Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Secrets You Keep

Mirshko Betna

Daughter of Arrbi and Anija
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Mirshko only stirred slightly when SIo picked her up, for she was truly and deeply asleep. The kind of sleep she'd not gotten in over a year. As the two women crept from the room, Mirshko turned on her side in her sleep and tucked her hands under her head. Beyond that, she didn't really know anything outside the alternate reality created within her dreams. And for the first time in months, she slept deeply. Yes, the memories or Syrvis were still there, but they didn't overtake her like some lumbering giant. They simply were. For the first time in months, she slept, and dreamed of things other than that time. Foremost among her dreams were times from her younger years when Arrbi had been teaching her how to use a blaster. She still smiled slightly when the memories floated to the forefront of her mind. And it was things like this which she saw throughout her rest. When she finally did wake almost a day later, she felt calm and relaxed.

[member="Mirshko Betna"]

And so there was a time skip. While Mirshko slept soundly and without being tormented by the demons of the past, Siobhan and Eileithya had a...stimulating night. After all, they had to do a prayer of thanksgiving to the Great Goddess Ashira. Alright, these euphemisms are probably not fooling anyone.

So it came to pass that when the little Betna finally stirred and awoke from her slumber, she'd hear a knock on the door. "Mirshko, dear, it's Siobhan. You awake?" the Countess asked before she slowly opened the door.

Mirshko Betna

The sound of the knock on her door stirred Mirshko slightly, and she rolled over with a soft groan of protest. Light was now streaming through the window, and she groaned again and pulled the blankets over her head. Though, as much as she wanted to stay in the nice warm bed, she had to admit that she felt better. More rested than she had in months, that was for certain. With a mutered curse, she sat up and brushed a few errant strands of hair from her face as she heard Sio call her name. "Lek... I'm awake... kind of...." she called out, hoping it was loud enough for Sio to hear through the door. She hoped the Priestess would at least be around long enough for her to thank. But... she wasn't exactly sure how to do so. or what would be acceptable in such a situation. For now though, she shrugged slightly and slid out of bed. She then made her way towards the closet to pick something else to wear for the day.

[member="Mirshko Betna"]

The door opened and Siobhan crossed the threshold, stepping into the room with a slight limp. The noblewoman was wearing a dark-coloured satin kimono robe and looked cheerful, though a bit tired. She so wasn't a morning person. Her firemane fell down past her shoulders and looked a bit unruly. Much like its owner, when you thought about it. "Hey there, sweetie. All up and about again. Did you sleep well?" she asked, walking over to Mirshko to give the young Betna a hug.

Mirshko Betna

It took a moment for Sio's question to sink into Mirshko's sleep-fogged brain, but after a few seconds, she nodded in response to the question. "Yeah.... better than I have in quite a while, actually." Her tone was laced with surprise and a hint of sleep still, but she smiled up at Sio. "I am very grateful for what you and the Priestess have both done to help me..." She reached out to grip Sio's hand firmly as the older woman wrapped her in a hug. In all honesty, she'd slept soundly for the first time in months. She'd almost forgotten what the was like, so it was rather welcome.

[member="Mirshko Betna"]

"Very glad to hear it's helped you, sweetie," Siobhan said happily, giving the girl a smile. For someone so young, Mirshko had a strong grip! Clearly she had good genes. The Countess held the smaller girl against her body, stroking her back before slowly withdrawing.

"Well, breakfast is gonna be ready soon, but you got time to freshen up. Eileithya's waiting for us downstairs, angel." She figured the young Betna would want to thank the Eldorai Priestess.

Mirshko Betna

Oh, she definitely wanted to thank the Priestess for what she'd done to help her. Mirshko didn't even want to think about how long she would have had the nightmares otherwise. At the thought, she sighed softly. The dissembling had helped to a degree, but even that had only done so much. She hoped over time she'd be able to master the techniques which the priestess had imparted to her. It was a strange way to pass knowledge, as Mirshko was used to being taught by doing something, or by having it explained. So this was definitely something new for her!

She held the embrace for a moment, at least until she felt Sio s;lowly release it. "Breakfast sounds good. I'm actually quite hungry, now that I think about it..." she said thoughtfully as she heard her stomach rumble in agreement. She gripped Sio's hand for a moment before she turned back to the closet. It took a few moments for her to decide, but she selected a simple dress in a deep turquoise color. Nothing overly fancy, but one which allowed for plenty of movement should the need arise.

[member="Mirshko Betna"]

Siobhan smiled brightly. "Excellent. We wouldn't all the food to go to waste and you're a growing girl." Well, any leftovers would be eaten by the servants or Grrbyrr. Depending on who got there first. You did not get between a Jester and food.

Regardless, Siobhan stepped out of the room and gave Mirshko time to change, until the young Betna had settled on an outfit. She looked approvingly when she saw Mirshko in the turquoise dress. Nothing ostentatious or unduly fancy, but with plenty of flexibility and a simple elegance. "Looks good on you, sweetie. The colour suits you," Siobhan commented, then took the little girl's hand and guided her down the stairs.

Downstairs in the dining room servant girls had prepared breakfast. Eileithya was seated at the table and had apparently already helped herself. After all, Eldorai had a high metabolism! "Ah, Mirshko, up and about again? Did you sleep well, dear?" she spoke, after having swallowed the piece of bread she'd been nibbling on since eating with full mouth was uncouth.

Mirshko Betna

An ever so light blush colored Mirshko's cheeks at the compliment, and she smiled up at Sio before hugging the older woman firmly. Sure, her parents paid her compliments all the time. But with Sio, it was a bit different. Especially given what Mirshko had been through. After a moment, she released her hold as she sensed Sio become slightly uncomfortable. Most likely due to injuries of some kind. She mumbled an apology and slowly let go.

When they'd made their way back downstairs, Mirshko couldn't help the grin that spread across her face at the sight of the Priestess. Just the person she was hoping would still be around. A moment to compose herself slightly, and she nodded firmly. "I did... better than I think I have in almost a year and a half..." she replied, her voice quiet, yet firm. "And, I wanted to thank you for your help on that. I'd tried everything I could think of."

[member="Mirshko Betna"]

And so the scene was so sweet that it would probably make syrup taste sour in comparison. For her part Eileithya looked a little bit embarrased and a pink hue spread across her pale cheeks. At least she hadn't gone lobster red because in her opinion that colour so didn't fit her!

"It's nothing to thank, my dear. Just doing my duty, but I'm glad I could help you. The bad dreams shouldn't return, but if they do, Siobhan has my number," she said sweetly, gently patting Mirshko on the shoulder. "Remember, past mistakes don't define us. Unless we let them."

"What Eileithya said," Siobhan chimed in and sat down at the table, gesturing to Mirshko to do the same. She leaned forward and gave Eileithya kiss, though in deference to the fact that there was a kid around it was rather chaste, then helped herself to her breakfast. "Eat, Mirshko. You're a growing girl and need your strength," she said in her most motherly tone, having slipped into her Auntie Sio persona. "So, Mirshko, dear, is there anything you wanna do today?"

Mirshko Betna

Well, there was quite a bit of food, and in all honesty, Mirshko felt... positively..famished. Though she couldn't understand what. WIih a shrug, she sat down across from Sio and the Priestess, and helped herself to some food. a bit of everything. As Sio had said, she was a growing girl. And, she felt more hungry than she had in a while. As if she'd been running a marathon. And maybe she had. There were lots of the foods she was used to for breakfast, and there were also some she wasn't. Of those, she took only a little - to try them out.

She caught the kiss out of the corner of her eye, and found herself becoming interested more in her food for a moment. She didn't fully understand adult relationships yet - at least outside her parents, and it made her slightly uncomfortable. But, she didn't let it bother her too much. Questions for another time, perhaps. At Sio's question, Mirshko Looked up, not realizing she'd paused with the fork halfway to her mouth. When she did, she set it down carefully. And then she thought about it. "I'd like to do a bit of sightseeing. I've never been here. And maybe some ice cream later?"

[member="Mirshko Betna"]

Siobhan was rather lacking in modesty and not shy at all when it came to PDAs, but she'd toned it down a bit for the kid's sake! "Sounds like a plan, dear. I can show you New Santaissa. It's a lovely city. We can go visit the ziggurat! Make sure you dress warm. The snow's melting, but it's still a bit chilly outside."

Eileithya looked a bit amused. "Have fun you two. Siobhan, don't raid Ashira's Mall. Mirshko, don't eat too much ice cream. Your stomach won't like it." She gave the young Betna a fond pat on the head and then arose.

Mirshko Betna

Slowly, Mirshko finished her breakfast. The food was good and she knew that if she ate too fast she'd make her stomach hurt. So, she continued eating and let the two adults talk while she listened. When Sio mentioned visiting New Santaissa, Mirshko perked up with interest. It sounded fascinating. She always loved exploring new places. "Yes, I'd like that very much!" she replied enthusiastically, as she set her fork aside. At the Priestess' words, Mirshko blushed ever so slightly. "May I be excused so I can go grab a warm coat?" She waited a moment until Sio nodded, and then almost dashed from the room in her excitement.

[member="Mirshko Betna"]

"Of course, sweetie! Meet me outside on the landing pad. We'll take the speeder," Siobhan called after Mirsho when the young Betna dashed out of the room. The Countess had a slightly silly grin on her face. The young girl's enthusiasm seemed to be contagious.

"She's very sweet," Eileithya said happily. "And I believe she'll have you wrapped around her little finger soon. Don't spoil her too much!" It seemed it was Siobhan Trolling Hour again. It was a popular activity for almost every inhabitant of the Kerrigan-Alcori household.

Siobhan pouted girlishly. "I don't spoil my kids at all!" she insisted, sounding a tad indignant, though it was mostly feigned. Eileithya just gave her a knowing look and barely suppressed the edge to burst into laughter. "I don't. Well...maybe a little bit."

"There, sweetie, it's not a bad thing. You're good with children. Anyhow, as fun as your company is, I'm afraid duty calls. Otherwise my flock will miss me." Siobhan nodded understandingly and pulled the Priestess into a hug.

"Thanks for your help, Eileithya. If you need anything..."

However, Eileithya cut her off by silencing Siobhan with a kiss. That was usually a good way to do it. "Think nothing of it, dear. I wish you both a good day. May Ashira's light guide you." Thusly the Priestess departed and Siobhan, after accompanying her friend to the door, got dressed. Mirshko would find her outside of the villa on landing platform, wearing a thick and rather stylish fur coat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom