Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Raulynate Upgraded Advert

7ee34fda-266f-4c9d-af07-8ff42b48ec79_zpsmrhjkh5a.jpg
..:: The Raulynate ::..
"The Orda gather. Their eyes fall upon the world that lay before them. This Galaxy shall burn beneath them, and in their wake we shall forge the worlds anew."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..:: Organizational Information ::..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TITLE OF LEADER: Ancient of War
GOVERNING BODY: Kurultai
OTHER POSITIONS:
  • Ancient
  • Castellan
  • Amaldor
  • Keeper
  • Curate

AFFILIATED ORGANIZATIONS:
  • Order of the Everflame
  • Khans
  • The Kheshig
  • The Orda
  • The Dread Wolves

HEADQUARTERS: Miasma

OFFICIAL LANGUAGES: Galactic Basic Standard

..:: Beliefs ::..

HOLY TEXT: The Deuterocanon of Annihilation

DEITIES:
  • The Mythra Maiden
  • The Ash Warrior
  • Ancestral Worship

LOCATIONS:
  • Miasma

RELICS / ARTIFACTS:
  • The Sarcophagus of the Everflame

..:: Overview ::..

The Raulynate is a Semi-Nomadic Magocratical Autocracy led by the current Ancient of War Almira Magrath, founded upon the death of the late Duchess Magrath.

Inspired by the historical Mongolian Empire that rose to power under Genghis Khan; the Raulynate also derives inspiration from the Sith holdings that formed after the collapse of the Chagras Hegemony. Much like the Mongolian Empire, the Raulynate is crafted, and aimed at the creation of a Semi-Nomadic organization. Thus the faction itself would focus more on administration on the grand scale, leaving local administration to captured worlds.

First and foremost, while it is inspired greatly by the Mongolian Empire, it also has a great deal of inspiration coming from similar "cults of charisma" with a focus on ancestral worship. The Mythra Maiden is a deified Duchess Magrath, risen to such lofty heights by her children, and loyal followers. Much of the more religious aspects follows in the form of devout followers seeking to make their deity's will manifest, while also adhering to the Magocracy often found in similar Force Cults.

Unlike many Force Cults, the Raulynate is dedicated to the use of more conventional weapons, often refusing the use of Lightsabers though not entirely shunning or otherwise disregarding those whom desire to wield them. Their focus is on weapons such as vibroblades, and martial arts, as fitting of Almira Magrath's background. This also means that the faction is focused on the acquiring of lightsaber resistant materials to provide them the means to produce a more "fair" fight. This does not mean though that they shun the use of Force Powers, with the most devout viewing the Force as a gift from the Mythra Maiden.

..:: Order of the Everflame ::..

"For the Mythra Maiden has spoken. Her voice has cried out that this Galaxy must be washed away with flame. You shall be her right hand, the blade that shall bring Order to Chaos. For this galaxy shall be made anew upon the ashes of the old."

~ Deuterocanon of Annihiliation Verse 3:14 ~

• Ancient of War - For I am bidden to make the will of my mistress known. She hath demand that this Galaxy be brought to the Flame and Sword. For that Order shall arise from Chaos, that which exists must be turned to ash, so that from those remains a new galaxy may be built upon it. For I am the right hand of The Mythra Maiden made physical to bring her Will, Fire and Order to the Galaxy by the sword. - (Akin to the Jedi Grandmaster / Dark Lord of the Sith)

• Ancient - Thus I have seen the flames of creation and destruction when I hath closed my eyes. The Mythra Maiden has unleashed the fire within and has made her will known upon the Ancient. I am a weapon, a beacon of power, and that which shall bring the flame upon the galaxy. I lead not because of name, I lead for I have shown my merit. My skills and prowess are known, and those beneath look upon me as a beacon of leadership. - (Akin to a Jedi Master / Sith Lord)

• Castellan - The Mythra Maiden has not blessed me with her fire. Nay she has blessed me with her Durasteel. Within my hands she hath lain her blade, and within my hands I shall wield it in her name. - (Akin to a Jedi Guardian / Sith Marauder)

• Amaldor - I seek not the brute power of the Castellan as it is beneath me. I seek not the destructive force of the Keeper for it is beyond me. Thus Mythra has decreed that I shall have both, for I represent the scales of balance that she holds. I represent her law made physical. Her blade and flame unite within a single vessel. - (Akin to a Jedi Sentinel / Sith Assassin)

• Keeper - Fire begats all of creation. Fire lays low all things to ash. I have been deemed worthy to hold within myself the flames of our Mythra Maiden. For she has made me into her vessel to hold her fire until she commands it be unleashed upon the Galaxy. - (Akin to a Jedi Consular / Sith Inquisitor)

• Curate - I lay as nothing. I am no one. My hands are not worthy or steel. My body is not worthy to be a vessel of flames. I shall deserve neither, nor do I have the ability to unite them. I am a blank slate that the Mythra Maiden shall craft so that her will be done. - (Akin to a Jedi Padawan / Sith Acolyte)

..:: Khans ::..
"Those worlds that have been turned to ash, they are to be reforged. The Mythra Maiden has thus brought her hand upon the worthy, and has risen up those whom have proven their merit. They shall reforge the worlds in her image and make her will be done. For they are the Khans."
~ Deuterocanon of Annihilation Verse 5:11 ~

The Khans are a group of beings selected from the ranks of the Raulynate and those whom fall under its sway. These beings are chosen by the Ancient of War, in the name of the Mythra Maiden not for their family lineage, wealth or power. Rather they are chosen for their ability to lead. To unite people and to make a dream become reality.

The title of Khan is an honorific, and those whom are given such a title are usually given command over an entire world, or in greater cases, an entire Orda.

In rare instances, the Ancient of War will name a Kha Khan or Khagan, a Khan of Khans whom shall reign over all of the Khans, and be answerable only to the Ancient of War.

..:: The Kurultai ::..

united-empire_zpskkqq9ndh.jpg

"There they gather. Those Ancients, and the Khans. They come to bring their voice before the Ancient of War. Here is a hall of listening. For this is the Kurultai, the body of advisers gathered before the Ancient of War."
~Deuterocanon of Annihilation Verse 12:1 ~

The Kurultai is the Governing body of the Raulynate. It consists of the Ancient of War, as well as the collective gathering of appointed Khans and twelve of the Ancients. Acting in a similar capacity as the Jedi Council, the Kurultai decides on the course of action and guides the Raulynate in accordance to the will of the Mythra Maiden and what is best for the faction.

As it is a collective of the most senior, their voices are considered due to the simple fact that all members whom are on the Kurultai are there due to their merit. Thus seats are not hereditary, and it is possible for a member to lose their position at any time. It is for this reason that the Ancient of War considers the Kurultai advisers worthy of attention.

Additional responsibilities of the Kurultai are also linked to the Khans and their political and governmental administration of the worlds within the hold of the Raulynate. This means that not only does the Kurultai advise the Ancient of War, they also act in the form of a Senate and Judicial Court.

..:: The Kheshig ::..

"Once there had been the Fenrir, now as they are unleashed others much step forward. Those whom stand alone in the light, those that are ever watchful and present in the darkness. The Kheshig shall rise to the place that the Fenrir once held. They shall stand as sentinels in the day, and ever watchful guardians in the darkness."
~ Deuterocanon of Annihilation Verse 7:1 ~
While the Fenrir Guard had once been the protectors of the Duchess and her family, with her passing they were absolved of the duty and let off of their leash that held them from their actions. Now in light of the need of protection to fend off the possibility of another strike upon herself or her family, Almira Magrath has founded the Kheshig, or the Imperial Guard.

The Kheshig take on the role that the Fenrir Guard had previously provided, serving as the personal bodyguards to the current Ancient of War Almira Magrath, and much of her family. Likewise their role also extends to members of the Kurultai and the Khans of the Raulynate.

Their organization is also divided into two sub groups. The Torguud are the day guard and remain at the side of the Ancient of War, and those whom they are assigned. They do not go into battle as their sole duty is the protection of their charges. The Khevtuul are the night guard and remain at the side of the Ancient of War, and those whom they are assigned as they slumber.

..:: The Orda ::..
maxresdefault_zpsd7zkt95b.jpg
"The Orda gather. Their eyes fall upon the world that lay before them. This Galaxy shall burn beneath them, and in their wake we shall forge the worlds anew."
~ Deuterocanon of Annihilation Verse 4:1 ~
Orda, or often called "The Orda", is the word used to describe a military force often led by a Khan. The word loosely translates as 'Horde'. Often, when a new Orda is founded, the Khan whom is to lead them is thrown a lavish banquet and ceremony in which he is given his command, followed by the new Khan naming his new Orda.

Earning the right to command an Orda though is not achieved through wealth, power or lineage. All Khans whom are thus given this privilege have achieved it through their merit. Their own showing of their ability to lead. Thus even a simple private from the ranks can achieve such if they show their merit of leadership.

The naming of an Orda is also a great right in itself. When it is named, an Orda receives a banner with their name emblazoned upon it. However, it is a great shame for any Khan whom loses the name of their Orda, and often the entire Orda itself is disbanded or given a final chance to prove itself by being sent on a mission to retrieve their lost name. If the Orda returns with their name they are granted it once more. However if none return, then it is seen as proof that the Orda no longer deserved its name or existence.

..:: The Dread Wolves ::..

Fleet-united-empire_zpsuy1os1un.jpg

"The Fenrir were chained. Bound to the voice of Order. Crafted to protect and in turn create Peace. Now their chains are broken. Their failure turned to a chance at redemption. They run wild, their howling filling the air. They are Fenrir no more, now they are Dread."
~ Deuterocanon of Annihilation Verse 5:12 ~

Formerly the Fenrir Guard, the Dread Wolves were formed due to their singular failure in protecting the Duchess. Now their chains have been broken, and Almira Magrath has set them upon the Galaxy. Standing as the back bone of the Raulynate, they are unleashed upon worlds ahead, serving in a similar capacity as the Antarian Rangers to the Jedi Order.

They serve as the Vanguard to invasion forces. Small cells of Dread Wolves establish beach heads, collect information and sabotage enemy emplacements. Their once former mission of protection has been turned to destruction.

Leading them is Colonel Mathias III, whom felt that the Duchess' death was solely upon his shoulders. Now he works tirelessly to redeem himself. His vision of a Galaxy with Peace requires that it must first be cleansed with Fire.

..:: The Deuterocanon of Annihilation ::..
"She called for Peace, Order and Balance only to be felled for her words. Now the Galaxy shall burn, the Galaxy will feel our hate and rage. When your world shakes to its very core, billions will look upon the sky and know that they could have had peace and now they have WAR."
~ Deuterocanon of Annihilation Verse 2:1 ~

A tome made for war. Within is held the teachings of the Mythra Maiden, telling of how the Galaxy shall be put to the blade and flame, so that the next may be built upon the former's ashes. It is a holy text penned from the anger, rage and hatred felt by those whom knew the Mythra Maiden as the Duchess. Broken minds and tormented souls filled with sorrow penned page after page of what many could easily call the rantings of a mad woman.

For those whom worship the Mythra Maiden and believe in this new vision of bringing Order to Chaos through steel and flame, it is the spoken word of their deity. Yet the entire tome is not a fanatical or religious text, much of it are the tactics and battle reports of those whom have seen countless battles. It is as much a tool of learning the art of war, as it is a holy text to the faithful.

..:: The Mythra Maiden ::..
"She sleeps, her body slumbers, her spirit is free. The Mythra Maiden has been unleashed for the vessel that bound her form. Now she speaks, whispers to those that listen, appears to those that see and guides those whom are blind yet wield her furry in their hand. The Mythra Maiden turns all to ash, so that she may rebuild all things anew."
~ Deuterocanon of Annihilation 6:1 ~

The Mythra Maiden is a woman whom appears to be clad in Mythra Armor. Those whom have seen her say that she shines brightly, yet there is no flame that illuminates her, just the armor upon her form. The figure is a Goddess, symbolizing renewal and rebirth. Those whom believe in her believe that those that can use the Force have received her blessing, while those that are blinded to it have been granted the gift of either her words or her might.

Appearing shortly after the creation of the Raulynate and the appearance of the Sarcophagus of the Everflame, the Mythra Maiden is thought by some to be the deification of the deceased Duchess Magrath. Though true believers will simply say that the Duchess was nothing more than a mortal vessel holding the essence of their Goddess and her death allowed the Mythra Maiden to return to her true form.

Others do not care for the Mythra Maiden, and simple follow the Raulynate for their own reasons. What is clear though is that the Mythra Maiden appears to be content and rather indifferent of those whom do not follow her and those whom truly revere her.

..:: The Ash Warrior ::..
"Fire cleanses all things. As the Orda descend upon a world and her flaming blade tears across it, naught is left save ash. There he steps, that figure in black. His face somber and filled with sorrow for the lives lost, for the souls he leads. His hands reach into the ash, and pulls forth the spirits of the dead. That Ash Warrior whom leads all others to the realms beyond."
~ Deuterocanon of Annihilation 6:2 ~

The Ash Warrior is a somber figure, draped in black robes, his face covered by a mourning veil. Constantly twisted from sorrow and pain, he moves with a steady gait as he goes about his job. The belief is that the Ash Warrior is the first warrior, the first being of creation whom had ever picked up a weapon and fought (not out of a desire for power or conquest), rather for the sole desire to protect his own. For his actions he was sired as the Ash Warrior, the first Warrior of all whom was charged with the collection of all those whom were felled since.

To the Raulynate he is a figure that represents Death, as the Mythral Maiden represents life and renewal. The Ash Warrior thus represents the end of all things, the being that reaches into the ashes and gathers a being's soul. Those few whom have seen him move about a battlefield upon its end say that he is a kind being, one whom speaks with the souls of the dead before leading them beyond, though this could all be the tales of a dehydrated solider or even the mumbling rantings of those that had come close to death.

..:: The Sarcophagus of the Everflame ::..
"There she lays within. Her physical body struck down by those whom were cowards. She called for Peace. She called for Balance. She called for Order. Her words called for a future. Those whom sought the Darkness and the Past brought upon her destruction. Now she lay in rest, her spirit free of her bodily confines so that she may whisper to her followers. So that they might see her as she is and not as she was."
~ Deuterocanon of Annihilation Verse 1:1 ~

A massive construct of labor and love. The final resting place for the late Duchess Magrath. The Sarcophagus of the Everflame is not a single Sarcophagus, rather it is several Sarcophagi, with the inner most holding the remains of the Duchess frozen in Carbonite. Each Sarcophagi is painted with brilliant reliefs that depict her life, her beliefs and her dreams for a Galaxy of Peace, Balance and Order. Upon the outer most Sarcophagi is emblazoned the head of a Fenrir, the Magrath Family Crest. Upon its forever is an ever burning Flame of Progress.

..:: Goals ::..

"There was a vision once. A vision that my mother spoke of often. After what transpired with Akala, the event in which billions disappeared in the blink of an instant, she saw the chaos. She knew what was coming. She called for Peace. She called for Order. Most important, she called for Balance. Now her words have seen her fall. Now there is no Peace, there is War. There is no Balance, there is Vengeance. I promise this though, the Order shall come, and it shall follow a furious and righteous anger. Order shall come by the Blade."
~ 'Almira Magrath' ~

Every Faction has its own goals, and the Dominion of the Black is no less different. Yet it aspires for greatness. It aspires to bring Order through the Blade.

• Securing the Unknown Regions - Spreading members of the Raulynate throughout the worlds of the Unknown Regions. Establishing beach heads and outposts on those worlds deemed vital, whilst burning those deemed non-essential.

• Ensuring the Raulynate - Securing the worlds that fall beneath the control of the Raulynate. Creating a series of Fortress Worlds upon the fringes of Raulynate Space. Prepare the worlds of the Unknown Region for the rapid expansion and war that is to come.

• Establishing Ties - Reaching out to those beyond the veil of the Raulynate. Ensuring our actions and operations do not and are not established within the space of those whom can be and could become allies.

• Blades that can stop Fire - Procuring sources of Lightsaber resistant materials for use in the construction of arms and armor.

• Bringing Order - The Raulynate shall bring Order first to the Unknown Regions, then to the Galaxy.

..:: Closing Notes ::..

The Raulynate is a faction that has taken many hours, nights and days to create and cobble together from multiple notes (that I have, without a joke, pinned to my wall above my screen; though it lacks little red yarn lines). It is a labor of love and I have put everything of myself into it to create a faction that is worthy or growth on the Chaos site. Thus it is not meant to be a copy, or to have taken from other factions. Much of its inspiration comes from the historical Mongolian Empire, and thus it was crafted in an attempt to emulate its source.

I would like to see the faction grow, as I believe it is unique. I would like to parrot others whom have said that they had not seen its like on the site before (or if they had they had not been paying attention).

If there are questions, comments, concerns, or otherwise thoughts or ideas on the faction, I welcome them. Through mistakes and critiques we can grow, and that is what I want for this faction and all those whom are involved, to provide a seedling that they can help grow and create something that all can call their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom