Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Road to Dawn (Part IV)

5IxGWA3.jpg
Castle Ne'tra - Catacombs
Long ago, before Castle Ne'tra was erected, there once was a Sith Temple which stood proudly in the midst of the surrounding forest. For many years, it was a hub of education in the Dark Side of the Force until its eventual destruction at the hands of the Jedi Order. However, despite the thorough eradication that the warriors of light brought down upon the Temple, there were still many secrets to be found within. These secrets, to this day, remain; even after Castle Ne'tra's construction atop its very ruins. It was within the lower-most level of the citadel that the Mandalorian known as Isley Verd had ventured to this day, with the intention of imparting to his apprentice additional knowledge from the vast sums he knew. This day, her education would revolve around lightsaber combat; and Isley had chosen the lowermost levels of the Castle specifically for that purpose...

As there was nothing there save catacombs, covered in dust and reeking of death.

The Dark Side of the Force was present in this space and Isley could not think of a better place to impart to Siqa knowledge of the lightsaber form he had in mind. She would need to call upon the negativity locked within her in order to master this form and to employ it against her enemies with ruthlessness. And so, the beskar-clad warrior waited; standing with his arms folded across his chestplate. Patience was not a virtue that he possessed, and as such his foot tapped upon the ancient stones as he waited for the arrival of his favored protege. For this occassion, the Mandalorian had seen fit to secure himself a pair of training lightsabers...for the ferocity of Juyo would most likely result in the scoring of blows, and Isley had no intention of killing his apprentice...

Or being killed.

@[member="Siqa"].

Siqa

Pureblood don't mean a thing to me anymore.
I'd gotten the message from Master Verd to come down to the catacombs, though I was less than enthusiastic about it. Being trained in the ways of the Sith in order for me to use them for good was a tough thing to swallow but I needed to become strong enough for whatever would come at me in the future. As such I knew it wouldn't be long before I was practically a knight using Sith powers. But I would prove to them that darkness could be used for good, no matter how badly people saw it as a means for evil. All for a good cause, that's all I kept thinking to myself whenever the idea of this all being a bad idea would creep in. When I came down to the catacombs I found my master waiting for me. I had only brought my lightsabers, the one I had since I was a Sith and the new one I'd forged with him only a week ago.

@[member="Darth Metus"]

"Good, you're here." came the low tone of the Mandalorian as he turned to face his apprentice. From behind his visor, the male wore a smile; one born of sheer pride. Over the course of their relationship, he had seen the woman grow in the Force significantly. Though she wielded the powers of the Dark Side, she was adopting the Mandalorian principle, slowly but surely, that applied to the Force as a whole: "the Force is but a tool." To say the very least, Isley was proud of her, for she had come a long way; and now her journey as an Aspirant was quickly coming to its conclusion. Once the words had escaped his lips, he reached for one of the two training sabers that he had brought with him and tossed it to her, before wrapping the fingers of his swordhand about the hilt of the other.

Holding his at the ready, he ignited its blade, causing a blue beam of plasma to erupt into being. "Today, I shall be instructing you in what has become known as the Ferocity form. Before I begin, I want you to enter that dark place in your mind, as if you were preparing to cast a Spell. Draw upon the Darkness, utilize your emotions as fuel...and when you are ready, ignite your blade."

@[member="Siqa"].

Siqa

I was taken back a bit when he activated his, reminding me of the training I had with the Sith. One thing they excelled at was when they would give a "surprise" lesson that would lead to fighting right as I was about to fall asleep. When he gave his instructions I nodded, pulling my saber out in the process. I used my older one for the sake of not wanting to damage the newer one if it would come to it. I began peeling back to find the dark space he'd told me to find. Somewhere deep in my thoughts were the darkness was kept. Poetic as it sounds it wasn't hard finding some of the more grueling moments of my life that tended to irk me enough whenever they came up. When I found enough of what I needed I activated my red blade and nodded that I was ready.

@[member="Darth Metus"]

"Juyo is all about aggression, first and foremost. Through it, you will easily be able to overpower opponents. However, this comes at the risk of being open to tactics born of the Force, or numerous opponents. Be ever-mindful whilst utilizing this form, understand? Now then, I am going to attack you. Do your best to mimic me." With these instructions still fresh from his lips, the Mandalorian rushed forward, raising his saber up and then bringing it down with tremendous force. He was much akin to an avalanche, falling down upon the blade of his apprentice. Isley was not aiming for any vital portions of her body, for this was training. Instead, his focus was upon launching strikes that she could defend against...if she put her back into it.

@[member="Siqa"].

Siqa

I nodded when ready again as I took a defensive stance. Then Master Verd rushed at me and gave a heavy blow that made me buckle. I didn't know he was that strong but then again he was probably putting so much force int the attack I should've seen it coming. The next few he gave I was lucky I could hold a well as I did before. If he did it enough times I would think my arms would break from the pressure. When he was done I followed suite and did the same, trying to put as much force into my attacks as he did with his.

@[member="Darth Metus"]

"Is that all you've got?!" he roared, attempting to bait more ferocity out of her. She was doing quite well with her counter attack, but she needed much more fire in her movements. She needed to truly wield her anger, to let it consume her actions; but not descend into the realm of recklessness. He deflected and parried her offensive movements with his own defensive stance before launching a powerful counterattack. The blow was wide and strong, poised to set her offbalance and stumbling; 'twas a horizontal slash launched with a phenomenal sum of strength backing it. "I've trained you better than this! Hit me with everything!"

@[member="Siqa"].

Siqa

I was a bit put off by how he was taking my attacks better than I did with his. Then he used that powerful side swipe on me which I was lucky to block, only for it's force to knock me on my side. I quickly flipped over to get back to my feet before I came at him again, trying to put more into it. I tried not to think of it as me attacking my master but more fighting against some Sith who I'd met long ago. Some piss-ant who'd managed to tick me off more than once when we were training together. That put a little more edged into me as I attacked.

@[member="Darth Metus"]

And there it was: the ferocity that the Mandalorian knew was within his apprentice. Now she was beginning to access the passion that was required of Juyo. Now her mimicked movements were beginning to carry the full, ferocious power of the Form. A smirk formed upon his lips as he retreated back a few steps, parrying and deflecting his apprentice's powerful flurry of dancing blows. She was quick, she was strong; and Isley was impressed. However, there was still immense room for improvement. As such, he suddenly clashed blades with her in a mighty swing and shoved hard, attempting to overpower her. Closer and closer, her lightsaber blade moved; shoved by her Master, and if she did not push back she would be burned.

"Perhaps I was wrong about you," he growled, continuing his attempt to enrage her, "perhaps you are weak and not strong. Prove me wrong!"

@[member="Siqa"].

Siqa

Now he was just pushing buttons. And I hated when people pushed my buttons. Especially before buying me a drink first. I waited until I got the right foot as he pushed back before I pushed myself, putting enough into it to send him back. Once he was I began doing what I had done before, mimicking the attacks he used on me while trying to deliver them with an equal if not stronger force into them. I remembered all the times I would work out my body in order to get this kind of strength and the methods used for having the force act as a power boost. All I needed to help.

@[member="Darth Metus"]

A cold smile appeared upon the Mandalorian's lips...She was keeping up and pushing back! Her form needed work, of this there was no doubt; but she got the knack of the ferocity that was required of Juyo. "You're a quick learner, my apprentice." he growled before parrying her blow and reaching out with his offhand. He then launched a wall of telekinetic force in her direction. It was not enough to harm her physically, but as a means of creating space it was perfect. Then, Isley decided to test all that she had learned thus far; a final examination of sorts. The Mandalorian reached out once more, grabbing a collection of bones and stones from the ground and hurled them in her direction through the Force.

"Come. Utilize your blade and the Force. Show me everything you've learned."

@[member="Siqa"].

Siqa

The hit of mental waves he sent at me gave me a good headache for a moment. It felt like an entire night of corellian ale all in an instant. I held my head for a moment before it wore off then he chucked the bones and rocks at me. I only had so much time to act and I needed to. Instead of jumping away or backing down I waited until they were close enough to the point of spinning my blade to slice all of them into pieces. I stood there and waited to hear what he had to say about it after I stopped spinning my blade like a staff in one hand.

@[member="Darth Metus"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom