Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rising Blood, Falling Flesh, and Enduring Soul (Critique version)

Zambrano the Hutt is Fatty's latest character, and he is enjoying him very much so far. I hope to utilize the advice I have been given in my last critique thread on myself as a writer, and although it appears I have pretty good reception so far, I want to make it even better!

So I direct you to this ongoing thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/49297-the-rising-blood-falling-flesh-and-enduring-soul-open/

I have only posted three times in it so far, but I am requesting feedback on the overall feel of the thread so far, and the characterization of Zambrano the Hutt. What you enjoy from the opening, parts that seem unnecessary, and any minor flaws you would like to be point out are welcomed and appreciated!

Also, how do you like the format? I kinda borrowed it from [member="Krest"] because I thought it would look imposing due to its distinction mixed with Zambrano's malice :)

Yo bro... you're stealing my thunder for just straight up awful characters. (As in horrible human beings by society standards not like he's not well written, cause he is.) Good job, keep up the good work. Characters with very little redeeming qualities gives the board more flavor.

[member="Zambrano the Hutt"]

As one of the participants of the thread, I'm finding the character superbly enjoyable to RP with. I think your opening posts set the stage very well and none of it was unnecessary. All of your posts built up the drama in a way that I don't always see on the boards with "evil" characters. My other character has been tortured six ways to Sunday by a couple other baddies on the boards (both writers excellent at writing horror) so you'd think I'd be immune to fear by now, but you still managed to make me feel scared of you.

I wouldn't change a thing. *obsessively refreshes thread*

Sage Bane said:
*obsessively refreshes thread*
Funny you should say that lol, I've been doing that too :p I was considering postponing my latest reply to wait for one of our other writers, but I figured that the plot developments involving you took precedence :)

Anyway, thank you for the review as a thread contributor! I'm glad you are sufficiently horrified :D

Piraiba

Togorian Barricade
I'm fond of your Resu work. Not sure what to think of your reincarnation hutt yet though.

I finally joined up since its been a few days and the thread didn't get flooded by crazy people.

I'm Gorg in your thread (Gamoreans ftw :p) and I love the character. Among the first thoughts that came to mind when reading each of your posts is; Well poodoo, he's a psychopath. And he mixes the phycopathness (That's now a word.) with being just... disgusting... (I don't have much of a weak stomach, but Zambrano's managed to make me a bit nauseous :p (That's a good thing- means he's believable)) And hilarious, of course. You vomited on a Jedi. Both disgusting and hilarious.

All in all 10/10. I freaking love this character.

Mrrew said:
You vomited on a Jedi. Both disgusting and hilarious.
It was hugely entertaining to write my response to that scene.

I didn't know you wrote Gorg. <3 that character. He's hilarious. I'm a big fan of Hutt culture, so it's nice to see this side of the SW universe get some love.

(I also write Cryax Bane btw)

Mrrew said:
I'm Gorg in your thread (Gamoreans ftw ) and I love the character. Among the first thoughts that came to mind when reading each of your posts is; Well poodoo, he's a psychopath. And he mixes the phycopathness (That's now a word.) with being just... disgusting... (I don't have much of a weak stomach, but Zambrano's managed to make me a bit nauseous (That's a good thing- means he's believable)) And hilarious, of course. You vomited on a Jedi. Both disgusting and hilarious.

All in all 10/10. I freaking love this character.
Funny that you should say that he makes you nauseous, because honestly, its the replies I get back from all his disgust that make me nauseous! I don't know what it is, but reading from the perspective of someone getting puked on with a bunch of gore is positively the most deliciously revolting thing I have ever read :p [member="Sage Bane"] Did a great job with that :D Aren't you glad you were my inspiration @Mrrew :lol:

This thread is also ranked very very highly in the RP's that I've been apart of, [member="Armand Temi"]. I enjoy the character I'm writing, and I love the reactions you guys put into it! It probably wouldn't be fun for me if not for all of you guys' stellar contributions :)

[member="Zambrano the Hutt"] You don't know how long I've waited for this character to meet a PC Hutt on the boards. He hates them SO much. And then to meet one like your Zambrano, hahahah! It's great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom