Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Risks One Takes

Dromund Kaas was the most dark and depressing world Rasu had ever visited. Not only did it look gloomy and disheartening from orbit, but once on the surface, these somber emotions seemed to double in influence, filling the Shi'ido Knight with hopelessness as soon as she got off the Imperial shuttle. "I've got the feeling that this is going to be quite an interesting trip." she said softly so that only the man standing next to her, her old Master, Marek S'hadar, could hear. It was essential that no one on this world realised that the pair that had just exited the shuttle were in fact two Jedi Knights.

Being on the capital world of the Sith Empire was a death sentence in itself, no better than allowing the Sith to take one's lightsaber and letting them decapitating you, but their mission was of the utmost importance. Senator Bashu, a close friend of the Jedi Order and the Chancellor himself, had caught word that a few influential military leaders of the Republic were considering defecting to the Sith Empire. They had arranged a meeting with the Sith to negotiate their safety and rank in the Empire should they choose to switch sides and bring their information on the Republic with them. The High Council had acted swiftly, sending the two Knights to the Capital world to determine whether this information was accurate, and thus here they were, on Dromund Kaas itself. The Knights had learned that two ambassador's, a human couple, from the Empire's allies, the Confederacy, would also be attending this meeting and that this was in fact their first political duty. This meant that their identities were still not known to the Sith, making them a suitable disguise if the pair were to land on the Sith infested planet. Making use of this opportunity, the Jedi had slipped aboard the shuttle during a refueling stop and had commandeered the craft, ditching the crew and it's passengers on a backwater planet in Mandalorian space. Now donning the persona of Annabei Shion with Marek becoming her husband, Gantor, the newly formed couple hopped into a taxi and were suddenly whisked off towards the capital, Kaas City.

The meeting between the military leaders, wasn't due till the next day, so the ambassador's had set up accommodation at a hotel in the dark, stormy city. Departing the taxi, Rasu tilted her head around to take a look at the massive structures surrounding her. She took only a moment to gaze at the city before following Marek inside, while a Twi'lek slave took their luggage in behind them. Rasu suddenly felt sympathy for the enslaved being, she knew that slavery was a common sight in Sith space, but it didn't prepare her for the vast amount of beings that were suppressed on the planet. Trying her best to ignore the Twi'lek, the pair were suddenly met by a tall, hooked-nosed human, who greeted the two Jedi.

"Ah Mr and Mrs Shion, am I correct?" he asked, his voice emanating the high-class accent that was common of those living in the Capital city. Instead of speaking, Rasu gave the man a short nod before he spoke again. "Well then if you'll kindly follow me, I'll show you to your room." Shadowing the man, the two Jedi followed him into a turbo-lift which took them up a number of levels before stopping on one of higher levels. They continued to follow the man, until he stopped at a door, which he opened with a key card, before presenting it to Marek. "If there is anything I can do for you during your stay, feel free to ask." The man said as he disappeared down the hall.

"Well that went a lot better than I thought." she said as she made her way into the first room. The suite was pretty standard, containing a refresher, kitchen and bedroom with a substantial wardrobe, however the Shi'ido Knight was amazed at the sheer size, something she was not used to as a Jedi. However her eyes fell on the single bed in the room, noticing that their were no other mattresses or couches in the suite. Oh this will be a bit different, she thought. It wasn't that she didn't feel comfortable around her Master, the pair had been on quite a few missions together so that wasn't the fact that worried her. Rasu had developed some level of affection for her old Master, however it had only become apparent to her after her promotion. The Shi'ido just wasn't sure of what to expect of the human now that their relationship wasn't teacher and student, they were both equals which still felt pretty strange for the Knight. Dismissing the thought, Rasu sat on the bed and waited for Marek to finish his own survey of the suite.

@[member="Marek S'hadar"]

Karking Dromund Kaas, it had just had to be here that the senators ran. The city was riddled with nostalgia from Marek's past, the kind he had never wanted to see again, but here he was for the sake of the order. He walked behind Rasu the entire time, his eyes sullen and heavy, he hadn't slept well since Ossus, worse that before. When they entered the suite he only nodded in response before falling face first onto a couch. He didn't know how in the hell he was going to make it through this phase of the mission, or even life.

He'd given in on Ossus, he saw Shorn and let loose, vengeance became his only priority, clouding his vision as he stuck out with rage that only he could muster. How the hell was he EVER going to overcome this? A part of Marek's should would always belong to the iron armor clad abomination that was Darth Iram, and accepting that had become one of the hardest things he'd ever done.

This was also his first mission after Ossus, despite burning the Thronebreaker, breaking his hand, and shattering his visor and spraying glass onto his face with a punch, Marek still lost. His ribs were bruised, he'd suffered multiple concussions and burns, and worse yet they almost had to put him in life support armor...again. He'd literally screamed in fear at the notion. "When is the meeting?" He grumbled tiredly.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Rasu was drawn away by her thoughts as the human dragged himself into the bedroom, taking a few steps towards a couch before collapsing onto the rich blue cushion. The Shi'ido could tell by the way he held himself, that the Knight was exhausted. It had only been a few weeks since the Invasion of Ossus had finally finished, the battles and bodies that had littered that planet were still burnt into the Knight's mind, haunting her sleep and daydreams. She knew that it must have been harder for Marek, as he would have seen much more fighting than the Shi'dio, who had been sent away from the enemies army instead of being pushed into the wave of the Sith forces. Marek had been through a lot and Rasu felt that two, three weeks was not enough time to recuperate from such an event, physically and mentally. However the human had no choice in the matter, Rasu would do her best to take majority of the weight off his shoulders but she knew that he would have to do something, sooner or later.

"Tomorrow afternoon, I believe." she replied to the man's question, gazing over his body as she spoke. He really looks like he's about to nod off, she thought. Standing up, she turned to face the bed, pulling the duvet from under the pillows she revealed a sizable portion of the mattress beneath. "Come on you, I think it's time you went to bed. We've got a big day tomorrow and you need to be ready." she said, trying to inflict a mother-like tone to get him to smile. Grabbing his hand, she helped him off the couch and led him over to the bed, pulling the duvet over him after he had adjusted himself. "Goodnight." she said, before moving off into the refresher, to clean herself and wash off the make-up that seemed to cake her face.

"Mhm..." He muttered, collapsing onto the bed without any form of protest. He simply lie there, unable to sleep, every time he closed his eyes he saw the same damn thing staring in the face, laughing, telling him how he could never escape it. But he had to escape it, he had too, there wasn't another way. Sighing he awaited @[member="Rasu Gan"]'s inevitable return to the room, blankly staring at one of the walls.

Retiring back to the bedroom after she had cleansed herself, Rasu brought her hands up to her face, caressing the now smooth, tanned skin after her multiple attempts to wipe the layers of make-up off her face. With a soft towel wrapped around her body and hair, she expected to find her past Master, deep in sleep. However she was surprised to find the human sitting upright, staring with a blank expression at the opposite wall. Blood rushed to her cheeks as she realised that she now stood in front of him with nothing but a towel covering her body. She considered turning back to change, however she decided against it. The whole point of their past relationship was so that they would learn to feel comfortable around one another, that didn't mean however wandering naked in their presence. Rasu wanted to make certain that just because they were no longer student and mentor, she still wanted to show that that relationship was still there, he would be her master no matter how many times he denied it.

"Can't sleep?" she asked, sitting herself down on the couch as she looked at the man. She could feel the cone-shaped towel resting on her head, suddenly tip forward as she sat down and quickly brought her hand up to straighten it. Better this one than the other one, she thought, her cheeks glowing a rosy pink again. Trying to get her embarrassment under control, she asked him another question, curious as to what would be keeping her master from his rest. "What's on your mind?" She knew that Marek had problems with letting go, she had often noticed the man wake-up gasping for air on some nights during a missions, but she never told him that she was aware of this. Everyone is entitled to their own secrets, she thought.

"Just can't sleep." He lied, not minding that his former learner was before him in pretty much just a towel. His eyes seemed dead almost, void of any emotion but pain. It was a burden he supposed, one he'd be forced to simply live with and never find a cure. He supposed there were worse fates for things like him, monsters. He'd gotten off rather lucky.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Rasu could sense the lie within her Masters reply. Even without the Force, she could have known. They had spent so much time together that it was hard not to know everything about the other. Why must he continue to deceive me? she thought, her heart sinking slightly. Rasu had begun to believe that the pair no longer had to hide things from each other, but it seemed that it was not the case. The Shi'ido was slowly becoming fed up with the man's depressed behaviour, she knew that if let others in and allowed them to assist, he wouldn't be in this state. But Marek was just too stubborn to accept the fact that he may need help.

"Marek, I've known you long enough now, to know when you're lying. So please tell me the real reason. I can tell something is bothering you. It has for a long time." Walking over to the bedside, she knelt down before him so that her head was level with his. Clasping his hand gently in hers, she continued to speak. "Just let me in, all I want to do is help you, but I can't if you keep shutting me out and hide the truth from even yourself." Pausing, she let all her emotions swell up within, before finishing off her gentle rant by saying, "Don't push away the people that care about you." Bringing her head up, she gently pressed her lips against his forehead, holding them there for no longer than a second before standing up and returning to the refresher to get changed and dry her hair, her mind buzzing over what had just occurred. Why did I just do that? she asked herself once she had placed a wall between Marek and herself. I don't even like him like that...do I?

His face went red, brighter than that of any fruit he'd ever seen after what just happened. What the hell was he supposed to do next? He told her he supposed, that would make a degree of sense. "Ossus." He stated bluntly, he didn't know how familiar she was with what exactly he'd done on that world, but hopefully she knew he wasn't proud. He'd let the darkness win once again. After all this time one man still held that power over him, because Marek let him. The very idea made his skin crawl and anger boil in his veins, he had to keep himself calm, for @[member="Rasu Gan"].

Sighing he sat himself up and awaited her return to the room after she'd freshened up and all that good stuff.

It took Rasu nearly another half hour before she brought up the courage to face Marek again. After putting on a night shirt and some loose fitting pants, the Shi'ido returned to the bedroom, placing herself on the end of the bed to find her Master still awake. She avoided making eye contact with him to begin with, deciding to wait and stare at the wall, hoping that he would be the one to spark conversation again, relieving the pair of the awkwardness of the situation. However no words were uttered leaving the two Jedi in-disguise sitting in silence.

The Shi'ido had thought long and hard about why she had kissed the man. It didn't exactly mean that she loved him, it was only on the forehead, but she had put so much emotion into that one moment. Conflicting thoughts and emotions had swarmed over her. Yes Marek would always be seen as her Master, but that relationship had ended. She was a Knight now, no longer the man's Padawan. If it was what she really wanted, she could always form a new relationship with the Knight lying on the bed beside her.

Looking over at the man, she quickly gazed over him, his form, his face. "I'm sorry Marek. I didn't mean to do that." Tears began to swell up within her eyes. The stress of the past day suddenly building up and releasing in the form of salty liquid. Before Rasu could do anything about it, she felt the hot water, stream down her face. She tried to continue talking between her sobs, "I don't want to ruin the friendship we have now. But now I've gone and wrecked it, with that stupid kiss. I didn't even know where it came from Marek, please just forgive me." What Rasu really wanted right now was for the man to just comfort the girl. She realised that the man was in pain as well, but really she just wanted someone to hold her and tell her everything was going to be alright.

"It's okay." Marek responded with a sullen voice, placing a hand on her shoulder in as most a comforting fashion he could, he'd have hugged her, but he probably would've done it with to much force. "I didn't mind." He added, his face getting a vibrantly red as any Sith's lightsaber, perhaps brighter. Had he really just said that? Seriously? Was he stupid or something? He like her was a knight of the order, he was close to master even. And while romance was allowed, it would be a distraction, and add another dynamic to his already screwed up and troublesome life. Fantastic.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

She flinched at the man's touch, pleased that he could show her the tiniest of comfort. Getting a hold over her emotions, the flow of tears ceased, leaving her eye's and cheeks wet. Bringing a hand up to wipe away the remnants of her bawling, she stiffened as his reply exited his mouth. Did he like it as well? Not that she would care if he did. Although did that mean that he had extended feelings for her as well? Her doubts swelled up within her leaving her shocked and emotionless while sitting on the end of the bed, wondering what to do next.

"So you liked it?" she asked, forcing the question out despite her fears. She had to admit she was indeed curious as to whether both had felt the same way about it. Her cheeks grew hot and she knew that they would flushing a a dark colour on her tanned cheeks. Where would this take them now? Could they just forget this ever happened?

Marek only nodded, his cheeks flushed as red as the sour fruit he'd bitten into the first day he'd met Rasu. The knight was socially awkward to say the least, spending the majority of your life in a life support straight out of the Sith's worst nightmares tended to have that affect he supposed. He sat there, perplexed as he looked up at Rasu, as wildly confused as she was.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

The man's nod only brought more silence, the pair remaining speechless as they pondered over what to do next. Rasu opened her mouth to speak, but found that she couldn't utter a single word, the shock of the situation leaving her palms sweaty and her heart racing. Do we really need this right now? she thought, her mind turning back to the reason for their mission. This could prove quite the distraction, but the Shi'ido seemed to deem this more important, her heart winning over the wants of her brain. They had the entire night to sort this out, with the entire morning to plan for the mission ahead. She knew that neither would be able to sleep after what had just occurred, so why not put it to better use.

One main thought seemed to keep springing back to her mind, one that truly determined the outcome of their predicament. Did she have feelings for her past Master? She wasn't worried if the feeling was mutual, she just had to make certain that this was something she truly felt and wanted. Thinking back, Rasu had always cared deeply for her Master but she never thought that it could have evolved into attraction or, even dare she utter it, love. This man was the one who had finally opened the gates for her, allowing the Shi'ido to continue on her journey along the path of Light. For that she would always be grateful, and hold a special spot for him in her heart. She had always known that the Force would bring her towards that special someone as well, but had the Force presented her with a teacher and a soul-mate in the same vessel?

"So..." she said finally breaking the awkward silence between the two, "if I said that I liked it too, a lot. Where would that put us then?" she asked, curious to gain some insight from her Master and friend.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

"Somewhere above friends and below married?" He asked, some of the lighthearted humor Rasu had known during training returning as he sat himself upright finally. So here he was, with his former apprentice, discussing romance. A far cry from where he'd seen himself around three years ago. He wondered how she could see past what he'd been, and he couldn't. She saw him for he was now, not who he used to be, yet whenever he looked in the mirror all he saw was Iram, clad in armor and laughing at him, at his failures, his weakness. It didn't make sense, but strangely he didn't mind that if at least one person could see him in a good light, it was Ras Gan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom