Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC The Raven Owls

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To further flesh out the mercenaries and combat style of Clan Kryze
  • Image Credit: N/A
  • Role: Dragoons (in the cavalry sense) / Scout (in the classic mounted scout sense)
  • Links: Kryze Incorporated
GENERAL INFORMATION
Equipment:
COMBAT INFORMATION
  • Availability: Unique.
  • Deployment: Minor.
Strengths & Weaknesses:

+ Stealthy - Masters of stealth, these Mandalorians are able to be as stealthy as their situation permits, with personal cloaking devices and low-observability war-droid mounts.
+ Mounted (Air) Cav - Their lighter than normal Bes'uliik and scout-config beskar'gam give them exceptional tactical and strategic mobility.

+ High Firepower - While lighter than conventional Mandalorian firepower, they pack one heck of a punch for scouts - particularly in anti-vehicle firepower, although this firepower is very much up close and personal in the form of shock-rods and lances.

- Low Endurance - Much like any conventional cavalry force, they rely on mobility - pin this group down in one place, or ask it to defend a point and it will suffer badly.
- Lightweight - Their equipment is much lighter, stealthier and sleeker than average, this means they lack the tank-like defenses many Mandalorians favour.
- Only Human - For all their technological excellence and training, under the armour and behind the guns are non-force sensitive, unenhanced humans.

Description:

Formed from the fasted, the quietest and the most expert in field craft, the Raven Owls are, along with the Shrike Owls, one of the two most prestigious units of Clan Kryze mercenaries. While all of Clan Kryze operates in a fashion somewhere between the 21st Century Air Cavalry and the Vietnam War era Air Cavalry - acting as both mounted and unmounted troops, with high tactical and stragetic mobility, the capability of rapidly taking a point or delivering extreme firepower with precision, the Raven Owls excel at the mobility and stealth elements, acting as the eyes and ears of the Clan when it deploys in the field, either as individuals attached to an operating group for hire made up of multiple units, or on those rare occasion when the Clan deploys en mass, for the whole Clan.

They famously paint their beskar'gam and bes'uliik white and blue, in honour of the ancient Nite Owls, although the polychrome camo and cloaking fields means their opponents rarely see the colours except on corpses.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Yeah, this looks just fine to me. Good at some stuff, bad at other stuff, and I've got no problem with cloaking at unique/minor, plus I don't see anything forbidding that in the template. Could be wrong about that, but that's what second stamps are for. Approved pending secondary.

[member="Shia Kryze"]

Yup, going to come in here as secondary to rain on the parade.

Because personal cloaking devices are RMs in factory, that limits them to unique/semi unique production (unless someone has a T6 that specializes in that as their RM production item, and even then, stealth tech is still counted under their 'limitations' in that clause), so units with personal cloaking devices should be Unique/Limited. You can either change minor to limited, or remove the cloaking device, whichever you prefer.

Otherwise I have no issues with this and can stamp it once that change is made.

[member="Irajah Ven"]

Completely reasonable.

Update made.

You may want to update the unit template, as it lists 'Minor' as Shadow Troopers, which is where I got the basic balance level from, I suspect this is probably a holdover from pre-4.0/5.0 factory.

[member="Shia Kryze"]

Shadow troopers as an example is used to explain the general idea of the numbers for that deployment, but I can absolutely see how that would seem like it would mean the equipment, etc would also apply. Personal cloaking devices, after all, aren't restricted in canon. I'll take a look and see about a different example that doesn't specifically include RMs if I can.

Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom