Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Reliquary of the Lost [Guided Narrative, PM for Summaries]

6Cd9Vyc.png
CONTRACTED THYRSIAN TASK FORCE ASSIGNMENT
MISSION NO #004032
CODENAME: Ethereal.
NATURE: Deep-Space Reconnaissance/Recovery.
LETHAL FORCE: Authorized; If Necessary.

STAFF:
  • Khonsu Amon, Supreme Sun Guardian.
  • Torian Pierce, Stellar Centurion.
    Operational Lead.

[*]Jaryn Pryde, Thychani Praefectus
  • CO of the “Sunseeker.”

OPERATIONAL ASSETS:
  • One “Thesan” - Class Hemiolia, the “Sunseeker.”
    Full Complement of Thyrsian Auxilia Personnel.

[*]One “Vahakn” - Class Dropship
  • Full Complement of Sun Guard Mercenaries.

SITUATION
Ever since the Battle of Bogden, the Golden Company has taken a vested interest in tracking down rumours of supposed Ghost Ship(s) throughout the Galaxy in an attempt to learn about these newfound foes; and ultimately how to beat them. Near the distant world of Batuu, our underground contacts have given word about a ghost ship haunting a nearby minor trade route. The Supreme Sun Guardian has tasked an ad-hoc unit of Sun Guards and select contractors to track down this vessel and determine if it’s worth our time and credits.

MISSION / EXECUTION
  • OBJECTIVE ONE: Locate the Ghost Ship beyond Batuu.
  • OBJECTIVE TWO: Assess the Ghost Ship; and if possible board the Vessel.
  • OBJECTIVE THREE: Secure the Ghost Ship, and return Vessel to friendly territory.
COMMUNICATIONS
  • Point of Contact: Jaryn Pryde, Thychani Praefectus, CO of the “Sunseeker.”
  • Operational Command: Torian Pierce, Stellar Centurion.
RISKS / CONCERNS
  • Possible Pirate Presence.
  • Possible Astro-Navigational Interference.
  • Unknown.
When the ashes of Bogden began to settle, Torian Pierce and his Cohort were censured for their actions during the Golden Company's thrust into Mandalorian-held space. They acted on their own accord by bombarding the surface of one of the many moons and slaughtering countless souls who dwelled below. It made their mission - after they had swatted away the trifling influence of the Sith - all the harder, as they cleansed the system of the Mandalorian's reviled presence. The people disliked those meddling in their affairs, and the situation was made worse when kindred blood was shed. So, the Stellar Centurion was forced to make amends. Not only to the disparate peoples of Bogden and her many moons but to the Golden Company after that. It was the Thyrsian way after a warrior failed to follow through with the commands of their Warchief.

Thus, to atone for his misdeeds, Torian and his subordinates were tasked with chasing down stories and myths surrounding vessels that haunted the stars. It was believed that through these enigmatic vessels, the Thyrsians would come to understand what truly happened during the battle. As well, they'd learn how the Mandalorians were able to conjure the spirits of their dead. They had the sensor profile and the recordings that showcased the warship gaining a corporeal form; literally reassembling itself from a ruined hulk. However, despite all the evidence they accumulated, something was missing. Through the process of elimination, it was decreed that one of these vessels needed to be captured for study. Perhaps with something similar in their hands, the Thyrsians would be able to reach enlightenment - and possibly replicate their finds.

If the Mandalorians could bring forth the spirits of their ancestors through some unknowable means, what would stop the Scions of Thyrsus from doing the same?

So, there he stood- with gilded arms crossed before his gleaming breastplate, and staring into the bespeckled canvas of space before him. He oversaw several excursions beyond the Outer Rim in search of these fabled Ghost Ships, yet, found himself left with more questions than answers at every turn. That was until his underground connections gave him something more credible than the hushed whispers of the superstitious and cowardly. Through the grapevine, Torian learned of a gigantic vessel haunting some minor trade route near the distant world and outpost of Batuu. It was said that the starship suddenly appeared from the darkness of the void and swallowed whatever stood in its path.

Those that managed to survive these encounters brought word and even contracted several mercenary outfits in the hopes of dealing with this astro-navigational threat. Most, if not all of these disparate warbands were lost after encountering this mysterious starship. It painted a grim picture for the Crew of the 'Sunseeker' and their Sun Guard overlords. Would they survive, where others perished? Would they overcome what darkness gripped this seemingly ancient vessel? Only time and the Force itself could tell…

Ca9gwSO.png

The Ghostship had been found. After what seemed like an age, the Crew of the 'Sunseeker' found itself staring into the depths of proverbial madness as the distant, darkened warship aimlessly drifted before their raptorial corvette. As the muster sounded, and those would-be adventurers rallied to the dropship, all that remained was for those aboard to choose the point of insertion. From there, Torian would oversee and guide their progress through the dreadnaught. He would utilize the various subsystems of their blockade runner and the probes that were sent to scour the ancient vessel's surface.

What they did, and how they reacted to the unfolding situation before them, rested atop their shoulders. Through the actions of the few, those Sun Guards would ultimately determine the outcome of this dangerous sojourn into the depths of a forbidden reliquary that claimed the souls of the lost.

Insertion Points:
  • Starboard Hangar Bay: Despite the Vessel’s apparently lack of power, the magnetic atmospheric shielding was still active around a singular hangar bay on the starboard-side of the starship. Through here, it’s possible to sweep through the voidcraft and scour it’s cavernous halls in search of answers.
  • Engineering Deck: The outer hull of the Ghostship is breached through means unknown, and any traces of what caused such a gouge in the starship have long gone dark. Through this wound, it’s possible to restore power to the entirety of the vessel and perhaps bring light to the darkness of space.
  • Tertiary Crew Deck: Once reserved for crew shuttles and cargo transports, this section of the craft has long gone silent. Should this vessel hold true to the standard conventions of ship-building, it would be possible to reach the proverbial heart of this massive vessel.
| @The Golden Company | @Interested Faction "Boarding Parties." | @Brave Adventurers |

Ophelia

O
OBJECTIVE: Board the Ghost Ship
DEPLOYMENT: Tertiary Crew Deck
EQUIPMENT: Simple purple robes, Apollo
COMPANY:
  • Nephelion Arkson - Stellar Decanus
  • Aarson Fenri - Stellar Legionnaire
  • Nammah Fenri - Stellar Legionnaire
  • Greed Halsome - Stellar Legionnaire
  • Dorian Ricken - Sun Guard Initiate
"Just take the damn pistol woman."
"I don't even know how to use the damn thing. Why should I use one when I could potentially injure any one of you?"
"As long as you don't point it in the wrong direction, you will be fine."
"Then how do you suppose I carry it? I have no holster."
"One can be provided."
"Neph, you ca-"
"We are on official business."
"Stellar Decanus Nephelion, I do not require a weapon. I have my skills with Magic."
"And if those fail, you have a back up. If you don't take it, then you won't go."

A cross look was aimed at the fully armored man in powered assault gear. He carried enough weapons to be a walking armory, battle rifle, two pistols, and another rifle like weapon on his back. Not to mention the other Legionnaires that were also here. However, it seemed one of the men here was in different armor. Likely because he was a trainee. Rolling my eyes, one of the men came up. Clearly the man who carried the heavier weapons, and had enough ammo for himself and three more people.

"Orders to roll out in five."
"Thank you. Continue preparing"
"Girly here needs to do so too."
"Keep talking, and I'll send you flying across the hangar."
"Give it a sh-"
"Quiet! I will not have my men arguing like children. Legionnaire, Go prepare. I will handle Initiate Corvus."

A stern look from the dark skinned man was all I needed to return the favor. I was not happy with this situation. I was not required to wear a weapon on my person before. So why now? However, I reached out and took the pistol from the golden gauntlet of the man who was overseeing me. Shaking my head in disappointment, I reached over to my side. A holster flying from where it had settled on, and attached it to my belt. Holstering the weapon, and hiding it ever so slightly under the front fold of my robe. Sitting right where my appendix is within my body. I made sure it was secure then looked back up to the almost towering form of Nephelion. His helmet nodded in acceptance with what was done. He then moved over with the other soldiers who were within his company.

However, the Sun Guard Initiate stood alone. Preparing his own rifle and pistol. Walking over to him, I decided to speak lightly.

"Why are you not in the same armor, or have the same weaponry?"
"Huh? Oh sorry. I- uh- I haven't earned my place yet. Got three months left before I can be considered a Legionnaire. Even then, I could still be stuck here."
"Three months? How long have you been an Initiate?"
"Nine Ma'am. One year of service is required before I could be considered for a promotion."
"I am not your superior. Don't call me Ma'am."
"Yes Ma-"

The younger man stopped himself. I could see the nervousness on his face. Even feel it within his heart. The wild emotions he had not learned to control. He feared the operation, or was just overall nervous at the prospect of being on a deployment.

"Relax. Ghost stories are fake from what I hear. We are just going to show up and turn the ship on then be fine."
"That obvious?"
"Very. Now put on your helmet and steele yourself. We leave in less than five."
"Initiate Corvus, you are not giving orders to my men are you?"
"No. Just curious of why he has different gear. He answered the question."
"Worry about yourself. Get your gear and go."

Without another word, I started to make my way towards our gunship. I already had all I needed. However, the rest of them were the ones who needed to seemingly grab enough weaponry for a full battle.

[member="Khonsu Amon"],

U6ysTF2.png
i3ZgJBb.png
UgzTZ2B.png
Gear: Normal Garbs, x2 VW-03 Apollo
Allies: Stellar Decanus Trevor Steele & Company
pzfMYpU.png
The galaxy was no stranger to mysterious and unknown phenomena taking place in the deep reaches of space. The sheer magnificence of such events usually brought one tale of truth and many tales of glorified legend. Those that created the rumors of such occurrences, in turn created an opportunity for many to become adventurers and heroes. Even as the latter attempted most of these ventures towards the grandiose phenomenon, few returned. It took time for most of the renowned stories to become a frightening legend. Which in all aspects slowly lost it's allure as a opportunity and more of a death sentence to those still curious enough to explore the unknown. Even so, the words of woven horror would eventually reach a larger and more prepared group of individuals that would go steadfast into the darkness that awaited.
The "Sunseeker" was a vessel of the Golden Company's ingenuity and clever architectural design for space travel. Within it's steel and golden coated walls rested many squads of Sun Guards. They were capable and distinguished in their own right. They were what made the bulk of the Golden Company's militant numbers. Among them was a light, ebony skinned woman kneeling at the center of the hangar bay corridor. Her garbs were almost tinted with tiny specks of golden lines flowing through the outsides of her linens. Her back was straightened and her arms held stiffly in place as she continued to pray. The rough shake of the Sunseeker almost toppled her over, but her hands remained clasped together. The silence that encompassed the corridor allowed for the light whispers to travel as she spoke.
"Goddess of the Sun, may you continue to guide me. Help us break the chains of those still seeking refuge from tyranny, may we cleanse our enemies in the fires of the sun. Continue to break apart the darkness, especially now. We are in the face of evil here, we asked for this my goddess, show us the sun in these uneducated times. Hear my prayer, grace us with your gifts and most of all guide others as you have guided me."
Vatari could feel it before she stopped her prayer. The eyes of another rested upon her from the doorway of the hangar. The heavily armored warrior leaned against the border of the doorway and sneered. Vatari knew exactly who it was, Trevor Steele. He was man of action, hope and faith had no place in his everyday life. The Golden Company valued him in many ways though. He was a great leader, despite his aggressive tactics and antics when it came to training. He was one of the better deserved warriors of the title Stellar Decanus. Still, Vatari didn't understand his hatred for her other than her beliefs. It was fine with Vatari that mostly everyone else denounced their faith, it didn't force her to get ugly or rude with those in the ranks of the Golden Company. The same wasn't true for the opposing side of that argument.
"They're dead, you're speaking to nothing. No one is listening, not even your precious Goddess." Trevor's voice was raspy, filled with grit. Years of smoking had forced the tonality of his voice to change. He was by no means significantly older, but old enough to be self aware of the change. Trevor grunted and sighed as he stood straight in his gleaming armor. His hair almost matching the color of his suit. "Suit up buttercup, we've got work to do."
Vatari refused to retaliate, if she did, there would be severe ramifications. She had proven herself as a valuable asset to the Golden Company. In the short time she had been with the company, Vatari had fulfilled multiple tasks and bounties. That was neither here nor there, right now, they had to vanquish the unknown. Tales of a haunted ship was circulating throughout the Batuu sector of space. To keep a particular trade route safe the Sunseeker continued to patrol through the popular trade line of space. It took hours before a misty film swallowed the stars ahead. The Ghost Ship had finally revealed itself.
Vatari's eyes snapped open, the whispers of another finally reaching her as she still knelt in silence.
Go Forth With Fire...
"Yes, I will cleanse them all."
[member="Ophelia"] | [member="Khonsu Amon"]​

Boluc Laar

B
Tags: [member="Khonsu Amon"] | [member="Vatari Syndal"] | [member="Ophelia"]

Using time to find myths and legends instead of scorching lands by the power of the sun.

How...productive.

Aulkren sat amongst the warriors of the Sun as perhaps the most backwards soldier in their ranks. He relied on primitive means rather than the efficiency of today’s modern age technology in the wide Galaxy, though when living in a regressive environment such as Kro Var, home to the elemental shapers and benders, it can be understood why one would pickup a bow with its quiver rather than a blaster pistol. His weapons matched as much to his own armor with it being lightweight, and no weapons or other advanced modifications to complement it. His taste in combat was maybe mediocre, but he carried one thing that set him apart from many and made him a valuable asset.

The power to summon the flames of the sun. To create fire from within and master it impressed the Thyrsians and even garnered praise as they were very zealous of fire and the twin suns of Thyrsus. Not only was his innate talent used for combat, but for art as well.

A dance of flames or juggling fireballs would be more entertained by Aulkren than chasing ghosts in a region far away from proper civilization. The thought of a ghost ship was almost out of the reach of his mind; however, he did remember that most Sith Lords and their maternal figures could easily cheat death on any day of the week. Still, his opinion was on that this expedition would carry little reward for them. And to his surprise they actually found a legend, only thing left to do was bring it before the Supreme Sun Guardian to amend the mistakes the crew had committed.

”Surely he who gleams more than my pyre could have found another disciplinary form,” the Lightsworn Shaper commenter to himself around, not showing concern if he’d been heard. As he understood the crew of the Sunseeker were to be divided into three companies, and so he chose to venture for the engineering deck of this ghost ship. He was no engineer, though perhaps his fire could help in someway to restore power to the vessel.

Surya Almasi

S
Surya Almasi, Flamedancer
Equipment: A set of daggers, Apollo Solar Ionisation Pistol, 'Barbican' Shield Generator, Gel Packets & Belt Attachments, Fibrecord Whip, Scramble Key, Data Breaker, Thermal Detonators (x4), Fragmentation Grenades (x2), Medpac

Objective: Starboard Hangar Bay

Interacting with: None

dlJNZ6y.png

Even as the strident blare of the klaxon continued to resonate across the cavernous bay of the Sunseeker, Surya stayed where she stood ever since their vessel has discovered the slumbering dreadnaught. Its beleaguered form in the distance was nigh imperceptible, in a manner akin to how shadows flickered in and out of view against the backdrop of the night, revealing itself every now and then when its hull caught the faraway light of a star.

While the young ember had enjoyed fables and myths when she was a mere youngling sitting by Arash’s side, both their eyes wide with wonderment as the storyteller spun tales of saviours and miracles through their minds, Surya has had her eyes opened to harsh reality of life. So even while her mind continued to weave and conjure stories of vengeful spirits long dead and their unresolved grudges, the young woman knew it was merely her fanciful imaginings playing on her unspoken fear of the dark and unknown.

With a blade, a pistol and other necessary implements for forging a path ahead, Surya was prepared to depart for the ghost ship at any time. And though she missed the spicewarm presence of her younger brother by her side, Arash had more than earned his reprieve. Well, she would just have to ensure she performed to the best of her abilities and find something worthy of retelling on this mission, and perhaps discover a trinket or few to dangle in front of him. A flare of exhilaration sparked within her once more even as Surya made her way towards the dropship, a smile of carefree joy curving her lips as she did.

[member="Khonsu Amon"] | [member="Ophelia"] | [member="Vatari Syndal"] | [member="Aulkren Yoso"]

iPneeZs.png

382e70c10de83c5b6a4e5291a696db6d.png

[SIZE=9pt]DROPSHIP // GCV[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] "[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Sunseeker[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Armor[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Auxila Combat Suit[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Weapons[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Helius BR[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] | Dissuader KD-30 ([/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Xenoboric[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]) | MM9 Rocket System ([/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Escalation Rocket[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]) | [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Xiphos Vibroblad[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]e[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Status[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: Relieved[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Nearby[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: [member="Khonsu Amon"] | [member="Surya Alamasi"] | [member="Ophelia"] | [member="Vatari Syndal"] | [member="Aulkren Yoso"][/SIZE]
UQdU2QC.png

The woman’s golden-encased form leaned against the exterior hull of the dropship, arms folded over one another in some silent prayer to an outsider. Illyria wasn’t religious, far from it...especially now. Though, that did not stop the woman from speaking a silent vow to herself to be strong and to do what was needed of her...what was necessary of her. The zabrak knew that she could not simply stand aside in fear at the possibility if she did something wrong. Khonsu was forgiving, though she wasn’t accompanying Khonsu on this venture. Instead, she was accompanying a thyrsian woman named ‘Surya Alamasi.’ She did not know whom this woman was, though Illyria trusted Khonsu and she trusted whatever he thought was right to allow for her to grow. Including being under the tooleage and command of this Ms. Alamasi.

Her right hand felt heavy with the added attachment. The scion of house Syresh has opted to utilize a rocket system with her armor to give her added power and strength. Her training with Alixandra has proven to her that her strength was lacking greatly...after all, she relied on her armor to make up for her weak physical power. Something that she could not do. Illyria would take it in small steps at first, such as utilizing heavier equipment on her person and disabling some of the strength enhancements in the suit...with the Supreme Sun Guardian’s advice of course. She did not want to damage the armor that she wore after all.

Illyria felt the weight of the armor resting on her form, with some systems purposefully disabled, it allowed her muscles to work themselves instead of allowing them to be slothful with the exoskeleton of the power armor. The blue-skinned zabrak brought her golden eyes to look upwards towards the approaching figure of Surya Alamasi, extending out her left hand to the woman in the offer of a handshake. With the handshake came the retraction of the lower mandible of her helmet, revealing the blue skin of her chin and a smile, with nothing else visible.

Hello there, I am Illyria and I’m assuming you are Surya, according to the file the Supreme Sun Guardian gave me?

Horus Vespasian

H

Objective: Researching and securing the 'Ghost' vessel
Part of: The Golden Company, Sun Guard, Legio VII
Adversary: Unknown

dlJNZ6y.png

Bright light of red, purple and blue was tearing apart reality in maelstrom of energy, soundless. A small ship leaves hyperspace at its designated coordinates and jumps into real space, immediatly firing its sublight engines and proceeding with its way to the taller Hemiolia. The dropship was steered by two pilots who were doing their duty since a long while already and they simply voiced that they would need two more minutes till arrival.

In the crew space of the assault shuttle, Horus was reading the datapad provided for him to get briefed for the upcoming mission. He has read it several times now, but still wasn´t sure if he had grasped the sense of boarding an un-manned ship which had no defined owner or operator. He wasn´t particularly eager for this exploration, but kept his thoughts to himself of course, Horus knew his duties and took them serious. Within the defined parameters of necessarity of course.

Two of his brothers were in the compartment as well as an initiate. forming the only part of the legion he took with himself to this mission. They were busy checking their equipment, looking after their ammo and armour to make sure that they were ready for any possible outcome of this new adventure. The Initiate seemed a bit nervous, adjusting the neckguard with his hands again and again. His ebony skin looked slightly sweaty while looking at his blaster, again.

"Keep calm, Urias." The tall Sun Guard officer was suddenly standing in front of the young aspirant. Horus was looking down on him with a friendly expression on his face. "Stick to us, watch us, follow your orders and you will get back. Just remember your training and have faith in yourself."

He was interupted by a metallic sound and a light shaking of the ship. They were docking at the Sunseeker and the others in the compartment made ready, standing up and putting their helmets on, sealing their power armour. Following the example of his legionnaires, the Tribune put on his crested helmet, looking into the activating tactical display, portraying a variety of information of his surroundings.

After the lock had opened, the four companions moved into the other ship, their heavy boots cracking on the metallic floor of the ship in perfect harmony, even the aspirant seemed to be able to keep pace and rhythm. Tribune Horus Vespasian moved through the corridors of the ship, marching to the bridge where he hoped to find Centurion Pierce, the operation commander.

Upon entering the bridge, he removed his helmet by placing it in the hand with which he held his shield and headed towards the command station.
"Tribune Vespasian reporting in."

[member="Khonsu Amon"] | [member="Illyria Syresh"] | [member="Surya Almasi"] | [member="Aulkren Yoso"] | [member="Vatari Syndal"] | [member="Ophelia"]

Ca9gwSO.png
Torian oversaw missions before. While they may have been smaller scale, in the grand scheme of things, all that changed was how many pieces were moving atop the ever-shifting board. He dealt with the myriad variables that arose during the prolonged scenario and adapted to them with years of ingrained skill and training.

However, that finesse was lost to him now; forever a part of his memories and never again to be apart of the present. The pain engine nailed into the back of his skull had a bad habit of bleaching his mind of all sensation and emotion, save for the sweet rush of adrenaline and the fiery kiss of rage. That infernal device made it hard to focus, and even harder to devise grand strategies like before the implantation. In many ways, it was humiliating to have been brought so low after a promising career in the First Order. But despite everything he’d been through, Torian came to terms and was ultimately content with the golden opportunity that Khonsu bequeathed. Even with the primitive cybernetic dreadlocks, and utterly malign combat implants that rendered him into nothing more than a mindless berserker on the battlefield, there was something salvageable beneath that barbaric veneer.

It was with that notion in mind, that the Stellar Centurion turned his crimson-stained gaze towards the Shipmaster; who stood opposite of him with a datapad in hand. “Have the probe droids returned from their preliminary sweeps?” the man asked, his voice taking on the timbre of a rocky avalanche.

The Shipmaster nodded, before sweeping his hand across the crystalline surface of his device, sending the information to the hololithic table situated between the two figures. A holographic image materialized, with several flickering gaps around a crimson-bound starship rife with the rolling lines static despoiling the projection. “While it’s far from a perfect picture, we’ve recovered a detailed analysis of several sectors along the starship’s exterior. The probe droids also recorded some strange interference near the forward sections of the vessel’s hull, but their sensors and ours couldn’t penetrate the hull. There were a dozen breaches near the central decks, but only three seemed stable enough to land an insertion team.”

“If only we brought a Spearship or two,” Torian muttered, as he ran a hand through the cyber-crest adorning his tattooed scalp.

“Sadly, that requisition order was denied. It seems that our Lord Khonsu wanted them all for some mission in the Core Regions,” the Shipmaster replied. “With that being said, however, there doesn’t seem to be an issue with the dropship or the corvette we were given. Everything’s in tip-top shape, Centurion, and will see us through to the end.”

“I wasn’t concerned about that,” the Hulking Figure spat. “I simply wanted to finish this task and go home. My skull feels like it’s on fire.”

Jaryn, the Thychani Praefectus and Shipmaster of the ‘Sunseeker’ simply nodded in reply. The man wasn’t sure of what to say and figured it was for the best to change the subject; lest he earned the Butcher’s ire.

“I’ve taken the liberty of uploading the data garnered by the probes to several companion droids that’ll accompany the Sun Guard into the ship. They’ll be able to peruse the information at their leisure and determine which insertion point is the best for them.” Without even waiting for a response, the Shipmaster glanced at the materialized projection, before letting his gaze return to the datapad betwixt his fingers. “It seems most of the Sun Guard have assembled near the Dropship, shall I connect you to one of the droids on the hangar deck?”

Torian nodded.

torianhologram_1.png
As the Sun Guard gathered atop the ‘Sunseeker’s flight deck, the Stellar Centurion’s broken, and armoured visage flickered to life. It was projected onto the various visors of those who were helmed and emitted from the glimmering crimson photoreceptors of the gathered exploratory companion droids. “Comrades,” Torian began. “We’ve been cooped up aboard this bloody vessel for some time now, and finally, the first leg of our journey has come to an end. We’ve located our target, and have located three stable points of entry. However, there isn’t much else our probes have been able to scan, as some strange anomalies are occurring near the starship’s bow. There is minimal power, and life support systems are expected to be nonexistent, so wear yer damn helmets and use your armour’s mag-boots.”

“I won’t bore you with the other details that came with the preliminary reports that you can review at your leisure, as I bet y’all want to board that ship and get this adventure started. Board the transport and get aboard the damned ship however you see fit. The pilot will drop you off wherever you desire. Pair up if you have too, and work in packs. I don’t want to have to swim through space to get your sorry asses if you get lost, or get killed.”

“Well,” Torian said, his voice becoming rife with irritation. “Let’s get this over with.”
| [member="Ophelia"] | [member="Vatari Syndal"] | [member="Aulkren Yoso"] | [member="Surya Almasi"] | [member="Horus Vespasian"] |​
UoQqRnS.png
Please see the opening post for the three possible insertion points. Make your choice and then please feel free to write your character making their entry aboard the vessel. Power's failing, and the vast, labyrinthine corridors are darkened by the fading crimson emergency lights. There's also an eerie, almost palpable sense of dread that teases your thoughts as you disembark the dropship.
Welcome, to the Reliquary of the Lost.

Surya Almasi

S
Surya Almasi, Flamedancer
Equipment: Hoplon Combat Powersuit, a set of daggers, Apollo Solar Ionisation Pistol, 'Barbican' Shield Generator, Gel Packets & Belt Attachments, Fibrecord Whip, Scramble Key, Data Breaker, Thermal Detonators (x4), Fragmentation Grenades (x2), Medpac

Location: Onboard the Dropship, GCV Sunseeker, Unknown Region

Interacting with: [member="Illyria Syresh"]

dlJNZ6y.png

The young ember blinked when she caught a voice hailing her over the soft murmurs of her brethren. With a smile playing at the corners of her lips and her eyes lighting up with curiousity, Surya made her way towards the smaller figure waiting for her. Though she was not as amiable or as charming as her younger brother, the flamedancer was always pleased to pause and exchange a word, or to greet and welcome a new being into their ever-growing family.

With a vivid grin and a final skip forward, Surya leaned forward gracefully to peer down at the slender figure before her. Her own briefing had mentioned that she would be entrusted with taking one of the newer recruits under her own fledgling wing, and while she still held a faint sense of apprehension for such a responsibility, she considered it an honour. It meant that her skills has been appraised, and she has been found adequate to not only hold her own in a conflict, but also to aid and guide another.

Well met, Illyria~” she said in brightly, taking the other’s own hand between her two and shaking it with much enthusiasm. “And you thought right, though if you have a file of me from our Lord Khonsu, it would explain much.” Surya canted her head to a side playfully even as she regarded the other woman. But before she could continue, the scarred mien of the Stellar Centurion flickered to life before them.

Surya stayed obligingly silent as the older male disseminated what little information that they had discovered of the Ghost Ship. With her nose wrinkled and brows furrowed at the mention of the lack of life support onboard, the young ember merely sighed and nodded to herself. At least her armour was already set aside and prepared in the eventuality that such a situation arose.

Well, I’ll see you on the dropship then, Illyria? Save a place for me.

[member="Khonsu Amon"] | [member="Ophelia"] | [member="Vatari Syndal"] | [member="Aulkren Yoso"] | [member="Horus Vespasian"]

Equipment: Modified EVA suit, backpack toolbox, bits and bobs
Objective: Engineering Bay
Tag: [member="Aulkren Yoso"] | [member="Khonsu Amon"]

-----

Olive was uncharacteristically quiet for the first bit. Well, perhaps not so uncharacteristic considering she'd largely been admiring the suits of power armor and the engineering of the vessel she found herself on -- as well as mentally improving each aspect of it all. That power core could be more efficient, their weapons could be lighter... part of her was excited to work with a group that had such very nice things. Part of her hoped that she'd be able to join them, work with them to create projects of incredible value.

For now, though, the small young woman had been contracted to help out with this whole ghost ship operation -- with a little help from her Golden Company connections of course. She was just as excited to see the old and decrepit as she was to see the shining and new. Who knew what treasures they might unearth? What things she'd be able to tamper with, what she might be able to bring back to her shop and study, create something new... after all, it was always about moving forward with Olive. Technology could never regress, and neither would the young mechanic.

So it was awfully cruel of them to strap her into a chair on a dropship. Well, she strapped herself in, they just told her to get in the thing, but that was besides the point. In any case, she needed something to distract her. She didn't need to look far -- the man sitting beside her was fascinating enough. "Is that a bow?" Surprisingly enough, the young woman had never actually seen one in person before. They were a thing of the past. She'd heard about those who might use them on occasion or tales of such long-lost hunters, but an actual bow... truly fascinating. "In the void your projectiles won't be slowed down at all... I mean, slugthrowers work the same too. Just blasters that aren't as neat. Silly things." The young woman shrugged, her blue eyes sparkling lightly as she continued to study the man. And his things.

Horus Vespasian

H
Location: Unknown Regions; 45 Parsecs away from Batuu, Sunseeker
Objective: Researching and securing the 'Ghost' vessel
Part of: The Golden Company, Sun Guard, Legio VII
Adversary: Unknown
dlJNZ6y.png

Listened to the briefing first hand while not standing far from the speaker. Torian was a storm kept in a piece of paper, his brute energy appeared to just be held back a slightlyness of things. It was like trying to keep a supernova calm. Horus was wondering why they didn´t use him to his full extent and gave him operational command. He would do much better leading a cohort at the very front of any conflict which you want to see finished soon.

Listening to what he already read on his datapad, he was considering his entry to the ship. He was no engineer, for sure and wasn´t very eager to dwell among machines and engines he didn´t understand. Without thinking much further about it, the Tribune decided to use the Crew Deck as a suitable entrance. It was the shortest way to what was considered to be the bridge and if some guys were to restore power, it would work just wonderful if someone had secured the control centre of the ship to find out what the hell was going on.

"We will secure the bridge after entering through the crew deck, Centurion." He just gave a brief nod to the operations commander, before turning and leaving again, taking with him the Lance he brought and heading to the hangar of the Sunseeker. During the walk through the guts of the Golden Company´s ship, Horus was casually talking to his comrades, something between briefing and joking to be somewhere else - it definitely made the Initiate laugh nervously. On a private frequency, Horus repeated his earlier mantra for the young one.

The dropship departs form the Sunseeker to bring the team to their destination, everyone fully armed and armoured now, the large golden figures were sitting sealed in their protective suits and breeding in their own thoughts, fighting the worst enemy of any soldier: waiting and thinking while you had no influence on either and couldn´t do shit.

Through the vox the pilots voice echoed after there was a series of metallic clicking and cracking noises. "Ready for disembark. Good luck."

Vacuum. No gravity. There wasn´t much what Horus hated, but those two definitely belonged to it. At least during a combat mission or something which could become a combat mission. At some point. Maybe. Who knows. This could simply be a dead piece of metal after all.
In the moment he moved into the corridor behind a short drift through a hole until his magnetic boots were activated, this feeling of jesting and boredom was gone, entirely. The cold, dark corridors were partly lighted by red lights which seemed to go out every second. Worse was the smell or rather the feeling of a smell, because you ain´t smell in space. It was fear in the non-existant air. Fear and dread and this put every little hair on Horus neck in a standing position.

His companions apparently felt the same. They are battle hardened and know their trade, but each of them was having his weapons ready and checking every shadow while they slowly proceeded through the corridor.

@Khonus Amon | [member="Illyria Syresh"] | [member="Aulkren Yoso"] | [member="Vatari Syndal"] | [member="Ophelia"] | [member="Olive Theila"]

Equipment: Gilded durasteel armor, Dawnfire
Near:[member="Surya Almasi"] ; [member="Illyria Syresh"]

541e726.png

Kallisto listened as the grizzled warrior gave off commands for departure to the ghost ship. She did a last check of her armor before donning a golden helmet. It was in the shape of an owl's face, and allowed her ponytail through the back before sealing. She felt her sword, her Dawnfire, sheathed at her hip. The Thyrsian woman looked to a couple of her comrades, both female. She turned to them, first wanting to speak to them before making a small gesture to herself. She hated being unable to speak. She raised her hands and began signing with them.

Greetings. I am Kallisto. She started off, Need Sign reader to be partner. Can't speak.

She gestured to her throat to make a point. She saw others starting to shuffle to the departing crafts. She turned once more to her two compatriots. She hoped that at least someone would be able to understand her. She did not want to be the lone mute. Even she knew not to do this alone.

Need answer quick. She signed, Depart soon for starboard insertion point.

Boluc Laar

B
Allies: [member="Khonsu Amon"] | [member="Olive Theila"]
Objective: Get this bread

It would be rather foolish for the Shaper to come without the proper equipment for this situation. As regressive he was in terms of technology he did have a reserve of oxygen in his helmet and mag-boots on his feet. There were other features that he could work with, but they were few and little. Spared him from doing any actions that compromised himself or the other warriors he lived with. He already suffered enough to be deep in the unknown void for this long, no need to add more time in being this region of space.

A woman, that seemed rather out of the ranks of the Sun Guards, spoke to him on the topic of his bow. Interesting, many would open conversations with what awaits them on this Ghost Ship. What treasure they would discover and what fiends they would encounter, and yet this woman wanted to talk about his bow? Interesting, very peculiar. Must be new to the crew is what he could assume. Many have asked him about his primitive taste with weapons and technology, and none have asked him any questions of the sorts until now. It wasn’t the only thing too. He also carried twin broadswords on his person, sheathed away.

”Thank you?” was the only answer Aulkren could give back. Along with being primitive with technology he was also ignorant in sciences. All he could understand was that his arrows would have greater speed in space. Good news for him. His golden brown eyes caught the woman’s own that were just staring at him and his personal belongings. Looking at him as if he was extraterrestrial or came out from a whole other universe.

”Is there something I can help you with, Miss...”

”Where to, Yoso?”

”Wherever that takes us to the engineering deck.”

U6ysTF2.png
Desired Entry Point: Engineering Deck
Engineering Deck Allies: Stellar Decanus Trevor Steele & Company, [member=Aulkren Yoso] | [member=Olive Theila]
i3ZgJBb.png

Vatari moved quick to the armory on the opposite side of the hangar bay. Had she considered that preparation was more important than her daily prayer, she wouldn't have Trevor Steele jumping down her throat for her untimely arrivals on a regular basis. Still, it was necessary; at least for her. In the grand scheme of things Vatari was the only one that held onto faith. After everything that happened with the Thyrsians renouncing their gods, she seemed to get through enslavement by following the guidance of one. She couldn't just let go like the rest, instead she had to trust in her faith of the Goddess that helped her. Of course, most people refused to listen to her banter. Most of her own people would even wave Vatari off, calling her crazy and that she wouldn't find anything by praying in a galaxy as cruel as today's. Although, Vatari knew cruelty, in fact; glimpses of the daily torture she went through could put most people into a state of madness. Maybe, just maybe if she kept praying and fulfilled the goddess's needs, she would show herself to others in the company. Vatari knew it was a long shot, but something would eventually give way, it was only a matter of when.
With a quick tap and a fast pull a large bracket released. The slim alteration to the Golden Company's Auxilia Combat Suit was perfect for her. She examined it for only a quick second before suiting up. The small interlocking mechanisms pressed around her small, toned frame. With a quick hiss, whatever excessive air that remained sprayed outward and decompressed around her limbs tightly. Before she glanced downward, she reached for one of her main missing pieces, the golden battle helmet. It gleamed in the light, the crest of a shining yellow reflecting back at her without any regard for her eyes. It was bright, but even through the annoyance a half-smile curled on her lips. Vatari could see it, within the short instance of bright reflection, a sea of flames told a story through her natural green eyes. The goddess spoke to her only a few moments ago and now it was time to purge the silent void of space with her gifts.
Rushed and determined, she shifted her free arm upward and tucked her frizzy hair into the back end of her body armor. Seconds following she lifted the helmet above her head and lowered it, snapping it into place before a jolt of lights began to spark to life. A tiny twinge of relief escaped her with a breath, she did everything so quick she wasn't sure if she missed anything. Clearly, she was suited up and almost ready to go. She moved to the closer end of the door frame of the armory and reached for the only thing left to equip. Two VW-03 Apollo pistols moved to each side of her magnetic utility belt. Along side them were normal hitches for other potential items, but she didn't want to waste anymore time before exiting to board the ghost ship.
zONYIqi.png
The Sunseeker slid into place as the Vatari entered into the back end of the hangar bay. Those enlisted to the Golden Company stood still, waiting for different moments to disembark onto the lifeless peril before them. A sprawling mini-army of golden, white and yellow remained a consistent theme. This is what it meant to be in the Golden Company, war bands of thick armored fearless men and women storming any adversary head on, even haunting legends. Vatari felt something in the very moment they quietly jumped into the vast array of the stars. Not a feeling of fright or doubt. Instead, as each soldier lifted off the platforms in succession toward the unknown, she felt comfort, comfort in knowing, they would be the heroes.
A bulging man turned around to those in her company, fully suited and ready to go. Stellar Decanus barked his orders over the helmet comms. "Our entry point will be the Engineering Deck. Like we were briefed, there is no source of power emanating from below. We are to bring power to the vessel and proceed with the mission. We drop in 2 Minutes! Keep a clear head and have steady hands. If we are hit with violent opposition kill on sight!" Vatari knew this wasn't going to be that easy. Not to mention she never tried to manifest her gifts into existence with an armored layer around her. Things could get harder than she thought. She had partial knowledge of how to spark power back into the vessels mainframe of electrical workings, but the engine was for a different individual. She couldn't remember the last time she had to suit up, she'd been on a break to advance in other areas of her gifts. Regardless, it made her feel like part of the crew.
The two minutes it took to depart flew by quicker than she thought, the hatch gave way and before she could even consider about staying on board soldiers from behind forced her forward and out into space. Her suit blinked for a quick second as it adjusted her trajectory, the golden squad that accompanied her latched down onto the jagged edges on the side of the starship. A gaping wide hole of pitch black remained within. Vatari inched closer and closer, before finally getting her magnetic boots to latch onto a grate just at the entrance to the hole. She leaned over and began to make her way in further, some of the Sun Guard lagging behind lost her as she continued forward. Swallowed by the shadows, her suit activated into a programmed vision filter, it made out her surroundings as flood lights sparked to life atop her head. A long metal walkway lead inward, most of the damage forcing protrusions from inside the outer walls. The damage was severe and judging by the sensors in her suit, significant enough to alert her of danger. Sharp metal floated into the air, the loss of stable gravity forcing her to be careful not to miss a step. Tapping a few smaller pieces of debris out of her way her flood lights caught something.
"Stellar Decanus, Trevor Steele. This is Vatari Syndal, you need to get in here."
[member=Khonsu Amon"] | [member="Kallisto Heru"] | [member="Horus Vespasian"] | [member="Illyria Syresh"] | [member="Surya Almasi"] |

Objective: Engineering Deck
Tag: [member="Aulkren Yoso"] | [member="Khonsu Amon"] | [member="Vatari Syndal"]

-----

Really, everyone out here was alien to her. Thyrsian culture wasn't something she was the most familiar with -- the things that came out of her shop had no culture, but they did have personality. That was more important to Olive than some grand scheme or group; she cared about the individual, what each little thing had to offer. If this 'alien' was interesting enough -- which he was -- she was willing to give him her attention. His stuff, too.

"You can tell me about your stuff!" The young woman gave a blinding grin. Nothing in this galaxy gave her more pleasure than learning about a new little trinket. "Your armor, and your bow, and everything else. I mean, they're not Thyrsian, are they? Not quite, anyways." Her expression sobered and her blue eyes once again began to scan the man's shinies.

Olive was interrupted by the sound of the intercom, and she was reminded that there could be greater treasures on board this old ghost ship. Had she been interrupted in her shop, well, she'd have put a wrench in between their eyes. Instead on their little ship she was forced to hop to it and get on board.

The young woman followed the ragtag group of Golden Company soldiers and contractors, gliding out of the dropship towards the hulking wreck just outside. She didn't need to maneuver much with her EVA's boosters, so she simply landed lightly on the metal walkway, following the golden soldiers into the ruined ship. She pushed away the small bits of debris in her path -- until she bumped into the woman in front of her, who had stopped for some reason. "What's wrong?" She stood on her toes, peeking over the shoulder of the armored warrior in front of her.

She, too, froze up slightly, but for a completely different reason -- excitement.

Some kind of lost humanoid-esque droid model was stuck to the wall, long having lost power. Its photoreceptors were dark, but Olive's eyes sparkled; it was the first treasure for her to study. She pushed past the other woman and quickly moved over to the ruined droid. Further inspection brought her to the conclusion that it had been sent into the wall by a single strike -- its durasteel chest was burst, just in the way that the wall behind it was broken by the apparent impact. The droid was embedded in the wall, its limbs splayed out in all directions, both its legs hanging onto the torso by a few wires.

The rest of the galaxy fell away as she began to study the dead bot, searching its systems and noting its design -- completely ignoring the spiky red insignia emblazoned on its chest. Signs and culture were for others to study; Olive was here to learn.

Ca9gwSO.png

It was said that Fear is the mind-killer. That, through this most primal of emotions, the most heroic of souls could be ensnared by its frigid grasp. The muscles would seize, paralyzing them in place while the mind found itself bereft of all reason. There was nothing one could do to escape its icy tendrils, for they were encoded within the genetic make-up of every sentient creature. However, there were means to deny this primal, and paralytic embrace. Through a sentient being's own power of will, they'd be able to force their limbs to move; defying the grand design that lay at the heart of their own genesis. With time and exertion, a sentient being could enhance and harden their will - turning it into a metaphysical construct wrought from the most durable iron.

Such a transformation was integral to the core beliefs of the Sun Guard. They felt Fear as any sentient being would, but the more veteran of their gilded confraternity would refute its cloying embrace. They'd utilize their armour, which had an integrated stability mask built into the layered composition, which would assist in regulating the warrior's mind; making them nigh-impervious to the devious tricks of the Jedi and Sith. In addition to the hardware, they would've been pitted against the most terrifying training regimes ever devised by man to ensure that the "rank and file" wouldn't submit to their own fears in the line of duty. The intent was to make them battle-hardened warriors who scoffed in the face of danger and spat in the face of death.

Through the actions of Tribune Vespasian's unit, the intense training showcased itself via their tactical acumen and methodical precision. After they disembarked from the dropship and were ensconced within the stillness of the Tertiary Crew Deck; they swiftly cleared the room with shouldered rifles and floodlights. No contacts were found, nor was the artificial gravity active. Naturally, the Sun Guard adapted to their environment and soldiered on; moving from one adjacent corridor to the next. Boarding actions were one of their specialties and had showcased them on multiple occasions during a myriad of conflicts throughout their phoenician rise to prominence. Thus, one could say this was a cakewalk for those gilded warriors. Especially now that they advanced through the spinal passageways without taking fire from every conceivable direction.

However, the further they advanced into the Reliquary, they would find themselves beset by sealed blast doors marked with fluorescent paint. The markings were strange, and likely never seen by Sun Guard eyes before. Yet, there was something that seemed oddly familiar. These markings might have been signs of passage - another party of brave adventurers that sought to scour the fused wreckage of the Ghost Ship; plundering it's jealously guarded secrets for themselves in a bid to strike it rich. More and more of these strange symbols would mark the fluted bulkheads, as the Tribune progressed. Each becoming more frantically scribbled as if they whoever it was that left signs of their passage was in a rush. It wasn't until the Sun Guard - should they follow the path set out before them - came to a critical junction, that they would find a creature whose digits flared with a fluorescent shimmer.

Whatever this beast was, it wasn't human. The exterior casing of the creature was insectoid in appearance, but it was the multi-faceted eyes that drew a perceptive figure's notice. What passed for its mouth, ringed with fuzzy mandibles, were pulled back in a mocking expression of terror. The creature died, undoubtedly gripped by the tendrils of Fear. Should the party wish to inspect the otherworldly beast, they would find that it was drained of its essence and was seemingly slain hours ago; long before they even arrived. Surrounding its cloven corpse were several rents in the bulkheads and deck plating. Some of the markings matched the creature and were also marked with flecks of fluorescent paint. The others, however, weren't.

Something tore apart this insectoid beast and ravaged its corpse.

In the distance, far from the boundaries of the Sun Guard's motion sensors, that Something stirred...
| [member="Horus Vespasian"] |
Ca9gwSO.png

Sundered by munitions unknown to the Sun Guard and their extensive databanks, the Engineering Deck was opened for all would-be adventurers to see. The bulkheads were seemingly melted inwards, much like how their solarized weapons would treat standardized starship armour plating. However, upon closer inspection, the edges of the rent metal seemed almost organic - as if the acidic maw of some spaceborne predator chewed and spat it's way into the starship. Yet, from the data brought forth by the probe droids, there was no organic residue clinging to the wounded vessel. A curious quandary to those well-versed with an intimate knowledge of weaponry, and their effects on void-bound vessels.

Nevertheless, with a majority of the deck torn asunder by this enigmatic weaponry, there was little that could hide from the cold tendrils of exposure. On the probe droid's first pass over the breach, the artificial construct's sensors couldn't divine any sparks of life. There were no organic bodies, alive or otherwise, that populated the visible sections of the sundered starship. In some respects, such a result was to be expected. Whatever it was that tore through the metallic flesh of the Reliquary caused the interior pressure to violently explode outwards. If there were any personnel within that section of the ship, it was likely they were vented out into the endless nothing of space; never to be found again.

What the droid did find, on the other hand, were several pathways that led deeper into the vessel - with one that seemed promising. Oddly enough, it was a passageway that was marked by the ruined form of an automaton; seemingly burst open and plastered against the, now, free-standing bulkhead. While the droid was segmented and hanging together by mere artificial threads, those with an intimate knowledge of robotics would recognize the make and model of the bisected automaton. It was an older model variant of a 2-1B Surgical Droid - one that likely was centuries old at this point. Industrial Automation had long since stopped producing droid models such as the 2-1B - despite it being one of the most advanced models of medical droids for its time.

The spiked red crest that adorned its breast was the sigil of its trade. The Crimson Cross, or more commonly known as, the Cross of Healing. However, because of the decrepit nature of the sundered construct, the symbol was centuries out of date. Not that it would matter in the grand scheme of things, but perhaps with such enlightenment in hand… it might expedite the reparation process?

Elsewhere in the immediate vicinity, the Sun Guard found themselves traversing an unbroken metal gantry that lanced off into the darkness. Without the invisible tethers of artificially generated gravity to keep the wounded vessel together, broken shards of what once was the bulkheads and inset terminals were scattered amongst the environment. They floated wistfully until given momentum by the intrusive hands of the gilded boarding party but would prove to be of little danger to anyone who wasn't careless as they traversed deeper and deeper into the ruined vessel. Silence gripped the gantry as the Sun Guard advanced into the rapidly diminishing darkness. Not even the muted thumps of their magnetic boots could be heard echoing throughout the dwindling shadows. Yet, it was the voice of an Initiate that shattered the building tension, having located something that deserved the attention of a more experienced eye; which came in the form of her unit's commander.

As the man approached, several curses filtered out of his sealed combat helm. He had seen something like this before and felt a chill worm it's way down his back. If what he saw was what he believed it to be? Then they were walking into danger, and his unit would need to be prepared. That meant rifles would be shoulders, corners would be checked, and their non-combatant attache was to be protected at all costs. After wordlessly giving his order, the Stellar Decanus turned to Vatari and sighed heavily. "What you found, and I hope to the Twin Suns above that I'm wrong," the man began. "Is a Chrysalis of sorts. Judging by its shape, I suspect whatever creature birthed those fibres took one of the Crew. Likely to feed on it whenever the pangs of hunger strike."

"Keep tight. I just hope that webbing doesn't belong to an Energy spider."
| [member="Olive Theila"] | [member="Vatari Syndal"] | [member="Aulkren Yoso"] |

Ca9gwSO.png
From the initial reconnaissance sweep, the combined sensor data gathered by the Probe Droid and the Sunseeker determined that the Starboard Hangar Bay was one of the most suitable insertion points that the boarding parties could choose. The reason for this was because of the active, thrumming magnetic shielding that surrounded the external portal into the seemingly haunted starship. Beyond the flickering containment field, and the pulsating crimson guidance lights lay an inert - but an ultimately breathable atmosphere. While it was true that the Sun Guard would be capable of surviving in the nothingness of the void, due to their vacuum-sealed armour, it was an unspoken relief to have a safe harbour within the Ghostship; no matter how small it may be.

However, such a notion of sanctuary wasn’t exclusive to the Scions of Thyrsus. If rumours were to be believed, this haunted starship stalked the star-ways for centuries. Should such whispers prove to be true, then there were countless opportunities for all manner of creatures to make their nests within that twisted chamber. With the anomalous interference resonating from the forward sections of the vessel, the Probe Droid wasn’t able to confirm any life signs within the ancient derelict. In fact, the only information it was able to glean with any accuracy, was that there was a pressurized environment sealed behind a magnetic containment field. The rest came from idle speculation and previous experience with deep-space salvage missions.

So, it wasn’t until the Thyrsian dropship aligned itself with the Starboard Hangar Bay that the scene beyond the magnetic shielding became apparent. Thick cables snaked across the flight deck, which inevitably led towards a smattering of ancient transports - that bore markings that were utterly alien to the Sun Guard. Their swooping designs also implied their predatory intent. Perhaps they were gunships? Or maybe they belonged to some, now long forgotten race of warriors that once sailed across the stars? The truth was, the answer didn’t matter, for as the Thyrsian dropship drifted closer - disturbing the shadows with dancing stab-lights - those transports were ruined. Their sweeping hulls were punctured by unknown means, and the Sunseeker didn’t have the space, nor equipment, to effectively salvage these predatory derelicts.

:: I ain’t got more room to maneuver,:: the Pilot said over the dropship’s internal comms system. :: So y’all gotta get off here. I’ll stay on station with the stab-lights until y’all get the power going again, and have more than the flickering emergency lighting for ambiance.::

Following the man’s projected words, the blast doors on either side of the dropship slid open and allowed the occupants to disembark and board the Reliquary proper.

| [member="Surya Almasi"] | [member="Illyria Syresh"] | [member="Kallisto Heru"] | [member="Arash Garshasp"] |

Arash Garshasp
Objective: Finding his sister Surya
Engaging: [member=Surya Almasi]
Allies: [member="Khonsu Amon"] | [member="Illyria Syresh"] | [member="Kallisto Heru"]

UQdU2QC.png

His legs stepped over another cargo droid pushing along equipment, hands flared outward to steady his body and Arash expertly landed back on his feet. Toes first he managed to control his next footing and with a quick jump he thrust himself to another quick burst of movement. A few Legionnaires gave a slight pause at the sight of a bundle of strangely unkempt red hair that raced through the corridors, but given the boy’s speed best to simply let someone else attempt to catch up with the youthful and quick Thyrsian. His hair though maintained this rather interesting spikes, two triangle spikes specifically that struck out of his hair evenly on his head. This served to make him appear even more animalistic with how he ran through the corridors.

Arash used his arms expertly to latch across another corner, his body swung with the momentum when his legs kicked and with a graceful jump he was one more again running down the hallways and making quick progress through the ship and towards the hanger-bay and staging area. The distance from there and the Medical center was quite a bit of a run, but Arash had found himself on several pain-killers that stopped the annoying signals that would had told him to slow down.

A large intake of air, Arash slowed himself and started a slow walking pace, his eyes large and burning with a sense of urgency as he scoured the area for his sister. The entire purpose of him leaving the Medical Center so soon was to make sure he saw Surya off to her mission, but he needed to duck from a certain AI as it appeared that the darn computer’s sole purpose was to make his life as difficult as possible. He mocked the voice in his head, telling him to lay down and rest or worse not to practice any combat or dance moves until he was fully healed and allowed to leave the Medical Center.

The idea that it took someone else by Arash to excuse him from the Medical Center never crossed his mind as the young Thyrsain took his leave. Already he sensed a disturbance and worried that the silly AI would drag him back to his medical center room. Where are you Surya? Arash nearly missed the group of Sun Guards marching along and with a quick side step he managed to dodge the heavily armored brethren and slipped past through a workbench. Several ships within the hanger were warming up and Arash worried he had missed his chance.

Then he spotted her hair and her voice broke through and danced towards his ear, with a grin he danced his way past several more cargo-sleds and other Legionnaires. Arash waited for a moment for his sister to finish her conversation before jumping onto her back and latching his arms around his sister. Arash wasn’t under any illusion that she couldn’t sense him approach but the younger brother always hoped one day he could surprise Surya. He didn’t mind the rest of the Legionnaires present either, he could take their teasing later but for now he could say his fare wishes to his sister before her departure.

“My big sis going on her mission without visiting me? I’m hurt.” Arash greeted with a feigned hurt expression as he slowly released his hold on his sister and stepped properly in front of Surya. “Can’t believe that mean computer butterfly lady told me to stay in bed and rest more, barely escaped in time to see you leave!” Arash explained, his smile unabashedly large and his eyes shimmering ruby.

His eyes scanned around him and noted the interesting cast of other Legionnaires and one in particular that seemed to be using her hands for something- Oh! Arash raised his hand signed a simple Hello! with a happy nod added to show his partial understanding. I'm Arash!

"Surya, the Lightsworn has many more interesting people than my Riders" Arash explained as he turned to look back at his sister.

U6ysTF2.png
Objective: Restore Power to the Ship | Find Unknown Threat
Engineering Deck Allies: Stellar Decanus Trevor Steele & Company, [member="Aulkren Yoso"] | [member="Olive Theila"]
pzfMYpU.png
The silence that hung in the air was forced by her bated breath. The organic shape that morphed itself along her path stunned her. Vatari had never seen such a sight.. Motionless to the very thought of pressing forward, she hesitated. Her caution wasn't out of fear, rather common sense. Such displays would mean potential threats that Vatari hadn't come in contact with before. Re-affirming her initial observation, Trevor Steele educated her. The pod-like sac was stretched open, liquids still suspended in the lifeless air. The one thing that really caught her eye, were the sinew tendrils that were spread along the center of the sac and outwards onto the cold duraplast walls. It blocked off a more narrow section of the walkway, but what remained on the opposite side was more worrisome for the group according to the Stellar Decanus.
A thin film of tiny white lines slanted violently downwards toward the next part of missing floor. Vatari inspected it earlier upon walking over it, but until now she realized the severity of the situation. Whatever webbing that was left, might have remained beneath them in other parts of the Reliquary. In turn, if what Stellar Decanus Trevor Steele said was true, this so called energy spider could strike from below. The Sun Guard that came with him would have to be ready for an ambush. Plus, to make matters worse, separation would be key to completing the mission in orderly fashion. If anything, small groups would have to remain on guard. Rifles or not, Vatari had known of such creatures. While she had little knowledge of their birthing and feeding habits, she could remember the Echani Masters discussing issues with several Spice Miners running into them. Blaster Bolts were going to be ineffective against it. Of course, there was always a chance that Trevor Steele was wrong, which Vatari truly hoped.
Still, despite such threat Vatari watched another suited ally force themselves passed her. Although Vatari was captivated by the disgusting organic sac, another; was more fascinated in a old droid outlined on the back far side wall. It was held in place, struck by whatever had forced it's fate to remain on the dead ship, gutted and hung by it's own wires. Vatari carefully moved along, tearing down some of the webbing that remained. The flood lights that tore through some of the encroaching darkness ahead continued to paint a linear path. Regardless, Vatari moved closer to the dismantled droid. The woman inspecting it seemed to be dissecting it in a odd way. Did this woman really plan to come away with something on such a decrepit droid?
Vatari wasn't entirely sure about the make and model, but one thing was the deciding factor. The crest that hung an emblazoned red told it's own story. The shape was of a cross and the more Vatari observed it, the more she realized how much it made sense. A lot of manufactures were notorious for expediting medical protocol droids, it would make sense for a ship like the Reliquary to have one on board at the time of the attack. She placed her hand onto the crest and wiped away some of the soot that remained. She looked at the other woman and explained.
"This droid's insignia." Vatari paused, the static of the comms correcting itself. "It's a representation of healing. It's an old medical droid." Vatari took another moment to consider all possibilities and continued. "While this one might be out of date, I think this droid might have been part of the initial crew. You might be able to access something from it, provided you know how." Vatari almost forgot the most important part of the conversation. "I apologize for my rudeness, I'm Vatari. I don't usually tinker around with droids."
She hoped that what she knew helped. Unfortunately, she couldn't shake the words of Stellar Decanus Trevor Steele.
Energy Spider...
[member="Khonsu Amon"] | [member="Kallisto Heru"] | [member="Horus Vespasian"] | [member="Illyria Syresh"] | [member="Surya Almasi"]

Objective: Engineering Deck
Tag: [member="Aulkren Yoso"] | [member="Vatari Syndal"] | [member="Khonsu Amon"]

Olive wasn't listening. The girl was far more interested in the droid stuck in the wall than whatever was bothering the Sun Guards. The young woman actually had a reprogrammed 2-1B, but she'd been unable to retrieve the data stored in the droid. Miraculously the thing's head remained intact, and such old models were rare and expensive. Olive was not going to pass up a chance to grab a little something for herself.

Tools seemed to pop out of her bag and she poked around at the droid, floating up to its head and beginning to pry at its neck to dislodge it. A few good whacks with a wrench did the job perfectly, then a good tug pulled the droid's head out of the wall. Olive studied it for several moments. The memory drive appeared to be mostly intact, and that was really all that mattered; the corrosion from wear and time hadn't quite reached the inside of the droid's durable skull.

With that concluded she quickly checked over the rest of the droid and determined that there wasn't much of use -- all the old parts were broken or worn out. Olive could make better things in her shop. It was around then that she caught the end of one of the Sun Guard's comments to her. She turned and looked at this 'Vatari', raising an eyebrow slightly before grinning widely. "Hi, I'm Olive!" She'd completely missed the woman's earlier bit about the droid. Honestly, it was dead and no one owned it, so the young woman didn't much care whose symbol might have marked it...

With that done she could actually pay attention, and... well, energy spider. Organic beings were much less fun to dissect. Still, there had to be more things deeper into the ship that she could take apart. "Let's go to the power generator, see if I can boot it up." She bounced down the hall, following the golden soldiers as they forged on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom