Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location The Reef, Sithspawn Sanctuary

Status
Not open for further replies.
will you sink down to me?
e4lTzMh.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To establish a Sithspawn refugee camp into Chaos lore as a central location in the unfolding Coruscant Sanctuary storyline
  • Image Credit: Star Wars the Old Republic (x) | Clockwork City & Homestead, Elder Scrolls Online (x, x, x, x, x, x) | Detroit: Become Human (x, x)
  • Canon: /
  • Permissions: /
  • Links: The Works (SWTOR) | Veshok Terrace Apartments | Kel-Mar

SETTING INFORMATION
  • Structure Name: The Reef
  • Classification: Industrial power plant
  • Affiliation: The Sithspawn Sanctorium
  • Accessibility: The Reef can be accessed through its one entrance, a now-empty elevator shaft leading down into the plant from a run-down neighborhood of the Veshok Terrace Apartments. Nothing except a wire fence (with a typical humanoid-sized hole cut in it) and a two level drop keeps the public out, so theoretically anyone can enter. However, the shaft is somewhat difficult to descend, and most stay away from the factory because of it. However, a safe path down to the lobby entrance has been marked with bright yellow paint to assist Sithspawn occupants. ...At least it’s easier to ascend.
  • Description: Without giving it a closer look, all that can be seen by the average passerby of The Reef is a bad part of the Veshok Terrace neighborhood: a small homeless settlement is set up around an elevator that hasn’t been in use for years.

POINTS OF INTEREST:

Y50LBO4.jpg
A series of makeshift tents, awnings, and fire pits are set up on the landing around the elevator shaft leading down into the factory; though technically outside, this bit of Veshok Terrace Apartments’ territory is unofficially part of The Reef. No one lives up here, but it does serve as a place for Sithspawn to go without straying too far from the relative safety of The Works to breathe fresh(er) air.

gDiI1wD.png
An old lobby is now the main gathering area of Sithspawn that find their way into The Reef.

9e1smKZ.jpg
Used once only as a central hub for monitoring and managing all machinery in the factory, this room has been expanded as a general office and conference space. It is the localized base of operations for Sanctorium business both fiscal and 'fanatical'.

scNfEij.jpg
The current name is entirely misleading, but when one of Damsy’s friends with a penchant for seasoning his Basic with ur-Kittât vocabulary suggested it, she knew that was going to be that. A large hall stretches off the control room. It was used as office space for low-level factory workers as well as a lounge, and retains that latter use with added functionality as a mess hall and a barracks. Much of the furniture added over time is vintage and Sith in origin, which Damsy and friends have been able to recover from their various expeditions into Sith space. Some residents have hung up remnants of their past—such as flags or miscellaneous heirlooms—to pay homage to a past they hope not to relive but also not to forget.

pvFHEU0.jpg
This junction of pipe-like corridors is a few levels below the previously mentioned rooms. It can be accessed by functional turbolift from the qabbrat. It has three paths, each leading to one of the points of interest listed below. Walking down any of the hallways can be disorienting for newcomers, maybe because of their shape or twists and turns, or maybe because of a Sith spell cast on them.

97I0GmC.jpg
This reactor is the only one in a chain of replicant rooms that is of use. The others are in various states of disrepair but are all condemned. At least two can be explored if one is willing—or able—to climb over warped metal and upheaved duracrete, and hold their breath long enough to withstand mold spores and airborne poisons. Reactor 1 still fulfills its original purpose: providing hydro cooling to the thermoelectric power coils and the metal quenchers next door.

yRJzDHx.jpg
This section of the factory is easily the largest, but still is small for a local pylon grid and metal foundry in one. It provides The Reef with electricity for its everyday operations, as well as a wealth of starship power couplings that can be sold to buyers. This transaction is the Sanctorium's main source of income.

1F3DAkm.png
The Vault: Herein is the main storage space for many Sanctorium assets, such as funds, weapons, rations, spare parts for factory systems, and more.

SECURITY
Low – The Reef’s main boon is that it is currently unknown to the New Jedi Order. However, a few security systems are in place for the eventuality of being found out. Most were in place before the plant was abandoned and thus in bad shape, but have since been restored. They include:
  • an electric fence to keep people out of the old elevator shaft, but it’s cut up and rather ineffective;
  • large twin reinforced blast doors at the lobby entrance;
  • magna-locks on safe rooms within the vault;
  • laser gate systems set up around the reactors and power stations;
  • switches to cut off power to any part of the plant in case of emergency;
  • security cameras hidden to watch visitors to the Apartments and hooked up to monitors within the control room;
  • thumbpass sensors into the control room and on the turbolift down to the labyrinth;
    and
  • Sith spellcasting on the lower-level corridors to disorient non-Sithspawn.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Before 835 ABY: Since construction for the company Kel-Mar, this relatively small factory produced their famous starship power couplings on Coruscant.​

835-867 ABY: Operation suddenly stops and the plant is abandoned, forcing previously employed residents of Veshok Terrace to find work elsewhere. Some move away. Homeless Coruscanti and criminal fugitives begin to use the factory corridors for shelter. They quickly fall into disrepair.​

866 ABY: Damsy Callat Damsy Callat and Kai Arlo Renard Arlo Renard rediscover the factory.​

867 ABY: The growing Sithspawn Sanctorium moves into the area, nicknaming it The Reef.​

Last edited:
:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Damsy Callat Damsy Callat

I really love this submission. The only issue is with your image credits. They are a direct link to the image rather than the site you found them. If you can still find those and swap it out that would be awesome. If you can't find them ping me and I can give it a try.

Let me know!

will you sink down to me?
Thanks for reviewing, Judah Lesan Judah Lesan ! :)

Swapped out most of those direct links of sites, added a credit for the red Jericho logo as I realized I overlooked that.

I wasn't able to find https://i.pinimg.com/originals/25/8e/7f/258e7fb3b485cad254a795a6ca1aaa2d.png. I can edit it out for another image if you would like.

Also, that last Clockwork City link goes to a site that Google Images told me has the image I used for The Vault on it, but it won't load for me so I don't know what's up. I've poked around a bit and can't seem to find that one elsewhere either. Would you like me to edit a new image for that graphic too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom