Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rise of the Clone [Rasu Gan]

Darrin Onyx

D
|~The Jedi Temple~|
Darrin scanned the scroll once again, he was pretty sure he was in a forbidden section of The Jedi Temple Archives, but he had to find out as much as he could. It had not been long since Darrin had discovered that he was the clone of a ex-sith gone rouge, Onyx, Darren Onyx, and Darrin had been named after him. The scroll contained nothing of much interest and was soon discarded into a pile on the floor.

Then he picked up another scroll, he was going to get busted if he didn't exit the section of the library right then, Darrin looked around, no sign of any one who could harm him, not that they would harm him here, properly they would just give him a good telling off. Darrin discarded that scroll then picked up another.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

The Jedi Archives, one of the largest fount's of knowledge and information in the entire galaxy. It was quite early in the morning, with many of her fellow brethren either still in bed or training elsewhere, the perfect time for a quick read. It surprised Rasu how it could be so empty majority of the time, didn't young Jedi want to make the most of this wonderous collection of history and facts? Taking her time strolling among the various aisles, her Rutian Twi'lek form catching the sun's rays as it entered through a nearby window. She decided it would be time to catch a glimpse at some of the more advanced knowledge held in the archives, those whose power was reserved solely for full members of the Order. The Shi'ido had never been in this section before, having only just recently been promoted to the rank of Knight, she still wasn't aware of every benefit that her title held.

As she made her way into the next section, she was surprised to see that instead of using digital data to store information, the knowledge itself had been recorded on physical sheets of flimsi, shaped into a scroll. Is this how far into the past these date back? she thought. Hungrily, she placed the delicate material in her hands, curious as to what wisdom it contained, when she was suddenly drawn away, her senses picking up another presence in this section. Who'd be in here at this time of the morning? she asked herself. Rasu's curiousity compelled her to discover the identity of this newcomer, she was worried that it may have been an elder Jedi, one who she had just disturbed from their vigorous study. However when she entered the next aisle she was surprised at what she found. A young male human, probably only over the age of twenty, was sitting in the middle of the aisle. Scrolls seemed to had erupted around him, leaving a mess of paper that circled the man. Noticing the braid that dangled just behind his ear, Rasu realised that this young human must be a Padawan, in which case he shouldn't be present in this area.

Approaching the man, who still hadn't noticed the Shi'ido, she made her presence clear to him, saying, "Excuse me young one but I don't think you're supposed to be in this area of the archives. I think it would be best if you run along now before your Master finds out." Folding her arms, she hoped that she looked like quite the authoritative figure, compelling the human to follow her advice and leave before he got into more trouble.

@[member="Darrin Onyx"]

Darrin Onyx

D
Darrin had only just noticed the Rutian Twi'lek when she spoke to him, she said something about him not meant to be in that area and 'running along' before his master found out. Darrin turned around, thinking that it was another Padawan trying to trick him into leaving, a smart comment was about to roll off his tongue, but when he saw her he realized she was a Knight. Darrin looked her up and down and said simply "if I had a master, I wouldn't be here" it was almost a outburst and Darrin couldn't sense if he had insulted her, he turned around and proceeded to leave the section muttering something about trying to find a holocron about it anyway.

He walked to the section of the datacrons about people lazily, he had no idea if he had been followed, he picked up a holocron and said sighed, then muttered something very much like "finally, something useful"

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

The man's words seemed to echo in the Shi'ido's head. If I had a Master.....If I had a Master..... had a Master! The Force was presenting her an opportunity, what were the chances that she would meet a Master-less Padawan in the archives early in the morning, with her now able to take on a student. Either this was a sign of the Force or she was a Kowakian Monkey-Lizard. Turning to face the young man again, she was instead presented with an deserted aisle, with the remnants of the pile of scrolls. Where'd he go? she thought, a state of panic beginning to form in her mind. She couldn't just let him go and ignore the Force's calling.

Reaching out in the Force, she tried to locate the young human, spotting a bright orb of light in the holocron vaults. Putting some urgency into her pace, she made her way over to the vault, poking her head down each aisle, before she found him, holocron in hand. Quickly composing herself as she didn't want to appear to eager in front of the Padawan, she approached him again.

"Sorry to interrupt your studies again, young one, but did you say that you do not have a Master at this present time?" she asked him, internally hoping that he gave her the right answer. She was so eager to pass on the knowledge she herself had learned as a Padawan that she might explode from the intense longing.

@[member="Darrin Onyx"]

Darrin Onyx

D
Darrin was on the verge of activating a holocron when the Knight interrupted him once again, she asked if he didn't have a master at the time, Darrin responded almost instantly "well, no, no not really" he seemed to consider something in his mind and followed that up with "why?" Darrin had only been with a Jedi for a short amount of time, but it had almost been a year since he was cloned.

Darrin suspected that the Knight wanted to train him, Darrin hadn't been a Jedi for very long and he hardly expected to find a master so easily, but he had read that the force often makes situations happen that would help to fufil a person's destiny, maybe the force had caused this to happen, maybe the Knight would teach him the ways of the Jedi, maybe it was in his destiny to be trained by this Knight.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Elation began to bubble and rise within Rasu's chest, this was indeed a blessing from the Force. It seemed like only yesterday that she was a Padawan who had been struggling to attract the notice of a Master, for forty years. Everything had moved so fast since then, she had found a Master, and he had promoted her to the rank of Knight. And now her life had come full circle, she would be the Master now with a student willing to learn from her, she wouldn't make this boy wait forty years till his promotion as the Jedi had with her. She held no grudge against the Council of her fellow Jedi, she knew the reasons for her long and painful wait. The Shi'ido had understood this and remedied the problem, all of her body and mind were in balance, and soon this man would be too, in time.

Forming her answer in her head, Rasu opened her mouth to reply to the young man standing in front of her, "Oh I was just curious that's all." She said, mentally she was beating herself up. I'm so stupid, he was probably thinking the same thing as me and now he'll be disappointed, she said, chiding herself. "Actually I was wondering if you would like a Master? I've just been recently appointed the role of Knight and I was thinking that it was such a strange coincidence that we meet. The Force works in mysterious ways, Padawan, and as Jedi we must take every opportunity that it presents to us. So with that said, I am asking you if you would be willing to become my student and I, your Master, teacher and friend. What do you say?"

@[member="Darrin Onyx"]

Darrin Onyx

D
Darrin's head was spinning, the force had presented a training opportunity so soon, it was strange and... new, to him. "I will have to think about it" his head went down only for a few seconds before he looked back up at here "yeah, a Master would be cool" Darrin wondered if he had been formal enough, it wasn't likely.

So he answered again, this time crouching down in both knees and bowing his head down "I mean..." he began "I would be honored to have a Knight such as you train me in the force" he didn't know why he was like that, maybe it was because he was cloned with Sith customs in his head, but his head stayed down and he remained in crouching position, not wanting to appear rude to the Knight

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Rasu was slightly taken a back as the young man lowered himself onto one knee. However she didn't let it faze her. He had accepted, finally she had a student, one she could teach and assist in their studies of the Force and help them climb up the ladder of the Order till they had reached Knighthood. Of course, she knew this wouldn't be that easy. These apprenticeships weren't just a learning experience for the Padawan, but for their Master as well. Rasu had to prepare herself for the strenuous journey as well.

Smiling down at her new student, she bent down, tucking her hands gently under the arms of the young human, she raised him back to his feet, speaking as she performed this action, "There is no need for that, young one. This doesn't have to be such a formal relationship. If I have learnt anything from my past Master, it was that the informal apprenticeships always turn out the best." Looking into his eyes, she could see that he longed for her approval, something she had yearned for during her time as a Padawan. "If it helps, view me as a sort of motherly figure. I'll be watching out for you and teaching you, something mother's are always good at. How does that sound?"

@[member="Darrin Onyx"]

Darrin Onyx

D
Darrin smiled, the idea of a motherly figure was pleasant, being a clone Darrin had never had a master, or any other major parental influence on his life. "It might be easier, just slightly though, i , don't really know how to treat any one like a mother"

Darrin hoped that she found appreciation within his honesty, his past wasn't a easy, or hard subject but for some reason he felt uncomfortable as he uttered the words, like his sub-conconcouis disliked the fact that he didn't have a mother.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

"If it makes you uncomfortable then we don't have to do that. I was just thinking that it might help form our relationship faster and reinforce that's all." Rasu told the young man. The Shi'ido didn't really know what to do at this stage, how were they going to bond? What would be a good thing to start off with? Calling upon the Force, she reached out towards a pair of wooden chairs and brought them towards the two Jedi, placing them lightly on the ground using her enhanced mental powers.

Sitting herself down, she gestured for her student to take the other seat, before saying, "Just so you know, you're my first student. I've never done this before and hadn't planned on taking a Padawan anytime soon. However the Force has brought us together so we must follow it's directions. I thought you aught to know that before we start." Resting her elbows on her knees, she studied her new student, taking in his physical appearance but also through the force, searching his mental capabilities at the same time. She could see that there was a great darkness within him, although there was also a strong sense of light in him also. If this man was too ever become a full member of the Order, he and Rasu would have to do something about the dark presence in him, ridding it from his mind and soul. Focusing back on him, she locked her eyes with his, hoping to start their relationship off with a kick and a roar. "So young one, I'm Rasu Gan, your teacher and Master from hence forth. Why don't you tell me a bit about yourself? A name may as good a place as any to start."

Darrin Onyx

D
"I am Darrin Onyx" that was defiantly a good beginning "I'm a clone created by the Sith to bring this dude called Darren Onyx back from the dead, I was the seventh and last clone that was created"

He looked back on his creation "You know, it isn't very pleasant when your first view of the galaxy is your dead selves that had failed" tears welled up behind his eyes "and it's not very pleasant when your left to die just because the Sith can't sense force sensitivity inside of you"

At this point Darrin turned around as the tears just began to roll out of his tear ducks, he silently sobbed as he thought it all over, it was all so painful, so, so unfair what they done to him.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Listening intently to her Padawan's story, Rasu leaned in, balancing her elbows on her knees as she watched the young man speak. Darrin's story definitely was a rare tale, something that wasn't exactly common around the Temple. However it seemed that fairly recently, there were many cloned Jedi roaming the halls and corridors of the building, but Rasu wasn't going to bring that up.

Sympathy began to swell up within the Shi'ido's beating heart as tears began to run down her Padawan's face. Not knowing what to do in this sort of situation, Rasu wanted desperately to comfort the young man, but wasn't sure if that would be pushing the boundaries as the two had in fact only met a few minutes ago. Sensing that there was still more he wanted to share, perhaps how he found himself in the Temple, Rasu chose to remain silent, she would hold her questions and sympathetic comments until the end of his retelling.

@[member="Darrin Onyx"]

Darrin Onyx

D
Darrin wiped his tears and continued, "The Sith left a emergency beacon there, I activated it and waited a week, then the Jedi came and took me to Coroscaunt and here I am before you know"

Somehow by talking about it, it seemed rather distant like when you wake up from a good dream, the memory of it seems to fade into nothingness. Darrin looked at his new... Master and smiled, his first proper smile.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

"Well let me just say that you have indeed lived an interesting life so far, however I hope that the future holds much more bliss than your past has." Rasu said to her apprentice after he had finished speaking. She was glad that he was able to smile, that at least showed her that he had accepted what had happened in his past and was ready to move on. She knew many Jedi her age and even older, who were still struggling to let go of events in their past that were best left forgotten. She was a Jedi now coming up on sixty three years of age. She had experienced much in her life so far, and she knew she would experience so much more in the future, both good and bad, but she couldn't let them faze her when moving forward. A full member of the Jedi is able to let go of those that haunt or pester them, it should not continue to affect their lives long after it had transpired. This is what Darrin would have to show her if he ever wanted to reach full Knighthood.

Returning her Padawan's smile, she began to retell events of her own life, only so that he could gain an idea of her personality and maybe even how she might teach the young man. "Well I was brought to the Temple some forty two years ago,at the age of nineteen, I know, surprising right? I trained as an initiate first for twenty or so years and was then promoted to the rank of Padawan at forty. It took me nineteen years till a Jedi finally took me as their student and that's when things started escalating. I'm sure you know by now that the galaxies at war, well I was one of the lucky few who were promoted as a cause of this war. Here I stand, Jedi Knight Rasu Gan." She sat in the chair for a moment just reflecting on what had happened so far in her long life, suddenly returning to focus back on her student.

Standing up, she gestured for him to do so as well. It was time to determine the man's abilities, what needed working on and if he had the potential to learn new skills. "How about we go over to the training grounds? There'll be hardly anyone there this early in the morning and we can warm up our muscles. I want to see what you know, so I can get an idea of what I need to teach you." She began to head off towards the archive exit when she had a sudden thought. Turning to face the young human, she asked, "Sorry but do you have your own lightsaber, otherwise we might have to pass on this sparring session and go somewhere else." Rasu hoped he had an idea of what she was implying.

@[member="Darrin Onyx"]

Darrin Onyx

D
Rasu had offered to go down to the training grounds, Darrin's face lit up like a candle at the thought of being able to prove himself, then she asked if he had a Lightsabre, the answer was sort of obvious but Darrin replied without any crude comments.

"No, no I don't have a Lightsabre, or a Training Lightsabre, just a old viroblade" he said pointing towards his belt "and the force" Darrin preferred the last 'weapon' more, but it was his Master's choice of what they did.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Rasu could sense the man's eagerness to begin his training, so decided she would move what she had planned to a later date, one where maybe more could accompany them. There were plenty of training sabers for her student to choose from if he wished to use one, or perhaps the man would prefer to test his abilities in the Force alone? Only time would tell.

"Well then, if you're so keen on some training, let's make our way down to the grounds for some fun." The Shi'ido said with a smirk, she was actually glad to be heading down for some fitness, it had been a while since she had got her blood truly pumping. Gesturing with her hand towards her Padawan, she began to walk towards the exit of the archives, leaving that section of the Temple behind as she made her way into a turbolift, holding the doors open so that Darrin would make it inside also. Taking the lift up a few levels, the pair left the tube to walk into a massive orange turf. Racks of assorted weapons were randomly placed around the walls and sections of these walls caved in to allow space for viewing booths where Masters and Knights could view younger Jedi's progress.

Heading towards one of the weapon racks, she turned to face Darrin, asking, "So would you like to pick a weapon or would you prefer to use your fists and the Force alone?" Rasu remained curious as to what he would pick, his next answer probably determining what sort of fighting style he preferred, if he even preferred to fight that is.

@[member="Darrin Onyx"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom