Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Real Sith.

Basically, any real life situation you've been in that had the potential to turn you into a sith, whether it be comical or completely serious.

Dentist visit... he took a break halfway through and took over an hour to come back, leaving me in the karking chair with nothing but an Ipod... the dentist himself may have gone sith after hearing someone sing "Don't Take the Girl" without any feeling in their mouth.

chrisgelderd

Half Bond, Half Bean.
Ooh. Nice.

Well, when I was made redundant from my previous job in October 2013. I was pretty much on the edge of killing Younglings at that point.

I'd been at my job for 6 years, doing well, progressing well, a good circle of collegues and business knowledge for a reputable nationwide company. BUT then a new Director is brought on board to change the direction of work we go for, and so his plan was simple.

Cull the old, bring in his new blood.

I was one of the youngest (28) to be culled, but not without a legal fight from a Union rep on my side (who didn't charge me in the end after witnessing what they did), and it took about 5 months from start to finish.

I had to "re-apply" for my job as he was changing the job title, so my 'old' role was going to be made redundant. Basically, anything he could do to oust me whilst making it look like my fault was his game. He even had me interview for roles in the Helpdesk Deparment to cover my back, a job I did 6 years previous. That's a positive progression then, thanks!

But no, I didn't get the "new role" as my skills weren't good enough for his new vision. Funny how they were good before he came on and I was part of a solid time winning new contracts, bringing creative flair to out going work etc.

Anyway - it made me see I was just a casualty of the "Fat Cats" in huge companies - they see you as a number and a stat, not a real person with a family, commitments or bills etc.

So yes, I was just corrupted like Anakin, I felt betrayed by the Jedi Order I believed in so much and they were all evil to me! I wanted to march up to that head office, just like on Mustafar, and slay them, including the Director! Grrrr!!!

21exgg4.gif

BUT I was saved by the Light, and with a nice pay-out and compensation to prevent me taking it further to court with the threat of my Rep, I had a nice Christmas AND secured a new job in a couple of weeks later for better pay, but same job spec. Still there going strong, and the filters let me be on here everyday, so that's a big pro.

And relax.... rant over.

A friend of mine had some chocolate cake out in the open. He had to leave for five minutes to help his dad, and I ate all of it.

I then blamed the "incident" on the dog and rubbed chocolate on his face and head so his tongue wouldn't reach it.

My friend came in and saw that it was gone with the dog having chocolate on his face and just about cried because that cake was meant to be for us two to share.

he kicked me out of his house for a week after I told him. :p but we are still friends.

Alndys

Mercenary, Artist.
I am the eldest. I was first.

But I was a dour, serious child. Compared to me, my younger sister was as pure and bright as sunrise, and my father loved her. We all did, but that was no doubt who the bulk of his love was for.

And then she passed away. A tragic accident, blameless. She was the light of our family, and without her, we were all content to sit in the dark and let our grief fester. My father was never the same man, but I went and grew up without his attention or love. I didn't need him, I told myself. I didn't need anybody.

By the time my father realized that I'd gone and grown up without him, it was over a decade later. There was no heart to heart, no tearful confessions. Just a clumsy alcoholic trying to step into a stranger's life as a pillar of support. I knew he was ashamed, but pride wouldn't let him apologize. I remember very clearly knowing that I could make the choice to let him back in; all I needed to do was let go of my pride.

Then I thought about my car. My career. My successes. Teaching myself how to shave, learning how to drive from friends parents. Coming home from school and bring responsible for dinner. Taking myself to extracurriculars and walking home after curfew. Almost fifteen years of looking into an apathetic and hurt man's eyes, and reading in them that the wrong kid died.

All I had to do was set aside my pride, be the bigger man, and extend a hand where one hadn't been extended to me. Swallow Anger and move on. Maybe with my support, he'd be able to start healing and move on.

I'm not posting here because I made the compassionate choice. I've done some horrible things in life, but if I were to point to a moment where I made a deliberate and willful choice to be petty, resentful and evil, that is it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom