Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Rystan Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

e5d192c6ec89a61d482af1a39e4dd143.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Gemstone
  • Weight: Light
  • Color: The crystal appears bronze in colour.
  • Resistances:
    • Energy: Average
    • Kinetic: Average
    • Lightsabers: High
    • Force: Very High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Resistance Catalyst: Channelling the Force through this artefact strengthens the wielder's Force resistance, shielding their vigour, mind, and Force connection from Dark-side manipulation.
STRENGTHS
  • Resilience:A Light-side Force wielder can use this artefact as a catalyst to better protect themselves against Force and life draining techniques of the Dark Side.
    • Magick Protection: The artefact may be used to defend against Nightsister magick techniques relying on similar aspects of the Dark sides, such as possession-techniques.
  • Mental Defence: As using the crystal heightens one's Force resistance, the wielder's mind becomes significantly more difficult to influence.
  • On Me: A sufficiently powerful Force-user, typically of Master-level, may be able to share their heightened resistance with nearby individuals.
WEAKNESSES
  • Channelling: Utilizing this artefact requires a Force-user to channel the Force through it. When taken by surprise, an unsuspecting Force user may therefore still be vulnerable to draining techniques.
  • Beacon: When utilized the artefact acts like a beacon, making the use of stealth-techniques nigh-impossible.
  • Crystal: Despite its power, the artefact is still just a crystal, and can be destroyed like any other crystal or mineral could.
  • Force Nullification: In environments where the Force is suppressed, the artefact is diminished to a normal gemstone. This means that for the duration of the Force nullification, the artefact cannot aid the wielder against Force or life draining techniques.
DESCRIPTION
In an era long before the High Republic, when Jedi and Sith still openly waged war, an unknown Barsen'thor of the Jedi Order sought a measure to protect the galaxy against some of the most dangerous abilities the Dark side had to offer. Specifically, the abilities that could drain the Force or even the life of their victims. His studies led him to the water of Kyber, which he imbued with the Light-side of the Force. This resulted in the formation of a crystal that strengthened the wielder's innate resistance to Dark-side manipulation. But before he could pass on his knowledge, he perished during a mission to Rystan.

Millennia after his passing, Jedi Master Sakadi Sinvala stumbled upon his notes in pursuit of the knowledge to stop Sith Lord and wound in the Force Darth Insatious. In 874 ABY, she led an expedition to Rystan, where they uncovered the Barsen'thor's life work.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala

This is a very interesting crystal submission.
  • First, this is a material submission, so please add this to your submission:
    PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS
    • Classification: (Ore, Alloy, Rock, Metal, Mineral, Compound, Gemstone, Element, Textile, Gas, Fuel, Liquid )
    • Weight: (Please choose a weight between Extremely Heavy, Very Heavy, Heavy, Average, Light, Very Light, Weightless.)
    • Color: (Does it have a specific color?)
    • Resistances: (If this submission has specific resistances, please list them. For each category choose from: None, Very Low, Low, Average, High, Very High, and Extreme. Ratings of High, Very High, and Extreme will need to be added as strengths with elaboration.)
      • Energy (And other Blaster type weapons): How much protection does the material provide against this type of damage?
      • Kinetic: How much protection does the material provide against this type of damage?
      • Lightsabers: How much protection does the material provide against this type of damage?
      • Other: How much protection does the material provide against other types of damage? (Examples: Sonic, EMP/ION, Elemental. You must disclose each specific type that applies to this submission with its own rating.)
  • I understand well and the crystal itself is the vergence? Or the vergence was just the process' byproduct on that place where Sakadi found the crystal?
  • And because it gives you abilities, please add to the weakness list what happen with the crystal during Force Nullification/Force suppression effects.

HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala

Thank you! In this case, I cannot accept the submission, because if you waant to create a Vergence/Nexus, it is a Codex submission, not a Factory. And you cannot create new Force Abilities, and if you say it is similar to that, this means you want to create a new Force-ability. Best way to counter draining effects was to either create a loop by using your own drain or using a force technique to shield and protect. In terms of examples look at the game mechanics for the jedi knight/outcast/academy where you could use protection (lightside) to break draining stuns.

I can suggest to check my Light Side crystal submission how this is looks like, and maybe this can help you to edit the submission.

MANIAC MANIAC thanks for the advice! I've removed the part on the vergence, and I've changed the crystal's main purpose. Now, it strengthens Force resistance to defend against draining abilities, instead of introducing a new technique. Please let me know if this is explained clear enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom