Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG The Saga of the Purple Lotus and the Light Hand

Azar Kortun

A
Hello everyone! How are you all? Surviving Tython, I hope? Or have resurrect spells prepared, at least? ;)

You probably don't know Azar here, at least not much, but you're probably familiar, or at least seen, my main- Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun . Azar here is Tiland's Evil Uncle (In the Hamlet sense) who runs the Anzati clan and the assassination guild that Tiland was raised in. Basically, Azar murdered his brother (Tiland's father) to seize control of the guild, in both true Anzati and true Sith fashion, and attempted to make Tiland his enforcer, but not heir. Tiland refused and fled, eventually joining the Jedi and becoming the tea-loving martial arts monk so many of you seem to like.

Azar's greatest failure is Tiland and now Azar is getting old and the madness of the ancients is beginning to prey upon his mind. Before the compulsion to eat overwhelms or he is killed by a Jedi, Azar's last goal is to restore the guild and clan's honor and destroy their (perceived rival), the Circle of the Light Hand. That takes money and resources to hunt them down. To do that, Azar is more-or-less allied with the Hutt Space Consortium (compared to the Light Hand's part of the Rimward Trade League).

I think this would be a really neat sort of story arc to work with several groups of people on both sides. This is not a formal, officially endorsed storyline as part of either faction, per se. Nor will there be any armies, any fleets, anything official. Think of it like a Wuxia film or a samurai or western. Rival families and rival schools fight it out because of feuds, grudges, and to prove the superiority of their own school. Think back alley hand to hand fights, training montages, philosophy, honor duels and attempted murders, especially if we can turn it into a member-driven thing as individual characters grow and develop their own rivalries and partnerships.

And I'll be honest, I adore story mechanics, so that is something we could work on if people wanted, especially the Purple Lotus, for like promotions, first choice of prey contracts (Since they do eat their victims' "soup" after all), maybe something like mafia ranks. The Light Hand is structured very similar to the Jedi, so that could add a different dynamic as well, if people want to move up the ranks there too.

More info:
Circle of the Light Hand- https://www.starwarsrp.net/factions/circle-of-the-light-hand.44/ (Yes, I will get the art fixed eventually)
Guild of the Purple Lotus- https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/guild-of-the-purple-lotus.163152/

Azar Kortun

A
I think I'd be amiss to not show interest in this.
That is very fair, yeah! It would be a little awkward ;)

This is an interesting idea. I shall send my contact information to both sides to maximize job opportunities.
I don’t think Tiland or Azar would be hiring mercenaries in what’s essentially a feud of honor. But good to know though!

Azar Kortun This sounds fantastic. Either for playing an opposition like my Baran Do sage, or one of my Jensaarai characters. Or in joining with Laila Laila or Krae Krae .

Unless this is an exclusive anzati thing...though...technically speaking, Laila could just make herself anzati.
Cool! That’s good to know! The Guild is mostly just Anzati, but the Light Hand isn’t! They’re open to anyone!

Mercenary? I can do much more. Espionage, intelligence, bodyguard work, the like. I even have a ship now for a third party neutral zone.

Azar Kortun

Thinking on it, it's also plausible Krae could do it on accident lol. His shapeshifting his been dialed up to 11 essentially.

Guess it depends what you think might work best. Laila could be a fun one just cause right now she doesn't have much of a path to go down, and with the ability to perhaps make herself into a sort of hybrid of Vran and Anzat, it could certainly result in an interesting story. She already has some skills that would make assassination much easier such as familiar's, strong tk, and illussions. And she would probably not have huge qualms about killing others.

Although, an option that's already closer might be Sab'Gisa. Like the Anzat he eats people to strengthen his power in the force. However, he also looks like a kowakian monkey lizard. And likely would not abandon his life as a pirate in order to work with them, though he'd definitely explore it in order to strengthen himself if given the chance.

(Both these probably need a little bit of an update due to stuff over time)

While I don't think I currently have anyone who'd outright join the Light Hand. Xos Drikre could be fun to interact with them as he's already extremely similar to what they believe in and I planned to have him leave being the master of the order and just start roaming to follow the force anyway. He's prone to being extremely non aggressive, maybe even when he should be. Plus while he can use the saberstaff he's mostly trained in martial arts and HEAVILY uses the force in place of any physical abilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom