in favour of planetary governments purchasing shipyard capital which is not their own, since it creates a bad president of jurisdiction. However, I see no reason for this not to go through. The Senate will take a short recess to examine this proposal, and will then vote."

There was a general rustling and commotion as Senators left their boxes.

"Senator Ventare, if you would join me for a moment?" the Chancellor asked. From the central platform an elevator led down to the Chancellor's personal conference room.

Vincent sent the platform toward the Chancellor, dismissing his guards to wait for his return.

"I would be honored Chancellor." He said as waddled off of the platform and followed her onto the elevator.

In the spacious meeting room below Aurelia was standing by the window, watching the dwarf's approach in the reflection.
"Ah, Senator, so nice to see you. My congratulations on your election to being Senator for Alderaan. I have heard much about you, though less than you would expect. Quite a rising star, I've been told, if you'll forgive the phrase," she said, turning to him.

Darren Brunswick could not believe it. What made the Alderaan senator think he could so easily claim KDY shipyard? He shook his head as he shuffled his fingers nervousely onboard his floating mobile platform.Trillions of credits for that small piece of the shipyard, but no, it was not the choice of the government to do this. Still, he had to let them know of this. He pressed a special red button infront of him in his floating platform that would request that he had to make a quick announcement infront of the entire senate.

"A wise move, Senator. Politics is a dirty game, I fear."

There was a sudden beep at her console, and she went to her desk and pressed the button. "Senator Brunswick, you have my attention. Senator Ventare, stay a moment, this may relate to you."

Senator Brunswick nodded at the Chancellor of the Galactic Republic, thankful for her immiediate attention.
He glanced at Senator Ventare before speaking. "I fear that the Council of Kuat has made a last minute decision that we will not be sell the portion of the shipyard in Kuat that has been requested by Alderaan for the formerly agreed upon costs. The supreme court of Kuat has ruled that the government of Kuat has no ability to sell the requested portion of the shipyard, for it is the property of the company of Kuat Drive Yards, which is a private corporation not owned by the government. The court has ruled it unconstitutional for Kuat's government to seize private property and sell if for its own interests." he announced.

Aurelia frowned. "This is certainly the most legitimate outcome, and it means that there is no need for a vote on this procedure. Is this something you are still interested in @Vincent Ventare?"

She looked to her board again. "Contact @[member="Hanna Lissiri"] and tell her to meet me here as soon as possible," she ordered. The Vice Chancellor was necessary, after all.

Darren looked between the Chancellor and Vincent.
He just simply nodded when they spoke as he watched the Chancellor request the presence of the Vice Chancellor.
After all, there were much more that they could do in a Senate session besides talking of buying / selling shipyards.

Hanna got the page, She hadn't been far, she had been trying to convince a representive that it was a terrible idea for the senate to vote on such at thing as buying a dockyard... and that it be voted no on Principe and had won... but then it was announced it wasn't going to vote, her efforts wasted... Well she was on better terms now. She made her way to the room which housed the Chancellor. She entered the room being flanked by her whipped into shape guards. " Yes Chancellor, what is it you need of me? " She smiled, curious as to what she was needed for. She had to do some last minute talking about the vote on taxation... She needed to secure the vote of that new senator... but she supposed it wasn't meant to be. She noticed she wasn't alone with the Chancellor, that was odd, and was that the senator of Aldaraan?

"Ah, Ms Lissiri, there you are. There has been a change in plans. It seems as though the Kuati Government has blocked the sale which Senator Ventare proposed, so no vote is necessary. However, the larger issue remains, namely why Alderaan is buying shipyards?" She looked at @[member="Vincent Ventare "]carefully. "It does seem a lot of effort when Alderaan already possesses significant capacity on its own."

"Respectfully Chancellor, I believe I already stated my reason in my opening statement." Vincent said with a smile. His smile hid a touch of annoyance, people in higher positions seemed to ignore what he said with an annoying frequency.

"I heard what you said, and while it is a reason I am sure it is not the only one. However, since you are determined on that answer, so shall it be." Aurelia clearly didn't believe his 'trading vessels' spiel. She was incredibly cynical, so even if Vincent Vetare was telling the truth she'd find it hard to believe he had no ulterior motive.

"Anything further before we return to the Senate?"

"Of course I will be making vast sums of money in the process but that's all part of the game, isn't it?" He thought to himself and very nearly spoke it, though he controlled himself.

"No Chancellor." He said with a small bow.

Hanna smiled, and looked to the Chancellor, "no though the next vote is a new tax on Shipbuilding and purchases being proposed, on planetary governments. It seems that with the increase in wealth that planets are having to buy extra ships, the senate has thought it would be great to raise funds for the Republic. " She knew that the bill only really targeted Alderaan, but then again its all part of the game isn't it? She had taken initiative as she didn't like the moves the planet of Alderaan was making and neither did most of the senate, and thus this new bill would pass with ease. She smirked, knowing she had made a move against the senator and it didn't even seem that way, as she really only suggested it to the right ears. " Shall we go then?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom