Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ruder You Are, The Luckier You Are? That Works?! (Rima)

Rima was halfway to the exit when Celty called out for her. She turned around, slightly surprised that he actually said anything. She laughed when he asked to come with her, putting a hand on her hip.​
"I don't think so, Celts. You probably wouldn't enjoy my job. Or how I live now, for that matter. Besides, a swoop-racer's gotta swoop."
Now that she thought about it, it wouldn't be terrible to have company. She'd been solo for a long time. And besides, she hadn't gotten to spend time with Celty in seven years. But... He wouldn't like her being a Bounty Hunter. Especially if he ever found out that she'd killed people before. It would be better for the both of them if they just stayed in contact from afar for a while.​
[member="Celty Ikon"]​

Celty Ikon

Hammer-loving Scarf Pirate
Celty rolled his eyes at Rima. She didn't seem to understand that his work was illegal, and that there were... reasons that she'd been hired to hunt him down in the first place. He strapped his hammer on his back and walked the bike out of the garage, smirking at her in what probably looked like a sarcastic way before he replied, "Oh, well then... I guess with all the illegal stuff I already do, and with a certain person sending people to kill me, being a bounty hunter is too dangerous."

He took a quick inventory. He had a good bit of cash on him, he had his hammer, and he had his bike. All the important stuff. If he managed to get into his bank account anytime soon, he would be more than able to buy himself new clothes, too. His mind was already made up. He shook his head and sighed, a little bit saddened by the reminder of his being a swoop jockey at heart, "Look, I'm basically a glorified bookie. I barely get to ride my bike in races, and well... I'd honestly rather kill people than sit on my ass and grope through betting pools."

[member="Rima Filenko"]

"Killing people right off the bat isn't how I do things. I bring them in alive as much as I can. Killing is a last resort. Got it?!"
Rima looked suddenly a bit angry. She didn't enjoy killing anyone, and she never would. If he thought they were just going to gun down everyone they were sent after, he had another thing coming.​
She crossed her arms and looked him up and down.​
"And anyway, swinging a big hammer around in a fancy way is cool and all, but how do I know you can keep up with me while you're hauling that thing around?"
[member="Celty Ikon"]

Celty Ikon

And she was yelling at him. Of course. He usually said something wrong, and this was just another case of the same. He leaned on the bike and shot back angrily, "Well, whatever. The guy who sent you intends to kill me and take my money. So, you would've just passed the buck. And gotten me killed, anyway. Not like anybody cares enough to pay a ransom or break me out of his tower, or anything."

And now she was questioning whether he could keep up? With her? Of course he could. He took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and thought of slowing down the air around him. He Force Sped from his spot next to the bike, to behind Rima, and whispered, "If that's not fast enough, you have some unrealistic expectations of people." And then he felt glad he was behind her, because he blushed as he realized how close he was and stepped back.

[member="Rima Filenko"]

The initial surprise of Celty being so fast quickly faded as Rima whipped around, intending to slap him. Her extremely long back-braid almost did the work for her. How was he that fast? NO ONE'S THAT FAST!​
[member="Celty Ikon"]​

Celty Ikon

Celty couldn't figure out what he'd done, this time... Rima was looking at him like some kind of animal about to attack him. A really violent, angry, attractive- He decided to stop thinking along that line... Just in time to be hit on his blind side. As he rubbed his cheek shrugged at her, slightly confused, and asked, "What're you looking at me like that for? You asked me if I was fast enough, and well... I am."

[member="Rima Filenko"]

((OOC: She was trying to slap you as she turned around :p. Did she hit you, miss, or did you catch her wrist before she could touch you?))​
[member="Celty Ikon"]​

Rima crossed her arms, still a little annoyed but feeling better after slapping Celty. It's been a long time since she'd done that. Her hand almost forgot what his cheek felt like.​
"Yeah well....... It's not right! How in the kark did you do that?"
[member="Celty Ikon"]

Celty Ikon

Celty blinked at her, still not understanding what he'd done. He scratched his head, and when he spoke, he ended up talking pretty slowly, "I just... Used the Force... Like I did all the time when we were kids... I don't get why you felt like you had to slap me...?"

Her hand felt surprisingly soft, considering that her job was to basically hold a gun. He'd forgotten what being slapped by a girl felt like... And, well... It was okay. Rima was... okay.

[member="Rima Filenko"]

Rima blinked a few times. Wait... He did that when they were kids too?! How could she forget that? The more she thought about it, the more she remembered Celty doing awesome things like running up a tree and flipping off of it without dying, or holding out his hand and making a pebble hit Orlis Dean in the back of the head while they sat in the bushes giggling. She always thought it was... magic. Maybe that's why she started spending so much time with him to begin with.​
"H-how was I supposed to know it was the Force? I don't know crap about the Force!"
She replied. It was odd, but thinking about it made her blush a little bit.​
[member="Celty Ikon"]​

Celty Ikon

Celty smiled as he remembered when he'd realized he could use the Force. After that, most of his practice had simply been done for the purpose of showing off for Rima... Or teasing her. The thought made him smile a little bit. She'd found him again, and he was teasing her again. He felt like a weight had abruptly dropped off his shoulders. And then a not-so-nice thought came to mind, "Hey... Filly... If I'm right about who sent you to get me... He probably thought you were gonna die trying. I- I think that makes me angrier than him sending you in the first place."

He blushed for a moment, and then a sort of dark expression came into his eyes, "That sort of makes me want to beat him into a pulp. He sent you to die. He probably knows perfectly well that I can use the Force... And that you didn't know that," He whispered softly, "He meant for me to hurt you. I don't wanna let you get hurt."

[member="Rima Filenko"]

Rima thought about that for a moment. If her employer had truly sent her to her death, then she would be dead right now, wouldn't she? No. He must of known she wouldn't be able to kill Celty.... Wait a minute! Was Hammerhead saying that she was incapable of even WOUNDING him??? Her thoughtful expression turned to frustration.​
"Oh, so now I'm some poor, defenseless little flower just because you have an advantage? You know, I didn't just get this job on a whim. I worked for it! There's a reason people started calling me Gun Wonder!"
[member="Celty Ikon"]

Celty Ikon

Celty filed the name 'Gun Wonder' away for another argument where it would be more relevant. He closed his eyes, mentally counted to three, and his hands came up to grab Rima's shoulders. Possibly a little less gently than he would've liked, but he had to get the point across. His voice was very low, and a little bit more threatening than normal as he replied, "Look, you probably would've wounded me pretty badly... He knew that whoever he was going to send was going to die if they tried to capture me. That makes me angry on its own. But..."

He felt himself tear up a little, and he took a hand from her shoulders to cover his eyes, "The fact that it was you who'd have gotten hurt makes it worse, okay? Honestly, nobody on this rock would give a damn if you'd killed me there, and that frakking bastard you got stuck working for would just have sent somebody else to get me."

[member="Rima Filenko"]

For a second there, Rima was almost.... scared. She'd never seen Celty act quite like this before. It felt like he was genuinely worried about her. It made her almost uncomfortable. She thought... she was the only one that ever actually worried about him. But he was worrying about her? It was difficult to process. And was he crying just now?​
Rima gently removed Celty's hand from her shoulder.​
"Well, I'm not going to kill you. Or capture you either. So it looks like we're both off the hook..."
[member="Celty Ikon"]

Celty Ikon

Celty looked at the ground and sighed heavily. He supposed he'd gotten the point across, but what was he going to do about the Earl? If any of his other people saw Rima with him, she'd be targeted, too. But he felt like he was overthinking it now. He was giving himself a headache over nothing. Simple plan was simple: Smash anything that attacked him or Rima into a fine powder. Finally, he looked at her and smiled a little bit, "Yeah, you're right... No use worrying about it. Maybe this'll be fun. Running around planets like we used to run around on our streets back home."

He was seriously glad that Rima couldn't hear his thoughts, because they were now mostly along the lines of Oh, damn, I missed you so much I don't want to do anything but stand here and talk to you.

[member="Rima Filenko"]

((OOC: Oh! I thought it was your turn to post.... *facepalms*))​
Rima shrugged. Running around on Zeltros had been fun. Except for how Celty was always ending up ahead of her.​
"Yeah. Well, how about this time you actually let me catch up to you instead of leaving me to eat your dust?"
She replied, returning his smile.​
[member="Celty Ikon"]​

Celty Ikon

(( No problem. You were tired and I was bugging you. At least your TS is working now, for whatever that's worth :p ))

Celty's smile curled into a bit of a smirk as he stepped past Rima towards his bike and opened one of the bags strapped onto it. He replied, "It's no fun if you automatically assume I'm gonna go full speed against you." He stuck his tongue out, looked down at his bloodstained shirt, and groaned.

He needed to put something less... sticky on. He'd be pulling on the shirt the entire bike ride, otherwise. So, he took off his shirt and finished, "Don't mind me. Gotta find something not covered in blood."

[member="Rima Filenko"]

Rima shook her head, grinning. She hadn't noticed the blood on Celty's shirt. She hadn't even paid attention to his clothes, save for the scarf. However, when he started removing said clothes, she was suddenly reassured that she wasn't blind. She quickly planted her eyes on the floor, holding up a hand to block her peripheral vision from Celty's naked (and oddly stimulating) chest.​
"Gah-buh-uuuh....... S-so where'd the blood come from, anyway? Is swoop racing here really that brutal?"
[member="Celty Ikon"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom