Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Remedy

// LOCATION // Peace, Jedi Space Station // Private Training Area
// TIMELINE // Following Going For The Head
// THEMATIC // The Remedy
//
FOCUS // Allyson Locke Allyson Locke

Clunk! Sounded heavy metal as the training droid slammed its forearm against the side of the Jedi's head, stirring a harsh, stinging pain through his senses -- his vision blurried for a moment before he shook his head only to duck another punch from the droid, swinging his left arm up to undercut it in the chest before jolting back. Despite the fact he'd flown missions since his X-Wing plummeted to the surface of Brentaal IV in a bruising crash, Maynard was still deep in rehabilitation from the incident. It left him concussed and his brain irreversibly injured from the incident while aching bones and muscles still strained from the incident.

Every defeat a crushing one and each victory won with great cost. Maynard never seemed to catch a break no matter where he turned, something was there to clock him in the mouth. Just as the training droid would do -- right now, delivering a harsh haymaker up and into his chin, sending him staggering backward on the mat beneath. Failing to take the hint he squared himself up once more, raising his fists infront of his face as he sought to close the gap again -- surging forward with a flurry of punches toward the droid only for it to bounce back with a surge of its own, slamming its padded but still servo'd and metallic fists toward Maynard in return -- the Jedi blocking a great deal only to eat another one in his stomach, pulling the wind from his lungs and seeing hims

"Stop! Fuck-" Maynard said, nearly keeling over unto the ground as he pressed a hand against his stomach, pulling in deep breathes as he motioned up a hand from which the droid locked in place, lowering its arms to its sides.

"Difficulty set...nah keep it the same actually." Maynard says as he rolls his shoulders, slowly regaining his energy and confidence to bout with the droid once more.

Sometimes Allyson wondered why she always said yes, especially to pretty blonde girls. The Corellian never learned her lesson even after this time. Heaven forbid a cute Jedi Atresian asked her to risk her neck, a groan escaped her lips as she found herself in her head again. Damnit Loske. Memories that Allyson worked hard to bury kept coming back. ​

Hands pulled on the workout towel that was wrapped around her neck tightly, the quick cardio work out she just did gave her some peace of mind. That peace of mind shattered when she heard the thud and the cursing of a man in the room she was passing. Poking her head in, she figured what had happened to the guy as she looked at the boxing droid, not having a scratch on it. Catching his face quickly as he moved, she put two and two together and realized this must be Saber One. ​

Insert sarcastic Corellian antics.

Allyson sauntered in with a slow and condescending clap as she made her way towards the ring and looked at Maynard. “A simply programmed droid getting the best of you, hmm?”​

The wayward Jedi then lifted up a gloved hand to motion the droid to halt where it stood, invoke the automaton to lower its limbs and stand straight where it was. Maynard then furrowed a brow, shifting his gaze over toward the source of the feminine voice which interrupted him. Not that she wasn't a sight for sore eyes, but she certainly wasn't anyone he recognized on first glance.

Letting off a heavy breath he made way to the edge of the ring, crossing his arms over his chest. Had the comment come from a Jedi equal or below Maynard's station (whatever that was exactly) he might've eaten them alive in the silver tongued acid tipped words he was able to pipe out on a whim. If anything had been said about Saber One around Peace or the Jedi and Alliance in general, that sort've vulgar energy and cadence might've very well come up, aside from his prodigy level piloting and innate ineptness he had in just about every facet of being a 'Jedi' and utilizing the force as it was.

"Simply programmed? I'll have you know that this damn thing is on the toughest difficulty." He said, crawling under the ropes and approached her, stripping off the sparring gloves before offering a hand to shake.

"Maynard Treicolt- couldn't tell ya what damn 'rank' I have 'round here but I more or less just roll with Saber Squadron, if ya ever heard of em." Maynard spoke in a genuine fashion, not insinuating any greater status the group might've had in the greater Galaxy because he...genuinely didn't know. He was a recluse more than anything, sticking to maintaining and modifying his personal starship and X-Wing with his quarters on Peace, only ever disembarking when duty called or to 'casually' smuggle goods into Sith space. He had the very look of a spacer if only now from the faint but raking scars through his cheeks, a sign of a crash or five that Maynard had found himself with but otherwise appeared physically more than capable aside from the fact that he stood a hair under six feet in a Galaxy where the median height may as well been eight feet tall.

Allyson Locke Allyson Locke

Allyson watched him move and bite back after her comment. The Corellian did her best not to laugh at him since he did seem to be struggling from his encounter with the droid. She took his offered hand and gave it a quick shake. Releasing his hand quickly, she smiled and shook her head, "Don't take this the wrong way." Her hand wiped on the towel as she nodded. "Little sweaty, that's all."​

The man looked like the hundreds she had seen in port, and the Corellian wondered if he had a similar background to her. Runaway, picked up by a crew, worked and learned to pilot, and then somehow managed to find a way onto a squadron. In Maynard's case, he was commanding that squadron. He had a look about him, and Allyson would be lying if she said she wasn't comfortable. Still, his lack of skill with the drone made her worry.​

"Rank? I'd have to say private after the beating I just watched you take." Pausing, she gave him the peace sign with her two fingers and a bright grin. "Allyson Locke, Lt. Commander, former XO of…" Allyson paused; she was the XO of several squads before this, "Rogue and Onyx squadron." She half expected him to have known either team. Both were part of her past when she was a bit younger and less sane.​

Remembering Loske mention Saber squad, she nodded, "I've heard of em. Loske, the XO, is trying to get me to join. But I don't know. Been flying a long time, and for some prestigious squads." Allyson paused and put her finger to her lips, "I'd have to see who the commander is and how they hold up."​

Maynard Treicolt Maynard Treicolt

"Oh- right yeah." He remarked at the comment at the handshake - a characteristic oversight by the Jedi. The banter she offered him might not've hurt so badly had well...he not been the very Commander she was referring to. Certainly not a stellar impression to kick off with to say the least, though she seemed to pick up a good initial appraisal of his history leading up to his arrival at Peace even if he offered nothing but the very characteristic appearance she'd come to expect from their shared origin.

"Rogue Squadron? No shit- heard a ton about em that's...damn, wow." Maynard admits, visibly and genuinely impressed by her claim. Any self respecting pilot had heard of Rogue Squadron to some extent. Though the several iterations of the name blended together into legendary status over time.

"W- well I erm...huh- I am the Commander of uhh- Saber Squadron." Maynard admits, clenching his teeth for a moment before speaking.

"Now I can already tell what you're thinkin' - but I assure you I am a bit better at the sticks than uhhh...well...anything else really. I haven't been back in the Jedi life very long but I flew for probably...a damn near decade before I came back." Maynard readily and humbly admits.

A fanboy?

Allyson thought to herself as he sounded excited by her statement. Things would probably proceed a couple of ways after this. He would want to see the X-Wing she piloted - which sadly was no longer in commission and probably buried under the rubble of the old Coruscant temple, or he wouldn't believe her. The former seemed to be where this interaction was going since he was impressed. ​

It was apparent he wasn't too thrilled about her explanation of needing to know who the Commander was and the Corellian feigned surprise when he revealed it to be him. A hand tapped on the bottom of her chin as she heard his explanation. Excuses poured from his lips, but Allyson could understand where he was coming. Waving a hand, she smiled. "It's fine, I believe you. Trust me, and I know what being in that boat is all about." ​

Setting her water bottle and towel aside, she strapped on the pair of gloves she brought with her. Before addressing her challenge, Allyson placed a hand on the droid picking through its circuits and mostly downloading the battle data. If Maynard were privy to the force, he would sense the surge that flowed through the droid as Allyson was using mechu deru. ​

"Alright, Mayderp, show me what you got. You win - I'll join the Sabers, contract bases only." The Corellian raised her fists and smiled at the man. "You're not scared, right?" ​

Maynard narrowed his gaze toward her as she touched the droid, angling a finger between her and the machine before shaking his head. Was this cheating? Had to be, right? Well - would it would either be his excuse for losing or another layer of triumph added to a victory and so in the end he didn't care to overtly point it out. Sliding the gloves back over his hands he climbed back into the ring once more.

"May- Mayderp? Man every lady's got a nick name for me I swear - and none of em all that good." Maynard remarks as he rolls his shoulders.

"Scared? Why the fu- no, I'm not scared. Worst that happens I just end up on my ass again as I have probably uhhh ya know, thousand fuckin' times before already." Maynard remarks in mostly good nature. If he knew anything it was getting his ass beat time and time again. And already his blunt and vulgar nature showed in spades to her, not all too worried about making an impression. Maynard was himself at all times.

Lifting his gloved hands infront of his face - he was ready to scrap.

"It's because you're um, cute," Allyson chuckled a little, and she raised her gloves." I love it. Promise I won't mess up your face too bad for your girlfriend." The Corellian smiled sweetly towards the Squad commander. She might utterly ruin her chances with joining the Squadron - which the only person who would probably feel sad about it. It seems he was going to be a gentleman and give her the first swing. ​

Bouncing lightly on the balls of her feet, she shifted her weight - the southpaw stance telegraphed her favor for her left side. Having trained in military hand to hand and Echani hand to hand - she was quite proficient in protecting herself. ​

She was wanting to get a feel for how Maynard moved, her right hand out to tap against Maynard's left lightly attempting to bait him into moving, allowing her an opening. ​

"How long have you been in charge of Saber, hmm?"​

Last edited:
"Wh- Y- you think I'm cute?." Maynard's eyes widened at the compliment. He wasn't all too used to that kind've gesture - it almost took him back for a moment before he lifted the gloved hands back up once more.

Maynard jabbed into her hand as she tapped her glove against his before he rolled his shoulders and hunkered down into his own striking stance, adopting his own orthodox boxing stance.

"Only a few months I ain't gonna lie." Maynard remarks before he jumps forward into her striking range, pumping a punch toward her abdomen with a twist of his hips before he matches it with another jab toward her face to jostle her priority.

Her smile remained plastered on her face as she chuckled softly at his reaction. It seems the Commander wasn’t used to getting compliments. She decided to tease him a bit more, her nature as per usual was playful even if he was taking advantage of getting the offensive first. Her eyes followed his movements - he was good, which meant she would probably have to put a bit of effort into this spar.

The first attack came towards her abdomen, and sensing he wasn’t going to stop there byways of a little downloaded information, Allyson saw an opportunity. “Yeah, you’re pretty cute, is there something wrong with that, Commander?”

She blocked the first attack with a side step and pushing his momentum with an open palm, deflecting the punch from her stomach. Next came his jab to her head, using the same arm that deflected she brushed the inside of his striking arm with her forearm, blocking and forcing a quick opening. The block would attempt to guide his attack away from her, pushing his arm to cross his body, leaving an open rib cage.

A quick snap punch to the exposed region should give her a leg up.

Aaaand he really wasn't. Used to compliments that is. During his first tenure as Jedi raising him up was...challenging and required towing a delicate line to keep him in line with the teaching of the Jedi. When he was a space for past decade before his re-emergence he was all but isolated from anyone else save for pragmatic interactions he had with the people he dealt with in the line of work.

"W- well I-I no-." The second compliment rattled him for long enough to lower his guard and take the punch to the ribs, causing him to let off a groan of pain before he bounced away to break contact, raising his fists to his face once more he used his advantage of reach to make long reaching jabs toward her face, offering a burst of three before he pulled his right fist down to slam a fist into the side of her abdomen in a sidewinding blow, twisting his hips and throwing his momentum into the strike as his other hand would counter the momentum into a pendulum sending another blow toward the right side of her face from his left hand.

"You're not too bad yourself." Maynard was barely able to mouth out, his face beaming red be it from the nerves or the boxing itself. Maynard clearly wasn't a natural flirt.

Allyson felt like she had cheated, downloading the movesets that the man had done with the droid and then using the information against him. His moves, according to the data, were predictable, and she quickly stepped back as he stepped forward, creating a long distance for him to travel for his punches. When he finally came to hit her at the side angle, Allyson dropped an elbow and blocked the blow. He was strong, and she made a small noise when the impact moved against her. His second blow that was similar, but on her other side was a different story.

The Corellian stepped forward and once more deflected his attack. As he did, she used the force to speed herself up slightly and grab ahold of his shirt and force him off balance. She kicked at his feet in an attempted sweep. If he fell, she would smirk and chuckle.

"Falling for me already? My Commander, you work fast - well think you've got a handsome face. How about I take you out for a drink tonight?"

So she fought dirty. Before Maynard knew it he was knocked on his ass with a grunt before he peered back up to her with widened eyes. She had a weird idea of flirting or- whatever any of this was. When she teased him again he offered up a faint laugh before he seemed to casually fall into the attempt to catch him off guard again.

"I meeean- I ain't got much else going on." Maynard says before surges forward on his back and snakes one leg before hers and the other around one of hers before wrenching back to pull her unto the mat beneath, his body contouring up to try and lock one of her arms across his chest should the take down be successful.

"Aside from kicking your ass, I guess." Treicolt uttered with a tilt of his head.

He surprised her; she hadn't expected him to react to her takedown quickly. The Corellian's legs were trapped, her face did its best to try and hide that he had gotten her. Allyson decided to move her feet, but he was quick to pull her down onto the mat. Hands caught her, and she was pulled into his hold and was officially trapped. All she could do was groan against the hold, her legs wiggled, and her other free arm tried to wrestle out of his grasp.

Instead of a slew of curses, Allyson laughed. Her laughter was pure and hearty as tears welled in her eyes. Despite her attempts to try and find a way to outsmart him in the spar, he was able to get the best of her. "Kicking my ass, eh? I was wrong about you, Maynard, well, not about everything." She smirked and looked at him as she stopped her struggling.

Quickly, she leaned forward and attempted to steal a quick kiss—her last-ditch effort to win.

Anything she was trying to do, wouldn't really work in the bind he caught her in and thus he simply laid in the position he'd trapped her in a few moments waiting for that futile tap out. Had to happen at some point. Instead she decided the better rout would be go for a kiss - which in all fairness, was a surprise attack. He took it for that brief moment before he jutted his head back against the mat in shock.

His muscle tension loosened enough for her to peel out and escape the hold if she wanted to. His expression spelling just shock he slowly got up unto his elbows before peering toward her with a furrowed brow.

"Wh- uhhhh..." Maynard let out, clearly unable to string a sentence together.

Allyson rolled out of the hold and stood up. There was a smug little grin on her face as she saw that she had won the short struggle. She knew she was going to and knew that her secret attack was going to be the 'kiss of death' for him.

After dusting herself off, Allyson adjusted her long ponytail and then reached out towards Maynard. "Sorry, Champ, it was the last move in my repertoire. You're a good fighter. I'm glad to have sparred with you." After Maynard was back on his feet, she removed her gloves and patted her face down with a towel. "I like you; I think I'm going to have fun in Saber Squad - as long you'll have me."

Remembering her comment about a drink, she continued with her grin, "Since you won, I owe you a drink - you up for it?"

"Ah- well I mean...I appreciate it I guess." Maynard says in reply. It was barely a spar at all. Had it gone as long with him losing there wasn't anyway he wouldn't jump back up to his feet for a second round. But since he won? Well...he was fine with stopping while he was ahead.

"Wh- well yeah we'll take you. I mean hell, Rogue Squadron vet? Well hell yeah, why not." Maynard said with a grin before she brought up the drink again, his face flushing with nerves. He wasn't...too used to this kinda 'admiration' from ladies.

"Uhhh...shit- I don't see why not. I'm not sure Peace has the sorta...facilities for that but if you got somethin' in mind I don't have too much better to do." Maynard admits with a shrug, managing another smile to Allyson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom