Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction The Red Funeral || Braxant Covenant

Aito

A
Renoux.png

H O U S E • R E N O U X

Outfit: This
Tag: Cyressa Tiberos | Tymair Amnen | Romulus Vel Romulus Vel | Arlo Amnen Arlo Amnen

Aito noticed someone from House Amnen had approached them, his relaxed position around Lady Cyressa stiffened and he was thankful that his Lightsaber was still clipped to his belt. While there were meant to be ongoing peace talks and he doubted some noble would attempt anything publicly in front of him. War was never far from his mind and it was not a wild thought to think there could be a fall out from the peace talks and fights began breaking out once again. It was something that he would rather avoid but it was not a situation that he could do anything but defend House Renoux. That meant protecting those that were taken in as wards for the House as well.

So, Cyressa trying to remove his presence and wander alone with someone from House Amnen, that was not possible.

"I am afraid Lady Cyressa, I cannot help this man with his mission. I must ensure your safety, I doubt Lord Ulysses would be pleased to hear that I felt you alone with a member of House Amnen to help someone chase a person from another House." Looking to Lord Tymair, it was clear that the man did not care for this Arlo Amnen, refusing to help look for the person. That or he was far, far too interested in Lady Cyressa for his own good.

Aito paused and allowed Lord Tymair and Lady Cyressa to lead the way since he was certainly not leaving their side. His focused mind was ensuring that Lady Cyressa was not risking the good name of House Renoux.

braxantdiv1.png

370d9lz.png

Lightning danced between her fingertips as she readied herself to let that fly. The dagger would act like the lightning rod she needed to aim it, ready herself to defend more, fight more. But instead he spoke. Aliris just blinked, letting the blue around her now slightly burnt fingers die out. She listened, in silence, as she continued to hang upside down. Frowned in thought. It was a tempting offer.

It always would be.

"What do you want in exchange?"

Tycho Amnen Tycho Amnen

"Only what you would give freely." He answered.

"Dedication. Loyalty. Love. Trust." He spoke to her kindly, the barest hint of hope in his voice.

"My family stands at the edge of a crucible. My house that has stood for a thousand generations is now more vulnerable than it has ever been. My grandson is not much older than you. It has fallen to him to lead our house, our family, our blood forward into a murky future. Enemies surround him from within and without, and I am an old man with far more years behind me than ahead."

A tired sigh escaped his lips.

"He is a good boy…a good man. All I ask of you child is to come to Muunilinst, wash yourself, eat until you're full, sleep until you're rested and consider joining my grandson's court as a Justicar, a warrior. Allow yourself to learn, to grow, to reach the potential of your power. All I ask is that if we provide these things for you, you open your mind and your heart, that you allow my family to show you that they are worth your time, your protection, your heart. Give yourself a chance and a purpose."

"My name is Tycho. What's yours?"

Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru

braxantdiv9.png

Tag: Arlo Amnen Arlo Amnen
Despite the somber faces, Nexus City was quite lovely. Her father had warned her previously about this world, and the noble family that lorded over it. But today, something seemed... different. Her father had a glimmer in his eyes when he'd left for his merchant guild meeting. A feeling inside told her it was something to look forward to, something good. When father was happy, she was, too.

Holding her basket, the contents covered gently with a tea towel, Prim walked the busy streets.

"Pastries?" she called, absently. Her eyes were too busy taking in her surroundings to really focus on her task. And, as she craned her neck to get a look at the Keep in the distance, she bumped into something. Or someone, rather. Prim blinked to see a boy about her own age.

"Would you like to buy a pastry?" she asked without skipping a beat... and without apology. Every opportunity was a chance to make a sale, after all.

370d9lz.png

Nobility, huh? She crossed her arms, having rolled into a sitting position after he dropped her. It was a good offer. A chance to learn and not have to worry about food for a bit. Subservience wasn't something she really aspired to, but for now? Perhaps it'd be useful. Her expression hardened before she closed her eyes and huffed in annoyance. Reached out to take up the ring in her hand.

"Aliris. .. Why bother offering this to me, though?"

Tycho Amnen Tycho Amnen

Last edited:
Amnen.png

H O U S E • A M N E N

RFBanner.png

(Post Soundtrack: "Karnaca Epilogue")
Apparel: [X]

braxantdiv1.png

Arlo must’ve been just as overwhelmed by the city as the girl who bumped into him; He never saw her coming his way, and as soon as they collided, he scrambled for an apology. For all he knew, she was a noblewoman with personal guards that would sooner gut him than accept his clumsy mistake.

But when his eyes fell upon a girl his own age, he emptied his lungs with a sigh of relief.

I’m sorry…?” he both offered and asked, confused by her demeanor. Arlo expected her to be angry, or at the very least, frustrated. Instead, she peddled pastries. He looked to her basket, suddenly realizing how hungry he’d gotten while wandering the farther reaches of the city.

I-I’d love one,” the Amnen boy said gratefully, rummaging in his pocket for coin. Mother never let him go far without a bit of pocket change.

He passed Prim Pellian Prim Pellian a clutch of money, then selected a treat from the basket.

Thanks,” he said with a soft smile.

Do you live here, in the city?
explore.png

braxantdiv1.png

370d9lz.png

Nobility, huh? She crossed her arms, having rolled into a sitting position after he dropped her. It was a good offer. A chance to learn and not have to worry about food for a bit. Subservience wasn't something she really aspired to, but for now? Perhaps it'd be useful. Her expression hardened before she closed her eyes and huffed in annoyance. Reached out to take up the ring in her hand.

"Aliris. .. Why bother offering this to me, though?"

Tycho Amnen Tycho Amnen

The old man shrugged.

"Children should be cared for."

And it's clearly been too long since someone cared for you.

He thought.

"My grandson, Arlo Amnen Arlo Amnen , needs more children his age around him."

And his mother would not mind more either.

He thought of his daughter Tyonna Amnen Tyonna Amnen . He thought of the struggles that weighed on her for so long until Arlo came into the picture. The Force had a will and perhaps this girl's desperate act was The Force once again.

"And if we may speak plainly with one another." He knelt in one knee so he could look her in the eye. "It will not be long before blood is spilled again and as I said I am old. I hope that the day things once again turn bloody, you and your power will be there to spill it on behalf of Ty'darius. If this life I offer you doesn't work, well you are under no obligation to stay. So Aliris, what do you say?"

Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru

braxantdiv9.png

"The buns have bits of dried Jogan fruit," Prim said as Arlo Amnen Arlo Amnen made his selection. "The others have jellyfruit filling."

It was especially useful that her father could acquire anything she needed, especially the exotic fruits that weren't always available in the markets. The girl watched curiously as Arlo picked out his pastry, and she pocketed the coins with a nod.

"Thank you very much," she said, remembering her manners this time.

Prim was about to turn and continue down the street when the boy asked if she lived in the city. "I don't live here," she said, letting her eyes wander towards the city's skyline. "I don't live anywhere, really – my father and I have a ship and we travel from place to place."

She canted her head slightly. "Do you live here?"

168233345834770983-2.png

H O U S E • A M N E N

“Good day Ser Romulus,” she said politely, obliging his handshake as he turned his attention to Aito, explaining to the group the situation of a wayward child. “I can’t say that I’ve seen him, but I hope that you find him soon.” her mind whirred with possibilities, seeing the chance to gain some control over her own situation and free herself from the Justicar breathing down her neck. “Perhaps, Aito, you could help track him down? An act of good faith from House Renoux.”

"No need for the honorific, my lady, I'm just a self-made man finding his place in the realm. I do, however, appreciate the sincere offer. Ready for a treasure hunt, ser?"

"I am afraid Lady Cyressa, I cannot help this man with his mission. I must ensure your safety, I doubt Lord Ulysses would be pleased to hear that I felt you alone with a member of House Amnen to help someone chase a person from another House." Looking to Lord Tymair, it was clear that the man did not care for this Arlo Amnen, refusing to help look for the person. That or he was far, far too interested in Lady Cyressa for his own good.

Of course, duty, honor, and whatnots. What are those anyway but feudal jargons. In my experience, it's desire and power that makes people do things. They do, however, like to sugarcoat with those terms to pat themselves on the back.
"So, umm, what was that? A no? Oh don't worry, I wasn't actually looking for help. Just needed a pair of ears to blab my magnificent stories, yeah, that's that. You can ask my best buddy right here on what you're missing. Offense taken, though."

"Justicar. Do you have any experience in pest control?" Tymair said, directing his words at Aito, and trying his best to avoid eye contact with Romulus. His attempts were unsuccessful.

"Even an honorary guest can outstay its welcome," he said, more for Cyressa to hear than anyone else.

"Touché. You say that now, but I'm sure you're gonna miss this fluffy ball of party drugs someday."

To say that Tymair is an irritating guy is an understatement. It doesn't mean that I hate him, however. One, I work for his family, so I am contractually obligated to not hate him. Two, he seems very dedicated to his House, and is doing a good job at that, from what I gathered so far. I would be the same if given the chance, although better and much more fun, obviously.
"No. No, I have not seen Arlo," Tymair said, smile as false as could, "and as he is not here...I do suggest you look elsewhere...lest you miss him of course. How we shall miss your company. But I shall instead have to brave these streets with the Lady Tiberos alone." Mostly. The Justicar wasn't going anywhere, neither were his own guards.

"Alright, alright, I'm not going to bother you lot any longer. Thanks for the massive help, folks. Big ones. Nice meeting you my lady, ser. Take a good care, snakes and lizards on every corner and alleyway. My lord."

As I walk away from the interesting interactions, I shifted my full attention on finding Arlo. It's somewhat nice that Tyonna sent me to look for her son. I have a hunch that the family doesn't really like it when I interact too much with him. Could it be the gray area that is my social status? A somewhat-noble from a distant land, with questionable background and suspect character. But the kid likes me, I know that for a fact. I mean how couldn't he? Driven away from home, stranded in a completely alien surroundings, at the age of 13, I know those feelings all too well, no one else does.

Thirteen. That was a lifetime ago. I can't remember clearly the reasoning behind my first exile. In my blurry memory, all I can recall is dad screaming "pathetic", "moron", and "dogpound". Kastor, on the other hand, told me after I was back, that it had to do with Semele. I doubted the notion, naturally, Semele and I never had any major fights. That was probably just another lie Kastor fabricated to manipulate me. The only thing I know for a fact is that the first exile was the beginning of the end. That day, a twin was separated. That day, we dug into our deepest fear to hide from the pain, lingering outside the reach of the flames that dimmed under the thunderous storms that were our hearts.

Buzzing voices of kids interrupted my thoughts. Not Arlo's, but he should be around. If I know something about the kid, it's that he craves connections with peers of his age. The boys circling and rummaging a box besides what it seems to be a fruit shop look too young and too rowdy. 50 meters and there is a boy queuing at a soup station. Doesn't look like Arlo after a squint. Another 50 meters, and I saw two youngins across a saloon. A girl, facing my direction, holding a basket full of something. It appears that she is selling those goods to a boy. Is that Arlo? Yes, that's the clothes he wore when I saw him earlier. And is there no law regarding child labor on this planet? I don't think so, those helpless feudal luddites.
"Hey kiddo!"
He should recognize my voice. I don't want to just shout his name, who knows who, what, lurks among these peasants. ​

"I miss you buddy, where have you been? And who is this little garage sales lemonade stand? Ooooh, what's that, loony cakes? I'll have one of those pinkies, thank you very much."

A bit of an impulsive move, I have to admit. I don't even know how much it was, and there's always a chance that the cakes are poisonous. I have a pack of poison antidotes, obviously, but have you ever choke on Dozoisian Snark Venom? I have, my brother pranked me, allegedly. I have to tell you, that thing stings. Too late, though. I tossed a pocket of coins to the girl. Hopefully she is quick enough to catch it. She might be a force savant, for all I know.
Amnen.png

370d9lz.png

"Kids my age are winey and weak usually. You want me to fight for your grandson, then? Fight and kill? And in turn I get.. Food? A bed?" She frowned in thought, rubbing at her chin as she really did seem to start thinking it all through. Think through her options before staring again at the man before her. She held up the ring then, practically shoving it in his face to try and emphasize what she was about to say.

"I want more of these. Not specifically the rings. These are remnants of my family, and why I'm even here. So long as I'm still free to keep looking for the remnants of my family, I can agree."

Tycho Amnen Tycho Amnen

Amnen.png

H O U S E • A M N E N

(Post Soundtrack: "Karnaca Epilogue")
Apparel: [X]

braxantdiv1.png

She canted her head slightly. "Do you live here?"

"N-no, I don’t," Arlo stammered, realizing now from her tone that perhaps it was rude to go about asking people where they hail from.

"I’m from Muunilinst."

He’d never heard of someone coming from nowhere, but he could still relate in a sense. Before Muunilinst, before House Amnen, young Arlo was from Artorias… which may as well be nowhere, as far as he and the rest of the Braxant Houses were concerned.

Arlo parted his lips to take a bite of his fruit bun when a familiar voice called to him from the rear.

"Rom!" Arlo said, beaming at his older friend. He held up the bun for him to see, clearly proud of his find despite the ungainly way he acquired it.

"I've been exploring. Watching, listening... and I’ve just met- erm, I’m sorry, I didn’t catch your name?"

The lordling looked to Prim Pellian Prim Pellian with a kind smile, before offering her a small head bow.

"My name is Arlo."

Outfit: Link
Tags: Adelina Draco Adelina Draco I Romin Renoux Romin Renoux I Isadora Draco I Iliya Ismaren I Raze Raze

Tolmeh nodded back at the justiciar in white, it was very odd to not be at each others throats like they would normally be but Lady Deyanira was one of the main pushers for this peace and he wasn't ever going to do something that would place her or the house in a compromising position. Her children were another story and to some degree he was not Adelina's minder. A small nasty part of him hoped that Romin, the Duke's son would get what he deserved for following that honey trap to its centre after all he had intervened to assist the man only for him to be as much of a brat as the two older Draco children. Spoilt children who didn't understand what it meant to give your life for your house.

At the very least Leon Draco understood what it was to be less than expected which brought him closer to the normal world rather than the noble world, and privately Tolmeh knew he would rather follow Leon that the intended heir Amarantos Draco because at the end of the day Leon would jump into the battle to help you rather than use you as a chip for the house. pulling himself out of his mind he watched the two walk off down into the city, and he was safe in the knowledge it was no longer his issue as he had passed that onto a spy to keep a record of what occurred for Lady Deyanira Draco Deyanira Draco he might get reprimanded later though for reallocating resources without permission but he could live with that, as he was comfortable in the knowledge he had yet to outlive his usefulness to the house in which held his loyalty.

He turned back to Isadora "As your sister somehow figured out I am Tolmeh, Isadora. I was hoping the armour would keep my anonymity but it seems my voice betrayed me." He nodded to the woman next to Isa "Iliya Ismaren of Chandrila, it is a pleasure to meet you. Just Tolmeh will be fine, I am merely a Justiciar and as such do not have a title." As he was addressing her he became aware of her intense stare trying to keep contact with his eye which made him feel very awkward, he would need to perhaps talk to Leon when he got a moment off. "Is there somewhere in particular you would like to go Lady Isadora?" He asked desperately trying to ignore the stare.

Isadora Draco

I
Draco.png

H O U S E • D R A C O

"Tolmeh Thorn!" Isadora's face lit up, and she did her best to not leap into a flying hug. She remembered him well, and the kindness that he had shown her in their youth.

Iliya looked shocked at her friend's reaction to the situation. Though refocused on the armoured man. She was guessing that he was of a similar age to she and Isadora. "The pleasure is all mine, Tolmeh," she said without losing the eye contact that seemed to put him on edge. She then stepped back a little for Isadora to retake the lead in the conversation.

"Oh. A tour of the local sites would be delightful, Tolmeh...and please do tell me all about your journey," Isadora said, with a clear skip in her step, "you became a Justicar...that is amazing..."

Outfit: Link
Tags: Isadora Draco

He watched Isadora's face light up as he mentioned his name. Part of him was glad she still remembered him in spite of everything that had happened so far today. He continued avoiding the eyesight of her friend. "I am sure it is Lady Ismaren" He said in his most neutral voice so he wouldn't give away how much the continued stare concerned him to much. He nodded "Very well perhaps you would like a walk down into the town then, it has changed a fair bit since you've been gone."

As he began leading them out of the red keep he continued "As you know I was a squire when you left, I rather enjoyed my time learning from many of the different Justiciars currently present within the employ of the Draco. I finally got Justiciar some time after you left, but because I was new I wasn't sent on my missions away from the red keep so that they could make sure I would remain loyal even after becoming a Justiciar, then I was meant to be deployed in a strike action just after Lord Elend Draco died actually. So that was cancelled when the lord passed with most of our elements recalled to the red keep and now your mother, the new matriarch wishes for peace between the houses hence why I am still here, still very green." He said sighing. He wasn't as green as he was pretending but it wouldn't do for news of the more secretive executions getting out.

braxantdiv1.png

Attire: [X]
Objective: Diplomacy

The woman permitted a soft smirk to slip across her lips, the wide-brimmed hat keeping her face obscured for a moment as the Duke offered that a neutral party oversees the proposed opening of the Trade Routes that each House seemed to otherwise maintain in their own interest. It was a rather large step to willingly give up control over that which you'd held so tightly for countless generations. The woman though was more than pleased with such a suggestion and was more than happy to assist in facilitating the path forward if it meant that conflict would come to a close and commerce could once more begin with only the fear of pirates and bandits. Taking a moment to collect her thoughts and words, she slowly stepped forward, raising her head slightly to reveal her face to those that had gathered in the meeting room before she carefully produced a simple holopuck from her pocket and set it on the table.

Though they were more often seen utilized by Bounty Hunters, they still had their own uses when it came to the rest of the Galaxy and a need to display simple information. Pressing the side of the device, she leaned back slowly as its image flickered to life and revealed the symbol of her organization before it transitioned to a regional map of the Braxant Run. Carefully bringing her arm up, she motioned toward the map before beginning to speak.

"As Duke Renoux has stated, 'The Guild Combine of Braxant Spacers, Navigators, Mercenaries, and Livery Companies and Monastic Orders' is already spread among the Homeworlds of each Great House, those being Entralla, Jaemus, and Munnilist respectively. These individuals assist in a number of duties, with their services being focused on the unique economic and cultural structures of each individual planet. My organization is willing to take upon itself the responsibility and burden of overseeing Free Trade between the Houses and to ensure that each House is acting in good faith, that is if each House agrees to cede that control to my organization."

The woman took a moment to regard each of the Heads of House that were in the meeting before she looked back to the map. The next question that needed to be answered pertaining to the location of a possible Capital that would be established upon a neutral world that wasn't fully controlled or heavily commercialized by any of the Great Houses. Bringing her arm up beneath her breast, her hand held her elbow as her right hand came to rest against her cheek for a moment before posing the next part of the proposal.

"There are three potential planets from which a Central Governmental Capital could be established that is both relatively close to each of your Homeworlds whilst also not being entirely exposed or easily accessed by a singular Great House without the intervention of the others."

Ensuring that they were still listening, though also making sure she didn't appear to be stepping over any form of boundary that was set or established between the heads of each house, she motioned once more to the map. Her focus was on the Braxant Run, the main lifeline of trade that connected the three Great Houses together and which had, until recently, been the main route utilized in the movement of materials and warcraft between the houses during their conflict. It had to be a planet located near or along this corridor that each house to easily access though could not invade without the others taking action in its defense.

"The three worlds that would offer the most suitable location are Tovarskl, Orinackra, or Dubrillion."

Amelia took a step back, returning to where she had once been at the side of Duke Renoux and providing the floor to those that would desire to make their own voice heard next in regard to what had been proposed and left upon the table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom