Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Republic Army - Rank Request

Caius Flavian

Faction Admin - The Galactic Republic
Welcome to the Army of the Republic
(let me know via pm or leave a message here to make changes!)

clone-wars-clones.jpg

All new army characters may pick a Rank below Marshal at start.

Please apply in this thread with your requested rank and the name of your unit (if any).

All unit formations are relative in size to give an idea of what you may be writing with!

Regular Army

The Republic Military
The combined might of the Republic Army and the Republic navy is lead by the Supreme Commander

Republic Army Command
The entire Galactic Republic Army is led by the Commander of the Army. Who holds the rank of Grand Marshal and is only outranked by the Supreme Commander. Is appointed by the Supreme Chancellor and/or Supreme Commander and/or the Senate

Army
A sector army is made of up several Corp or more and is brought together under command of a Grand General and may span multple planets or systems even akin to the old System/Sector armies of before.

Corp
An army corp is a large military formation made up of a number smaller units is brought together under the command of a Marshal. An Army corp can be as small as 2 Divisions brigades and as massive as four divisions depending on its role and purpose. Corps are used to defend or attack a whole planet or even a system!

Division
Commanded by a General! Made up of a minimum of two brigades and can very well go up to six! Used for operations that can span a whole continent or planet!

Brigade
The Brigade holds a number of battalions, in between 4 to 9 and from the army capable of large scale operations, most often charged with protecting a section of a planet or other vital point of interest. With their own headquarters based on their main planet these are army units that can be deployed for large scale operations such as invading an enemy planet. The brigade is lead by a Colonel or a General depending on the size of the brigade.

Battalion
A battalion ranges from 4 to 8 Companies and is lead by a Lieutenant colonel.

Company
A company consists of in between 3 to 5 platoons and is lead by a Captain or a Major depending on the size of the unit.

Platoon
A platoon consists of three squads and is lead by a Lieutenant.

Republic squad
The Republic Army's smallest unit is the squad. It consists of 10 troopers led by a Sergeant.

Caius Flavian

Ranks
High Command Ranks​
Grand Marshal
Grand General
Marshal
--- The Above are titles that need to be appointed by an In Character event ----
Request Your rank from below and a unit if you would like and have fun writing!
Field Officer Ranks​
General
Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Major
Captain
Lieutenant
Non--Commissoned Officer Ranks​
Sergeant
Corporal
Lance Corporal
Private

Roster

Supreme Commander
[member="Suravi Teigra"] [ACTING]
Commander of the Army
Grand Marshal [member="Thoja Arlos"] [ACTING]

Grand Marshal [member="Thoja Arlos"] - Commanding Officer of the 228th Black Operations Division (Special Forces)
General [member="Tash Muntag"] - Commanding Officer of the Rampart Division (Regular Army)
General [member="Kista Fel"] - Commanding Officer of the 1st Expeditionary Strike Brigade (Marines)

Colonel [member="Viscous Thorn"] - 98th Ragithian Jungle Fighters (Regular Army)
Colonel [member="Weiss"] - the 33rd Marine corp brigade (Marines)
Colonel [member="Krenis Skirata"] - ARC Program - (Special Forces)

Major [member="Jaccer Ramirez"] - ?

Captain [member="Zhan Jingkai"] Regular Army

Lieutenant [member="Rendom Axel"] - ?
Lieutenant [member="Symara Tarriq"]
Lieutenant [member="Ander Wyne"] -?
Lieutenant [member="Amelia Morvos"]
Lieutenant [member="Jalek Arkada"] - (Cool name for squad pending thought bubble) (Special Forces)
Lieutenant [member="Heron Teradalch"]

Sergeant [member="Jack Varus"] - (Special Forces) - 228th Black Operations Division
Sergeant [member="Valkren Calderon"] - Saber Team (Special Forces)
Sergeant [member="Gax Oaldiro"] - (Special Forces)
Sergeant [member="Kaiden Rohn"]
Sergeant [member="Willa Isard"]
Sergeant [member="Myles Savar"]

Sergeant [member="Jaster Starfallen"] - (Special Forces)
Sergeant [member="Jace Felswoop"] - Of Fireteam Storm (Special Forces)
Corporal [member="Caelag Vass"]

Caius Flavian

Thoja Arlos said:
[member="Caius Flavian"]

Question, what IC actions would prompt a promotion of any kind, but more so Marshal, Grand General, and Grand Marshal
Three instances where the rank may be obtained are as follows
A thread featuring at least two of the following:
  1. Appointment/confirmation by the Supreme Commander to the rank
  2. Appointment/confirmation by the Senate Armed Services Committee
  3. Appointment/confirmation by the Commander of the Army

Reasons for consideration be promotable OOC reasons!
  • Complete development threads.
  • Participate in invasions, dominions, and skirmishes
  • Is active!
In Character reasons to be considered for promotion
  • Demonstrate an ability to command a brigade or division level formation
  • Is active in the defensive operations as a Republic flag officer
Rinse and repeat as you go up in rank (Ie, Marshal to Grand General, GG to Grand Marshal
Right now we are kinda just rolling with the flow of this.

I'm approaching this as someone who is a member of the US Armed Forces, a lot of the basics right here skimmed down to make it appealing for roleplaying.
The same goes for Navy ranks too.
I'll add your question as part of an FAQ that we can develop slowly as we go.

Caius Flavian

Tash Muntag said:
Making a general that will be leading a small Division during invasions.
Will it be under this Alternate character?
If so I'll add him to the list as commanding a division.
Let me know if it has a designation (such as the 101st Division, or Hydra Division, or however you wish to designate it!)

Tash Muntag

General Tash of Rampart Division
[member="Caius Flavian"] It will be under this character, and the Division name will be Rampart Division. The main focus of the division will be be establishing defenses. I did the math and it'll consist of about 2,800 - 2,900 troops.

Caius Flavian

Tash Muntag said:
[member="Caius Flavian"] It will be under this character, and the Division name will be Rampart Division. The main focus of the division will be be establishing defenses. I did the math and it'll consist of about 2,800 - 2,900 troops.

Roster updated!

When you rally your units together submit it up on the Unit Tracker which is also pinned in this forum

All right, am new here so tell me if I'm doing anything wrong.

I'd like to request Sergeant for a SpecForce team. Speaking of a SpecForce team, should/how do I request for members to join mine? Or should I create a NPC team. Thanks!

Caius Flavian

[member="Jaster Starfallen"]

We are pretty lenient about how you wish to run a squad. Basically my suggestion is that you build an NPC team but also be flexible to allow PCs to join. Rotate the NPCs as support. A lot of special forces use alpha and bravo teams and alternate members so this is a great IC method of being open to other player characters in joining you r squad!

I will update list on the 27th or 28th when I properly get back. Until then feel free to operate as a Sergeant and do your thing! Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom